Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Times of Turmoil

Finding Answers Times of Turmoil Fehrant's Avatar

Times of Turmoil

You were part of one of the most feared groups. A unit that took impossible tasks, and made them possible. A unit that received no public credit whatsoever. A unit that followed no one's moral compass, and did whatever was necessary to accomplish the task that was assigned. A unit that was sent for the most delicate of matters. This unit only answered to one person: the king's right hand, Delambert. You had something that made out stand out, something that made you a vital part of the unit. And that, applied to every other member.

But why did you join the unit in the first place? Maybe it was your unwavering loyalty to the kingdom. Maybe it was the pay. Maybe you were in just for the kicks. The reasons might've been as numerous as the members, but you somehow stuck to the group, and played the part.

This was a time of turmoil, ever since the wild barbarians were driven out through the three kingdoms' combined effort, outlining the map and territory had caused several conflicts throughout. Though mostly the kings tried to keep their hands clean of this, it was their counselors, nobles and others who fought for what they thought belonged to them. The three kingdoms of the East had signed a pact right before fighting the barbarians that if they were to be successful, it was forbidden to fight amongst them as far as territory matters were concerned. But they weren't oblivious to what was going on. At first, they decided to ignore it, letting others get their hands dirty. But the increasing temptation of expanding one's kingdom might've gotten the best of them.

Back to your unit, however, it fought barbarians, and non-barbarians alike, depending on the assignment. It sometimes assassinated stealthily, and sometimes it fought right in the open. The unit was a weapon that took shape accordingly to the enemy; it was a indeed a thing to be feared. The unit went by more than one name, but it officially had one: The Pack. Quite an ordinary name, for such a unit. The name had to do with the fact that each member used an animal as codename. The Pack upheld is existence so secret, that no one knew the other members' real name.

When the barbarian invasion was coming to an end, The Pack was given yet another task. As it appeared a particular faction not involved with the conflict had taken one of the daughters of a close friend of the king into "light" kidnapping: while she technically could go where she pleased, she was held inside the castle and wouldn't be let out. At least, that was the version given. When the Pack got there, however, they found no daughter; only a well prepared ambush. Fighting overwhelming odds, they managed to escape the castle but not for long. Wounded and with some casualties, the Pack made its way through a narrow bridge nearby the castle. A fight ensued in that bridge, and fell apart, letting some troops, and the captain fall deep down to sure death.

Ah, the captain. If everyone was an outstanding individual, the captain certainly had to qualify too. She had commanded the unit for long, and she had gotten most of them alive through many dire situations, though she had seen her share of sacrifices as well. She had bled for her unit, and she had fought fiercely side to side. It caused a certain reaction on you: admiration, wonder, perhaps indifference for this person who was so resolute in achieving the unit's goals. When the captain fell down, some of you felt their hearts ache with pain. Some, simply took advantage of the situation and escaped with their lives---after all, no one was going to come and rescue you. Others, simply were saddened at the loss of such an outstanding commander.

The unit was disbanded after that. Everyone went about their ways. Life went on, and the barbarian invasion came to an end. Some of you might've searched for news of your captain hopeful that she might've survived, but alas, none came. Eventually, you found yourself seeking a place in this world. Be it a mercenary, a commander, a diplomat... it depends on what your skills and goals were.

2 years passed since then.

-------

Ok, that should be extensive background for you to make a solid character. This is a fantasy, medieval setting (no guns, please). I don't want to give out (or rather, come up with) too many details. Personally, I'd much rather let the plot flow and see what comes up. Of course, I will provide some basic information about the present so as to flesh out your character even more. I personally like the fantasy-but-still-can-be explained-style (sci-fi?). This is a pseudo-realistic world, but if your character is very skillful, hell, he could deal with five people at the same time or even more.

Follow the basic RPing rules (no godmodding, metagaming, etc), and we should be fine. I would like to add some notes too:
    - While The Pack was an unit composed of outstanding people, it doesn't mean there are no other people with insane skills like you. In other words, you are strong, but not the strongest.
    - There's no magic or races in this RP. No gunpowder is openly accessible as I mentioned earlier (unless it's to perform tricks).
    - Western or Eastern? Your choice. If you want to pull off a samurai or a templar it's your call.
    - If for whatever reasons you won't be able to post in a long time (defining long time as more than one week) let me know in the OOC.
    - Have as many NPCs (allies, or enemies) as you want, but not members from the Pack.
    - While you don't know how many players are going to join, your character worked with the Pack before; maybe not on a personal level, but at least he knows how other members work/behave/look like. RP this accordingly. If you want to make a combined background, try to arrange that with other players.
    - Your character was part of the Pack, but before, during and after its demise he was an individual. Perhaps he poured his whole life into the unit, perhaps not. Roleplay this accordingly.

That should be it.

Now, let's get into the technical details of the characters, and the setting.

Profile template:

Name and Pack alias: (for example, John "Tiger" Lumberjack).
    Appearance/attire: (remember: medieval setting).
    Ability/weapon(s): (what was that made you an outstanding warrior? Maybe you picked an odd weapon and were skillful at it? Maybe you were a parry master. Maybe you were just fast or very tough. Explain).
    Background:
    - Past: (briefly explain your experience with the unit, and give out some info on who you were before and during your membership with it).
    - Present: (explain whether the collapse of the unit changed you (or not), explain who you've become and what you've been doing these past two years).

The Present:

The East has three kingdoms: Prima (King Polmeron), Precia (King Sarte) and Prisa (King Omne). Prima was the one that had the Pack as its problem-solver unit, but it wouldn't be strange to think there might have been other units, and other kingdoms might've had their own units too.

The problems of the present consist of dealing with border-limit barbarians, fighting local bandits and the eventual dispute for new terrain. Despite this, the three kingdoms still stand united when it comes to dealing with barbarians and every now and then perform combined raids in barbarian territory. It's a fragile alliance, but an alliance nevertheless. They haven't made much progress through these two years. Neither the barbarians nor the three kingdoms have the men to spare for a full-blown invasion, apparently.

Map as far as the story has progressed:
    Attached Images Attached Images Times of Turmoil-tot-jpg 
    Last edited by Fehrant; 12-22-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Name and Pack alias: Jillian " Fox" Walters
    Appearance/attire:Jillian is an attractive woman with Long brunette hair. Her eyes are an emerald green. She is slender, but not annorexic. She i clothed in a mesh long sleeved shirt with a grey corset over it. She wears her her normal everyday leather skirt and knee high boots.
    Ability/weapon(s)and Past: From a very young age Jillian had taken dance. Her family was a noble family who had great wealth, but Jillian Didn't like being the wealthy " Well-to-do" kind of person. She saw how people suffered in the streets and began doing works for and given them her money. Jillian's true talent had came out when she was eight . Her mother and fathr sign her up for dancing lessons, but with her natural talent her teacher quickly claimed " She is teacheing me now" when she turned 9. She had gotten a job dancing to help feed the poor and lowly people who live in the same area as her. Her kind heart and good deeds have gained her much reknown in the Great three countries, but one day after work, she was approached by a man in Dark clothing asking her about the Pack Iniative. There was no hiding that the world that she knew and loved was going to be ripped into chaos so she decided to join the man. As She was a formal dancer her beauty caught the eye of many a man which made her and excellnt spy, but this rose has its thorns which are a pair of patas Imageata-1-Archit-Patel.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Her fluid danging and with these blades make death look beautiful. He kills were flawless and quick. She keeps a scores Her kills were 12-0-1 !2 kills without a hitch 0 Assasinations with her being caught and 1 fish that got away due to a bad informer.
    Background:
    - Present: Now after the schism of the Pack Jillian works as a dance techer and a rare Assasin for hire.

its my baby click it to make it hatch i will thank you very much if u save my baby

Interesting character. Approved. All I got to say be careful with grammar (also, you used "he" instead of "she" a couple of times), and when typing out the IC posts try to leave an empty line between paragraphs to make it easier on the eyes.

It's all just a joke Times of Turmoil Acheron's Avatar
    Would you be at all opposed to me controlling two characters? I don't think it would be for the entire RP, but at least it seems like an interesting idea at the moment.

Not at all. One of them of course has to belong to the Pack.

Awesome. I'll be working on them tonight, I should have them up by tonight. If not by tonight though, I'd like to reserve the codename of "Owl" if possible, it's a fairly key element to one of my characters.

It's yours. And on this subject, I was going to say it would be interesting if codenames had some relationship with the ability or some other trait of the character. Of course, this is not mandatory.

Professional Klutz. Times of Turmoil Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Guess who?

Name and Pack alias: Jenna Rose 'Panther' Roland
    Appearance/attire: She has dark blue eyes and near white, blonde hair. Her forearms are covered with leather archery padding, her hands covered with fingerless gloves. Her body with a custom breastplate. This breastplate reaches from her shoulders to just above her belly button. Underneith she wears a brown, padded cotton shirt embroided with white patterns. She also wears lightweight blue cotton pants. These are padded at the knees. Over her pants she wears two belts in an 'X' shape crossing at her waist. She also wears leather boots with a custom greave-like armour. She is slim in build but is 5'10" in height. This ratio causes some people to under-estimate her.
    Ability/weapon(s): Twin 13" chinese Sai daggers. These hang loosely at her side in scabbards. She uses the speed of these weapons to overwhelm her enemies. This keeps with her speedy approach to all combat. She is good with agility, speed and jumping.
    Background:
    - Past: Before she joined the Pack she worked alongside her father on her farm. This gave her enormous satisfaction for the early years of her life. She loved working outside with the animals, free to roam wherever she wished. The tasks began to get harder, however, as she grew. She had to tend to more difficult jobs such as moving hay bundles for the horses. As the tasks grew harder her freedom seemed thinner. The realisation set in that if the tasks got much harder, and her father much older, she may be stuck on the farm forever. She decided to run away at 16, she ran until her legs cried out in pain. She eventually arrived at a busy town of commerce. In it's centre stood a proud market.
    Once within this lively town she began to meet people. She gained a part-time job at a market stall and shelter at the owners house. Her wages wern't much, after food and rent, but she saved all of it. Hoping that the guilt of leaving her father may be lifted with new livestock for him. If she couldnt work there she would buy him new livestock. This kept her going for nearly a year until she heard dreadful news. The farm, her farm had been reposessed and her mother and father thrown off the land. The young girl that was Jenna felt guilt and anger boil inside her. She vented this anger during the night. She took a daredevil assault course under the cover of darkness. Jumping rooftop gaps, over walls, through gaps and across streets. She gained a skill for it, her judgement time just miliseconds. Then she would jump landing perfectly. She could run up walls and over in seconds. The city became a playground. She worked now on improving these skills. With a mind to open her own acrobatics show.
    On a certain night, however, she was met on one of these roofes by a woman. The woman sat cross legged with her eyes closed. Jenna stopped before her and looked around, confused. The woman was seemingly alone. Jenna sat down beside her, looking up at the sky. The woman remarked on how beautiful it was, this shocked Jenna as the other woman wasnt even looking. The woman then suggested that the sky has always posessed the same beauty. Jenna had agreed. The woman then stood, still with her eyes closed and walked to the edge of the building. Jenna watched as she stepped from the edge. Fearing she may be blind Jenna rushed after her, jumped and hurtled to the ground, grabbing the woman on the way down and shielding her with Jennas own back. The woman thanked Jenna, who now struggled for breath on the ground, and opened her eyes. She said that she knew where Jennas parents were and Jenna must go to see them. Leading the way they walked from the city, out into the wilderness and to a shack. Into the shack they went, inside her mother sat. Upon seeing Jenna her mother began to cry and ran to her. She wrapped her arms tightly around her daughter and squeezed. Her mother explained that her father had gone to look for work. That he would be so glad Jenna was safe. Jenna explained her last year and how she had come to meet this new woman. The woman bowed and walked from the shack. Jenna followed.
    The woman was stood looking up at the sky. She looked at Jenna and smiled, she explained that Jenna had been watching the world with her eyes closed. She told her that if she had simply explained how trapped she felt she would have been allowed to leave. Smiling she watched the sky and said that the beauty of the sky never fades.
    Handing Jenna a piece of paper she asked Jenna is she were willing to join her group. She explained that they needed somebody as quick as Jenna. That her skills would be greatly appreciated. She then told her to ask her mother, as Jenna was just 17. Jenna did so and her mother said yes but to return if she were ever lost. The woman again smiled and said the beauty never fades.
    She joined the group at a very young age which made her fairly suggestable within the group. Though her skills were admired for their uses she was also ridiculed for her strength and, unfortunatly, wasnt much use on the bridge 2 years ago. This was due to her being struck through the thigh with an arrow. This left her speed pretty much useless and she had to be dragged away by another member. She watched as their captain fell to her death. This broke Jenna. The woman she had looked up to was now dead and she felt lost. She felt the beauty of the sky fade with the death of her captain.
    - Present: Since the bridge incident she has lay in hiding. Blaming herself for the captains death. She remains in the city she had once sought refuge in. She trained hard every night and returned to her market job by night. Giving her money away in a futile attempt to make herself feel better. She awaited news of her captain above all else. Nothing else mattered to her more as she felt this guilt unbearable. This time she had not been able to save her captain from her fall.

Awesome profile. I'm a bit reluctant in letting people control the captain in their backgrounds, but I guess it'll do.

Heh. I didnt realise that would be a problem. Otherwise I wouldnt have done so. I didnt really know what she would be like which is why I stuck to philosophy. It's easy for people to spout fortune cookie philosophy.

Anyway. Thank you Mr Fehrant.

Well, I was planning on using the captain, but didn't want to say it right out from the beginning. No worries though.

You're welcome, Mrs. Hyzenthlay.

Well, surly you can still use her =S. Mine was only brief. Didnt say my character had like a special friendship or anything and she followed her everywhere. Just that she thought very highly of her.
    Why not use her anyway?

Hyz.

Don't worry about it. I still haven't decided what I'm going to roleplay as, and it's entirely because of my own uncertainty. I think one more player, and we'll have a fair number to start off.

Registered User Times of Turmoil Lady Rika's Avatar
    Hey Fehrant, happy to see you have yet another interesting roleplay going on. May I join in? I'll need to write up a character if you allow me to be in it, my mom wants me to get off soon or I'd have one already. But if you do let me may I take the name Wolf? ^^

Lady Succubus Times of Turmoil Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I suppose I'll join up this one too. I didn't join the last one, but this one will be good.
    I'll make a different type of character than I have on Numbers.

I already have something in mind.

Yes, Rika, pretty much like The Numbers, this is dibs on whichever animal name you want. And of course you may join in.

After both of you guys post your profiles, I'll post mine (have to write it up too, because I haven't thought up of anything yet) and we'll start the RP. If anyone else wants to join up during that time, or afterwards, go ahead.

Registered User Times of Turmoil Lady Rika's Avatar
    Thankies Fehrant I am excited for this, oh and yeah I need to think of an amazing character idea so I can post it up. Got a few ideas but not as many as I would like. ^^
    Frustrating though...usually I am like amazing when it comes to making up characters, like I can do them real fast. But rushing is bad, especially since I have so many papers to write at school. Three all together...-sigh- this is so lame, damn school and their portfolio pieces! Rawr! XD

Sorry it's taken so long to get something up. I posted in The Numbers OOC but I thought I'd let you know here as well that I won't be able to post till tomorrow night. Sorry! But once I'm home, I'll be far more active.

Thanks for letting me know, although quite frankly I'm waiting for Rika and Sheena to post up their profiles. I don't think we'll be able to get too far in two days even if we do start, so don't worry.

Lady Succubus Times of Turmoil Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Right, Profile.

Pack Alias: Kitty
    Appearance/attire: She stands at 5'7", weighing in at 140 lbs. Her black hair is designed in a way that gives her cat ears. Her eyes are a bright yellow that can be vaguely seen in the dark. They are the last thing her targets ever see before they die. She usually dons a flexible chain mail suit that covers her body, along with soft, brown, footpads that don't make a noise when walking. She wears a hooded cloak that's as black as night. Easy to blend into the darkness of night to assassinate her targets.
    Ability/weapon(s): She uses claws for weapons, hence her alias. Her ability is to see in the dark and use her flexible body for unorthodox attacks against her opponents. She is mainly an assassin, but is used for reconnaissance occasionally.
    Background:
    - Past: Shrouded in mystery. She was found by the previous Captain, Crow, and raised to be what she is now. Her only name is her Alias. She knows no other. She continues to have resentment toward Raven, her Captain. As Raven killed the only father she's ever known. She has no hatred toward Raven, however, as she now knows it was just their missions on opposing sides. It was inevitable that they clash. She also learned from Raven, Crow's last words. While they do not mention Raven's motives for being Captain, he left her in Raven's care. If her father, Crow, could trust Raven, so could she, but she would still never forgive her for taking Crow away from her.
    - Present: She believes it is her fault that Raven had fallen. She had been preoccupied by a group of worthy enemies that distracted her from the real threat that ended her Captain's life. Now she keeps her distance from people, wandering from town to town and doing the oddest jobs just to survive.
    Last edited by Victoria; 12-18-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Approved.

Name and Pack alias: Kevin "Serpent" Underwood.
    Appearance/attire: Kevin stands at an average size of 5'9. His dark hair is usually always long and greasy. Kevin's skin is pale and goth like. His eyes are dark and snake-like. He wears Iron chain-mail over a shirt made of black snake skin. His trousers are made of thick cow hide and he wears brown leather boots that are a size too big. Wrapped around his neck is a brown cape he uses for camouflage in thick forests.
    Ability/weapon(s): Kevin carries a 6-foot chain he uses to battle with, His great speed with the weapon is similar of how a snake strikes at its prey. Kevin is rather quick at moving and striking from a hidden area.
    Background:
    - Past:
    Upon reaching 17, Kevin left his parents bakery in pursuit of his dreams of coming an amazing warrior feared throughout the land. He quickly learnt what it was like to be alone in the real world, his eyes saw before him a torn world, filled with greed and despair.

Because of this Kevin became pretty negative, toughening up. His personal beliefs of an afterlife were changed and he found his dream job as a mercenary. He became a skilled warrior with his unique way of fighting and slaying enemies, and thus his name was respected by many.

It didn't take him long to be recruited into the Pact after he heard of it. His quick, mighty blows and ability to set an ambush is what attracted others to recruit him. This however, came to an end after the Ambush. His unit fled to a bridge were a final battle ensued. The bridge collapsed letting the leader and many of his comrades fall to their graves.

Kevin left immediately after without concern for the others.

- Present: The past two years Kevin's respect has changed, he is no longer paid to protect Town's or help the needy, he is now hired to kill the good, and serve the greedy. The Serpent and his treachery has gone down in tales, many fearing him.

Approved.

I like your approach Caije. Not everyone has to be a goody-two-shoes to be part of the Pack. Just one little detail: "he is no longer paid to protect Town's or help the needy"; if you're referring to Kevin's time in the Pack, I'd like to clarify that they didn't necessarily help the "needy". They did whatever job Delambert (the king's right hand) considered necessary. This could include saving towns, but it can also include killing other people to help the kingdom, people who might not necessarily be "bad".

Everyone should know that while you might have a moral compass (often the cause of conflict within the Pack; but not enough that would make you leave) you got your hands dirty quite often. You did things you're proud of, and things you'd rather not mention.

Rika, I'm going to start the RP between today and tomorrow. Don't worry, it won't get too far, so you still have plenty of time to post your profile.

Yeah, the "needy" was reffering to his time before the Pack, when he was just a mercenary.

Getting To Know The Pack

- Panther
    - Kitty
    - Serpent
    - Owl
    - Gecko
    - Rhino
    - Shark
    - Elephant
    - Wolf

Pack Alias: Bear
    Appearance/attire: Bear is a man that easily towers over most. He is solid as a stone wall, with muscles the size of a baby's head. His massive arms are covered in brown hairs, and he has a complete beard with mustache, a bushy set of eyebrows, and messy, short hair adorned with couple of braids. A bear looking man indeed.

Bear's massive shoulders are draped in an unusual bear-fur cape that reaches slightly above his calves. According to a story told by him, this was the skin of a bear he wrestled with barehanded, killed, and ate. His body is covered in pieces of regular leather armor, on his upper chest, wrists and lower legs. The only cloth-piece he has are his pants. Aside from that, he walks barefooted and all of his toughly shaped biceps are revealed: a long scar starting from somewhere in his upper torso down his biceps is carved; it looks to be a bear's.

Ability/weapon(s): Bear fights barehanded, and evidently isn't disadvantaged against armed opponents at all. His massive arms and flexible body give him a wide range of attack. Despite his massive size, he's fast, and failing to notice this has cost many a couple of broken bones.

Background:
    - Past: Back then he was John, a simple man living in an outskirts, small village. Like his father, a huge man as well, he was a lumberjack and a fairly good one at that. It only took him, and his father to carry entire trees back to the village. His life was fairly peaceful, but the village had a growing concern: a mean bear who kept stealing food, and sometimes killing people in the process.

Tired of this creature, John's father and John decided to face it in combat. They took their axes who had only been used for wood up to that point, and searched the forests. It took them a while before they found the bear's lair. The fight was short, however. The bear split his father's lumberjacking axe in half and fatally wounded his father. When that happened, John lodged his axe on the beast, but was quickly pushed aside by the bear leaving a gruesome wound in his chest. Angered, he mustered his strength, tackled the creature and pushing it to the ground. There, man versus beast, he grappled with the creature before applying a hold in its neck, and choking the bear to death.

He returned to his village, and in honor to his father, everyone feasted on bear meat. The rest of his days he continued his routine consumed by sorrow, until one day he came across an interesting woman. The two talked, and she told him he should not be consumed by this sorrow, but sometimes the sorrow was stronger than oneself, and it eventually became a part of them. She offered him a purpose, to join her unit, saying that maybe keeping him with a set goal would help alleviate his sadness.

Thus John joined the Pack.

- Present: Even though he was the second in command of the Pack, they had all went about their ways. He returned to his village, troubled, confused, coming to the realization that indeed focusing on the goals of the Pack had help him through with his sorrow. Now that his grieving days had been overcome, he lived a while in the village, feeling empty and feeling that he had a greater purpose. He joined Prima's battling front against the remaining barbarians. He was the only one aside from the leader who knew that Delambert was the official mission-assigner for the Pack. He managed to talk to him, informing him that maybe information had been leaked, because the Pack had been ambushed. Delambert promised to investigate on this matter, but nothing was ever found.

Other members of the pack:

- Raven: codename for the leader. Not much is known about her past. Apparently she bested the previous Pack leader, Crow, in one-on-one combat and decided to become the new leader. Bear was the first member of the Pack to join after this but there are older members. However, none of them remain in the Pack as of the present, making Bear the oldest member.
    - Hedgehog: If it weren't for him, the Pack would have suffered many more casualties on that day. He was the oldest remaining member (aside from Raven, of course), and he was the one that always lifted the mood of the Pack, so his death came a huge morale blow. He was always making jokes, and telling stories of the old Pack, Raven, and many other things.
    - Tiger: If there was a recurring character in Hedgehog's stories, it would have to be Tiger. Apparently a fighter with insane skills who fought and beat overwhelming odds. He's the only known member to have deserted the Pack and is officially a member of court of Precia's king, though not well-known despite the fact that he is respected by many. He's been known to travel as a bodyguard for the King Sarte and his family in many an occasion.
    Last edited by Fehrant; 12-22-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Seraph, you haven't said anything since you posted your profile. Are you still around?

I modified the map to show the locations I made up, to give you guys a better feeling as to where your characters are located.

EDIT: Attachment removed. See first post.
    Last edited by Fehrant; 12-22-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Name: Evelyn Faulkner
    Pack Alias: Owl

Appearance/attire: 6'0, Average to slender build. Blonde hair that runs a little past her shoulders, a few strands starting to turn grey. Light green eyes, a few freckles under her eyes and on her nose. Usually wears a white, long sleeve shirt. Over that, plate armor on her chest and arms. Her gauntlets are silver as well, with the fingers very claw like. Wears a pair of brown or black boots. Has a black scarf that she wears as well. Usually has silver armor over her pants as well.

Ability/Weapon: She employs a pair of twin swords in combat. She is amazingly fast, as well as patient in combat. Part of the reason she was named Owl, had been due to this patience. Her kills were never unnecessary, only if they had to be done. Also like an owl, she is a strategic genius.

Past: Born to a well off family on a coastal town, Evelyn grew up pretty well. Receiving a fantastic education and just as good weapons training from her father, an Officer in the military, she was fully expected to continue his line of work. Even more than her father, Evelyn was skilled in strategy, usually causing the children of the town grief when they would play a game, she had it all figured out before it started. Life was great for her, until she turned 16 and a group of bandits attacked her hometown.

Her father valiantly commanded the town's militia, but they were wiped out within an hour against the brutal tactics of their opponents. Evelyn's father was killed in front of her, her sister and mother both met an end she never wanted to see. Evelyn herself killed one bandit before the cavalry came in to help the town, it didn't matter though, she was the only survivor.

The years flew by for Evelyn. At the apex of her military career, she was recruited by Raven, the former leader of the Pack. During the various assignments for the Pack, Evelyn showed her worth. Her strategy helped the Pack out in many deadly situations. Raven did have one issue with her though; Owl was the first to question orders, considering justice before orders.

Present: She now works as a librarian in the capital of Precia. Her skills are still sharp as ever though and is sometimes teaches young soldiers the importance of planning and strategy but her main focus is working in the Library.

Name: Wyatt ?????
    Unit Alias: Monarch

Appearance/Attire: 5'11, toned physique, pigment-less eyes. His hair is just at his shoulders, a dirty blonde color but he's been known to change it when needed. Has no visible scars or burns at the moment. As for his outfit, here is a link...http://meke4.hp.infoseek.co.jp/sasarai1.jpg

Ability/Weapon: For a weapon, he uses a black fighting staff. The staff is made of a metal alloy, one that is light in weight yet destructive when in the right person’s hands. For abilities, Wyatt is very much like a real monarch butterfly, a beautiful exterior but poisonous when in a corner. He can be the kindest person in the world, yet can turn into a fiend on the battlefield when he needs to. It is the ability to gain people's trust that makes him vital; it also made him a wonderful double agent.

Past: It depends on who you ask. A skilled liar and master at deception, Monarch has never been truthful of his past to anyone yet. Monarch was never a member of the Pack though, he belonged to a different unit from another kingdom. (It will be revealed during the RP).

Present: Currently employed by the Kingdom of Prisa, but in very loose terms. He sometimes provides information to the advisors of the King but very rarely and they almost never trust him. Like two yeard ago, he also works for other groups but is still only loyal to one in the end.
    Last edited by Acheron; 12-16-2008 at 07:49 PM.

Ok, Acheron, a few things we got to clarify because I'm confused.

My most pressing concern is that I don't understand much about Wyatt. I thought only one of your characters was going to be part of the Pack. Is Wyatt also? Sorry, I don't get it. And if you don't mind, could we discuss the plans you have for Wyatt through PM or AIM, since you are assigning him a very important role (being employed directly to one of the three kingdoms in the east)?

My second concern would have to be Owl's age and the time you describe the barbarians raided the town. I do notice you placed a question mark over the age, so can we discuss this (again, over PM or AIM, if you don't want to reveal the secrets). Because while I did not specify, the barbarian war has certainly not being going on for 16 years.

Thanks.

I have sent you a PM Fehrant, sorry for the problems.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast