Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Sky City

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! The Sky City Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Re: The Sky City

Haha. No. He is the Chief Inspector of the City's computer sytems to make sure there are no viruses or other problems. Since he was the Chief's aide also in a way people had his number too. The people who were calling him were the underaide's and secretaries. Also, the thing about the media was that they had come and asked him in person.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

Magically Delicous The Sky City Merlin's Avatar

Ah that's kind of what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. In that case my character will probably have you on speed dial.

It's all just a joke The Sky City Acheron's Avatar

Got room for one more?

Blog Entries
    Acheron: Of course. Jump in whenever you want.

Magi: That's fine, I just wanted clarification for when I write my next post. I hadn't decided if I was going to RP Leon as a character until your character contacted him directly. I had actually played with the thought of him being assassinated in my first post but decided against it. Wanted to do something with a wider range of effects.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! The Sky City Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Oh. I'm sorry if I messed that up for you DH! I didn't mean to. It was just a thought that popped into my head.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

Imperius Rex The Sky City Storm's Avatar

Heya!

I'll make a post tomorrow evening. Tommorow is my final coursework deadline so I'm finishing off some stuff!

I'm all for open-endedness but some of the stuff going on is way off kilter, especially the stuff happening in Japan... it makes no sense plot-wise.

I'd love to rant about it, but I'll be nice and keep my mouth shut on most of it. The one thing I will point out that really rubs me the wrong way is when someone bypasses a major arc in a RP. It's like watching an action movie and right when it gets good, it fades to black and it's the next day. Please don't jump the gun and sum up the events in Japan before our characters even have a chance to interact with each other. Its very rude. Thank you.

The Lone Dagger The Sky City Xithor's Avatar

Just wanna apologize for kinda forcing the action into a halt in Japan there, I didn't really see the problems with my posts until I went back and re-read them.

I amended them, the first one when Kolt ran into the tower with Emma he gets denied service instead of the tower being empty which is not reasonable to begin with and my second post the attack is still going on outside even though Kolt had managed to doze off for an hour or so waiting for Emma to come to. They are both now rushing back down to join the mayhem.

I apologize for putting such a crutch on things with those two posts and I'll make sure to re-read anything before posting it in the future. Again I'm sorry.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I probably should have just sent you a PM on that part, so I apologize for that. I honestly just want to make sure we all have the same concept of what the world is, and right now I think we don't. That really isn't anyone's fault, it is the nature of a more open-ended RP. I would just prefer there to be at least some sort of consensus on "who" or "what" is attacking Japan and what the scale of it is. I mean discussing it here, not in the RP of course. It doesn't even need to be detailed. I like a good mystery myself. I just don't want to be focusing all my brainstorming(which I do a lot of) on one path and I come back to find someone changed it to something totally different, making all that effort go to waste(especially if I was writing something at the time). But hey that might be me. Whether you all want to do that or not is up to you. It's just a suggestion. I'm just a team member.

In any case, I personally am fond of the idea of terrorists from the US trying to to stir the pot in Japan. Who's to say that in the future the US is still a "good guy", right? And of course, the whole attack on the outer city is just a cover-up to distract the denizens from what is going on inside the tower(s). What that is? Who knows. I didn't give any real details on who, what, when, whatever... just a basic launching point. I also chose not to use a military body, as that would take the focus away from the tower, IMHO. A war is too large-scale and country-encompassing, while a terrorist cell can be focused.

Hate my ideas? Let me know. I am good with pretty much anything. I just need a jumping-off point. Right now I feel like I'm shooting in the dark and hoping I hit something. Any thoughts?

I agree with you Merlin, it'd be better if we discussed at least what kind of group is attacking Kisho just so that we aren't posting in the dark. I was trying to be a vague as I could with my posts not pointing any fingers at anyone by saying that it could be a call for war bc I really didn't know what to think. Obviously my character's partner could be wrong that it is a call for war, she probably is, which would make for a better story judging from Merlin's post bc we would have more focused interactions with a group than with two entire nations going to war.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Blog Entries
    When I first wrote the attack report, what I had in mind was leaving an opening for Atma and Heartless Angel, who both expressed interest in being antagonistic, while still being general enough to affect pretty much everyone else in some way. I hadn't intended a full-scale rebellion so much as an incident with property damage and a few casualties and far too much media coverage, but I also wanted to leave it open to interpretation. I wasn't expecting so much activity so quickly either though lol, I was going to release two or three more reports as people did their own character introductions to ease in to the various storylines and allow for some initial development. It's been a long time since we had an RP moving at any speed other than turtle. XD

My original thoughts on Kisho was basically that it's an amateur attack pulled off by a small group who have no idea what they're doing. They do some minor damage, maybe kill a cop or two before being killed or taken into custody themselves. The incident brings the general unease of the current world environment to the fore for awhile and serves as a distraction while the more subtle, experienced groups continue working from the shadows toward whatever goals they have.

That was before it was turned into a rebellion, of course. Which is fine, we can work with what we've got now. If I'd wanted full control over the story I would have just written it as a novel. XD

~DragonHeart~

I would like to point out that Special Agent Alexandrescy is my current main char. Any other characters I introduced are NPCs. I didn't really think about that before-hand. Anywho, she is the point of contact for CTU right now as she is heading up the investigation. Also, the director is off limits since he will be a key NPC I will be invoking. Thanks.

Ok just want to make a quick inquiry before I post again, I had the attack still going on when my characters were rushing out to attack head on. The threat level has been lowered to blue so I'd assume it was just to save face with people, but as Merlin has pointed out to me before if it is 8 am in America it is really 10 pm in Japan now so in theory my characters actions could be happening in the past, morning of the attack in Japan but night before the attack in America so I could continue my rush out into the mayhem and interact with Lan, CloudTide's character. Just some thoughts before I post anything because Kolt and Lan are the only people in Taneka where as everyone else is in Arcelis.
    Last edited by Xithor; 06-14-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Blog Entries

Well, first I'd like to note that Taneka is in Japan, not China. Also, as per Merlin's post the news feeds are fake, though most PCs don't know that yet. It doesn't mean the incident isn't happening, it means someone's covering it up so Arcelis and the rest of the world doesn't see what's actually going on.

~DragonHeart~

Hahaha that's what I meant DragonHeart lol I knew that, alright then I'll just keep it interesting over in Kisho then while waiting for things to develop

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Professional Klutz. The Sky City Hyzenthlay's Avatar

Dh, my next post is almost ready. It has more of the same in it, and some explaining. I'm just going to go ahead and post it. If you want to me edit just PM, okay?

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Blog Entries
    Holy hell, I'm offline for a couple of days and the whole place gets rearranged. Stumbling over the proverbial chairs here...

Go ahead Hyz, you don't need to check anything with me. We've got some disjointed stories going on right now anyways so we'll just make it work as things roll along. I'm still working out where I want to go with my next post; will probably be introducing my main character soon.

My work schedule's gone haywire so I just don't have a lot of time right now. Don't worry about waiting for me (or anyone else, really) if you've got a post in mind. It'll take awhile for our various storylines to start building and such so it'll probably be rough on the edges for at least a page or two. I'll try to get my next post up on the weekend.

~DragonHeart~

I should have one done this weekend. My boss asked me to do a project in half the time it would take to realistically do it. I feel like Scotty from the Enterprise. The only difference is I wasn't bullshitting the number. My bottom-line was cut in half. I'm so ragged at the moment I'll probably be apologizing for posts all over... I tend to turn into an asshat when I'm exhausted. >_<

The Quiet One The Sky City Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry it took me so long to post again. I've been in a severe need of sleep lately, meaning I've been falling asleep a ton. So it's been interrupting my schedule. I had hoped that getting used to the new work schedule would have happened already, but it seemed not.

I left an opening to anyone that wishes to make use of it. If no uses it, it's not a problem, but I figure I'd give a chance to do some interaction.

Blog Entries

Not a problem, sleep is always a priority. I'm running on less than an ideal amount of it myself right now. I'm glad to see we've still got a little bit of steam going while I've been distracted with other things. I'll try to get a post in this afternoon.

~DragonHeart~

The Quiet One The Sky City Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm terribly sorry it took me so long to reply back to you Dragonheart. I had actually planned on posting within the day and even had it mostly written up. But I actually got stuck on the dialogue and finding something that flowed into what I wanted naturally without seeming awkward. It still seemed a little forced, but not nearly as much. Sorry again for making you wait on something that should have really easy for me to post out for you.

Blog Entries
    That's all right, I've been super busy since the last time I posted. The amount of free time I have is going to be drastically reduced very soon. x-x I'll probably only be active once or twice a week, if that.

~DragonHeart~

Blog Entries

Or not at all, as it turned out. /sigh. Thankfully the worst of it is over and I'll be gaining some of my time back soon. I'd love to continue this, if anyone around's still interested. Hell, even if you're new to it feel free to jump in, just put up a profile here and start posting. I intended for this to be an open, 'sandbox' type RP where you can just do whatever, whenever.

Try to keep it coherent with other plot strands though, please. And connect your character in some way with someone else's, even if only briefly.

~DragonHeart~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2