Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP)

SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Red XIV's Avatar
    Hi, guys. I guess I'm the new kid on the block. Looking forward to getting into this one. Haven't had a FFVIII story in a good, long while, so forgive me if my knowledge of the 'verse is a bit... lacking, at the moment. Hopefully, it'll all come back.

Name: Cordelia Grant
    Appearance: Your average glasses-wearing, 'geeky' girl. She is of average height and average weight; nothing too extraordinary. She has long, unruly brown hair that falls to a point a little beyond her shoulders. She often wears plain, simple clothing. Never anything too flashy or revealing. Beneath the facade, though, she is a very pretty girl. She just hides it well.
    Background: Like everything else about her, Cordelia's life is rather unextraordinary. She was born in Dollet, but moved to Deling City when her father found work there as a shopkeeper. Her father, who wanted more for his one and only daughter, sent her to Galbadia Garden to become a SeeD after news of the rumblings in Esthar reached his ears. Cordelia, the faithful daughter she was, obliged. Much to her suprise, she exhibited an unexpected proficiency at the use of magic. Before classes began, Cordelia volunteered for a student exchange program and was carted off to Balamb...
    Specialty Weapon: Two bland pistols for a bland girl
    Signatures are for insurance salesmen.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I may have to duck out of this RP for a while... I'm by no means leaving it, but a lot of shit is going on so I suppose just imagine I'm being insanely quiet for a while >_>.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

Courage, Character, Confidence. SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Lunasa's Avatar
    Hrm... Well, I apoligize for not being... present. My computer's infected with God knows what and only occasionally cooperates with me. At the current time, it's falling down under a useless spiral of computer viruses. So, I granted the teacher keys to Fehrant at the moment, who will be taking over this RP until further notice. I'm so tempted to drop my laptop down a flight of stairs.

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

I'll be pretty busy for this weekend/ next week cause of coursework but I will post when I can if needed! =]

sorry, too guys if i'm not posting so much on that role-play.... i'm busy too and i just checking what's going on here...

may you have a good day!! hope that this thread will go well...

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Finding Answers SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Fehrant's Avatar
    I will be posting tonight. That's all I'll say for now. Keep up if you can.

hmmm... well i don't really know what am i going to do next...

i have a question about what the characters doing now... like in ff8 that squall, seifer and zell became groupmates to do the mission to accomplish... are we gonna do that or what would be like as the part of SeeD training?

thanks and i hope you understand my question

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Finding Answers SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Fehrant's Avatar
    Though it's not my place to answer, I think after the training we'll end up in a group. That is, those long enough to last after the training is done. To quote Lunasa, you attend class in order to gain experience in battle, for when the title of SeeD is attained, the battles are real, and every life hangs in the balance.

Courage, Character, Confidence. SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Lunasa's Avatar
    Aye, there. Guys, this is the beggining of what I intended to be quite the RP. It was going to have intended time lapses(obviously we don't want to be stuck in April for our entire life, now do we) in order to move the story along. It is up to you guys to fill these in with your imput of what you may have been doing during that specific lapse(as Fehrant demonstrated when we jumped from the first class of the day to the last class of the day.) It would have been very boring to RP every single class, especially on the first day when they are pretty much all introducing the aspects of SeeD(how many times need we play that). So, thus the purpose.

In my online RP, before it collapsed due to 7 years of age, we often had time lapses that were explained with some sort of event, just big enough to create a talking point for the characters, which may or may not effect any of them. It would be incorporated in a narrated story, and usually created with imput from members who decided to participate. This way, there was a change of environment and a new fresh slate to RP on. This is what I intended for this RP as well. Unfortunately, I can't man it liked I used to be able to and (for sure) you guys are used to a different system of RPing. And actually, if you would like to submit your MSN name, we could possibly chat on these matters. Mine is supplied in the first post.

~Anonymous

*Bump*

If there is ANY interest in reopening this RP whatsoever, please reply. I would GLADLY continue this is there is enough interest.

~Anonymous

I'm able and willing. Been a long time.

It's all just a joke SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Acheron's Avatar
    I'd love to get back into it.

If we can at least another person, it's open and I'll get an update post up. I'll move some time past. And maybe I'll leave it open for some new entrants, too, seeing as some people have left. Or maybe I'll send a PM around. We'll see if I can wing this...

That, and I'm thinking about PMing Merlin to see if we can get it added on the RP Compendium.
    Last edited by Lunasa; 10-08-2008 at 06:22 PM.

~Anonymous

I've got only one suggestion, should the RP continue after so long, which seems to be unlikely considering the people that have posted so far. I would prefer if we would start from scratch, even brand new characters for those who prefer. The reason for this course of action is simply one: while I love my character to death, after so long one loses the "feeling" of what's been going to far, what one was planning for his/her particular character at that given moment, and furthermore a feeling of the plot.

By no means is this a decisive factor for my joining back; I'd see it through either way.

Last, I would like to say that while I'm not browsing the forum at all, posting on this topic, or PMing me automatically sends a notice to my email, which I check daily... meaning, I can be reached easily.

And now, the suspense. We wait.

It's all just a joke SeeD: Sprouting a New Generation. (A Final Fantasy VIII RP) Acheron's Avatar
    Whether we start over or continue from where we've gone, it doesn't really matter to me. Fehrant has a very good point though on losing the "feel" of the character or possibly wanting to take them in a different direction. I would be lying if I said I remembered everything that I had planned for mine.

So if we started over, I wouldn't object, but that's not my call. I'm just glad we're even having this discussion to begin with.

Alright, then. I'll see if I can come up with something new. It is a shame. I don't want to ditch the concept. Maybe I'll come up with a new scenario, but try and keep the same concept I had planned, but bring it further in the future.

~Anonymous

I don't think you need to ditch the concept but moving time along wouldn't be an awful idea. I think it all really depends on what we had planned for our characters and if we still want those same things.

Hell, we could take the current plot and make our new plot happen on the same timeline just for the kicks. The concepts stays, agreed.

After little deliberation I Will say lets do this. My tying skills are at about 80% i had a wreck in may and it broke some bones in my right hand, but if im good enough to write term papers i should easily be able to think and respond.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3