Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Numbers

Finding Answers The Numbers Fehrant's Avatar

The Numbers

The story starts plain and simple for everyone. You wake up in a hospital-like room dressed in what appear to be patient's robes. You don't remember who you are, and you don't remember what you are doing here. You sense that something is awfully misplaced, wrong, but you can't quite put your finger in it. Right now all your attention is directed to a man wearing scientist's robes, waking up the rest of what appear to be people in a similar situation to you. In fact, by the looks of how they are staring at their hands, and the "where am I?" said over and over, you surmise they probably suffer from amnesia too.

Once everyone is woken up from their capsule-like beds, the scientist picks a spot and clears his throat. Many try to ask him questions, and interrupt him, but they are quickly dismissed by a wave of his hand. "I know you probably have several questions, but right now there just isn't any time. This facility is one its way to be attacked by a very dangerous threat, or more precisely, it has already been attacked." He walks to the doors and it slides open. A blue humanoid creature lies on the floor, dead. Its blood it's the color of grapes. It has claws and looks hunched. Immediately, you get a feeling you know what this creatures is, but you can't recall. But something about it makes some rage, and some sad. Right next to the body of this creature, there are several humans, cut to ribbons mercilessly.

"There isn't time," reaffirms the scientist. "You all have powers, but you probably forgot how to use them. We'll get out of this facility, but chances are we'll encounter these creatures..." He makes a long drawn pause. "Or worse."

-----------

The RP will be very simple to start up since you don't know who you are or what's going on. The year is 2045. Not so far from now. Technology isn't blown out of proportions yet like sci-fi movies. The setting is America.

Your basic profile should include sex, age (15-25), what your power is, and what you look like. No name, that will be covered in the IC first post. You indeed have a past, but you can't recall. I will allow you to experience at your own discretion bits and pieces of your past, but not of a recent past. Say, more of your childhood memories. A past that doesn't necessarily tell you what's going on, but tells you a bit about who you are.

As far as your power is concerned, think X-Men, any Marvel or DC world. Your power has to take on one element (telepathy for example) and it can be used in many ways. It just has to make sense. So please no Supermans. Superman's various powers have no relationship whatsoever between one another. As long as you avoid this, and having a power that is of world-shaking proportions (time travel, being a walking atomic bomb), it should be ok. Needless to say, using your power tires you like doing any physical activity, and sadly right now, you appear to be out of shape.

That's all. Any questions ask.

----

Characters:

Number I - (NPC) Power: spider mutation. [DEAD]
    Number II - (NPC) Power: super strength. [DEAD]
    Number III - (NPC) Power: summoning animals. [DEAD]
    Number IV - (NPC) Power: unknown. [DEAD]
    Number VI - (Violet). Power: ice manipulation. [DEAD]
    Number X - (Rocky). Power: Control over wind. Earth's gravitational forces. [DEAD]
    Number XVIII - (Hyzenthlay's NPC). Power: dark matter manipulation. [DEAD]
    Number VII - (Ecnasaeflam). Power: H20 manipulation. [DEAD]

Number VIII - (Xeim). Power: Inaimate object manipulation. [INACTIVE]

Number XI - (Omnitense). Power: attack augmentation and transportation.
    Cassandra (V) - (Fehrant). Power: detailed sense of surroundings.
    Number IX - (Acheron). Power: Generation and control of magnetism.
    Inconnu (XII) - (Lady Rika). Power: shapeshifting (animal).
    Miguel Roca (XIII) - (T.G. Oskar). Power: electricity manipulation.
    Minami Rokudo (XIV) - (Sheena). Power: fire manipulation.
    Lorcán (XV) - (Doc Rocco). Power: Organic cell control.
    Benji (XVI) - (Hyzenthlay). Power: Senses manipulation.
    Number XVII - (Hyzenthlay's NPC). Power: self replication.
    Daern (XIX) - (Lowlf). Power: auras.

----

Other key elements:

- Texas City: filled with raiders, some people with power and hellfiends. City is currently in ruins.

- The Human Party: ???.

- Dawn: Group that apparently has strong ideals about something described as "new world order."

- The Necromancer: also referred as A018. Apparently not affiliated with any group. Has the power mutate dead corpses into blue creatures that take on an animalistic version of a human being. Is familiar with character Cassandra.

- Lilith: also known as A021. Someone with immense power who is apparently been kept under hibernation up to this point.

- "Him": knows Lilith and is part of Dawn. No other information disclosed about this character.

- The Founder: someone with relationship to both Lilith and the facility players start in. Apparently discovered the first being with powers.

-----

The plot, so far:

The characters wake up in a facility not knowing who they are. The facility is under attack by various groups, though the most visible threat is the blue zombies. Apparently the objective of the raid is to recover someone called "Lilith". She is released, and soon after that a beam of energy damages the facility. The party escapes just in time, and the facility collapses.

Now they face Texas City.
    Last edited by Fehrant; 12-17-2008 at 10:48 PM.

It's all just a joke The Numbers Acheron's Avatar

Looks: 6'0, around 190lbs, still has some muscle definition but used to have far more. Short black hair, light green eyes, a burn/scar runs from his left shoulder up to his left ear. A burn on his right calf, but no other scars besides the ones mentioned.

Power: Generation and control of magnetism

Looks: A skeletal looking man with black hair and blue eyes. No identifying marks of any kind. (This will fill out more through roleplay.)

Power: H20 manipulation.

Looks: the first striking feature of this girl are that her eyes are closed. She doesn't seem disoriented, however. She stands like any person would with normal sight. It's an eerie sight, almost. Aside from this, she is a fair-skinned, long, dark-haired, slender-framed girl. She looks fragile, like a normal girl, but something about the way she stands speaks otherwise.
    Power: detailed sense of surroundings.

The thread has already been created: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/ro...ml#post1169871

I know you might feel the first post is a bit restrictive, but consider it an introductory post. After that it'll be more... roomy do to things, I assure.
    Last edited by Fehrant; 11-11-2008 at 03:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Looks: Appears to be a young man still in his teen years. Is about five and a half feet tall. His skin color is very white, almost lacking in pigment. The one notable feature is his ever-present rosy cheeks that are in contrast to the rest of his skin. His eyes are a brown color, with a hint of pink from his albinism condition, but they remain at a constant stare, failing to show emotion. His short silver hair frequents from becoming completely spiky in a Cloud Strife-esque format to a ruffled morning bedhead look, mainly due to the lack of mastering one's powers and growing up, even prior to the story. Even though at first glance, he appears to be but a child, this boy does seem to have an odd "aura" of sorts of composure around him...like a calm before the storm...

Power: Is intuned with some of Earth's different types of natural gravitational forces, mainly focusing on the pressure gradiant force as of right now (AKA: Wind)
    Last edited by Rocky; 11-11-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 The Numbers T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Looks: Long black hair, thick brows and a beard that looks like an inverted T. Around 6 feet, weighs 215 lbs., of slight muscular build. Hazel/brown eyes. While he has a youthful appearance, his behavior is of an older man, and often people have a hard time figuring what is his exact age. Also, he seems to be flexible in movement, but somehow he doesn't seem to manifest it, as his movements are apparently stiff.

Power: Biological manifestation*/environmental manipulation of electricity

*fancy way to say he generates electricity from his body. Manipulating energy usually does not imply generating said energy from the body.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 11-11-2008 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Clarifying a used term

Awesome, you're both approved. Although, Oskar, I'm not sure what you mean by "biological manifestation", but I know you're a good RPer, so I'm not overly concerned about it. I know in my first introductory post I stated there were only seven people (4 NPCs, and the three players up to the point you joined), but I'll make it make it 9 total to accommodate both of you, so don't worry. Do write a first post, if you feel like it, otherwise I'll move on with the story and give you more freedom to write about, because right now I understand writing a silly number on your clothes isn't much to talk about.
    Last edited by Fehrant; 11-11-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Sex: Female

Looks: Raven-hair that is used to being pulled back in shoulder-length dog-ears. She has dark red lips, a pale complexion and high cheekbones that make her look almost regal. She's 5'8 and very narrow in build. She has a positive lady-like grace about her. And she is very calm, kind and reserved in action and speech. She has a wry dry sense of humor and is very dark and morbid. She acts very motherly around those she cares for and will be there when she perceives they need support or aid.

Powers: The creation and distribution of superposition effects. She can send a melee or physical attack across a great distance and multiply it up to ten times. She can also multiply any conventional attack/event caused by her teammates or even a neutral effect up to ten times or transport the effect elsewhere.

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 11-12-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Morning Always Comes The Numbers Xeim's Avatar

Appearance: She has very pale skin, lavender hair, and azure eyes. Her hair is short and layered, and it spikes out in many directions. She has short bangs that are drawn off to the side. She is of average height- approximately 5'7", and is thin. She always has a bright smile on her pink lips due to her bubbly, talkative personality. She is very social and talks constantly.

Power: Inaimate object manipulation, i.e. the ability to "choose" what she touches (lets her go through things or walk on air, water), and the ability to morph her surroundings based upon how active her imagination is. However, with her currently limited knowledge about the world and her past, her imagination isn't all that vast.

If accepted, I do plan on writing an intro post to give my character a number. I hope to get that done soon.
    Last edited by Xeim; 11-12-2008 at 08:17 PM.

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Only the Greatest Stuffs:

Honored to be 2008's Best Roleplayer alongside Dragonheart.

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

Lady Rika is my Sacrifice Echoless

My TFF Family
    Froggie, Nick, Lady Rika, Darkwolf, Sinister,
    Flash, Craven, Ann, CLOUD, Kaos_Dragon,
    Mistress Sheena, Silver, Tiger Lily, Yuuki, Halie, Rocco
    Jenova33,
    Dark Rider, Fishie, Refieth

A Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation
    Xeilie Peanut Butter, now featuring sitting ducks and deformed monkeys!

Evenesca, Halie and my home planet.
    It is a wonderful world ruled by Reno, where rainbow skin is a common sight.
    Odd numbers are illegal, hence the even number of words in this paragraph.

Member of FF Cult

Omni, you're approved. Just one note, though -- the effect of your power cannot be instant. By this I mean, the "effect" has to travel (like a sound wave, for instance) enough for someone to be able to dodge it. Otherwise it's pretty much a flawless power. If you're ok with this, post right up.

Xeim, I would like to approve you, but your power combination seems weird. What you're suggesting seems almost like molecular manipulation, a power that would be fine, albeit touching someone would already mean the death of that person (since pretty much you can alter his molecules any way you want). Though you clearly made a subtle difference in stating it's "surroundings". So, if you agree, let's make your power inanimate object manipulation: you'll be able to morph them (like for instance, pop out spikes of the ceiling) you'll be able to go through them (literally, by making a gate) but I place on you only one limitation: you gotta be touching the object. If you're ok with this, join right up. Let me know either through here or PM, and hopefully we'll figure something out. The more people join, the better.

I will once again fix my original post to accommodate Xeim and OmniTense---of course, given the case they want to join after I modified their power. I was thinking of moving on with the "numbers" part today, but I'll give it one more day for anyone wanting to write up a silly introductory post. Tomorrow the plot is moving on.

Finally, I would like to state something I should've in the first post. Unlike other RPs, I would like to note that, as the creator, if I want the plot to advance I might take control of inactive characters and if the inactivity goes for some time, I might even kill the character, at which point you can consider yourself out. I will do my best not to let this RP die.
    Last edited by Fehrant; 11-12-2008 at 03:43 AM.

Air from my lungs. The Numbers Violet's Avatar

Appearance: This man stands at the height of 6'4" and has a pale, slim, muscular body.
    His hair is cut short above his ears and is naturally a light-blue color that matches his eyes. He has very faint sideburns, giving his narrow face a rough appeal. Due to his badboy nature, he is not always friendly and normally carries a menacing expression.

Powers: The ability to manipulate things into ice from his very hands. He is cold to touch. His attacks can be dodged and don't always hit spot on. It takes awhile for him to fully freeze another being, but objects are a piece of cake. One of his methods of freezing consists of touching the object. This doesn't mean he immediately freezes everything he touches.. he has to focus on the object he intends to turn to ice. Another method allows him to conjure ice particles from his hands.
    Last edited by Violet; 11-12-2008 at 05:36 AM.

Approved. Post an introductory post if you'd like, if not plot is moving on tomorrow.

Registered User The Numbers Lady Rika's Avatar
    My deepest sincerities for it being late and if you don't want me to join then I'd understand. ^^

Appearance: A little short as she comes up to just around 5’3, her skin is really light but not pale though she has two little curved scars just above her ankles. She has wavy brown hair that stops around her mid back; polite, just a little shy though she isn't one not to hold a conversation

Power: Transfigure into animalistic form (Will be more detailed later)

Approved. Got time to make an introductory post until tomorrow, if you want.

Also, someone brought to my attention that the distribution of numbers isn't clear. Basically, it's very simple: because we currently have no names, we're going to have numbers. There are only two criteria for getting a number: it has to be between 1 and the number of NPCs (4) plus number of players (currently confirmed 7, I believe) and you have to call it first (as in, post before someone else).

Any questions asks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fehrant View Post
    Also, someone brought to my attention that the distribution of numbers isn't clear. Basically, it's very simple: because we currently have no names, we're going to have numbers. There are only two criteria for getting a number: it has to be between 1 and the number of NPCs (4) plus number of players (currently confirmed 7, I believe) and you have to call it first (as in, post before someone else).

Any questions asks.
    Is 6 taken? I noticed how he skipped to 7, and was a little confused ><.

I believe not. Ecnasaeflam likes VII apparently.

Oh phooey. But I like telekinesis. I can live though, I suppose. All you need me to do is take out telekinesis and give it a pretty name and I'm good to go, right?

I can do that.

EDIT: Edited. I'm not going to bother making a spammy one word post for this. But, my profile should meet your standards now, Fehrant.
    Last edited by Xeim; 11-12-2008 at 08:19 PM.

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Unless you'd rather have telekinesis instead of the other powers (which, from my point of view, have no clear logical relationship between them). Your choice. But yes, you'd be good to go.

Lady Succubus The Numbers Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I might as well join the bandwagon here, since practically everyone else joined. Haha. Although I'm going to do a bit of a different thing here as far as characters go.

Appearance: Donning lime green hair and crimson red eyes, her skin is light brown and she stands at an impressive 5'11" tall and is built like a martial artist amazon.

Power: Control over Fire. Also, creates it from own body.
    Last edited by Victoria; 11-12-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Used to be Beast Boy, but someone beat me to the punch!

Approved, Beast Boy.

EDIT:
    I have edited the first post and added a list of the characters so far.
    Last edited by Fehrant; 11-12-2008 at 09:27 PM.

I posted! It's a little bit of a strange post, but I'm not unhappy with it.

So we have two shape shifters now, then? I was under the impression everyone was going to have different powers, but I guess I was wrong. ^^; And here I am talking about not wasting time on confusion! =P

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

I wish the number system was a little more organized, not complaining I just don't know who is who at times. Or what number I should be.

Blog Entries
    Oh god.. I didn't even SEE that Rika had the same power... gosh darn it.. now I'll have to change it. I could have sworn she had something else. >_<

Oh well.. Now I'll have to think of a new power to use...

Edit: New power thought of and edited.

Edit 2: I was wondering if I can have the # 13. Cause, you know, Nanaki from FF7 rocks my socks.
    Last edited by Victoria; 11-12-2008 at 11:13 PM.

I made my post and took the number 6. Poor 6 being skipped like that, I felt bad for it. Haha. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Yeah, very sorry about the numbering issue, folks. And yeah, Xeim, I noticed people chose similar powers, but I personally don't have anything against it (though maybe the people who chose the power first might). Right now I'm a bit time-pressed, but I'll update the list of characters as soon as I'm able to (with the corresponding numbers). Tonight I'm making a post to continue with the plot, so you'll have time until then to make a introductory post if you want.

Remember you might, if you prefer, experience flashbacks at your own discretion that shed light into who you might have been in a distant past. The recent past, well... I will cover that eventually.

Oh, and Violet, thank you for taking up one of the missing numbers. Helps avoid confusion.

Neh, like Rocky I am so confused so I'll be 2 because I didn't see anybody else with it at least I don't think so. Ah well if I am wrong please correct me.

An NPC is #II.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 The Numbers T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Fehrant already placed a list detailing the numbers and their powers, so I'll just do him a favor and write the rest so that no one else gets confused. He'll be able to update this out later, but for the moment:

VI (Violet)
    VIII (8) (Xeim)
    X (Rocky)
    XI (Omnitense)
    XIII (Me)
    XIV (Sheena)

That leaves number XII as indeterminate, so unless there's a reason why to change, or if the idea with Rika is that she got permission from Fehrant to replace an NPC with a PC, she would technically be number XII.

And now I notice I stole Sheena's number. D'oh!! Though, with that menacing look and killer intent, it seems taking that number will be a pain, am I right?

As for the powers issue...we discussed this a bit already, and at least Rocky, Ann, Omni and I (I believe Xeim as well) determined we can have similar powers stemming from very different sources (such as having a kind of telekinesis, but each does it their own way; say, telekinesis via mind, or "telekinesis" via manipulation of air, or magnetokinesis via both electricity and magnetism). The main difference will be the difficulty of it happening (a telekinetic will have a good chance to perfectly manipulate the object's position, while someone that manipulates air will have a harder time; similarly, magnetokinesis would be restricted to metal, and a magnetic-based power source would alter metal much easier than that with an electric-based power source, as the second one would have to find a way to work with the electromagnetic theory to produce an electromagnetic coil while the other simply has to use his powers. Similarly, a character that uses magnetic powers would be capable of using lightning bolts but would require to convert magnetic force into electrical energy. This is both an example of related powers AND power progression. It also sets the theme for "what can I do with my powers", which leads to (fortunately) unavoidable character development.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 11-13-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Adding to the list
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Blog Entries
    Well, if #13 is taken, that's fine. I can be XIV. =P It looks just as cool. XD

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast