Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Numbers

Registered User The Numbers Lady Rika's Avatar
    Well your only alone if you make yourself alone Acheron. There are plenty of people for you to come and talk with or join a group. All you have to do is ask, hell just walk up to one of us and say "I AM coming with you!" Im sure anyone would let you...there is no need to be that way. Just gotta be more social! ^^

Finding Answers The Numbers Fehrant's Avatar
    Lowlf, I just wanted to clarify, that there is no way for regular humans right now to alter the ability. I'm waiting for certain things to take place so I can shed light into the origin of the power, and when it happens you'll understand why. You don't have to edit the post; the scientists saying the might have "changed your power for the worst" is just their perception. The power might just been there all along.

Well most of my plan for my power is that when he was younger his family tried to get rid of it. As they tried to get rid of it, the power changed. Then more and more events that haven't been revealed yet show more about what happened. I do plan on evolving his power way way later but right now none of that, and it will still be a balanced power. I'll change it up though.

Very well, Lowlf. Take this into account, however:

Quote Originally Posted by Fehrant View Post
    You weren't born with your powers; somewhere along your childhood from the moment you turned 15 they were given to you, but not in the traditional sense of "here, take a flying pill".

I changed it so it describes him as a teen instead of a young boy. And yes there is an event where they get the powers, not just birth, that was the plan, just it happens way later. That is revealed way later. I do have a plan though for his powers. It does have some depth to it, I spent a few hours pondering on a creation of a power lol.

Lady Succubus The Numbers Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey since you guys went ahead of us, (Fehrant, Acheron, Oskar), does that mean we get to save you? =D

Professional Klutz. The Numbers Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    Ah, hell.
    I wrote a big post describing how XVI's power works and my computor froze and I had to restore settings. Now my post is gone. =[
    I'm so annoyed.
    I'll be a little longer, now.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Blog Entries
    You didn't have to restore settings. All you had to do was reboot.
    Besides... that's why you write your posts in a word processor... so you can SAVE THEM. =D

Registered User The Numbers Lady Rika's Avatar
    Im sorry about your posts Hyzenthlay, I don't know how many times that has happened to me! Im sure your post will be great once you re-write it! ^_^

Blog Entries
    I can't wait to post again. The latest predicament that Oskar was put in is like perfect for Liufr to show up and get some action in. It gives me something to do, haha. xD;

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    Hey since you guys went ahead of us, (Fehrant, Acheron, Oskar), does that mean we get to save you? =D
    From a bunch of lousy hellhounds? Not likely. From what awaits inside? Maybe.

Oskar, mate, I sent you a PM. The fact that you posted in the topic but didn't reply the PM tells me you probably don't check them. Would you? Thanks.

It's all just a joke The Numbers Acheron's Avatar
    I'm with Fehrant on this, I don't see the hounds being that much of an issue. Plus, IX is going to take a little issue with V jumping ahead of him like that, so hopefully what I have planned comes off as a little funny.

Would love for you guys to meet up with us though, then I'm sure we could create some real fun.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 The Numbers T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fehrant View Post
    From a bunch of lousy hellhounds? Not likely. From what awaits inside? Maybe.

Oskar, mate, I sent you a PM. The fact that you posted in the topic but didn't reply the PM tells me you probably don't check them. Would you? Thanks.
    Oh, I did check the PM. Why would I be going after you instead of staying behind? I do know what you want to do. Don't take it so bad, but...last I checked, there's no computer at a mile around, perhaps in the city though. The fact that I decided to face the hellhounds rather than just let you run away responds to a set of factors: a) you're superhuman, but your senses don't include super-speed: you can't out-run a dog for much unless you're really lucky, let alone any of those apparently modified ones; b) that's the cue to get your attention, and c) it's also a good way to BRING the entire party altogether. I must reckon, I didn't thought of "c" until later, but it's surely a way to attract some attention.

Though...it's entertaining to have me as the Energizer bunny. Wanna get me a drum? (Again, I'm not being sarcastic or annoying, just taking this as a joke. I get a bad rep of being TOO serious around here...)
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Oh, you did read the PM. Perfect.

I am fully aware there isn't a computer nearby. I'm just saying the if we do come across a dead one in the city, well... you know. I wouldn't like to go into full details.

It doesn't have to be now, don't worry. Just... keep it in mind.

Blog Entries
    So I suppose my group for now will have to run into some random hell hounds as well. So I could have something to do, haha. Or maybe even run into some Raiders! Whee~

...I really need something to do. XD

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Oh, I did check the PM. Why would I be going after you instead of staying behind? I do know what you want to do. Don't take it so bad, but...last I checked, there's no computer at a mile around, perhaps in the city though. The fact that I decided to face the hellhounds rather than just let you run away responds to a set of factors: a) you're superhuman, but your senses don't include super-speed: you can't out-run a dog for much unless you're really lucky, let alone any of those apparently modified ones; b) that's the cue to get your attention, and c) it's also a good way to BRING the entire party altogether. I must reckon, I didn't thought of "c" until later, but it's surely a way to attract some attention.

Though...it's entertaining to have me as the Energizer bunny. Wanna get me a drum? (Again, I'm not being sarcastic or annoying, just taking this as a joke. I get a bad rep of being TOO serious around here...)

It's a wonderful way to bring everyone together....and also make the post I was going to put up, completly void and pointless. I'm not going to make a huge deal out of this situation, but next time it would be nice if you gave a little warning before doing something like that.

Blog Entries
    ...I have no idea what you're talking about Acheron. ^_^;;;
    He already did what he did, and it didn't affect your previous post in any way. And as far as it affecting a post you were going to put up... I don't see how that is possible, unless you were going to double post or something and didn't read his post until now. o_O;

Though I don't think it's a good way of bringing everyone together unless my group was within ear shot.

I'll read his post again, maybe I'm missing something; which is a great possiblity, seeing how my mind is focused on finals and nothing else.

No, I read it correctly. I was writing a post with the intention of having IX take care of the hounds, allowing him to show off some of his powers. I did not read the end to the new post though. So even though Oskar got to it before I, it's really not as big of a deal as I thought. So yeah, ignore me haha. I need sleep.
    Last edited by Acheron; 12-03-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Blah.

I'm bothering to describe the threats so you guys can fight as much as you want. There are far more interesting things than petty (well, maybe not so petty) hellhounds, and I'm glad you guys are somewhat respecting the setting by using only what I create first, though you can still send me a PM if you want to see what you can find, or if you want to try something out that you have in mind for your character.

Again, no one is forced to follow the road I hint at. I would like for all of you to feel like you have the freedom to at least *try* to do as you please. Of course, that's not to say that shooting random powers at every passing person will have no consequences whatsoever.

Then again, if you're fine with this style (me, introducing threats, and you dealing with them) there's enough for everyone.

Though I don't think it's a good way of bringing everyone together unless my group was within ear shot.
    Well, we should consider that the relative time passed should be roughly 5 minutes, and the distance is arbitrary. Compensating for the sounds of wind and the distance, the absolute "silence" of the area SHOULD indicate some ruckus. The distance should also be enough to allow recognition by sight, which is as equally as important.

Since the distance is arbitrary, and the fact there's no other sounds aside from the speech and the occasional howl of the wind, you should be capable of deciding whether the noise and the growls are loud enough or not for you to detect. The hounds shouldn't be too difficult to defeat (as Fehrant claims), so all three of us are enough (well, if I do manage to recover at time), but that's mostly the decision on your side. There's no impediment aside from determining the actual distance and see if that's enough for ear-shot listening.

Is it me, or is everyone right now shouting, "GIMME SOMETHING THAT CAN KILL MY CHARACTER!!"?

I don't think so. I do believe that what people wants is for you to be the GM (of sorts, this is a collective effort of all people, but someone has to "lead" the action). Having someone "lead" the action allows for people to have a "backbone" with which to work. Provide some tools, without distorting the action too much. You have a good lay-out of what's happening in the world, and people don't want to distort that image so much that eventually contradictions happen. Hence, why everybody tends to remain together.

This, however, isn't a call to railroad people into one action, but mostly to lead people into courses of action. Making too many courses of action leads into disaster; if a group decides to splinter and run away, provide them tools to work that out between themselves.

And, well, the zombies and hounds are of "relative" power; it's relative to the perception of the individual.

Lol. Hunny, it was saved in word format. The computor told me that it had been infected and that it needed to restore it's old settings, or soemthing alongt those lines. No more word. I had to re-install all my programmes.

Anyway. I've nearly finished it again. So it should be up within the next few hours. Then Sheena, dear. I'll PM you. =]

EDIT: Lowlf, I know we have an understanding that we are able to control eachothers characters. I still need to make sure you are happy with my next post because you kind of left me at a dead end with your post. It was hard to take your character from there without knowing your plans. So, if my post is wrong, tell me.
    Last edited by Hyzenthlay; 12-04-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    As far as Hyzenthlay's post goes, Minarin = Minami.
    Also, she forgot to add something in, but I pm'd her about that already.

Yeah. I added the thing you ask for in, Sheena.
    I think thats what you said to write. Though, my memory is rubbish.

If it isnt, I'll change it, again. Lol

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Hey, Oskar, let me know if it bothered you what I did with your character. Since he was on the ground, and had trouble moving due to lack of electricity I thought it was in order.

Blog Entries
    You know, usually when someone makes an RP post, they read other people's posts before they post.

Daern slowly walked outside the building to see XVI and XVII down the road a bit. He then proceeded to walk towards them.
    I fail to see how this is even remotely possible as Hyzenthlay had her characters zig zagging throughout the whole city. They aren't "just down the road a bit"...

They're probably like 5-6, maybe 7 streets away. And they were RUNNING... so they may even be farther away. Seriously...

Yeah, Lowlf. You really do need to change that. We didnt move at a steady crawl. We are, like Sheena said, maybe a douzen or so steets away by now. Lost inside the city as we were trying to escape death.

For other people concerned about the ease of us killing Minervas gang. Wait and see. I have plans and I'm not letting an idea die that easily.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Ok, I've read up to Lowlf's post. Yes, he did mess up on the last bit of his post. It's not very bad, but it still needs to be changed. Lowlf, please fix it in a way that at least takes into account the distance Hyz's party has traveled. Thanks.

Sorry, I got caught up in creating my post and forgot to look back at Hyzen's actual location.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast