Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New RP Sign Up

Lady Succubus New RP Sign Up Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll wait to post until the action goes under way. I don't really feel introductions are really needed, at least for me. (It's totally not because I can't come up with anything.)

The 37th Red Spade New RP Sign Up Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey everyone!

I don't mean to hold us up, but give me a day or two to get my intro typed up; I'm not one-hundred percent sure exactly how I want to do this, and my writing abilities have deteriorated over the years, but just give me some time and we'll be ready to go!

The Quiet One New RP Sign Up Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright, I posted the arrival of City 3674 into the lands. My character's on the transport that crash lands outside of the city to the west. I'm planning on getting picked up by a band of unsavory types and dragged off to the city state of Althnor. That'll get my character into the mix.

Additionally, while I was thinking I came up with a name the locals will have for the city once they get used to it. They'll call it Silver Mountain, because it looks like one. If you were to describe it from a distance the massive scale and height of such a city is impossible and would look more like a mountain. The shining and reflective surfaces would end up appearing like either a mirror or something like polished metal. So simple terms can be to call it Silver Mountain.
    Last edited by Andromeda; 03-12-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries
    Hey everyone!

Once more, I apologize for holding us up; I haven't been feeling the greatest and all that, but I will post tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    I have no idea what's going on in the RP anymore.. ._. I feel like Andro and I are RPing something else completely different.

Blog Entries
    I have a question for you Heartless. I appreciate you wanting to join up with my character quickly, but how did you cover the distance in 30 minutes? The location of your city up in the clouds would easily be a few days travel on foot to the crash site. Your city is Northwest of 3674 location no short distance. Even the city-state of Althnor is about a week on foot and day or two by horse to the entrance of 3674 and that's the closest major power and the crash site is between those two closer to Althnor naturally.

The Mad God New RP Sign Up Heartless Angel's Avatar
    He didn't actually catch up that quickly, he has an artificial eye that can see across large distances. He would have been observing what happened long before actually getting there.

Edit: regardless you have me further away than I had expected, so I may have to make some changes anyway. I'll remove my post for now.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    Ah ok, I remember the eye, I didn't know it had the ability to see that far. I have another post I'll make after your rewrites. So I'll keep an eye out on your repost. But looks like we'll be grouped up a lot sooner than I expected.

Since that range is a little insane, I was planning on breaking it, or at least damaging it pretty early on, just so my having a power like that, but not abusing it for the sake of story later on doesn't become another LOTR "Why the hell didn't they just ride Eagles and fly the ring to Mordor?" deal later on. It was mainly a way to let me get myself involved early on while highlighting the tech/magic capabilities of the Zeroth species.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    Yeah that makes sense. I didn't really set any limits on the powers and magics in this world. So you are free to be a creative with it as you want. Magic is very free flow in the world. So there is a lot to play around with. As long as we use things like you said in a way that's not going to be abusive things will be fine.

Apologies for the delay, I was without internet for a few days.

Blog Entries
    Yay I could finally make a hefty post! ...I hope it's okay if I play a second character? 8D?

~ AUTO-MERGED POSTS ~

Darn you Heartless you sneaky son of a gun!

I'm pretty much a ninja.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's fine creating a second character. I'm going to be introducing the Val Representative for Althnor in my post, so it won't be much different. Oh and just remember, the Val have a vastly different and highly advanced understanding of magic in a very intimate and personal way. As a result, they can actually read magic. Sort of like how some animals can see ultraviolet light, Val can see magic the way we see light. So they knew when magic is being used and can dispell magic quite effortlessly because they have a very different way of interacting with it. And they also don't have a comprehension of standard social taboos because of the way that they interact within their species.

Which should make my plan's inevitable turn to disaster even more amusing.

Blog Entries
    Hey guys!

Checks the RP post

35 posts!? Wow, you guys are on fire!

Well, uh, I'll have to read those and see where I fit in. Right now, Unduli has collapsed outside the city, so I'll see how I can fit that in to whatever you all have come up with.

Great job guys! Can't wait to read the developments!

(The RP scene is returned!)

Does a dance

Blog Entries
    I'm guessing you're meaning that you fell out in front of city 3674? You had that in distance from your last post. Just remember you don't have to rush and force yourself in quickly. Make it natural, you'll join us in time. Things are currently working to a stable point with the characters, but we still have to get into an established group.

And once things get sorted out between Katlyn and Shia, Heartless we'll have to sort out how to get you back into the group. Fortunately, your mind wipe thing will make this our first meeting again. So I won't be so freaked out like the last time. With the survivors spread out into the city, the trigger has been pulled. So that'll start throwing in more fuel to the powder keg that is Althnor. We'll have to deal with that situation and the region soon enough, which is a political nightmare.

I had planned on going looking for or asking around for Shia when it occurred to my character that he had no idea where to find Alur. But, I'm always open to suggestions if you have other ideas.

Blog Entries
    Alur is the representative Val in Althnor and the only public official from Val in Althnor. There are several other Alur present in the city, in what would be the government block of the city. All of the Val present are there for the maintenance and up keep of the city's vital magic functions, the ship travel, the barriers, clean water into the city, water purification, etc. Alur is the political figure and the head Alur of the Val in the city. So Alur is in all of the government meetings and negotiates any changes or requests the merchants/citizens have. So Alur is well known in the whole city and the public face of the peacekeeping efforts in the city and Western region. You won't have that much trouble location Alur.

Just be careful who and how you approach. Depending on who you speak to about the Val you'll get different reactions. The common citizen in general loves the Val because they keep the peace while asking for nothing in exchange for the peace that they bring. They do have a natural fear and awe for the Val due to their mysterious nature and well known superiority with magic. So while they love them, they do respect and do everything to please them. The merchants and higher figures in society within Althnor and the Western regions hates or despises the Val for having to rely on their superior knowledge of magic that allows the city to run. They want to be free from the heel of the Val, but technology has not advanced enough to make it superior to magic. Not to mention the Val basically give freely while asking for nothing in return, making it a hard sell to normal citizens and hard to commit resources to something that is going to be dirty, costly and not free even after its use. All the Val want is more knowledge, notably magic. So they are very easy to please. The Western region that the Val unified is especially worse off because two races that are violently opposed to each other were forced to live together under the peaceful protection of the Val to stop their path to extinction. Despite what it looks like Val value life, just on the big picture and not the small picture. So if a race is going to wipe itself out, they'll stop it. If a couple of people or families are going to kill each other, they don't care. That's why they do nothing in the black market, not to mention it serves their intellectual curiosity. And honestly speaking, Katlyn would have been extremely well treated by Alur and would been given whatever freedom she desired in exchange for the knowledge she possesses. It also would have given her and by extension us to near direct access to the politics and high ranking figures in the city, being considered property of Alur Katlyn would have been able to go around with anyone in the high society.

One of the main things with my character is that he doesn't really know anything about the surface world, even the obvious things like where to find a well known individual. He literally didn't even know that there was a such thing as money until he ripped the information out of someone's brain at the auction. So his mistakes in dealing with people will likely be frequent and numerous. The Zeroth in general are what you would call book smart, but not even remotely street smart.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, no problem. That makes sense. I figured I'd lay out the climate in the city, so you knew how to play and interact with the other people in the city to fit with how things are. However you want to handle it is up to you. Just wanted to arm you with that knowledge.

Though finding Shia is probably more challenging than finding Alur, but that'll be part of the fun. ^^

And funnier. An oblivious stranger asking around about a prostitute would be much more amusing than a political figure.

Blog Entries
    Oh, definitely, it'll be very entertaining looking around for Shia. I look forward to seeing how you play things out with it.

Blog Entries
    She's also a hair stylist.

I don't know if you guys are trying to wait for me, but I was just planning on waiting until you were done at the clothing store to see or run into you in the streets. If that's not the reason for the delay, never mind me, take your time, I'm in no hurry, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the one holding things up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2