Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories of a Shinigami (Invite Only): OOC

Lady Succubus Memories of a Shinigami (Invite Only): OOC Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So wait.. which Swordplay test is the right one? The one that Xeim did where she "sparred" with the instructor, or the mock duels in Evangel's?

It's very confusing.

Edit: Test Instructions say something different than what Evangel did. o.O;
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-03-2008 at 10:15 PM.

O.o

My bad, I referred to the Test Instructions and not Xeim's or anyone else's. I did say in my post that it was the instructor's way of administrating the test. If Xeim doesn't apporve of it, I'll change it right away.

Sorry for the confusion, Toph, it's my fault.

Blog Entries
    No, no, it's okay. I was just under the impression since the beginning that everyone's tests were supposed to be the same or something.

Morning Always Comes Memories of a Shinigami (Invite Only): OOC Xeim's Avatar
    I left the tests pretty open- to whoever was the first person to post. I think the only test I was relatively strict about was the shunpo one. Now, Evangel, if you had been the first to post your tests would've been fine. However, Andromeda was the first to post. So, you need to follow his method of testing- except shunpo. Make sure you get the details of that from my post. I've already asked him to fix his, but we haven't heard from him...so I don't know where that went.

So I need to ask you to edit your post. I'm very sorry to ask this of you. -_-

My original thought was also to have all of us have the same tests at the same time...but I don't mind of you want to mix it up a little. Just make sure you know what tests you have in common with the other characters and which ones you don't. And one more thing!

The tests for history and zanpukto are combined into one written one. So we only have the tests listed in the post I've linked to and Toph just linked. However, we do have those two classes as seperate classes. I think I saw you mention them as seperate tests in your post. If you didn't....just ignore this. I never said it. =P

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Only the Greatest Stuffs:

Honored to be 2008's Best Roleplayer alongside Dragonheart.

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

Lady Rika is my Sacrifice Echoless

My TFF Family
    Froggie, Nick, Lady Rika, Darkwolf, Sinister,
    Flash, Craven, Ann, CLOUD, Kaos_Dragon,
    Mistress Sheena, Silver, Tiger Lily, Yuuki, Halie, Rocco
    Jenova33,
    Dark Rider, Fishie, Refieth

A Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation
    Xeilie Peanut Butter, now featuring sitting ducks and deformed monkeys!

Evenesca, Halie and my home planet.
    It is a wonderful world ruled by Reno, where rainbow skin is a common sight.
    Odd numbers are illegal, hence the even number of words in this paragraph.

Member of FF Cult

The Quiet One Memories of a Shinigami (Invite Only): OOC Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't recall you ever asking me to re-write something about my post. Its quite late now though, so there is not much point in changing it. And the only difference my had with your to begin with was that you were just making the jumps at the same point rather than starting over. However, you never said anything about them having to be made together just that there were two jumps and they would be added up. So I took it how I wanted.

And as for the tests, I was very detailed about how each test went so it is easy enough to just read my posts and follow them. There is a consistency that should be maintained in a RP. All I can figure is that you never bothered to read my posts.

Changed my post. I think I got it right this time. If not, shame on me. Also, It's all my bad for not reading your posts in the first place. Sorry guys. If I had, you wouldn't be having to do this. Depending on the outcome of events, I might get another good'un by the weekend. This time I WILL read your posts and check.

Andro:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeim
    Andro, I forgot to mention this earlier. I recently noticed that the way you did the shunpo test in your post was not exactly the way I asked for it to be done. Please re-read the test instructions and fix that. I have it right in my post, as well. I'm very sorry I didn't catch this sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeim
    They'll be doing two successive jumps, one right after the other. Characters will be graded on the overall length that they jumped, as well as how far they got with each jump. To measure, they'll carry a stick. Not like one from a tree. Just a little marker. As soon as the character's feet touches the ground, drop it and then jump again.
    As you can see, I explained the test thoroughly a while back. I also re-linked to these instructions time and time again so that members would read them and do the tests as I instructed. I don't think it'll be too much trouble for you to change your posts, as you don't have anything else to do within the RP at the moment. You may have done them the way you wanted, but there were some things I requested in there that need to be there so that the flow isn't interrupted. That's why Evangel's had to change his post.

Evangel, you changed post was good. You still have a mistake in your test names, the written portion includes history and zanpukto. The last test would actually be hand to hand. Otherwise, it's good. I look forward to your next one.

I think that leaves us to hear from oath. He's told me his status through PM, so I think we'll be able to hear from him relatively soon. I know I also have to post, but frankly I don't know when that will happen. I hope it's soon though.

--Xeim--

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    As much as I would like to post again, I am going to wait until everyone completes the test. I had hoped that this would have been finished a while ago. Though once the test is over we can move at a more accelerated rate since there is not a hard set line we are going to be bound by anymore. At some point we will get to the Zanpukto, but we are still a little distance from that I think.

Given that I've already done the test. The next time I take the test I am going to do it much faster for myself. It will probably only be one post since it does not need to be as thorough. Though it sounds like Shadow is under the assumption that the next test is a year later. Is that an accurate assumption or will you be making it a shorter period of time? Because if it is going to be a year it would seem a little odd to be giving potential recruits rooms if they are just going to fail or wait for a year. And it seemed like in the show that they did not get their rooms until they actually joined the school and passed. I don't know why I did not mention this sooner, probably because when we got to that point I had not seen the episodes relating to the academy.

Since we were given rooms it sort of felt like we would be taking the test until we passed or were kicked out. Which seemed a little strange to me, I just figured that there was probably a couple weeks or a month in between tests. Though it made me wonder how I would be going into class, if it would be like some sort of transfer student deal and being put in the middle of a term or something strange like that. Steph is all sorts of trouble isn't he? I'll make sure that he apologizes later.

Alright I posted mine up finally. Sorry it took so long, but if you see anything wrong with it just let me know. Im hoping I did everything right. *Starts Praying Really Hard*
    2nd Squad 5th Seat BLEACH CLUB

Andromeda. You need to edit your post. I've spelled that out clearly enough, I think. I'd rather not have to ask you again.

And frankly, it's no use questioning my methods at this point. I gave us rooms when we got there relying on pure logic. It was either give us rooms, or have us sleep in the lobby.

As for the next test...I'm going to treat the Academy as a normal school from now on. We get tested in different classes frequently, but not in every class at the same time. Now that we've (almost) passed basic training, we're officially shinigami in training. we'll only get kicked out if we cause trouble for the other students- the normal sort of thing that gets you expelled. The next real test, I suppose, will be a while from where the characters are now. I don't have everything worked out, but I think Toph would be right about it being a year. They need to be re-evaluated to be moved up or down in class rankings at the end of each of their years. But don't forget we'll have a lot of time jumps. I hope to be out of the academy by the end of the year. Before that, if everyone can pull together during vacations and whatnot.

Oh and Oath, great post. I look forward to your next one.
    Last edited by Xeim; 02-17-2008 at 01:59 PM.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n Memories of a Shinigami (Invite Only): OOC FF Ace Cid's Avatar
    If it is alright, I would like to present you with my character.

Name: Mizuki Sora (lit. Beautiful moon, and Sky)

Age (of death): 16

Current Age: 26

Birthday: May 18

Birthplace: Karakura Town

Hair Color:Black

Eye Color: Blue

Blood Type: B+

Height: 5'6

Weight: 135

Zanpukto name: Kagemikazuki (Crescent Shadow)

Zanpukto element: Moon

Shinigami fighting Specialty: swordsmanship

Shinigami Fighting Minor: Kidou

Standard Specialties: Speed, Spell, Attack, Defense

Personality/Appearance: Mizuki is a generally kind hearted soul, who often believes that people are good, so has been tricked a good many times. He is nice, and is willing to listen to what others have to say and will give the best advise possible, in any situation. He has had to fend for himself for many years, and despite having to live on the streets, and survive on whatever has been tossed his way, he has kept a good composure. He likes to stare off into the clouds, and fantasize about flying. He has medium length black hair, and blue eyes, as the color of the sky.

Background: Before Mizuki died, he was a caring brother for two. He was the eldest, and since his mother was away most of the time, he was in charge. His father died at a very early age. He is exceptionally skilled in swordsmanship. He has been a student of the lai style swordsmanship for 5 years.

I hope this is alright, and I have a few questions on when to start posting and do I start with getting tested, I haven't the slightest idea.
    Last edited by FF Ace Cid; 06-07-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Its only no use questioning you because we are already past the point of no return. However, my point remains just as valid as when I asked it. Steph has already failed the test. And given that you are making it a year until the next test. It seems a little strange to have him staying around the school sponging off of them until the following year. Steph doing nothing in the school or towards the school asides from preparations.

You could have had us commute to school for the test or be put up in rooms outside of the school for the duration of the test. If we failed we left until the next year. But it is moot point.

However, it still remains the question of what Steph will be doing. I have a couple things planned, but aside from that he is going to be bored out of his mind waiting around for a year. We also have a number of people that are going to be joining in the next year. Are we just going to be for going that period of time for the sake have not making them wait even longer? Or will they be waiting around for another twenty posts for us to get through a year? Depending on which is the case I may end up not writing with Steph until the next test.

Cid: Good profile, though he wouldn't be good at kidou just yet. You can leave it in though, I suppose, and reveal it to us later in the story. Remember that right now though, he's just a normal soul that barely knows anything about this "shinigami stuff." Read the rest of my post...I might answer some of your questions here. If you still have them though, just ask me again. ^^; Either way, I'll put you in the cast.

I'll also add the bit about how you can join the academy. I'll make that pretty clear when the time comes. And, I'll include the details there. You can post now, but you need to stay in Rukongai. If you've been reading the RP, Sin's posts are a perfect (and really the only) example of the sort of thing you can do. If you haven't read the Rp, I suggest you stop worring about posting and get on that. ^^;

As for your complaints andromeda, we have rooms and no one argured against that when it mattered. So we're keeping rooms. That's the last I'm saying on the matter.

As for Steph...HE'LL have another test in a week (as will the others just entering the basic training). I see the "year" as being a bit flexible. They won't be moving through training TOO fast in the first year, so people coming in a week or two late isn't that big of a deal. People who fail their first year, however, have to take the whole thing again before moving onto their second. Things get a little more advanced there. Once out of basic training, though, the next really big test won't be for a year.

And andro, I see you seemed to have edit your post for Kagashi, but the problem still appears in Steph's little portion. ^^;

If I've misunderstood or overlooked anything asked, ask me again. I'm terribly distracted right now, I things seem to slip by me quite easily. Stress....really isn't fun.
    Last edited by Xeim; 02-19-2008 at 09:30 PM.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    Steph is fine, he scratched his first attempt. He went sliding across the floor. So he had to start over, but since one attempt was made he could only do one after that. So he is still following the guidelines. I'm not going to allow him to redo his first flash step, if you fail you fail no redo's.

And you realize that I'm not actually complaining. I am simply making an observation that I noticed and asking how it was going to be handled since it was relevant to my character when I make my future posts. I needed to be clear on how things were going to be handled so that I would not be going against what plans you had. Because at least to me I was figuring that I would need to make Steph vacate the academy for a while and I would have done that unless I asked. It was a necessary question. I simply explained the logic that I was working with in the situation.

Would you have preferred me just having made Steph leave without even telling you?

Whoah, whoah! Don't get all worked up on me. I've just explained that things are sliding past me. Forgive me for misunderstanding. o_O

Well, I'm not changing my methods. We have another character vacating the academy pretty quickly (if she ever posts. -_-), and doing that shouldn't cause to much confusion. Just leave, and someone else will take your room. You'll get a new one when you get back. Simple as that. Works kinda like a hotel (I guess). Though, for storyline sake, no one has to take over your room. It isn't too much of a stretch to say it wasn't needed.

Sorry I didn't really get you answering the root of your 'observations' right away. I didn't quite see the question, in the midst of everything. I'm really not operating at 100%, and won't be for a few months. Bear with me.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Blog Entries
    Uh...I was actually quite calm. Text just does not really convey actual emotions.

So I just rejoin Kagashi and company in the room a year later. I'll have Steph hang out in the first district of Rukon. I'm planning on Kagashi making trips out to see him once and a while. I'll have to figure out what changes I'll make to Steph if any in that gap of a year.

So after we take all the test whats after that im still a little lost. Is this RP like some sort of arc. Like Training Academy Arc and when were all done with that we'll be Soul Reapers but that will be a diffrent RP seperate from Memories of a Shinigami??

Im still a little lost.

Blog Entries
    ...No... After we're done with these tests, we go to actual classes...
    And when we graduate from the academy.. is when the real stuff begins.

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n Memories of a Shinigami (Invite Only): OOC FF Ace Cid's Avatar
    Thank you Xiem, I will take the kidou part out, and I will begin reading up on the RPs, especially Sin's.

Just glad to be a part of it.

I'm with Oath with being a lil confused. So let me get this straight: After these tests, we take MORE classes and then MORE tests and THEN we get to the real stuff? And this has to spand the rest of the year?

Well, enough with that. I just might have my next post in by either tonight or tomorrow around noon. Question: I'll be putting the rest of my tests in my next post, am I the first one to get to the Zanpakuto and History of Soul Society tests?

Blog Entries
    Not a year in real world time, folks. A year in RP time.

Yes. After these tests, we take REAL classes (remember, these classes/tests are screening classes/tests, not the real ones.), and REAL tests. and then we time skip and graduate. only steph is left behind for however long.

Oh... I understand now. Thanks for clearing it up, Toph.

Edit as of 2/21: I added my next post. There was a change of plans so I only posted half of what I orignally planned. I began my first post at like 10:00 a.m. but my computer froze so it got lost. Well, hopefully this post will get my character more socially involved with the other characters, even just a little bit.
    Last edited by Evangel; 02-21-2008 at 02:38 PM.

I still need to start a friendship or a rivalry or something with someone else. Cause im kind of getting a little tired of RPing with myself. I feel like a loser. T_T Cause everyone else has all these characters they interact with.

But I still love this RP. I will see it through to the end.

Blog Entries
    Uhm.. I distinctly remember that I had my character Mai tutor you in Kidou, yet when I read your post, it's like you didn't even take that into account. =P

You could interact with Shino, I suppose. I don't mind. Or maybe even Tamashi.

Evan: Andro's done all the tests. So you'll be the second one to the written ad hand to hand tests.

Also, if any of you are confused as to what's going to happen next, don't worry. I plan on posting up all the information you'll need once everyone's finished the tests. I'm not posting it up before then, however, due to what happened to the test information when I did such a thing. Once I've posted up the info, though, it'll also be linked to in the first post.

And, I think its only fair to inform you that I will most likely be unable to log in from the 27th, to the 2nd or 3rd. I'll be on a trip, and I don't know if my hotel has wireless internet (that you don't have to pay for the minute for). So don't expect a post from me before then. I'll be busy on Mon. and Tues. getting ready, so I probably won't have time then either. Sorry for the minor setback. ^^;

Oh, and I'd be glad to interact with anyone's character in hand-to-hand or during one of the breaks. Just say the word. I'm already tied down in the written, though. So nothing there. ^^;;
    Last edited by Xeim; 02-24-2008 at 08:31 PM.

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Ah man. Im sorry Fong I completly forgot about that. Crap well I screwed that one up. But ok yeah if thats ok with you I would love to interact with one of them.

Again sorry i'll be more careful so I don't mess up like that again.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a good idea, avoid the confusion. Sorry I finished before everyone else. I just thought that we would be moving a lot faster with the tests. So I wrote more in one post. Well I'm looking forward to having Kagashi starting classes. It'll be fun doing all those things that Renji did during his time the academy.

When we do I'll need to talk to you more Xeim to know what you want to do with Kagashi and Haruka. I don't know how fast or how far you wanted to go with them. So I'll need to know what sort of pacing to work at.

Evan: If you have your last test as hand to hand, I'd like to write a scene between our characters into it. If you're cool with the idea, let me know within the next week or so. Also, if you have anything you'd like to add into our conversation, you can go ahead and post up ideas or PM them to me.

If you'd rather not interact, that's alright, but I know you were looking for some interaction, and I want something to do in hand to hand besides stand there and zone out. xD

I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I got really sick last week and am still recovering. I've started a post, and I'm part way through the written test. So that makes me about a quarter of the way through the post. Hehe. ^^;;

I also have the information for what's happening next typed up. Once everyone's through test day, I'll be posting that up. I'll take questions about what's happening next after everyone's read the information.

Uhm, that's it I believe? I'll try to log in as often as I can, but as usual, I can't make any promises. xD

My TFF Family
    Jenova33,

Member of FF Cult

Thats cool as long as your still alive im happy. I need to finish the rest of my tests on the Rp as well. I should be able to do it all in one Post.

I just havn't got around to it. But it'll come soon so it's another person out of the way.

Oh, that sounds great. I think it is a good idea. I'll be posting sometime tomorrow (Saturday), promise. I will also be gone next Thursday to Monday. I probably won't be able to get to a computer so, just a heads up.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast