Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interest for a ffviii rp

chocolateer Interest for a ffviii rp 01habbo's Avatar

Interest for a ffviii rp

Hello, I am making this thread to see if anyone out there would be interested in the future in a ffviii rp. I'm making this thread prematurely as at the moment we are not ready to make another rp just yet, but we are interested in hosting one as soon as our current rp on a different forum closes, I'm predicting that it only has a few months to go.

I say we because I create rps jointly with Zera. Who will join the forum as soon as we are ready to go to the next rp.

A little bit about the RP, it will part of a series of rps called Final Fantasy Exigo, Final Fantasy Exigo is a series which incorporates all Final Fantasy games into one timeline but the worlds are all separated. This series started on a different forum but due to it being dead we decided that we want to continue the series here. It's no fun just me and Zera rping lol.

As for this particular RP it will take place after the events of Final Fantasy VIII, you will be roleplaying as your own character, and this RP will be a direct sequel to Final Fantasy Exigo: The Fall of Spira, even though this is a completely different world it will link to this rp in one way or another. You absolutely need no knowledge of this RP though to play as this world will have it's own story, which will be decided by Zera. The Final Fantasy Exigo timeline is Zera's creation I'm just here to simplify his ideas so he doesn't confuse absolutely everyone.

There might also be a battle system put in place, or the battles might just be purely descriptive, we have yet to decide in either case your character will be expected to learn abilities along the way and they will not be allowed to have Ultima from the very start. These powerful abilities will be obtained towards the end of the rp and you will be prompted by either Zera or me when you can learn these.

You don't even need knowledge of ffviii to play, we've played with people before who had no knowledge of the game they were rping in, but it is handy to have that knowledge.

If you are interested in rping in the future with us please reply in this thread XD. I will then relay the interest we got back to Zera and inspire both of us to finish our current rp. Even if there is no interest there will be a sign up thread in the future anyway so no worries on us disappearing. I will be back but if you are curious at anytime on when the rp will be arriving don't hesitate to message me. I lurk the forum a lot XD.

Thank you for taking the time to read. ^_^

The Mad God Interest for a ffviii rp Heartless Angel's Avatar
    You can count on my support.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Memento RK Interest for a ffviii rp Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heya!!

As some of you might know, the link to the RP Ms. Habbo is referring to is in my Signature. I have been a relatively active member of that RP and likely (I like to think so anyway) Inspired this next RP mentioned in the OP. I believe what she means is that this story would link the two, not necessarily combine the two, and would link to the FF timeline in the aspect that all FF world are connected in some way, shape or form.

I am hoping to be a steady member of this RP due to my absolute adoration for FFVIII and all of the aspects behind it. Of course, time restricts my ability to write, but when the time comes for a post, I do end up pulling through somehow. I am looking forward to what this RP will bring to my creative ability, and will hopefully bring some life into this forum's RP section again.

HA, many thanks for your support. I look forward to see what kind of ideas you come up with once this RP starts rolling.

As mentioned, there will be other members joining. Your patience is muchly appreciated. We are hoping to finish The Fall of Spira sooner than later.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

I am quite excited, I love writing for final fantasy and have so much fun doing it. it'll be nice to have an rp in a forum that isn't dead XD. I had wanted to move the series earlier but Zera felt it was too late to move the fall of Spira.

Me and Zera have briefly chucked ideas around for this rp. We have been sitting on the idea for a very long time to have the rp here. I do think though only Zera will be joining the forum for the rp all the others left quite a while ago.

Boxer of the Galaxy Interest for a ffviii rp Rowan's Avatar
    Will there be any ero? Cause i might as well hit 'sub' right now.
    Last edited by Rowan; 11-19-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Our RPs are mainly rated PG, but I might sneak in something special for yah ^_^

EDIT: Come to think of it, I lied. It was rated 18. Mwahaha. Habbo will have to restrain me.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Our RPs are mainly rated PG, but I might sneak in something special for yah ^_^

EDIT: Come to think of it, I lied. It was rated 18. Mwahaha. Habbo will have to restrain me.
    So no ero?

zera isn't even here and there are already requests for ero .

The best i can give you is hot girls fighting monsters.

I don't want to be kicked out before we even start ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by 01habbo View Post
    I don't want to be kicked out before we even start ;_;
    Trust me, ill take care of it. Make this section of the forum private and for members 18+ and they have no reason to close it down.

Blog Entries
    Good point Rowan!!

However for the sake of the story, it might be included, or it might not. We haven't started planning that far yet.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

See i was kinda thinking you plan the story around the ero. Really curious to see the detail in your writings.

Blog Entries
    I do see what you're trying to get at here, but habbo and zera already have a story plan, albeit quite basic at this point. I put my complete trust in the story they have planned, but will also put my own twist to their ideas.

In other words, anything can happen.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

No worries, sounds good!

Looking forward to it. Had a lot of unused ideas for my last FFVIII RP that died off young.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I can see I will need to keep an eye on the RP, otherwise it could quickly turn into something similar to Fifty Shades of Grey. I will restrain all of you if I have to XD.

And that's great that you have unused ideas, mostly me and Zera are used to just leading the story when people have run out of ideas ^_^. I'm even more excited now.
    Last edited by 01habbo; 11-23-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: note to self to do not type when tired i make ridiculous typos

Have your eyes been opened? Interest for a ffviii rp Nehi's Avatar

There might also be a battle system put in place...

your character will be expected to learn abilities along the way and they will not be allowed to have Ultima from the very start. These powerful abilities will be obtained towards the end of the rp and you will be prompted by either Zera or me when you can learn these....

You don't even need knowledge of ffviii to play...
    You had me at Battle system (Even if it's just a possibility)

You can count me in.

Awesome. ^_^

There will probably be a high possibility of one, I wanted the next one to have one since we did description in the previous one. This depends though on Zera not coming up with something overly complicated, like the dice roll system he came up with one time which no one knew how it worked. It will probably in the end fall to me to simplify anything that he comes up with. We will probably go and stay true to ffviii and go with some kind of draw system that works on paper somehow.

But I'll give you guys an insight to the story and what we will focus on. According to Zera's timeline ffvii events are meant to come next but we've jumped to FFVIII for one reason and one reason only. Yoko's character Kyra in the Fall of Spira actually originally comes from the world of FFVIII, she thought she went through time compression and travelled to the past when in reality she not only travelled to the past but jumped worlds.

Kyra will be playing an important part as she will be a main character we will be exploring her origins. My character will be a younger cousin of her deceased girlfriend, who will be part of Seed. These events are part of her past, whether we will see Kyra after the events of the fall of Spira will depend on whether she makes it home at the end of the current RP. Which Kyra Yoko will play will depend on this, and I'm not giving that away just yet. So one part of the story will focus on character, which is dandy and all but there is a bigger story in the works. The bigger story could be including the Deep Sea Research Facility in the game, and this story will take place 10000 years after the Fall of Spira. Apart from that I don't really know that much more about the story at the moment, we will be keeping appearances of characters from the game to a minimum, Squall will not be suddenly joining the team or any other of the characters for that matter, they will be mentioned probably in dialog though. They did save the world after all. Lastly Minerva (did I spell that right?) will be a big focus to this story, according to Zera's Exigo's timeline Minerva is the goddess that created all worlds.

When we are finally ready to make the rp we will make a completely new thread that you can sign up to and check the details to the story. We are currently 7/10 way through our current rp I hope it will only take 3-4 months to complete now. I'm hoping we can start this in March depending on the activity on our current rp.

Thank you for the kind introduction, haboo. *grumbles about my Exigo Systems* It was NOT complicated! ><;;; *ahem* Greetings one and all. I am Zera, though some of you may know me from my fanfiction romps as Zeshin-kun or, most likely, not at all. xD

I've been reading a bit about the RPs that this forum has had and taking a look at rather similar topics here regarding inactivity that we've had in our forum, as well. As such, I believe simplicity will be best and, therefore, I'd rather not have an actual RP system for this first one we hold. *subject to change given enough support, of course* However, a simple draw system should be possible, if only to add an aesthetic to the roleplay.

Just as she's told the lot of you, that RP will be yet another chapter within my Exigo Timeline. What is my Exigo Timeline? xD A bit of background to it, first. *that none of you will care about, but I'm saying it anyway! ^o^* I, as well as, haboo and Rinnie... erm, Yoko, come from a different forum where there were several seasoned RPers. One of them, a bit of a rival of mine, had a successful RP series, which precipitated in his advicing me that I should strive for one of my own. Exigo was the result, though it had humbler beginnings as another RP designed to bridge the gap between the worlds of Final Fantasy VII and X, which as I'm sure you know are confirmed by Square to be part of the same universe. I still think back to it. *sniffle* It was years later that I reviewed this timeline and decided I might as well attempt to unite every Final Fantasy into a single universe, given how many commonalities Square has them share. Thanks to them and a bit of reinterpreting of each game's plot on my end, I was able to create that universe.

Hm, might be a bit too much of a tangent there. The salient part for you is this: The current RP of this timeline is about to end back in our forum and its conclusion will be leading key characters to the world of Final Fantasy VIII after the events of the game, which this upcoming RP will cover. Haboo has already told you this. I am wasting your time. *nods* Why am I doing this then? Well, should that RP be successful here, it is my desire to release the other RPs of this series here, as well. Primarily on my mind is the Exigo sub-chapter that this RP actually follows. Though haboo and Rinn- Yoko *Rinnie, did you have to take Sar Sar's name? ><* are mostly interested in the VIII RP, the backstory that should have preceded it was a VII RP entitled Brave New World, which would have explained how the worlds are connected. Of course, it was itself to have been preceded by a few other RPs to explain how things ever got to that point, but nevermind that for now. ^_^;;; Of course, if I should attempt that particular RP, I may require the cooperation of the board's administrators or moderators. I suppose I'll leave that for after we've gotten this RP started then. x)

However, as I say this, I sense that this forum might need more than a single attractive RP series to bring this section back to life. Hm... *poof gone*

Thank you for the kind introduction, haboo. *grumbles about my Exigo Systems* It was NOT complicated! ><;;; *ahem* Greetings one and all. I am Zera, though some of you may know me from my fanfiction romps as Zeshin-kun or, most likely, not at all. xD

I've been reading a bit about the RPs that this forum has had and taking a look at rather similar topics here regarding inactivity that we've had in our forum, as well. As such, I believe simplicity will be best and, therefore, I'd rather not have an actual RP system for this first one we hold. *subject to change if there's enough interest for one* However, a simple draw system should be possible, if only to add an aesthetic to the roleplay.

Just as she's told the lot of you, that RP will be yet another chapter within my Exigo Timeline. What is my Exigo Timeline? xD A bit of background to it, first. *that none of you will care about, but I'm saying it anyway! ^o^* I, as well as, haboo and Rinnie... erm, Yoko, come from a different forum where there were several seasoned RPers. One of them, a bit of a rival of mine, had a successful RP series, which precipitated in his advicing me that I should strive for one of my own. Exigo was the result, though it had humbler beginnings as another RP designed to bridge the gap between the worlds of Final Fantasy VII and X, which as I'm sure you know are confirmed by Square to be part of the same universe. I still think back to it. *sniffle* It was years later that I reviewed this timeline and decided I might as well attempt to unite every Final Fantasy into a single universe, given how many commonalities Square has them share. Thanks to them and a bit of reinterpreting of each game's plot on my end, I was able to create that universe.

Hm, might be a bit too much of a tangent there. The salient part for you is this: The current RP of this timeline is about to end back in our forum and its conclusion will be leading key characters to the world of Final Fantasy VIII after the events of the game, which this upcoming RP will cover. Haboo has already told you this. I am wasting your time. *nods* Why am I doing this then? Well, should that RP be successful here, it is my desire to release the other RPs of this series here, as well. Primarily on my mind is the Exigo sub-chapter that this RP actually follows. Though haboo and Rinn- Yoko *Rinnie, did you have to take Sar Sar's name? ><* are mostly interested in the VIII RP, the backstory that should have preceded it was a VII RP entitled Brave New World, which would have explained how the worlds are connected. Of course, it was itself to have been preceded by a few other RPs to explain how things ever got to that point, but nevermind that for now. ^_^;;; Of course, if I should attempt that particular RP, I may require the cooperation of the board's administrators or moderators. I suppose I'll leave that for after we've gotten this RP started then. x)

However, as I say this, I sense that this forum might need more than a single attractive RP series to bring this section back to life. Hm... *poof gone*

Zera it would have to be simple anything complicated from you confuses everyone XD.

We should probably start planning the story to the rp XD it won't be long til fall of spira finishes now, and yeah the rp section is dead but considering the forum itself isn't I don't seeing it being much of a problem as long as we are passionate about this rp.

Though I normally lurk now, you can count on daily participation from me.

Zera it would have to be simple anything complicated from you confuses everyone XD.

We should probably start planning the story to the rp XD it won't be long til fall of spira finishes now, and yeah the rp section is dead but considering the forum itself isn't I don't seeing it being much of a problem as long as we are passionate about this rp.
    Not too sure about that. You or Rinnie/Yoko still needs to post so we can reach Cloister 88 and, even after that, we've still the final Open Arc before we reach the Final Boss. =p I've actually got a general idea for the RP's plot, but I'm not sure you or Rinnie will like it. ^_^;;; I'm not even sure a part of me would appreciate it considering how I've sided with Nemmie in the past about it. xD Though, I suppose given Douggles debate with me having been the inspiration for Exigo, another part of me can pretend it is a show of thanks to him. *sees everyone staring blankly* Yea, not important. x3

*punts haboo to Exigo* Post NAOOO!!!111one

Have your eyes been opened? Interest for a ffviii rp Nehi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerathos986 View Post
    Not too sure about that. You or Rinnie/Yoko still needs to post so we can reach Cloister 88 and, even after that, we've still the final Open Arc before we reach the Final Boss. =p I've actually got a general idea for the RP's plot, but I'm not sure you or Rinnie will like it. ^_^;;; I'm not even sure a part of me would appreciate it considering how I've sided with Nemmie in the past about it. xD Though, I suppose given Douggles debate with me having been the inspiration for Exigo, another part of me can pretend it is a show of thanks to him. *sees everyone staring blankly* Yea, not important. x3

*punts haboo to Exigo* Post NAOOO!!!111one
    And so I patiently wait for more months to come. =3

We are getting there, we are in the last stages of the current rp we're up to cloister 90 out of 100. We're just wrapping up our characters' stories before they go back into the Via Infinito in the current rp. Maybe a couple of months max.

I've probably jinxed it now and it will take 6 months just to spite me lol.

I've probably jinxed it now and it will take 6 months just to spite me lol.
    it will take 6 months just to spite me lol.
    6 months
    Well, four months so far. =p We're still not back down the pit.

I'm pondering if we could get this one started before we actually end the previous RP. I'm not sure if anyone here has been reading the old RP, but if they were, it might be an interesting idea to have them RPing around characters like Nikki and Kyra from that RP before they even know where those characters are in development, how their previous journey turned out. x)

LOL I don't have time to juggle two RPs, I'd rather finish the current one ASAP

I was thinking about that. It seems part of the reason RPs aren't doing too well on this forum. Hm... *goes off to contemplate* I've posted, by the way. Mishka and Cyan are ready to return, whenever Nikki is ready. I suppose she'll be meaning to wash and change her clothes after the bloodbath, I mean, visit with Sanika. ^_^;;;

Blog Entries
    Guess whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttttt?

I'm working on my opening post!! Also, you should expect a character sign up for this rp as well.

I've had a little more free time as of late, and Kyra's role in The Fall of Spira has officially ended.

I have so much excitement for this RP. I'll poke Zera and Habs to get a character signup started in the meanwhile.

Is everyone that said they were interested still interested, please let us know!!
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

^Most likely we'll do that when the current rp has ended, we don't want to start something when we are currently engaged in the current RP. When we do put out a sign up thread we both want to be free to write the rp so we can start right away.

We're very nearly at the six month point and still there's ten cloisters to go. Has anyone here been keeping up with that RP? The link to it is in my sig. We shouldn't be much longer. I only need haboo to get the next post out since it's mostly about her characters. Soon after that, death and mayhem! <3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast