Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVIII-The Second War

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! FFVIII-The Second War Magi of Worlds's Avatar

FFVIII-The Second War

This RP is 25 years after the ending of Final Fantasy 8. Quistis is now the headmaster of Galbadia Garden and Squall the headmaster of Balamb. Selphie and Irvine moved back to Trabia Garden, while Zell remained as an Instructor at Balamb Garden with Squall. Rinoah is now Esthar's Sorceress and no one has heard from Seifer and his lackeys in years. Laguna is Galbadia's president and Kiros is his bodyguard. Ward lives in Winhill.

Unknown to anybody else, a new evil Sorceress has sprung up and taken control of Esthar and hidden Rinoah. She is making an alliance with Galbadian generals to overthrow Laguna. Her ultimate plan is to wipe out all Garden's and SeeD's. The Second War is coming!

If you want to join then here is the templete:

Name:
    Weapon:
    Job:
    Appearance:
    Biography:
    Attitude:

Here's mine for example:

Name: Arc Noman
    Sex: Male
    Weapon: Springfield bolt-action sniper rifle
    Job: SeeD Merc and Balamb Garden Instructor
    GF: None
    Appearance: Standing at 6' tall, Arc is very lean and slightly muscular. His eyes are crystal blue and very peircing. He has black hair that is ied into a ponytail. He wears his SeeD outfit with a black trenchcoat over it. He wears glasses similar to Vash the Stampede's from Trigun. He carries his rifle on a sling on his back.
    Bio: Arc was raised in Balamb and moved into the Garden as early as possible. From an early age he showed great talent and skill with all weapons and magic. He eventually chose the sniper rifle as his weapon of choice. He became an Instructor at the age of 18 and works closely with Headmaster Squall.
    Attitude: Arc is very laid back and cool. He is calm and collected and only speaks when he feels it is necessary. He shows a wiseness beyond his years. He is labeled as the "Cool Guy" by everyone.

Come one come all and join the show!

I notice that after a few days no one has joined yet. I will leave this OOC up until next weekend and if by then no people have signed up, then I give up!
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 12-12-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Registered User FFVIII-The Second War HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don'g give in quite yet. I've seen this awhile ago but didn't have time to post but im in now!

Name: Sion Walker
    Weapon: Dual wield Smith & Wesson .44 Revolvers
    Job: Seed Mercenary
    GF: Tonberry
    Appearance: Standing at roughly 5' 11', Sion is not very big or muscular he almost seems sickly thin. Sion has sholder length golden brown hair that is not tied and just hangs freely. He has blue eyes and has a calmed expresion on his face at most times. He wheres a black Seed uniform and wheres large steel toed boots. He carries one of his guns on a belt holster and the other is in the jacket of his uniform.
    Biography: Sion come from a family that was born and raised in Trabia. His family possess a secret power that no one can explain wherin they go unconciencios and summon Ghost-like clones of themselves. Sion entered the Seed akademy in Tribadia because he though it would be a good way to support his homeland and to fight to protect those he loves. He is compasionate and sometimes alittle cowardly but he will do what he must to complete his missions.
    Attitude: To most, Sion seems like he is afraid of people and doesn't have many possitive things to say. Although he is pesimistic in nature he also can be hopefull. He is an outcast in his school and is not socially accepted by his peers. His only real friend is his mentor and instructor Irvine.

(One Thing I wanted to know, could I make my own GF? I wanted to use my Limit break that I mentioned in my bio for my GF.)
    Last edited by HUNK; 12-16-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Death Before Dishonor FFVIII-The Second War Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hellz yes I will have to join this...

Name: Ethan Frost
    Weapon: 12 gauge shotgun
    Job: SeeD Mercenary
    GF: Diablo
    Appearance: He stand around 6' 1' even. He is not muscular by any means, but is very toned and defined. Ethan has long black hair that is usually tied so it does not interfere with battle. His attire consist of blue jean pant's, and a skin tight black shirt. He wears large combat boots with a steel plate on the tip. He can frequently be seen very a large black overcoat. His shotgun has a strap that Ethan throws over his back.
    Biography: Ethan was raised in Tribadia, but was relocated at the age of 13 to Balamb. His skills were quickly noticed by the higher ups at Balamb. He was trained in multiple styles of combat, he soon choose the shotgun as his weapons. His skills with magic are limited but he makes up for it by being better than every opponent in weapon combat.
    Attitude: Ethan is outgoing individual who is loved and revered by not only his peers, but also his instructors. Ethan is close friends with Headmaster Squall, and Squall's right hand Arc.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! FFVIII-The Second War Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! -Gets up and does a little dance.- You are both in for sure!!! And yes you may create your own GF if you want H.U.N.K.. -As a side note, I think you both mean Trabia Garden. Am I right?

I just need 3 or so more people to sign up now!
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 12-15-2009 at 05:50 AM.

Registered User FFVIII-The Second War HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uh yeah, I did mean Trabia Garden. (I'll edit after this post.)

As for my GF. What my charecter will do is pass out almost like Squall when they go to the "Dream world". It will be similar but I think to add epicness, I shall make this an uncontrolable power...mabey.

For now if my charecter faints, you'll konw what it means.
    Attacks(If too powerfull just tell me)

Holy Beam: A small energy ball forms in front of Sion and explodes and launches in one direction. Up to four of these can form at once.

Holy Explosion: Probably won't even use it unless the enemy is just too many or too powerfull. It is basically a self destruct with holy energy that can only hurt Sion and his enemies. Sion won't die after this but will be pretty useless for fighting afterward. Blast radius is about the size of the crater in Trabia.(Yeah...PWN!)

Side effects:
    Levitate, Sion floats...Not much but I figured it worth mentioning.
    Wall of Light: Same effect as the spell wall. Slight protection from magick and physical attacks.
    Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by HUNK; 12-16-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Yeah I guess those attacks are ok H.U.N.K. Hopefully I can start the RP soon. Could you tell people you know about the RP like Kisuke for me please? It would be both benificial and helpful.

Well its been a while and I still haven't had any new members...

Wow! Its seriously been a while since anyone new has signed up... What a drag! It would really suck if this RP was never started. I'll give it one more week I guess.

Are you having any problems EvT1991?
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-06-2010 at 11:05 AM.

demon slayer FFVIII-The Second War EvT1991's Avatar
    well, here goes nothin (sorry it took so long btw)

Name: John tamyan
    Sex: male
    Weapon: 2 handed sword.. (its actually 2 swords combined, but he doesn't know it yet) (he calls his blade the Ragnarök)
    Job: SeeD cadet
    GF: jumbo cactuar
    Appearance: 5'6',short black haired, prefers loose fitting clothes, and a belt.

Biography: a student of SeeD... John is usually late to important events. He often wonders why he has not been expelled. However, regardless of him being late all the time, he thinks he has what it takes to be the top of the class.

Attitude: a little too cocky for his own good... he often finds himself in trouble because of it.

That'll work for me!
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

alrighty! ( i swear, the lack of backstory imagination is TOTALLY gonna keep me from being a game developer)

ANYWAYS.. when do we start?

Blog Entries
    I don't know if you've noticed Magi, but the RP forums here aren't nearly as active as they used to be. I would start with what you have and if anyone wants to join later let them work their characters into the story.

That said, I haven't actually been in an RP in quite some time. Mind if I join in?

Name: Storm Zephyre
    Sex: Female
    Weapon: Short Swords (Assassin Blades)
    Job: SeeD
    GF: Quezacotl

Appearance: Average height, slender. Short black hair and gray eyes. Her clothing is simple and functional: black shorts and a sleeveless blue shirt. As for jewelery, her ears are triple-pierced with gold hoops, and she wears gold band bangles on her wrists.

Biography: Like far too many others, Storm was orphaned at a young age due to warfare. Unlike many, she adjusted well to her situation. She joined the Garden at a young age and become a full SeeD at 15. Restless and skilled, she rarely stays in one place for any length of time.

Attitude: Storm is friendly, if a bit distant around the Garden. She does have a bit of a temper, but her anger is tightly controlled. Most of the time. On the job she's completely focused and tenacious, thinking only of the mission and the most efficient way to complete it. As such, she has a reputation for being ruthless.

~DragonHeart~

Yes Dragonheart you are welcome and I have already taken those words in mind. Post when you want and can. Also, can you help me explain to EvT1991 what the OOC thread and Roleplay thread are and their differences? Please and thanks.

I have an announcement to make! I accidentally botched the title... So when making a post in the RP thread look for FFIII-The Second War.
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-06-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

Blog Entries
    It's pretty simple, really.

The thread we're currently posting in is the sign up / OOC (out of character) thread. Character profiles, member hiatus/return notices, and discussions about the RP go here. Keep in mind that all forum rules apply, including those for spamming. Use VMs/PMs for short comments to other RPers.

The RP thread is the one Magi created in the main RP forum. That is where the actual RP posts go. Keep in mind that short posts are not allowed; every post must be at least one paragraph (four sentences) long. It's nothing like those chat RPs; think of it like cooperatively writing a story.

If anyone has any questions about anything pertaining to RPs, feel free to ask me. Most of your questions have probably been answered in one of the stickies in the main RP forum so just check there first.

~DragonHeart~

Thanks DragonHeart! There is no way I would have been able to explain it like that! In other news: we are now just waiting on Kisuke and H.U.N.K. to post. H.U.N.K. hasn't been on since the 29th of December so I don't know when he'll be on again... Oh well! I'm going to check DragonHeart and EvT1991's posts and make another one in the RP.

Blog Entries
    A couple of comments--

Ev, your character is a little old to be a student, and your profile lists you as a SeeD, which means your character has graduated already. Perhaps you meant you are a SeeD cadet? Also, please read posts carefully and make note of things like time. Magi's post begins at dawn and mine occurs at approximately the same time. It's still very early when Storm kills the T-Rexaur. If your character woke up at 3:30 in the afternoon, he would have missed everything that's happened so far. Your character waking up at that time yet arriving at the Training Center to see the rex die is a continuity break.

~DragonHeart~

Yes, I also PM'd him to add a little more content to his post but he isn't on yet. I haven't seen Kisuke on today so he might be a little busy or working. I dunno if he has a job.

BTW, for those of you who have been on and noticed it, Andromeda has fixed the title in the Roleplay thread so its the original title now!
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-07-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    A couple of comments--

Ev, your character is a little old to be a student, and your profile lists you as a SeeD, which means your character has graduated already. Perhaps you meant you are a SeeD cadet? Also, please read posts carefully and make note of things like time. Magi's post begins at dawn and mine occurs at approximately the same time. It's still very early when Storm kills the T-Rexaur. If your character woke up at 3:30 in the afternoon, he would have missed everything that's happened so far. Your character waking up at that time yet arriving at the Training Center to see the rex die is a continuity break.

~DragonHeart~
    sorry, but the whole time bit, i was just going offa your post...

and as for the student bit, idk... but hey, this is my first (ever) rp... ill get the hang of things soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Magi of Worlds View Post
    Yes, I also PM'd him to add a little more content to his post but he isn't on yet. I haven't seen Kisuke on today so he might be a little busy or working. I dunno if he has a job.

BTW, for those of you who have been on and noticed it, Andromeda has fixed the title in the Roleplay thread so its the original title now!
    yes i have a job, and its tiring...

and also the size thing, im sorry about, its just a little hard for me since we just started... like if i write a story, i usually start in the middle or end...

I bet you job is. I'm sorry EvT, I'm not here to boss you around or anything you know? If you want help with character sheets and stuff just ask. Aslo, if you don't know exactly how to RP yet Andromeda does have a couple of threads on it in the Roleplay thread.

Hey EvT, you could also look at DragonHeart's Guide To Good Roleplaying in the RP Forum.
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-07-2010 at 10:17 AM.

you know whats funny? i was just reading one when my gmail notifier said there was a reply here...

Blog Entries
    Which is fine, everyone starts somewhere. However, you can't just work from the last post in the thread. RPs don't work like that. Because we're each playing a different character, events will often be occurring simultaneously across several posts. If you only ever react to the last post made you'll be missing huge chunks of the story.

If you need us to make a timeline to help you keep track of what's going on while you get your bearings, we can do that. You'll still need to read each and every post and take note of the details, though. If you need to reread posts three times and write notes down somewhere to help you remember while you write your post, do so.

Example Timeline:

Day One, Balamb Garden.
    7:00 a.m. Dawn. Class begins for Arc Norman (Magi) in a second floor classroom. T-Rexaur attacks Storm (DragonHeart) in the Training Center.
    7:15 a.m. Arc's class arrives at Training Center. Storm kills T-Rexaur in front of Training Center entrance. John (Ev) arrives late to class in Training Center.
    7:16 a.m. Storm leaves the Training Center.
    7:25 a.m. Arc brings class with John deeper into Training Center after burning the T-Rexaur's body.

As you can see, a timeline would be difficult to maintain for any length of time and would quickly become too large to be practical.

~DragonHeart~
    Last edited by DragonHeart; 01-07-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    Which is fine, everyone starts somewhere. However, you can't just work from the last post in the thread. RPs don't work like that. Because we're each playing a different character, events will often be occurring simultaneously across several posts. If you only ever react to the last post made you'll be missing huge chunks of the story.

If you need us to make a timeline to help you keep track of what's going on while you get your bearings, we can do that. You'll still need to read each and every post and take note of the details, though. If you need to reread posts three times and write notes down somewhere to help you remember while you write your post, do so.

Example Timeline:

Day One, Balamb Garden.
    7:00 a.m. Dawn. Class begins for Arc Norman (Magi) in a second floor classroom. T-Rexaur attacks Storm in the Training Center. (DragonHeart).
    7:15 a.m. Arc's class arrives at Training Center. Storm kills T-Rexaur in front of Training Center. John (Ev) arrives late to class in Training Center.
    7:16 a.m. Storm leaves the Training Center.
    7:25 a.m. Arc brings class with John deeper into Training Center after burning the T-Rexaur's body.

As you can see, a timeline would be difficult to maintain for any length of time and would quickly become too large to be practical.

~DragonHeart~
    ahhh, k..

right now im reading your guide to good rping

---EDIT---
    I have edited my character sheet.. he now is 18 (i rethought out his age) a (short) bio, and changed his attitude... (he's less mysterious now(i hope))

Alrighty then. It looks ok and better than before!

I think we should wait for DragonHeart and Kisuke to post before we do again Ev. Is that ok with you? Kisuke said he would post later today after he pre-read it and made sure it was free of spam and other messups. DragonHeart will most likely post either later tonight also or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-07-2010 at 03:53 PM.

aight! k-doke! ill use that time to write something, and change it where it needs changed / delete it altogether if the story goes elsewhere... either way its good practice

---EDIT!!!----

edited char sheet a little.. (i hope the weapon is fine with you... if not ill change it back) either way the story wouldnt have changed any...

---ANOTHER EDIT--- (well, more of a lil fun fact)
    the rp (in word, size 10 arial black) is 6 full pages long already...(i put a space in and it goes to page 7) (yes, i'm copying this.. when its all done, ill put it in a .zip, and upload it.. put the download link on here, and you all can download the story, put together... )

I don't mind the switch in swords at all Ev. Also, yes you may post a downloaded link of the RP here if you want.

Blog Entries
    One thing to keep in mind about doing something like that is that you must obtain permission from all the members of the RP first. If someone does not want their posts copied and redistributed elsewhere, you must honor their request. I happen to be one of those people. I'm not trying to be mean or contrary here, I simply don't want my posts to be copied and plastered all over the place, regardless of whether I'm given proper credit or not.

There's also very little reason to do it here since the thread won't simply disappear after the RP is done. If it makes it to any sort of conclusion (I'm not going to pull punches here, most RPs never make it that far), the RP will be archived and likely ported over to the Cleft so that anyone may read through it again at any time. If it ends up being popular, I can see maybe having a comments thread left up or something along those lines.

~DragonHeart~

alright, i wont do it then *deletes file*

---EDIT---

sorry magi, i HAD to post something, i didnt want to let it just die... besides it had been over a full day since the last post... r we still waitin on kisuke?

Death Before Dishonor FFVIII-The Second War Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for not posting sooner I have all types of things going on. I will not be able to post today, so it will have to be tomorrow at the latest. A marine buddy of mine was killed yesterday over in a car crash. It pissed all my buddies off, he goes to Iraq survives all that shit then comes home just to die in a car crash. Well then with that said I will be posting tomorrow....

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

ok, thats totally understandable... jeez, you can take longer than today you know... let yourself heal emotionally first

Sorry I wasn't on during the weekend guys. I was a little busy with stuff around my house and other personal issues that I really don't like to talk about... I'll post later today!
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-11-2010 at 05:33 AM.

no problem magi...

no ones blaming ya for taking time off...

at least they shouldn't

lol jk

Blog Entries
    A quick question, Magi. Who is "ex-general Heartilly"? If you're thinking of Rinoa's father, they don't share the same last name. You want General Caraway. Heartilly was Julia's name.

Also, any thoughts as to which group I'll be leading? It will be relevant to my next post.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast