Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    I see you have slightly figured out the back story on the contractor. I had hoped to keep it a secret for a while but I'll reveal a hint for clarities sake. There is indeed a hidden section from Galbadia I had intended to bring into play. Since I've seen nothing mentioned whatsoever am I safe to assume that the characters who survived until the end of the game are in fact still alive today? I had planned on working an angle from there if appropriate and allowed. No dishonor intended whatsoever even. Also I've edited my bio slightly to show the unknown contractor associated with Galbadia itself instead of the Garden.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

chocolateer Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII 01habbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerathos986 View Post
    However, I noticed Koemi's fondness for my character. ^_~ <3
    Now you see here Zera, there will be no hanky panky between Koemi and Tross. She sees him as a brother only. ^_^

We have had reluctant leaders before, Nicola for example hated being a leader. So it would be amusing to put William Steel in that position, of course Magi's character is also a candidate due to not relying on GFs but William has unique abilities.

I also just like putting characters into awkward situations XD.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    Oh my character's definitely not a leader. He also will be running alongside the party instead of in it so there will be times, probably a lot of them, that no one even hears or sees anything from or of him. He's pretty independent and that's one of the things that has kept him alive this long.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

chocolateer Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII 01habbo's Avatar
    I'm trying to think of how that would work and I do have an idea. Your character could see Squall after the others have left. He would then inform you of the group that is investigating and your character would need to catch up to them. That way you can stay separate from the group. (that is until story events forces him to join the group ^_^)

I was thinking along the same thoughts myself. Maybe even something more slightly twisted. My character does have a penchant for danger as well. He may ignore all information and figure out a way there himself. Honor is great and all, but he still has that slight prankster attitude from childhood going on, its just been repressed since meeting Kiros.

Sounds awesome, either me or Yoko will post next then to get things moving along so that you can post when everyone leaves. Not quite sure when that will be as you may have noticed we like writing long posts

I did notice that lol and the good news is that so do I. EDIT: I've got a post up in the RP btw!
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 02-13-2017 at 02:06 PM.

I see you have slightly figured out the back story on the contractor. I had hoped to keep it a secret for a while but I'll reveal a hint for clarities sake. There is indeed a hidden section from Galbadia I had intended to bring into play. Since I've seen nothing mentioned whatsoever am I safe to assume that the characters who survived until the end of the game are in fact still alive today? I had planned on working an angle from there if appropriate and allowed. No dishonor intended whatsoever even. Also I've edited my bio slightly to show the unknown contractor associated with Galbadia itself instead of the Garden.
    Yes, so long as they survived or are implied to have survived the end of the game, they will be alive in this RP and in their situations as of the ending.

Now you see here Zera, there will be no hanky panky between Koemi and Tross. She sees him as a brother only. ^_^
    *whistles sheepishly*

Oh my character's definitely not a leader. He also will be running alongside the party instead of in it so there will be times, probably a lot of them, that no one even hears or sees anything from or of him. He's pretty independent and that's one of the things that has kept him alive this long.
    A role I've previously had in an old RP. Vazrun, who had started off with the team, was assumed dead and carried on a parallel journey of his own in tangent to the group. Not sure as you and haboo have discussed having Squall include him as part of the group, but it might suit him to be more a lurker, aiding the group every so often given their dependence on the Junction System. Eventually, his presence will become known as Steele will undoubtedly suspect it, but perhaps keeping the Shadow in the shadows might make for a fun string of posts. x)

I just wanted this on record, but haboo, half of the way into reading your post is when I finally noticed that you were using the first person perspective for Nikki. xD Interesting use of your last Fall of Spira post to add to your character's background. I also did appreciate that you've changed everyone else to the NPC colourless speech format since they are basically minor characters, if that, for this one.

You said, in discussion, when you posted it that now Tross was reunited with her, but I might backtrack a bit for my next post. Not sure if I want to start adding too many details yet, but we'll see how far I get.

As for Heartless, I'm definitely seeing the analytical nature of Steele and I feel it would perfectly suit a backup role in the group. I still feel the best option for leader will be Kita, though it is entirely up to the three of you.

Memento RK Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Short post!! This is a rarity, and probably won't happen again. I figured I'd get a post out now because I don't know when I'd be able to over the next few weeks. Busy times.

Looking forward to hashing out Kyra's character a lot more in this RP than in the previous one. ^_^

EDIT: Added a bit more content to the post. It was greatly lacking in a few spots. Should give some insight to why Kyra would be motivated to find a way back to Spira, not only to see Nikki again, but she missed the place in general.

That being said, it also gives insight as to why she accepted this mission. She can't stay in one place for very long, and has a deep desire for adventure. She's also using this mission as an excuse to try to find a way back, but also trying to help Koemi wherever she can.
    Last edited by Yoko; 02-20-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

A question regarding events in the RP. Zera and me have been emailing each other, (mostly me going "Where the heck am I going?") Zera said the following to me.

It seems a strong peeve on this forum in regards to RPs is when their characters are being forced into events they had not planned for. Heartless has
    voiced his disdain for it and Magi's character seems to have a fairly intricate plot
    Now I think this is more to do with god modding than just creators having major events play out as in the past me and Zera played in a RP, where we planned the events in the Via Infinito, we didn't plan everything but we did plan for something major every ten floors and keeping it secret from the rest of the group.

However, as creators of the RP and due to the email I thought it better just to ask.

Would you like major events of the rp to be kept secret, plot points, environmental changes etc...? Your character will no way be controlled by anyone else in how they react,, and you still have full control in how your character reacts to the event. This keeps a certain amount of surprise and suspense in the RP and is rather fun ^_^.

Or would you like to be informed of any major events that are coming up? Therefore being more involved in the planning process of the RP, although being involved means being more confused than you were before, because even I don't know most of Zera's plans XD.

Just want your opinion on this so no one gets the wrong idea ^_^.

Also I've been sick lately so I haven't made much progress on my post . But at least now Zera has given me some direction

The Mad God Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I'm fine with sudden changes, as long as they don't require someone else to assume complex control of my character. My preference is for the leader(s) in an RP to use the omniscient narrative to introduce a plot point a bit before it's flying at my face at mach 5, but I don't need like 20 posts advance warning or to know the end of the story before I write my character sheet or anything like that. As long as I have enough information to make a post, I'm fine. An example that comes to mind, I was in an RP where the leader was writing in the first person limited narrative, so I as a writer couldn't know anything that her character didn't know. If she heard something coming from behind the bushes, I didn't have enough information to write about the sound it was making, what it reminded me of, or to go scout ahead and see what it was, so I'd end up stuck trying to make a full post that amounted to "Yeah, me too." Then when she finally would announce it, it ends up being something that my character, based on his experiences would have recognized immediately, so in addition to having to write a fluff post, I had to make my character seem incompetent. In short, I don't need much warning, as long as you give me enough information to write with when you do introduce something.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Makes sense, I figured the issue was something like that. Don't worry we would never do something like that, we would always introduce the major events in our own post and let you guys react to it with your characters. If we had an idea that related to one of your characters we would always discuss it with you.

For example in the Via Infinito we had an unsent possess one of the characters every 10 floors for a big battle against the group. However we would always contact that one person in advance so they could plan their post and discuss ideas. Any other general events that didn't relate to a singe character we would keep to ourselves, such as the origins of the unsent, a new enemy, finding Rikku, generally making the Via Infinito more sinister as the group moved on, and sending Kyra home early.

I'm in agreement with Heartless on this one. I personally strive for success in the RP world and enjoy a challenge or two. If it's something advanced or extremely difficult to get all in one post though I do prefer to be contacted beforehand and explained the situation to. But hey, it's not as much of a big deal as what Heartless described. I've been in those situations in RPs as well and I really hate it too. Kind of makes you wonder if the person posting even cares that others are supposed to be joining you or not. They just go off in one direction and it seems pretty selfish.

Thank for giving your opinion, at least it's much clearer now, ^_^. I personally love surprising people that I'm role playing with, but will never force your character to do anything, I just like laying out the the ground work. This major event is happening, you can decide how to react to it. We won't ever put in anything that won't make sense or goes off on a tangent

Memento RK Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As a long time victim writer with habs and Zera, I can safely say they have not taken over anyone's character, or thrown them into an unexpected situation without consulting them first. That being said, if you are ever in need of feedback, or are just looking for some input regarding my own character, feel free to send a note. I do have most forms of communication available, but if you're only willing to send PMs via the forum, I can work with that as well. They gave me choices (I chose to send Kyra back early-she might have died otherwise), and gave me the opportunity to create what would happen when my character was possessed by the unsent. It gave an opportunity for character development that I never even knew existed.

My writing style would typically include third person, but I only write Kyra's (as well as Diablos) thoughts as I see fit. As the writer myself, I know more is going on in the story, and how Kyra will react is based on her being kept in the dark until something is said by another character, hopefully keeping it authentic in that sense. If I need an action regarding someone else's movements, I will ask. I do expect the same from others as well. Kyra is also rather observant, so based on body language and facial expressions, she can gauge the situation accordingly. Heartless, I assume Steele is similar to that effect as well.

To answer the question, Kyra is kept on a need to know basis, as that's what I've been used to. As the writer, I like knowing a bit ahead of time as we have been doing lately, but going forward, I don't expect to learn major plot points until I'm allowed to know them ^^. It's for the sake of the story, really.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

The Mad God Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Eh, not so much, lol. Steele has all the emotional awareness of a sack of bricks. He could probably generate half a dozen possible combat scenarios based on how you shift your weight, but you'd have have to tattoo your emotions on your forehead for him to be able to read those.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    Ahaha, noted ^_^; That is why communication is important. I'll definitely have to be sure to consult you before I write any of Steele's reactions.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Sorry for the tardiness and even after you'd all built up so much momentum for the RP, too.

I've posted now. Though I didn't progress the story much further, my post serves to detail the background to it, which will play into future events. Thus far, it will still fall onto the team's side of the story in regards to the major change that's to happen.

There's a bit of foreshadowing in my post, though it shouldn't mean much to any of you yet.

Just to let you know, I'm working on a lost character now, should have a profile up sometime soon...ish.

Edit: Here it is.

Story: Lost
    Name: Lauren Steele, uses the alias "Alara Williams"
    Appearance: Alara is unusually tall at 5'11", and has a mildly athletic build with an hourglass figure, weighing in at roughly 165lbs. She wears her hair to shoulder length, pulled back into a simple ponytail to keep it out of her face. Her typical outfit consists of an unzipped short leather jacket, with a red t shirt underneath, and a pair of leather pants, along with heavy combat boots.
    Weapons: A single prototype lightweight gunblade designed to be used one handed, and a single silenced pistol.
    Junction System: Alara is junctioned to a powerful and dominant GF known as Zodiark. A GF of this level has a profound impact on its user's memory, a reason why few would choose it, yet paradoxically the source of its appeal to Alara. A small stock of Drain spells junctioned to Status-Attack is all the magic she keeps stored.
    Biography: Born Lauren Steele, the younger sister of the until-recently deceased William Steele, Alara grew up in an abusive home. Her mother died when she was only 4 weeks old, and her father blamed her for it. He was regularly physically and verbally abusive to Lauren and her elder brother. By the age of 10, she and her brother had both learned to set bones because of this. When she was 13, her brother had at last turned 18, and could move out on his own. For a few weeks, she was left to suffer her father's abuse alone, but soon after, her newly enlisted brother returned to threaten their father's life if he ever even heard rumors that he'd laid another hand on her. He now had the training and equipment to back those threats up, and for a while, Lauren was at least able to pretend she had a normal life. She did better in school, and had plans to become a doctor. Then one day, news reached her that would change her life forever. Her brother had been seriously injured in combat, and succumbed to his injuries in a hospital. There was no longer anyone to protect her from her father, and very soon after, he returned to his old, cruel ways. Soon after, she turned 18 herself, and resolved to follow her brother's path, and joined SeeD, vowing to one day repay her father for everything. Initially, her father tried to contact her, berating her for betraying the family as her brother had, and only following in his footsteps because she was too stupid to have any goals of her own. She eventually changed her name, having lost the nerve to even go back home and kill him. From that day onward, she was known as Alara Williams, the last name being a tribute to her brother. To her dismay, the new identity, the new distance from her father, and the new knowledge that she now had the power to hurt him did little to help her depression, and for a time she sought solace in drugs, alcohol, and meaningless sex, but this only served to deepen her depression. Then, she found a new answer, a way to hide from her pain forever. Research began to circulate connecting the use of GFs to memory loss. Some studies suggested that using multiple GFs, and more powerful GFs for extended periods amplified this effect. She then junctioned the most powerful GF she could find, hoping that it would slowly replace her unpleasant memories with its own will. To an extent, this worked. The memories were still there, but they felt more distant, like a bad story she'd been told long ago, rather than events she had actually lived through, and for a time, she was content with this. Her life was again turned upside down one day when her brother came shambling out of the elevator in the main lobby of the Garden, back from the dead. Partly due to the fact that she was now nearly a decade older, and her brother's own memory loss, William didn't recognize her, yet recognized that there was some connection between them. Preferring not to reconnect with her old life, she chose not to tell him the truth of their relation, and instead implied that they had been squadmates. Not long after their reunion, Alara was dispatched on a rescue mission to locate and recover several SeeDs listed as Missing in Action, this was, of course, prior to reports of mysterious lights shutting down GFs. She hasn't been heard from since.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 07-15-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Nice I like her ^_^

Sorry I still haven't posted yet, this last month real life stuff happened and it wasn't pretty, I should be able to start writing again next week. ^_^

Looking forward to it.

So... um... yea. *casts a stone* *listens to the empty echoes*

o_O

LOL,

Other stuff happened after I posted that message, but have been giving dialog to Yoko so she can continue ^_^

Edit: I have posted as Nicola, which was difficult to write. Not much has moved on but we now know a bit more background to her first moments to, wherever the heck she is, and more on the Slayer.
    Last edited by 01habbo; 06-13-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the delay everyone. I've been through some things in the last few months.
    This post was a collaboration between HA, habs, and myself. It was fun to write. Hopefully my next one won't take nearly as long.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

It was really fun to read and nice to read about William Steel, I enjoyed Kyra's friend bounding over, nice description of the light too. ^_^

Literally just noticed Nicola was already using the color I had picked for Alara, lol. Just changed it, color is #6633ff.

Also, posted.

I've posted! That didn't take long, right guys? *checks date* O_O;;;;;;

I sincerely apologise for the tardiness. Apart from time constraints which I seldom had periods to sit down and even consider this RP, I was struck by writer's block when I did. Given where we'd left off I wasn't quite sure how far I could take any specific post. At first I was trying to make a normal Tross post, but there was a bit more development for it than I'd expected and I wasn't quite sure how far my post could get without impacting the upcoming plot. In keeping with that, I decided to create this Squall post, which was when more writer's block struck me.

However, I've posted for Squall now. He'll remain an NPC, which is why his speech colour has been kept as neutral. I've decided that as we progress through the upcoming plotline, Squall and other NPCs will become useful to the story, to give it another perspective.

Additionally, I would prefer not having unexpected hiatuses like this again. Time is still going to be a negative factor, of course, so in keeping with that, I believe we might change the structure a bit.

What if we played this RP in a more chat-like environment? We keep to our characters, but RP in short bursts, for example a single line of dialogue to respond to previous posts. We can do that in the discussion thread instead of the actual RP. Once we've enough for an actual post, one of us can compile together what we have and post it onto the actual RP in their character's voice. This way there won't be a need for a large committment of time and no need to brainstorm for a full length post on your own.

I'll leave it up to discussion if you'd like to proceed in this way.

That's how I used to do RPs anyway. Not compiling, but short burst reaction type writing rather than long posts. Works for me.

The problem for me is just I don't have a long online presence at least with long posts I can work on them offline with what little time I have these days.

I tend to do reaction with dialog anyway by messaging others, but now that xmas is over I should have way more time now. My problem isn't really lack of ideas, it's just been a bad year for me, which I have been trying to sort.

It just occured to me that you guys were writing from the limited narrative, so none of the thoughts or anything I'd written had made it into your final posts, lol. So I just went ahead and recapped a bit from Steele's perspective, since his quiet nature doesn't give him much in the way of character development without his thoughts being included.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast