Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII

Memento RK Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm still here. I posted last, and haven't quite decided whether I should just continue my story. I honestly might have waited too long to talk about it with anyone because my free time is about to get eaten entirely. My life has been overrun with Spiderwolves and it's been causing a lot of stress. ^_^
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

The Mad God Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Fun.

I haven't posted for a while, but I hadn't planned on any meaningful character development this early on. I was planning on developing the character through interactions with you guys.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

As I'd mentioned, I'd hoped for the two of you, Yoko and Angel, to progress this RP for now as haboo and I complete the other RP, which is what I've been doing. I've just posted there with my final Paine post and our group is on the final cloister so the RP shouldn't go for much longer if we can move through the final battles. However, now that I've gotten that post done, I can see about getting another Tross post up for this RP.

About a month late, but I've got that Tross post up. =p I can't get into any specifics on my end yet as it ties into deeper aspects of the RP, which isn't ready to be revealed as yet.

chocolateer Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII 01habbo's Avatar
    OMG Fall of Spira is finally done, I know I said I should have posted for Koemi here, but since a character from Fall of Spira was coming from there to here I really felt that I had to finish her story, which was really hard cause I had no time. Being an adult sucks. Zera has like one post to wrap up the whole thing there I believe. (This is why you don't take on two RPs at the same time)

So yeah Nicola will be finally get her character sheet here, should have a little bit more time now due to it being after Christmas, after I got her character sheet done I'll post for Koemi again ^_^

The Mad God Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Cool. Looking forward to this getting moving again. I really had no plans to do much character development prior to encountering others, so I've just been kinda sitting on my hands, lol.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

chocolateer Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII 01habbo's Avatar
    Story: The Lost

Name: Nicola also previously known as Nikki.

Colour: Code is 9932CC

Appearance: Shoulder length blonde hair pulled into a high ponytail, blue eyes, and rounded face. She wears long white gloves, a black and white striped t-shirt with a black hoodie, a knee length white skirt and brown boots. A brown pouch is strapped to her left leg and a bandage is wrapped around her left lower arm.

Weapon and armor: Bow over her right shoulders and arrows on her back in a brown case, she hides a small knife in her boot.
    Junction System: Shiva, Haste, Blizzard, Protect and Poison

Biography: Originally born in the world of Spira she grew up in the city of Bevelle. She was born into an extremely wealthy family, with a younger sister Emika. Her and her sister were extremely close due to them not seeing their parents that much, and being left alone in the huge house with only the maid to keep them company. Nicola had dreams of looking after Chocobos when she grew up, whereas her father has wanted her to become a Guardian of a Summoner, as he worked at the temple.

When Nicola was five, Sin attacked Bevelle she lost her family that day along with her younger sister, now an orphan the temple took her under their care, which is when she met Kyley; a woman who worked for them temple and the other orphans. Along the way a young Psychic Sanika had wiped her memories of her family by accident in an attempt to help her, and therefore forgot who she was, she would then adopt the name Nikki as her own.

When Nikki was a teenager she was kidnapped by a gang, was raped and tortured to their way of thinking, with a twisted version of Yevon’s teachings. It wouldn’t be until she saw one of the children she once knew get involved, that she escaped years later back to Kyley and the other children.

A year ago and a few weeks ago Nikki took on a fatal mission. It started out quite simple Rikku, Lady Yuna’s Guardian had gone down into the Via Infinito in order to find Trema’s lost Spheres in order to help Shinra, however she hadn’t been seen for a while so her mission with the others, Kyra, Joseph, Val, Gideon, Mishka, Cyan, Yuubou, Yuki, was to find Rikku and bring her back. However, things went terribly wrong, in the process the balance between the Farplane and Via Infinito had shifted, the Via Infinito grew stronger while the Farplane grew weaker. Nikki discovered her lost memories but also that her younger sister had ended up as a lost unsent in the Via Infinito, and had become a puppet of the Via Infinito. They first lost Yuki and Yuubou, they died rescuing the group by sacrificing themselves. Then Kyra she was transported back to her world by the Psychic Sanika. Then Paine, then Mishka who turned into the Slayer, the list went on. But ultimately Nikki failed and with her dying breath she wished for the safety of those she loved, she was so glad that Kyra was safe.

However, she did not die. Emika who had now become Minerva through absorbing both the Farplane and Via Infinto became a goddess and transported her sister through time and space to where she would get help.

Nikki woke up in a wasteland only to meet two people called Tross and Koemi who had saved her from death. She travelled with them for a while, but realised there was another presence inside of her. The Guardian Force Shiva had been junctioned to her.

It wasn’t long before Nikki sneaked off realising that this world could be related to Kyra, she went on a journey to find her without telling the others, not wishing to put them in danger she told them nothing about herself.

Now she has lost hope. She is on the edge of despair and hates the name Nikki, only referring to herself has Nicola she travels alone, she thinks that the wasteland is a fitting place for her failures, she gave up finding Kyra long ago and she only has a Chocobo for company, which she had found a few months ago. She finds herself plagued by nightmares and grief, she lives only to survive, Koemi had found her a few times, but she always pushed her away thinking she would only do more harm than good. She now travels to find a way back home, a very small hope left in her, she battles against her suicidal thoughts.
    Last edited by 01habbo; 01-06-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Memento RK Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Update on life: The spider wolves got bigger and ate 200% of my time and a portion of my sanity. I'm still alive, and my thirst to write has not been quenched in a very very long time. I may require a time travel/microwave contraption and nixie tubes to ensure the variation of events is right and the post would actually stay in my head long enough to write. If that made sense to anyone, congrats. That hardly made sense to me at all. ^_^

In other words, I may start using a sketchy method of time travel to help write and I am hoping to get a post up soon.
    Last edited by Yoko; 01-05-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

I apologise for my god awful unreadable mess of a profile I just reread it just now, can't believe I missed all that, that will teach me to post late at night in a rush. I've edited it now but should be somewhat passable. The bio was much longer than I had wanted it to be, but since she came from another rp and had so much character development, which some of it sounds a little crazy in just a few paragraphs. I think that might be because I tried to sum up years of rping in a few paragraphs, it makes more sense in the actual role play than here.

As for when I will be posting for Nicola, my priority is Koemi at the moment, Nicola is more of a side character so I will be posting more for Koemi than I do for Nicola. So I will be working on Koemi next and then my introduction post for Nicola.

Blog Entries
    Habs has been utilizing her whip to get me to write, so I have a post in the works. It's just coming along slowly due to changing of ideas and lack of time.

In the meanwhile, I have updated Kyra bio slightly to add some details I might have left out previously. Only small changes. I've also added an outfit that I will be introducing shortly.

Also, Yay!! A broken Nicola. ^_^ I'm looking forward to her posts, however few they may be.
    Last edited by Yoko; 01-17-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

So finally moved things along, got to the briefing of the mission at last. Squall asked about the guardian force because he went with her when she disappeared, so it would be much easier to get information from him. Unfortunately the guardian force is not interested in the world and is only interested in the well being of Koemi. He feel he has to remember it all herself so won't help in any way. Sucks to be you Koemi. XD

I will now start to focus on Nicola's first post, I will post this up after someone else has posted, thanks for all the dialog. ^_^

Short post, so you can continue.

You don't have to do short post on my account, just because I would post after someone else has, doesn't mean I have it ready. It'll take me a while since it's Nicola's first post and I have to go to a dark place with her. ^_^

*decides to completely ignore that this subject has long passed and everyone has already moved on to continuing this RP because I wanted to post the following*

Quote Originally Posted by 01habbo View Post
    Zera has like one post to wrap up the whole thing there I believe. (This is why you don't take on two RPs at the same time)
    And now that post is up. The old RP is completely wrapped up after eight years! And now we're on a RP based on FFVIII! Half-life 3 confirmed! At least, I believe that's the meme that goes along with it. x)

I wouldn't say it is impossible to take on more than one RP at a time, but several factors made undertaking both of these RPs a bit more difficult. We were, after all, finishing a very intricate RP and wanted those final posts to be good, which required more time allotted to them than usual. This addition of time worked against our age as we're no longer young enough to idle for days on the internet. Furthermore, unlike before, the RP arena is not what it was and, not only were haboo and I the only ones remaining to finish the old RP, there are only four of us to progress this one. Compare that to the eight we had at the start of that RP. Wait, eight? Half-lif- but I digress. ^_^

Fortunately, this RP is new and has a ways to go before our posts are so entwined in previous story arcs that they require extended attention to details.

Is Magi of Worlds still around? I feel his burst of activity in November was a wasted opportunity for us as he'd wanted to help the Spotlight Theatre, as well.

*has not had a chance to read the new post or Nikki's updated character biography yet ^.^;;*

Four is enough, at least it isn't just you and me again Zera. I would love more to join naturally perhaps we can make the RP always open to join incase others are interested.

And yeah I'm determined this RP will not take 8 years to complete, and Zera make sure you double check dialog with others when you get that far this forum has stricter rules, please don't get us kicked out.

Blog Entries
    I hath posted!

Just a reminder, Kyra's last name does not have an E.. Just Odinhart. I specifically made it without an E due to a very personal vendetta against them. I hope you understand ^^;

I don't know which route we plan on taking, and which town to go through first, etc. Do we want a plan?
    Last edited by Yoko; 02-05-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

I think it's more Balamb first and we'll go from there until we get to Trabia, not really sure on the whole plan this is more Zera's baby than mine, I had more ideas in the Spira RP. I have been emailing Zera though discussing ideas. I can't even remember the layout of ffviii's map, might need to take a look.

Nicola's post will move things along more on the other side so things should start to move there

Don't worry too much about our rules. Our RP section is dead enough, that if nobody is complaining, it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 01habbo View Post
    I think it's more Balamb first and we'll go from there until we get to Trabia, not really sure on the whole plan this is more Zera's baby than mine, I had more ideas in the Spira RP. I have been emailing Zera though discussing ideas. I can't even remember the layout of ffviii's map, might need to take a look.

Nicola's post will move things along more on the other side so things should start to move there
    Keep in mind that Trabia Garden is still under construction with the original having been destroyed during the game. The ruins of the old garden have been cleared.

Apart from the main plot of this RP, I feel the details of its story can be more character driven as I've been experimenting with on this forum. There seems to be a fear of an RP failing without proper leadership and I hope to disprove that by allowing each RPer to set their own course within a given RP to expand on its overall story. The outline of this RP should have all the important points I'd want you to keep in mind as you post and I will add to them as needed, but the rest should safely be on you until we reach the next main plot point, which I'll be sure to announce.

Map:
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/26/FF8_zones-english.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080211105450
    The picture's a bit too big to post using their image uploading tool. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Don't worry too much about our rules. Our RP section is dead enough, that if nobody is complaining, it shouldn't be an issue.
    xD We'll still abide by them as best we can. If a specific rule might be discovered as something that has hindered RPing in the past, perhaps we'll try to amend it in the hope that it might revitalise this space. Hopefully, that won't be a common occurrence. =p

... So in summary you are leading right? So we are not all running around like headless chickens.

Yes I do know about Trabia, I did remember that much, it's more of the lights outside where Trabia was.

Blog Entries
    If you let Kyra lead, she will lead everyone astray. All she wants is to research how to get back to Spira ^_^

This is sort of why I asked which direction we'd like to go. If our mission is to go toward the north near Trabia, the towns are sort of in the opposite direction. Not to say there isn't a benefit to visiting towns...as there would be. Just curious to know if anyone else has input.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

I vote Mr Steel as leader, Heartless Angel can decide then

He'll be the worst leader ever. Could be amusing. His first act as leader would probably be to make someone else decide so he doesn't have to.

I have done a post for Nicola, she's pretty much in a mess.

Her dream was her final moments from the last RP in Spira, which will be a big thing she will have to get over in this RP. Looking forward to roleplaying as her again, I may have broken her though.

Anyway Tross has caught up to her, or maybe she was just walking around in circles. Looking forward to seeing how Zera plays this out.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    At the invitation of both Zera and Heartless I will apply to this RP as well! :-)

Story: Elite SeeD, although he is technically a Bounty Hunter for Galbadia Garden's Headmaster before it was abandoned.
    Name: Arc Masters aka The Shadow
    Age: Appears to be roughly 23 but is actually 35, this is a weapon he uses.
    Appearance: His clothes are the traditional ninja gear of ancient Japan, in black of course and minus the mask. His physical features are as follows though. Arc stands roughly 6' 7" tall and is very skinny but muscular. His hair is jet black and hangs down to the middle of Arc's back unless its put up in a bun or ponytail. Most of the time it is in a ponytail. Old scars cover his entire body including one diagonally over his right eye. His eyes are a piercing green and his skin is rather pale. The only physical oddity about him is an extra digit on his left hand.
    Weapons: A Wakizashi with a green and gold hilt along with a dozen kunai and stars in a black pouch on his belt.
    Junction: Arc doesn't trust magic or GF's above his own abilities so he has neither. Simply trusting in his own skills and abilities.
    Biography: Growing up without parents Arc doesn't have much of a memory for anything before the age of 7. This however, didn't stop him from traveling the world. He visited every major city and stole for his meals. He used to play mean tricks on everyone to boot and got kicked out of everywhere he went within a day or two. This all stopped when he met Kiros Seagill, who taught him the ways of the blade, honesty, integrity and a healthy dose of respect and courage. After parting ways at the age of 21, Arc became a professional bounty hunter who worked for the good of the land. He has a strict code of honor he works by and has been hired by many wealthy people before because of this. His last contract was by an unknown entity associated with Galbadia that shall remain nameless for now. The contract itself was to try to figure out these anomalies any way he could and to report back. Arc was told that Headmaster Squall of Balamb Garden may know more as well as the folks still around Trabia Garden.
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-28-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

Awesome welcome to the RP.

This fits nicely since the characters haven't technically left the headmaster's office yet, so post whenever you are ready. Feel free to message me if you need any dialog.

Correction: Didn't read that Heartless Angel had posted, so only most of the characters are still in the office.
    Last edited by 01habbo; 02-11-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard!!

Let us know which colour you'd like to use for your character dialogue.

Feel free to contact me if you need anything from Kyra as well. ^_^

Looking forward to writing with you!
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Welcome aboard!!

Let us know which colour you'd like to use for your character dialogue.

Feel free to contact me if you need anything from Kyra as well. ^_^

Looking forward to writing with you!
    Oh yeah! I forgot about the colours!

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo - Brave New World VIII Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    Ah, yes about the colors... As Heartless said earlier, they do tend to show up rather -ahem- uniquely on our background depending on which one you use. I've always been a TFF Dark kind of person simply because all posts stand out much better that way. As of now I've also never used any type of coloring in my RP's. This would be something rather new to get into for me. I suppose this green, also known as 0800 will work for me, if I get the hang of using it anyway.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

... So in summary you are leading right? So we are not all running around like headless chickens.

Yes I do know about Trabia, I did remember that much, it's more of the lights outside where Trabia was.
    My RPing experiment in this forum is to not lead and have the RP be RPer driven so no. Apart from that, my only character is not in any position to join your group's mission. xD However, I noticed Koemi's fondness for my character. ^_~ <3

I would also suggest that if none of your characters are likely to lead, perhaps the NPC you've brought along could. There seems to be little background to his character and, at the very least, Steele seems to be interested in learning more about him. Allowing him to lead the group for the time being should aid in both solving your problem of having a designated leader, as well as, expanding on Steele's analytical characteristic.

*notes I haven't read the latest posts xD*

Ah, yes about the colors... As Heartless said earlier, they do tend to show up rather -ahem- uniquely on our background depending on which one you use. I've always been a TFF Dark kind of person simply because all posts stand out much better that way. As of now I've also never used any type of coloring in my RP's. This would be something rather new to get into for me. I suppose this green, also known as 0800 will work for me, if I get the hang of using it anyway.
    Welcome and thank you for taking part in our RP!

I'm also a fan of the darker skins. I used it in our older forum so I'm aware of the unique qualities of which you speak. xD However, the reason it had become standard for where the three of us had RPed was to easily distinguish the speaker without needing additional context, which can either become redundant or confusing depending on use. Hopefully, it doesn't pose too much of a bother for you or Heartless.

A note about your character, however, Galbadia is defunct as of the end of Final Fantasy VIII. In this RP, the Galbadia Empire has reformed into a peaceful republic and no longer operates their Garden. As the anomalies occurred some time after the end of the game, there should not have been a contract about them from Galbadia Garden. Of course, you may want to imply a hidden faction within Galbadia's new structure that did not agree with its new direction, but that might contradict Arc's honourable character. Speaking of Arc or The Shadow, he does read similarly to Shadow from Final Fantasy VI. Very interesting and particularly so to me, but I'm not sure if we'll end up covering the why in this RP. x)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast