Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: FFVIII-The Second War

The Mad God FFVIII-The Second War Heartless Angel's Avatar

Re: FFVIII-The Second War

I went ahead and encoumtered you. If you have any complaints about how I did so, I'd be more than willing to edit if you had other plans.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

It's all just a joke FFVIII-The Second War Acheron's Avatar

Everything looks fine except for the Galbadian soldier remarking that she used a GF to get there. All it would have looked like is just a random flash of light; for the soldier to know it was a GF implies a little more than I want known about Quinn right now.

Other than that, everything is perfect!

Well, random light and teleporting indicates magic, which one needs a GF for, so it wouldn't be too hard to determine.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Good point, really not too much of an issue anyways.

I don't like even small issues when RPing. So please, feel free to point out any, and I'd be more than happy to fix em.

Will do, I'll keep that in mind for sure. Do the same for me as well if you feel the need to.

One thing I've noticed that probably is more just your character than a 'problem', you call me (in your thoughts anyways) young when we're the same age lol.

Haha I'm aware of them being the same age, it's not a mistake, but it's more of Quinn's thinking of him. And even if they are the same age and it's not her saying it, they're still pretty young.

That's what I thought, just making sure o.O

Sorry for the delay, I'll have something up later today/tonight. Had a few nasty arrests to deal with over the past few days. Economy goes down, people go crazy.

That sounds like all kinds of fun >.<

Sorry for the delay, was out of town on business.

It looks like I'm getting an overseas transfer, so I might be away for a bit. I will have a post up bu tomorrow night if not sooner, and I'll have more details on my situation as well.

So much for a Summer in Germany! Freezing over here. Anyone in this RP still around? I do realize it's my turn for a post.

I'm still here lol.

Haha still just us two eh? Okay, I'm gonna take some time and whip something up tomorrow. Gotta read back a bit and remember where I was planning to take this.

No problem, waited this long, another day can't hurt lol.

Haha sorry for that. A lot of things happened in a very short time. Got a new job, and then poof, moved to Germany. Not really how I anticipated things to go.

Meh, life would be boring if it always went as planned.

Couldn't agree more. Gotta have a few adventures at least. Okay I'm almost done reviewing my notes and where I was going. I'll have something up shortly.

Registered User FFVIII-The Second War HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey yo, how come I wasn't told we were still doing this?

I'm back to stay so I'll still roleplay. (If it's not too late.)

I think we both figured it was pretty obvious this was going on again. We kept it up for awhile, then I moved and it died down for a bit, now we've picked it back up. Neither myself nor Heartless actually created this RP, so we kinda took a liberty in even starting it back up.

Sorry I've been delayed. I'll be back to post on or around next Monday, the 22nd.

Not a problem, I've been out of town for about a week now anyways lol, just got home today.

EDIT: I came up with the original concept for this character for another RP ages ago, but it never really got off the ground, so I've had this character sitting in a word document doing nothing for ages, never finding an RP I really wanted to run her in, so I made some slight modifications in an attempt to make her fit this one. A bit medieval for FFVIII, but with something that resembles a reason behind it...

Tl;dr introducing a new character

Name: Elena Joy
    Sex: Female
    Weapon: Amaranth, a heavy, solid metal lance reforged from an ancient Blood Lance discovered by Elena during an archaeological dig. It retains its base’s unnatural life absorbing properties. Appropriately named, this lance will in theory prevent its wielder from withering and dying, just as is said of the flower. Though named for a flower, and ornate in design, the weapon carries an unmistakable aura of evil. Because of this, the weapon is an excellent base for Arcana (dark knight techniques). In addition, she carries a slender long sword named Hyacinth, with a purple blade and black hilt. Containing a small amount of the Blood Lance’s metal, it also serves as an effective base for Arcana, but lacks the life absorbing properties and raw power of Amaranth and is generally used only when Amaranth is either unavailable, or impractical.
    Job: Rank A SeeD mercenary and combat instructor. Also works as an archaeologist’s assistant in her spare time.
    GF: Helthest, the reincarnation of the former steed of the fallen GF, Odin. Following the death of its master, Sleipnir’s spirit was reborn as a wild black horse, roaming the world on its eight powerful legs at godlike speeds, bringing ruin to anything in its path. It was later tamed by Elena. When summoned, Helthest allows Elena to ride him, and aids her in unleashing a devastating charging attack at blinding speeds, leaving a wake of destruction behind.
    Appearance: Standing at 5’11, Elena looks like something from an old fairytale. She wears metal armor based on designs she recreated based on archaeological findings of archaic armor, but modified to look much more attractive. She wears a small, black metal helmet, covering only from her nose to the top of her head with thin eye holes, and black dragon wing designs near the ears, held in place by straps hidden by the long blonde hair the helmet was made to allow her to wear down and show off. Her pauldrons are designed to look like the top half of black dragon’s heads, with rubies for eyes. Her body armor isn’t terribly practical, and was obviously designed with appearance as a priority, though she claims it was to reduce her weight and allow her better mobility in combat. Her black gauntlets have spiked knuckles in case she is ever forced to defend herself unarmed, and they only cover the outside of her hands, leaving the insides exposed, save for a leather strap keeping them on. She also wears ornate black metal boots that go up just below the knees black leather boots going a bit higher past them, leaving the rest of her legs bare. A crimson cloth skirt, open in the front hangs from her black metal belt, covering her otherwise exposed legs from the sides and behind, but leaving a little to show in the front.
    Biography: Elena’s parents were killed in an accident when she was only 12, leaving her to fend for herself as well as taking care of her then 4 year old sister, Amy. She first began seriously considering joining SeeD at the recommendation of a store owner who she assisted by chasing a thief away one day. When she could no longer seem to pull together enough money to take care of herself and her sister, the decision seemed to have been made for her, and she enrolled at the Balamb Garden. She quickly graduated and become a full fledged SeeD, quickly gaining high rank, and the ability to take care of herself and Amy with a great deal of time and money left over. Once Amy was old enough, she joined SeeD too, emulating her sister. Once this happened, Elena began trying to enjoy her newfound freedom. She began considering her looks more, as well as developing an interest in ancient history, particularly ancient warfare. She became interested in a few archaic fighting styles, those of the Dragoon and Dark Knight in particular, and reinvented them and later combined them into her own unique style. Her appreciation of combat theory and near obsession with learning new exotic fighting styles quickly earned her a position as Balamb Garden’s chief combat instructor.
    Attitude: She often seems cold and heartless, especially since learning the dark ways of Arcana, but at heart, she’s a good person. She usually appears apathetic, and unfeeling, however quite the opposite is true. She simply hides her emotions well, as she dislikes dealing with them, especially when others can see. Her bottling of her unpleasant emotions occasionally places her in states of severe depression for extended periods, though she’d never admit it or let it show. The exception to this rule is anger. She rarely makes any effort to contain rage, and usually unleashes it on whoever happens to be nearby. She has always felt alone and unwanted which has led her to altering her appearance in an attempt to attract attention from men, as she never got along well with girls her age and always had few if any friends; unfortunately, she scares most men away with her obsession with combat as well as her cold demeanor, only furthering her alienation. The only person she ever really became close to was her now deceased sister. The loss dealt her an emotional blow more severe than anyone could ever know.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 08-24-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Gosh, things never do liven up around here, do they?

Blog Entries
    I didn't even know anyone was still around for this until I saw your post in the new activity stream thing, heh. The RP forums have been dead for a long time now, ever since we lost our original core RPers. That's why it's so hard to keep these things going. I haven't been around too much until recently myself, honestly. But if anyone wants to continue, provided you guys haven't killed off my character or something (), I'll try to work my way up to wherever you guys are now.

I just kinda started wandering around 'looking for you' knowing you weren't here, so obviously I never found you. As far as anything we've written suggests, you're still alive somewhere in the city. I'm currently fleeing the town, but it shouldn't be hard to catch up in any case. I've been eagerly awaiting somebody to continue some RP with.

Blog Entries
    I see. Well, I'll see what I can do to make some time for it, pretty busy right now. Maybe a week, two at the most, when things calm down a bit.

No rush. Good to see I'm not the only one left here.

I'll throw something up in the next few days, hopefully. With any luck, maybe we can get this going for a little while again.

Registered User FFVIII-The Second War Magi Of Worlds(Original)'s Avatar
    Guys I really want to apologize for this. I know it's been over four years since anything has been done and I've been MIA since the beginning or so of 2011 so I feel the need to clear the air here if any of you are still even around. I have literally had no access to a computer since the end of 2011 and just recently got a smartphone to be able to log in. Please forgive me guys for letting this die.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast