Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVIII-The Second War

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! FFVIII-The Second War Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Re: FFVIII-The Second War

I'm so sorry guys that I haven't been on! My grandfather died last monday and I have been really busy with my family. I will try to post as soon as possible! By the way, the idea about an NPC squad sounds fine with me. I will set it up ASAP!
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

It's all just a joke FFVIII-The Second War Acheron's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Magi, I am truly sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need, we'll still be here.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! FFVIII-The Second War Magi of Worlds's Avatar

I'm getting a second laptop hopefully this weekend with a wireless internet hookup. So there is a good chance I will be able to finally get a few posts in. On another note, has any one heard from EvT? It seems that he hasn't posted in a while.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

demon slayer FFVIII-The Second War EvT1991's Avatar

AHEM! sorry, with recent happenings, i havent even had the free time to take a 20 minute shower...(i did however have time for a normal length shower) but now, im under house arrest (have to watch my mom she had back surgery, and my dads at aa rehab) so when im not working or at school, wich i wont work at all this week, i have a little bit of free time. sorry for not coming on at all for that long arse time... heck, before today i was busy writing a 20 page report for english... friggen sucked bawlz

btw, what happened to the rp? its like, gone!

Its been a while since I've had the time to get on the forums and I apologise for that guys. My parents don't approve of it since I have to use their computer. I can't use my laptop because I need an Ethernet Card to access our wireless internet port. It might be a little while longer before I can do anything on my end. Please just be patient with me a little longer!

Good News Everyone!!!

I finally have internet access on my laptop so I can be on whenever I want to be! The first thing I will do is go over the rp and post in there really soon! Thanks for being so patient!
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 05-13-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Blog Entries

So, now that the RP is back to a tenuously active state, have you talked to Ev to see if he's still around? If he isn't we could still keep going but it's going to be a bit difficult with just the two of us, since we'll need a bunch of NPCs as squad-mates. It's not too late for new recruits either, a last minute assignment change could put new RPers in easily enough.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ FFVIII-The Second War Treize's Avatar

If you need more people, I was thinking about joining. I haven't RPed before, but I'm sure I could still be of some use. It looks like the other RP is going to take a while before it even gets started, so I figure I'll be able to do both.

Is there a specific type of character you are looking for that I could build my character around, or should I just build a character that would fit somewhere that makes sense?
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Blog Entries

That's fine, it's Ev's first RP too. If he's still around, that is. If you read through this thread it'll tell you what you need to know. Basically, Magi and I are each leading a PC/NPC squad on a mission. There is a third, all-NPC squad since we don't have enough people to fill all of them. Ev was part of my squad, hopefully he'll come back. I still have room for another, squads are 3-man teams. It's up to you which squad you want to join, though for balance purposes I'd suggest going with Magi's character. That way we each have at least one non-NPC on our team. Again, that's if Ev comes back.

Just keep in mind if you choose to be a SeeD cadet your character has to be 19 or younger. Anyone 20 or older is a SeeD.

Thanks again Treize. You keep coming to my rescue with my RP's! I really appreciate it though. As DragonHeart said, yeah go ahead and make your own character and you can either join the NPC squad or mine. And no, I haven't been able to get ahold of EvT at all DragonHeart. I don't have Yahoo Messenger or AIM on this computer though so I have to hope I catch you guys here.
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 06-02-2010 at 09:01 AM.

The Mad God FFVIII-The Second War Heartless Angel's Avatar

Well, I've never been in an FFVIII spinoff RP before, nobody I've knwon has made one, different is good, count me in.

Name: Dante Valentine
    Sex: Male
    Weapon: Dual blades called Salvation and Damnation. Salvation is distincly angellic in appearance, with a bright blue semi-transprent blade and angel wing designs in the hilt, Damnation is its complete opposite, its blade is pitch black covered in glowing red rune symbols, its hilt is based on the design of demon wings.
    Job: SeeD/ will become Sorceress' Knight
    GF: Zodiac (Ripoff of the summon in 12)
    Appearance: Stands at 6'1", he is muscular and well built, wears a short beard, and has long black hair. He never wears SeeD uniform, not even for formal occasions. He wears a long black overcoat, and black leather pants.
    Biography: He ran away from home at the age of 8, believing himself destined for bigger and better things. He became a SeeD, one of the top of his class. He has since acted as a mercenary for SeeD. He is currently Rank 23, and he is beginning to feel that he is destined for more once again...
    Attitude: His personality changes with situation. When working, he is cold, reserved, and avoids any form of personal relationships with clients or teammates. Off duty, he is warm and friendly, and much more open. He has a bit of a superiority complex. He has grown close to Headmaster Squall, believing himself to be much the same as Squall.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 06-04-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Name: Kyle Bane
    Sex: Male
    Weapon: He has a bow and arrows for long range and a dagger for short range.
    Job: SeeD Cadet
    GF: Leviathan
    Appearance: Kyle has an average height and build. He has short black hair, dark green eyes and fair skin. He is normally wearing dark blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a coat.
    Biography: Kyle was orphaned at a young age and raised in Trabia Garden. He transferred to Balamb Garden to become a part of SeeD at the recommendation of Selphie and Irvine. Kyle was at the top of his class in Trabia and was boastful in the past, but because of a certain experience he is now pretty humble. Kyle is more adept at and prefers magic over physical attacks, but he is proficient with his weapons as well. He is going to participate in the SeeD exam this year in order to finally become a part of SeeD.
    Attitude: Kyle is very hard working and ambitious. He may seem a little cold at first, but he is actually quite friendly. He is usually reserved, but he is not afraid to speak up and share his opinions.

I guess I'll join NPC team if there isn't going to be anyone in it, so that we can advance all of the groups at the same time, unless you want me to be in Magi's team, and Heartless Angel wants to take the third team from Zell. It doesn't really matter that much to me which team I'm in.

Now, I'm not really sure how I should introduce my character. Does anyone have any suggestions? It seems like it would be kind of weird to introduce myself in the middle of the night when everyone's going to sleep to prepare for the next day... Should I just introduce myself to the team leader when I get put onto a team or something?
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

Introductions are always a bit odd after a story has started moving, but this one's just starting, so it shouldn't be too terribly difficult. Especially since everybody's just hanging around Gardens.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Heartless I like your char chart. I can see our character's our going to have some dominance issues seeing a how Arc is already Squall's second in command and is Rinoa and his nephew. Treize I don't mind if you join my squad. Just introduce yourself to the leader.

My character's going to be all about conflict, both internal and external.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 06-05-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Typo driving me insane <.<

I hope no one minds that I advanced the story right up until we are leaving for the field exam. Also, Heartless Angel, are you going to be on one of the teams? I suggested that you could take Zell's team seeing that he's like 20 years older than all the rest of the characters. <_< No one responded to my suggestion, so I just left Zell in. We could always just edit our posts and replace Zell's name with your characters name. Zell hasn't' really done anything yet.

Also, are we going to give names and personalities to the NPCs on each squad or just kind of ignore them? I think it would be kind of cool if we gave them their own personalities and gave them some importance. We probably aren't going to have enough people join us to make it so that we wouldn't need NPCs, so we would just have to develop them ourselves if we wanted to take that route.

I think it might be best if we brainstorm where we're going and get a little more direction, so that we're all on the same page if we want a pretty good coherent story. Otherwise, I guess we could just take it whatever way we want and just build off of each other.
    TFF Family:

Well Treize in answer to what you said to HA, if you have NCP's on your squad then you dictate their actions. Also, I've already chosen Zell to lead the NCP squad.

Also, I already gave each squad a pre-destination. DH is going to the Galbadian Base near Deling City, I'm going to Ex-General Caraway's mansion, while Zell is looking for Kiros and Ward and maybe even Prez Laguna.

First, to clarify, I was speaking to everyone that's part of the RP. Only the first paragraph was directed to Heartless Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Magi of Worlds View Post
    Also, I've already chosen Zell to lead the NCP squad.
    Okay. I was just trying to give Heartless Angel a place in the main scheme of things. He's already a SeeD, so I was suggesting to get rid of an NPC in order to make room for him. Right now he wouldn't fit anywhere with the character he has unless we add a fourth squad later at some point. Zell's also 20 some years older than the rest of the characters, so I figured it would almost be strange for him to be put on this mission in the first place.

Also, I already gave each squad a pre-destination. DH is going to the Galbadian Base near Deling City, I'm going to Ex-General Caraway's mansion, while Zell is looking for Kiros and Ward and maybe even Prez Laguna.
    I know that, but I was just saying that we could discuss with each other what is going to happen at those places. I just thought it would be right if we all had a say in what's going to happen in the story. Also, there isn't even a character in Zell's squad, so who's going to decide that? Also, I would think that there would be some events going on outside of our groups that we might want to mention. For example, something could be going on in Esther, or we could even add in another character from somewhere besides Balamb Garden. I think that could be interesting.

Maybe I'm just saying that it could be more interesting if we thought together about what was going to happen than just having one person guide the story.
    Last edited by Treize; 06-06-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    TFF Family:

I understand what your saying. I'm leaving Zell in charge because I have plans for Heartless Angel I'm going to discuss with him/her.

I do think it would be a good idea for everyone to brainstorm their ideas for the direction the plot can take.

EDIT: Alright, I'm updating the story with my post now. If you wish me not to do this then speak now or forever hold your peace. -Looks around for objections.- I see none so I will start. I just want to let you know Treize before hand that I will be controlling your character a tiny amount here. Tell me if you don't like it and I will fix the post!
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 06-07-2010 at 10:21 AM.

I just requested to join one of the squads for something to do. I'd rather be on a squad with actual people than a bunch of NPCs lol.

EDIT: I'm a dude btw lol.

Blog Entries

The reason why Zell's squad is all NPC is because we didn't have enough people to fill all of them, actually. We did two non-NPC squads because we had more people, but that never panned and we were left with three of us.

I guess since Ev's not here I'll have to take over his character until/if he comes back. Either that or have a last minute reassignment to put an NPC in his place. I haven't read the newest RP posts yet (I check here first) so I don't know if that's already been decided for me, heh.

As far as the story, yes it would be good if we discussed it. We hadn't gotten that far yet so it wasn't much of a concern; once we all get to our destinations and start investigating we can think about what we want to happen. Since it's Magi's RP I imagine he has some ideas we can work from.

~DragonHeart~

I'm back as well, sorry for the time away. Give me today to read over the RP and I'll find a decent spot to jump back into.

Go ahead Acheron. Ok guys, as I'm sure you've noticed I have already put my team's plot twist in. I don't mind if you want to do something similar DragonHeart. I will take over Zell's squad since no one wants to join it to clear the way.

And I've joined your squad DH, so you'e already got a replacement.

I spent nearly two hours on my post tonight, only to have it lost. I'm way too pissed tonight to try and put it back together again. I'll try again tomorrow, sorry for the delay. Quinn's going to meet up with the train, that's really the only plot relevant part of it.

that's happened to me before mate, don't feel bad >.<

If it's a frequent problem, I recommend you start composing your posts in a word document, then just pasting them in. I know i used to accidentally go back to the last page I was on when i hit backspace to delete a letter, losing the psot entirely. Other times I'd get timed out and be directed to a screen telling me I needed to log in to post, which also of course lost the post... quite infuriating at times.

Yeah. Its ok Acheron. I understand, I have that problem every now and then.

Blog Entries
    That's why I never write an RP post (or any long post, really) directly in the post box. I've had the server eat them way too many times.

I know I haven't done a post for this RP in a few days, I shall get to it soon. I've been busy and I wanted to get Sky City up quickly while the interest was still there, so it's going to be my priority for a little while. I will try to get a post in here after I get home from work this afternoon.

~DragonHeart~

Alright. No problems DH! Its all good!

I'm assuming that was meant for the Fire Emblem RP, not this one lol.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was. I could have sworn it was the Fire Emblem OOC I clicked. >>;

My bad. *deletes post*

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast