Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVIII-The Second War

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! FFVIII-The Second War Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    I don't know why I said General Heartilly. I meant Caraway I'll change that now! You will be heading out with EvT and a random Cadet to the Galbadian base near Deling City.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

demon slayer FFVIII-The Second War EvT1991's Avatar
    cool, im going with DH!

this'll be fun!

(whats funny was i was going to try to make a long post and end it with "will you train me, Storm?")

or something close to that...

Blog Entries
    That was partly the point of my last post, I was giving your character an opportunity to ask Storm for advice. Didn't expect her to be ignored. RPs are intended to encourage interaction between characters, after all.

Also, since Kisuke is a SeeD and not a cadet, would it not make more sense to make room for him to take the last squad instead of having it be all NPCs? If he would like to, that is. We're not giving him much of a chance to integrate his character.

I suggest that we pause and let him catch up before departing the Garden on our missions. I will make my post focused on Storm's briefing later tonight when I have enough time, then we should let Kisuke introduce his character. Don't want to get too far ahead of him, here.

~DragonHeart~

oops, sorry i just knew that the controlling of other (used) characters was forbidden, and i didnt know how to put a conversation with you in there, and have a long post....

IM SO CONFUSED

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! FFVIII-The Second War Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    Yeah, I'll allow Kisuke this oppurtunity to introduce his character and get in on a major part of the story. Just let me edit my post to include his character then.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

sweet, so untill then, hang tight? aight!

btw, UPDATE ON CHAR SHEET.. i gave him a last name, wich is a simple play-off of my own last name

(tayman, tamyan)

not creative i know

Blog Entries
    There is a difference between controlling someone else's character and interacting with them. If our characters never directly interact then there's not much point to the RP. If you need to see how it works, try reading some of the other RPs to see the many ways in which you can handle interactions.

Or better yet, try reading some old RPBs. As far as the level of interaction goes, they are much more difficult to pull off well since you have to respond to the other player without crossing the very thin line into godmod territory. The past Tournament of Arms battles (they have their own subforum in the Cleft of Dimension) are a good place to start.

If you're not sure about it, post the part of your post that's giving you trouble in here. You won't be expelled from the RP for trying to learn how they work, after all. If I see something that borders on godmodding, I'll let you know.

~DragonHeart~

Registered User FFVIII-The Second War HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys, I'm dropping in to basically tell you that I probably won't be joining the rp.
    I don't have internet at my house so I just figured I'd give the official word.

umm, has anyone noticed the lack of posts on the rp?

i think we should start it back up before its illegal to post in

Let's let DragonHeart come on and then we'll discuss it with her.

Blog Entries
    It's never "illegal" to post in an RP as long as the members are active. It is considered poor form to necropost an old thread but RPs have slightly different standards. Besides, a week is hardly a long time in forum terms.

I've been busy and waiting for word to see if Kisuke is planning on joining us. If he isn't then I'll go ahead and write my post. I held off to give him an opening for his character but if he doesn't want to participate then it's easy enough to move on without him.

~DragonHeart~

speaking of active... during the week, i wont have time to be on, due to school, and work...

thx for understanding

Re: FFVIII-The Second War

Quote Originally Posted by EvT1991 View Post
    speaking of active... during the week, i wont have time to be on, due to school, and work...

thx for understanding
    sorry for the double post, but the last post was almost a week ago....

i think its safe to say, that kisuke isnt going to be joining us

Yeah, sadly he has been very inactive from the RP. My vote is that we continue on without him... I really wish I didn't have to say that because it really hurts. Oh well... Carry on everyone!

Death Before Dishonor FFVIII-The Second War Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Go ahead and continue without me. My life is kinda weird at the moment, and for the past month almost I have only been able to make time for about ten minutes of TFF a day if that. So go on without me, maybe in the future I will be able to join in one...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

well now... i guess thats your seconded

sorry to see you go kisuke!

better luck next time then, eh?

It's all just a joke FFVIII-The Second War Acheron's Avatar

Magi,

Would you mind if I attempted to join or is your RP already too far along for another character?

trust me, its not to late...

just try to post soon please, and thanks

(the reason i know its not to late is because after all that time, we were waiting on kisuke to continue on through the story, so im sure magi wont care if you join in

Well regardless of if it is too late or not, I'll have something up later tonight and if Magi approves, that works and if not, at least it's something to read anyways

Name: Quinn Lockridge-Price
    Sex: Female
    Weapon: Staff
    Job: SeeD of Galbadia Garden
    GF: Alexander

Appearance: 5'7, average weight and build. A natural redhead, her hair sports a very light orange type color and reaches down to the mid of her back; wears it either curly or straight. Dark green eyes, freckles spattered on her nose and cheeks sparingly. Her outfits vary. What she wears most often consists of a tight fitting black long sleeve top, beige shorts and black boots that end before her knees. No ear piercings or otherwise, no tatoos either. Has scars on both of her shoulder blades, she refuses to talk about them.

Biography: Quinn grew up in Winhill, a place that she still likes to visit as much as possible instead of being in the Garden. Both of her parents died when she was thirteen, killed during a SeeD raid on a Galbadian resistance group meeting place in Deling City; Quinn's parents were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. She has never harbored any ill will towards the Galbadian government but was never too fond of Balamb. She has relatives who live in Esthar but she's never been able to visit them. Over the years, her desire to remain a SeeD has constantly waned. She takes her assignments and fulfills them to the best of her ability, but has made no secret in her desire to find a new cause. One blemish, or at least a source of contention among her peers, is that Quinn has never taken a life. Her dual surnames also provide questions, but she doesn't answer them either.

Attitude: Quinn is sociable towards most people, she has a close group of friends at the Garden but is not the most popular student. Still, her good looks and combat ability get her plenty of attention, most that she does not want.

aight, im looking forward to readin it!

I'm sorry I took so long to get on guys. I had trouble with my hard drive, which ended up crashing two days ago. I will allow you to join Acheron, and I really like your bio. It sounds very interesting. Just post in the RP as soon as possible. We are also waiting on DragonHeart who I believe said she was going to post soon.

oh snap magi, i hope your hard drive wasnt huge! those things are expensive to replace... trust me. i know... ive had to buy 3 of em

Thank you Magi, I'll have something up today after class.

Wow....I knew things had slowed down on these boards quite a bit...but I didn't know it had gotten this bad.

Blog Entries

It's a slow time of year in general, nothing to worry about. Just be patient.

Magi, since Kisuke cannot join after all, perhaps it would be best to have Zell be the third squad leader as originally planned and have that as an all NPC squad so we can focus on the two non-NPC ones, unless Acheron wants to take the third squad. We could turn it into a joint Balamb-Galbadian mission. Either that or have Acheron join one of our squads when/if one or both of us stops at Galbadia Garden.

~DragonHeart~

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as impatient. It's been awhile since I've been here for an RP and the last time I was, it seemed like a new one started up every day. Also, I haven't had as much free time as I do now for a long time, so I need to realize not everyone has as clear of a schedule as I do.

DragonHeart, I'm fine with either of the scenarios you have proposed. Though I do feel just making the third squad an all NPC would be easier, as then we could have our characters close by, instead of spreading them out.

Blog Entries

The RP forum hasn't been like that in a very long time, unfortunately. As you've no doubt noticed, pickings are a bit slim these days. Including this one, I believe there are only two, maybe three RPs that qualify as active.

One of the major stumbling blocks I've noticed in RPs in general is when characters start out too far away from each other and don't join up with anyone for awhile, so you've got several people doing one thing and one or two people off doing something entirely different. Luckily what with the Gardens functioning as bases for all SeeD teams, it's a pretty easy pitfall to avoid while still allowing for character diversity.

~DragonHeart~

I did notice and it's really a shame. Who knows if it will ever get back to the level of activity it used to have, but hopefully some people who were around, will decide to come back in the near future.

Yeah, usually when everyone gets that far spread out things are doomed. Hell, I've been guilty of doing it myself on occasions as well; you just get so wrapped up within your own character and story, then the whole focus on the RP becomes lost. I agree, I don't see that becoming a problem with this RP. Let's hope that both of us are correct, for I'd really like to make this a successful story.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast