Thread: The Fates of Three

The joke is far too true The Fates of Three loner-kid's Avatar

The Fates of Three

As mentioned in the title this will be an RP for three people, if you want to join the RP send me a PM. There is currently 1 open spaces, but I will post if and when it is filled.

The story is set in the world of Sarel. A world of vast grassland, barren wastes, and cities in the sky. But more than anything else it's a world of magic.

The grass land are the home of herds of grazing mamals called Bostrin. They have long furry coats that protect them from the icy winds and their light frame is akin to that of an antelope. There is a lucrative trade in both the sale of their fur for clothing, and their use as a means of cheap transportation between towns and cities.

The cities flotation mechanism was originally designed by an extinct humonoid civilisation that died out during an extreme change in climate which brought pestilence and famine, causing the cities to drop from the sky. Through many years of experimentation 7 of the 8 cities were restored. Being vastly superior to any human settlement they attracted a lot of settlers. Today the cities are thriving metropolises

Its fate relies on the actions of three souls. the seeker, the watcher, and the rouge

The seeker holds the key,
    That searches for redemption,
    And those he could not save,
    The watcher is the lock,
    That fears the coming darkness,
    And has yet to know a simple comfort,
    The rouge is the chains,
    That hold the world together,
    And saves it from destruction,

I'm going to keep the profiles short because they're more of a starting point that the rp'ers will build on

The seeker, a young man whose powers brought destruction to his village. His abilities as the key allow him to open anything that is closed from him: doors, locks, even peoples minds (although the upper limits of his power would not be immediately open to him). He is at heart someone who believes in justice and restitution for ones crimes.

The watcher, a women with two separate existences. One a girl locked away in a high tower, the other a shadowy being that exists a hairs breath from reality shifting in and out at will. The abilities of the lock allow her to close away peoples minds to stop them from committing an act or discussing it

The rouge, a man who steals for the thrill of the chase. The world is a game to him and he always looks for the most amusing or challenging path. The profit that he earns is mostly given away to those who need it as the rouge wants nothing more than clothes and food. His abilities as the chain allow him to restrain and control physical objects

The rouge and the seeker play off against each other. The rouge in particular making sly remarks about the nature of the seekers powers and where they would be most useful

The story is about the seekers quest for a childhood friend, those who created the great cities, and the true nature of the watcher.

The story starts with the seeker's quest to find a friend who was taken in a raid on his village when he was a child. In his travels he meets the rouge who accompanies him despite the seekers protests. Running parallel to this you have the watchers plight in the tower and the untouching existence. The seeker and the rouge manage to obtain information about his old friend and sets off to the city where she is being held. The duo manage to break into her cell only to find that the girl they've been searching for was the watcher and that she hasn't aged since being captured. After fleeing the city the seeker and the rouge quiz the watcher about who it was that had held her prisoner and why she hadn't aged. It is quickly discovered that it was the order of the ecclesiarchy, a powerful religious cult which held ties in high places, that had imprisoned her. The newly formed trio are forced into the wastes while trying to escape their pursuers. While there they seek shelter in the unflyable city, making a startling discovery about the nature of their powers, but more importantly the watcher. The watcher herself is a lock, only able to be opened when her two halves stand together. When she is unlocked it will awaken a goddess. The order of the ecclesiarchy are attempting to completely destroy the chains of the world by awakening a goddess of destruction, to do this they are trying to force the watcher to meet a number of conditions before being unlocked
    Last edited by loner-kid; 08-10-2008 at 04:42 PM.

The order of the ecclesiarchy is a fanatical cult based on the premise of gods being creatable and that they are the chosen few who will make the gods. This makes it a little difficult for them to worship any higher power as strictly speaking their god doesn't exist yet. A small almost crucifix like sword about an inch and a half long is the only mandatory item that members must have at all times, it is burned into the flesh of the inner wrist and cannot be removed. The cult is split into three distinct sections (right now I don't know what I'll call them so simply they're warriors, assassins, and diplomats)

Okay I'm going to do a proper profile for the character I'll be RPing, I've tried to put in extra details that would help the RP

The watcher: Ardelus Coorta / Klyst
    Apperance: Ardelus's appearance is that of a young girl aged about 10 with long raven black hair kept loose, bar two braids starting from her temples that circle round to the back of her head. Her features are predominantly child like with large violet eyes and a small mouth. Klyst appears as a spectral being as dark as midnight. Her form is loosely that of a woman in a long dress, an unearthly beauty. Her entire being is insubstantial, unable to affect the physical world.
    Birthplace: Loreth, a simple whose main income comes from their herds of Bostrin. Aside from their use as transportation the village makes clothing from their fur and hides; milk, cheese, and yogurt; as well as a host of tools and equipment made from bones, tendons, and horns.

Klyst as a being moves separate from any known restraints and shys away from other sentient life, disappearing and only reappearing when whatever distraction there was has gone away. Though she lacks the ability to speak yet still manages to communicate with Ardelus through their linked concious.

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

Is there really no one willing to RP in this? (beside musicmuse) I mean really, anyone's welcome

Hmm... I think the nature of klyst needs fleshing out. To put it simply she is the goddess construct, the body and powers separate from the mind which is locked away inside Ardelus (The lock that seals the goddess's mind also stops her from maturing) Because Klyst lacks the goddesses mind she operate mostly on emotions giving her only a limited understanding of speech (or more specifically the emotions behind it) Her responses are made of long sustained notes with a clear emotional backing

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother