Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Divided: OOC.

Passing fair judgement Divided: OOC. Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Re: Divided: OOC.

Boy, it's temperatures like those that make me glad I live in the north east. I think the highest over here so far has been 95 degrees.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Professional Klutz. Divided: OOC. Hyzenthlay's Avatar

It was like 28c so like 80 or so Fahrenheit. You guys live in hot places though, lol. Loaf, you live in Las Vegas lol. I can't compare Manchester to a desert. Bear in mind that it rains about 80% of the time here. Plus I'm of Scandinavian blood... we like snow. Honestly think Nevada would end me loaf. The sun is a birch on my pale skin. Where you from Lucid?

Yeah, Vicky gives some great feedback. I encourage the rest of you to do the same! If you like something then say so and if you don't then say. R. Kyra was right to ask when she got confused. I guess I just like that you're all showing real interest and giving input. Judge gives some nice comments too. I think you're all doing great.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

This is my sin... Divided: OOC. Lucid's Avatar

I'm living in a valley in the middle of California right now. >_<
    But I'm originally from Virginia where it's nice and green, and has rain and snow. ;o;

I miss green forests and rain!

I originally live in Ohio, but right now I'm stationed in Norfolk, VA.

It's about the same as home. Better than Las Vegas or Charleston, SC for sure! (Las Vegas had higher temps, where Charleston had high humidity).

And good job with the posts so far Judge. Really enjoying what I'm seeing. It seems like our characters will clash however if they ever meet haha!

EDIT. Sorry I don't get to post often in the OOC, I only have afternoons off, and sometimes forget to check the OOC.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

Blog Entries

Eh? I was mentioned, and I'm not sure why :S

Anyway, I will make a post eventually. I got swamped with homework and tests. I do have some ideas to introduce Aden...and some plot development. Nothing I write should clash with the plots you all have.......Great posts. I haven't read the latest ones though :/
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Lady Succubus Divided: OOC. Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"R. Kyra was right to ask when she got confused." When you got confused about Ruin's post, hun.

Do you always skim posts?

The last week has had 90% humidity.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

The Mad God Divided: OOC. Heartless Angel's Avatar

I live in Omaha, where the weather can be 100+ in summer, and below 0 in winter, yet I always live in the same temperature. Air condintioning is my best friend =D

And I know how ya feel with the Scandinavian lineage, same here. I'll stand outside when it's well below freezing in a t-shirt, comfortably. If it gets much above 80 outside, I tire quickly, sweat like a pig, feel like all the life's being sucked out of me, and generally just feel like shit. I don't tan either, I skip straight to red, so the misery can last even longer. God damn the sun and its thermonuclearfusioniness.

Anyhoo, Nyx's entry may be a bit delayed, I find myself incapable of focusing on a post for him long enough to write something coherent and interesting. One's in the works, but it may be a bit... Got plenty of plans for Lex though, so I'll still be active here.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 07-12-2011 at 10:58 AM.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I don't think I've ever sweat in my life, I used to live in Florida and there are some pretty killer temps there.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    "R. Kyra was right to ask when she got confused." When you got confused about Ruin's post, hun.

Do you always skim posts?
    Are you asking if I skim? No. I read everyone's posts at least twice. And I will not post until I actually read everyone's posts, and I will reference what others have said. Hence why I haven't posted yet ^_^ If you're asking if I skim in general, I skim the OOC posts.
    EDIT: I got confused when we could see Roy's thoughts and Ruin's character is Isaac. We shouldn't have been able to see Roy's thoughts. It comes from experience from another RP where we usually try to avoid revealing other's thoughts. It didn't make sense to me...so I drew the conclusion that Isaac could see Roy's thoughts, which is actually rather outlandish....(for lack of a better term) It seemed weird to me. I was just trying to clear that part up. Seeing as that isn't the case, I'm still not sure why Roy's thoughts are there. It seems to fit I suppose.

I am actually going insane with Aerodynamics right now. I will probably get up a post tonight or tomorrow because I need to relieve some pressure. Don't quote me on that because I have a test on Thursday in Stats and I don't understand the equations >.<....That's an update on my life that you probably could have gone without

Heartless, I'm the EXACT same way. I don't sweat badly, but I go straight to red, then back to white. I don't bother with tanning. Plus I went flying yesterday and it was freakin HOT!! It gets hotter when you're a couple thousand miles closer to the sun. And lately my roommate's been turning off the A/C. I hate it when she does that. I hate being too hot when I don't need to be. When the room temp gets above 25 degrees Celsius, I start to complain. I usually like to keep my house as cold as an ice box. I would even go as far as to not turn on the heat in the winter time. My roommate gets pissed Ah well.
    Last edited by Yoko; 07-12-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries

We can see Roy's thoughts, because that's something called "monologue," in writing. The thing you do at the other RP place is just a different style of writing. Showing a character's thoughts is actually a good thing, honestly. It gives the character more depth.

In that other RP, do the characters write in first person, or perhaps third person limited? If so, that is why they avoid showing other characters' thoughts. We write in third person. Omniscient Narrative.

Third-person omniscient narrative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are usually a "storyteller" that knows everything, even characters' thoughts. While the characters themselves cannot see the thoughts portrayed, the readers can. And that is the important part. You read books, yes? This is used most of the time. It's very common.

I don't mean to be offensive or anything like that. I'm just pointing something out, is all.

Also, don't skim OOC posts. They're usually important sometimes. And they aren't that long.

Blog Entries

In the other RP, they usually write in the first person. Whatever feels comfortable to them really. I like writing in the third person. Seeing the link really does help. Thanks

I don't mean to be offensive either. I didn't take you as offensive at all. I've begun to understand your writing style.

As for skimming...I really don't skim, but when I see people writing about the weather, I tend to skip over them. And I don't read books very often. I'd rather be the one writing.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries

Ah, but see. Here's the thing. To understand one's craft, one must research/view the craft that other people have made, to get ideas/examples of how people write.

Writers tend to usually LOVE reading books. Usually. Mostly cause of the above explanation. Reading also expands your vocabulary in some cases.

Seriously. Read more. You're missing out on an awful lot.

I'm sorry, but I can't fathom a story writer that doesn't read. I just can't. It blows my mind.

Blog Entries

Odd eh? I get told that a lot. I always hated reading as a child, but I love writing. The two are supposed to go hand in hand, but I'm just odd like that. Don't get me wrong. I research like no freakin tomorrow. I just can't stand reading novels/books. I don't find the pleasure that other people find. Much like tanning on a beach. I can't do it. I'd rather be doing something constructive with my life. I see writing as constructive. It gets the mind going, and the writing process is like a release for me.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries

Reading is also constructive, too. It helps with your writing. They -do- go hand in hand. Have you tried reading anything recently? Besides the RP?

(The RP in itself is pretty much a collaborative novel/book, so when you say that you can't stand reading novels/books, yet you can read the RP.. it makes me wonder.)

Maybe you just haven't found the right genre for you yet. *Shrug* There's a lot of good stories out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

Maybe you just haven't found the right genre for you yet. *Shrug* There's a lot of good stories out there.
    That's possible. I've been too busy with school and studying to focus on reading books right now. RPing is fun. You never know what the person is going to write next, and it always presents challenges along the way. I guess you could say that I read fantasy/mystery, but whenever I have a book in front of me, I just don't feel compelled to read it. It seems like I'm forcing myself to do something that I just don't want to do. I don't consider things written online as a book. It's different in a sense.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries

Nah, it's not different; just an excuse. The writing online just doesn't -feel- like a book, because it's not something you're holding.

I think the reason you hate reading is because of all the textbooks and crap. And holding a book reminds you of textbooks, so therefore you feel you -have- to read it, and that's why you don't feel compelled to read it.

I say listen to audiobooks instead, in that case. Or maybe pick up a Kindle or a Nook and read e-books instead? Plenty of alternatives.

I usually hate reading too actually lol. I usually just wait for the movies. Never have liked books much. Textbooks, novels, whatever, I avoid them whenever possible. Haven't actually forced my way through a novel since the last time i had to write a book report in like 7th grade or so. Not sure why exactly, I just can't stand reading.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

I can understand that I suppose. It's just weird, when you think about it. Right? You'll RP and read other people's posts.. but can't stand reading a physical book.

Personally, depending on the person who's writing a post; I tend to enjoy reading actual books more than other people's posts. Because sometimes a post can suck, have too much fluff, or feel disjointed because they can only control their own character. Books just have better flow.

Think of it this way. If you enjoy reading RP posts.. you'll enjoy reading books THAT much better. Because -most- of the time, they're better written. Except Twilight.

This is my sin... Divided: OOC. Lucid's Avatar

Wow you guys. You should really read more books.

Also, movies are usually never as good at the books. Some of my favorite books don't even have movies.
    I'm still mad that Antonio Banderas was cast as Armand in Interview with the Vampire. Seriously people...Armand was 17 in the books...and had auburn hair... >_>
    Last edited by Lucid; 07-12-2011 at 03:30 PM.

I think it might just be that it takes too long, I usually get bored with a book before I get anywhere near the interesting bits, and end up giving up on it. I lack any form of patience. RPing I like since I'm not just taking the story in from an outside perspective, I'm actually in it. Rather than just absorbing information, I'm visualizing, inserting myself into the scenario, getting into character, and thinking, something no book has ever made me do.

Professional Klutz. Divided: OOC. Hyzenthlay's Avatar

Lmao. I've stumbled on the TFF readers of tomorrow seminar.

I went out with somebody once that swore blind he hated reading. Turned out he'd only been reading a page or so at a time. That doesn't give you time to get your brain going. In my experience reading can be as clear in your mind as a film. You just have to find your genre.

I love reading. I think it's relaxing. I also love to read peoples posts in Rps too or I probably wouldn't like to Rp so much. Peoples different writing styles that I've seen are particularly cool to read.

Seems strange to me that people don't like to read but I guess that's life for you.

EDIT: very good point Angel.

Hyz.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Blog Entries

I can understand where Heartless is coming from. I have the same thing with video games. XD I just can't stick with one. Lol. I have Gaming ADD. XD

And I agree with you too, Hyz. Reading a page or two at a time won't cut it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    I think it might just be that it takes too long, I usually get bored with a book before I get anywhere near the interesting bits, and end up giving up on it. I lack any form of patience. RPing I like since I'm not just taking the story in from an outside perspective, I'm actually in it. Rather than just absorbing information, I'm visualizing, inserting myself into the scenario, getting into character, and thinking, something no book has ever made me do.
    ^This!

Gaming taught me how to read. That's probably why I love RPing so much. It feels like I'm in a game.

Anyway, I need to stop talking about this before I miss my class. :/
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Gaming is also responsible for an overwhelming majorty of my vocabulary lol.

It's not even so much the reading or writing aspects of RPing that interest me, it's more the getting into character and storybuilding I like, I do non writing RP as well, DnD, some acting (not often), anything like that.

I'll work on another post, I should have it up by sunday at the earliest.
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

I was wondering if anyone would get up another post. It looked like things were slowing down on the Divided RP.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

I got lots of time as of now. I got it coming up after the weekend.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I'm waiting for a post from Freya and/or Victoria. Since I've joined up with them I want to wait for their posts to get started on my next post.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla

Blog Entries

From what I read on your latest post, you didn't really join us. You just "reached the end of the hall and slipped in."

...Slipped in where? Was there a door at the end of the hall? (Which isn't where my door is placed to begin with...) Sure, there obviously was. But it's the little things.

Anyway. My door is located on the side of the corridor/hall. It's not in a corner.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast