Thread: Constant Vigilance RP OOC

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Constant Vigilance RP OOC Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Constant Vigilance RP OOC

I'm going to go ahead and start this off. Bear with me for the introduction, it's been a while... And if anyone has read or played Metro 2033 this will seem a little familiar.

The year is 2050 and the world has gone to hell... It all started with World War 3. Every country that had a nuke to its name fired. In the post apocalyptic world the air is hazardous to breath due to nuclear radiation and the rest of civilization, a paltry half billion have retreated to underground shelters, some in the subway, aka metro, stations or any underground bunkers available. It all started in Russia... Or should I say, what came to Russia.... Within months of the war mysterious figures appeared in the Russian countryside. When what was left of the Communist government went to investigate they discovered what they only could describe as some sort of alien species.
    All contact with these aliens were met with open friendliness on the aliens part. In truth, the Russian government wanted to make a deal. They wanted to fix their country, for Russia was hit the hardest by the blasts. The aliens agreed on one condition. That humanity let their pets come to live with them and the aliens could come and go as they pleased. What the Russians didn't know was that these 'pets' were actually monsters that feasted on anything living besides their masters and were from an entirely different universe. It wasn't until it was too late that Russia realised what they had done. Now these beasts openly roam the world above and look for ways to get to the humans while their masters plot, all while humanity has locked itself underground out of fear.

Now that being said, this RP will we about my character, a Russian sent by his government, who meets up with three others to figure out how to fix the mess that they are all in. I will need someone to play other members of the team, which will consist of three guys, including my char, and a girl. All over the age of 18, as this is an adult RP.

Here is the OCC for everyone:
    Name:
    Affiliation: Neutral, good, or bad(No one is working with the aliens as of yet so there is an idea)
    Appearance:
    Country of Origin:
    Weapons:
    Personality:
    Biography:

I'll post my character after I get one person other than me to respond. I'll also answer any questions and try to find pics of the various monsters now roaming the world above. Ie there are at least five to six types.
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 02-02-2017 at 07:41 AM.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

The Mad God Constant Vigilance RP OOC Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Name: Nazarek

Sex: Male

Affiliation: Good

Appearance: Stands at 6'1", weighing roughly 200 lbs, Nazarek is an extraterrestrial, possessing vaguely reptilian and amphibian qualities. His skin is a pale blue and parts of it are scaled, particularly around the hands and chest area. His head is of similar shape to that of a human, aside from the frills. Other notable feature include visible gills, abnormally large eyes, two sets of eyelids, and slightly webbed fingers and toes, 4 on each extremity. He wears a respirator at all times to compensate for the lack of moisture in earth's air.

Weapons: Regenerative particle rifle.

Personality: Usually quiet and contemplative, Nazarek, like most of his people can seem a bit aloof. In truth, he is an unusually caring and compassionate individual, but his race pride themselves in keeping their true feelings concealed. Nazarek makes himself seem distant, detached, and otherwise unapproachable, usually communicating almost entirely through sarcastic dismissal and condescension.

Biography: Nazarek belongs to a race known as the Hyzal, long standing enemies of the species occupying earth. Nazarek, along with many others of his race have been deployed to worlds their nemesis have invaded since acquiring their new 'pets'. Fearing that these are a new weapon which would mean a drastic change in the system's balance of power, the Hyzal are very interested to learn more about this new method their enemies have been using to expand territory and conquer worlds. While an entire ship filled with soldiers landed on earth, they were set upon almost immediately by the creatures that had been hunting the human population, and only a handful survived. Most of the survivors abandoned their mission and took to cover much like the native population, others fought and died, and to the best of his knowledge, Nazarek is the only Hyzal still attempting to respond to the threat.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Constant Vigilance RP OOC Magi of Worlds's Avatar
    Alright you are of course approved Heartless, especially since you are the one who is helping me pull this together. Btw I didn't post it earlier in the history but the story itself is technically taking place ten years after the aliens and their pets stepped out of the void into the Russian countryside. So that happened in 2040. Anyway here is my character:

Name: Alexander Muskovich (He goes by Alex Barney in the RP though)
    Sex: Male
    Affiliation: He is on the side of Russia and it's people (unknown to him what is left of the Communist government is still evil) so he himself is good and is trying to do good but his handlers are corrupt and evil.
    Appearance: Alexander looks like your typical hardy Russian. He has short army style blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He has a short trimmed mustache and a completely shaven jawline. He wears a military style beanie on his head which tends to cover most of his hair and it is tactical black. He wears tactical gear for harsh weather that includes a thermal shirt that's black, a thermal and fur lined coat that is also black covers the shirt. There are four pockets on the outside of the coat and two on the inside, these pockets hold items that pertain to his mission ie; satellite phone, ammunition, grenades and so on. He wears thermal black pants that also have many pockets on them. On his feet are black boots that are all terrain usage. They have a non slip surface and spikes on the bottom for better hold. On his fingers are thermal fingerless gloves that allow better access to his environment. He also wears a black belt which holds most of his weapons. Alexander is slender but very well muscled and weighs approximately 165lbs and stands a little over six foot tall. His accent is completely nonexistent when he chooses it to be, further explained in his bio.
    Country of origin: What is left of Russia, approximately from Stalingrad in the Soviet Union
    Weapons: Alexander carries a standard army ka-bar knife that is solid black and easily hidden in his belt by his weapons holster. In said weapon holster is a loaded colt .45 that he was issued by the Russian military, it is silver in color with a partial black grip. And last but not least to complete his arsenal is a loaded ak74 slung on his back with a laser sight. It is black in color also to match his outfit.
    Personality: From the beginning Alexander seems cold, calculating and aloof of every situation but the truth is that he is hiding a dark secret inside. When you finally get past the cold outer exterior Alexander has a warm and genuine smile and is very humorous towards those he trusts. This takes time though. He has small laugh lines around his mouth but they barely show.
    Bio: Alexander was raised by very poor and bitter parents. They were always harsh with him and reminded him that if he ever disobeyed they could throw him outside to the wolves. Alexander's father disappeared one day when he was six years old so his mother loaned him out to the big farm up the road for extra food. He was constantly beaten by both his employer and his mother, reasons of which he assumed and was later confirmed that she blamed him for his father's disappearance. When he was fifteen Alexander ran away and joined the army. It turned out that he was very talented with putting a weapon together from nothing and firing it so as a private he was sent to officer school. They saw the fierce pride and intelligence there behind his eyes and he made the rank of lieutenant at the age of eighteen. By this time world war three was starting to happen, no bombs were being fired yet but it looked like any day trouble could start. He was pulled aside one day by a higher ranking officer who took him to the officer schools head General. It seemed that they had been watching Alexander for a long time and considered him a prospect for the KGB. Being better pay Alexander of course accepted and his training was underway. It was in this new outfit that he learned how to hide his accent and many skills that followed. His first ever mission happened right after the first bombs were dropped. He was sent west towards Germany to infiltrate and gain access to British intelliegence. On the way he came across the other beings and radioed for support. Now after ten years of watching the world around him crumble Alexander has volunteered for a secret mission within the KGB to try and stop Armageddon. He and a small task force of six members were sent west to meet a contact in Poland, unfortunately there was only one survivor....
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 11-24-2016 at 06:27 PM.
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

Ok so I'm going to make a list of the creatures that we will be encountering during the RP. These are the pets that the aliens let loose on earth. I don't have pictures of these unfortunately so a lot of this will be based off of your imagination. The names are what humans are calling them btw.

Lurkers- These creatures resemble dogs or cats in the way they walk around on four legs and make animal noises from their mouths. They tend to form large packs of ten or more and roam the ruins of cities/towns and the countryside. They are completely black in color and their mouths open up into four layers full of teeth. Instead of tails these creatures have a mass of tendrils coming off of their backs. If one is spotted and not taken care of quickly it summons more. A single one can take down a non skilled combatant easily.

Stalker- These resemble shorter humans staying under five feet tall. They are an unhealthy gray color and hide in the shadows. Stalkers tend to follow smaller groups of three or less. They pick a single target and group together to take them down. They have an unusually large mouth full of row upon row of teeth with sharp claws on their hands and toes. They disappear back into the shadows of buildings when detected.

Deathwings- Looking a lot like the Stalkers with the only difference in appearance being a large pair of wings they implement on their backs. They fly around in large groups of ten or more hunting for prey.

Librarians- A lot like the Stalkers except they resemble a lemur in size and shape. They have been dubbed Librarians because they tend to hang out in much larger buildings such as libraries and universities. They have been known to stick their hands into dead bodies and manipulate their vocal chords to lure innocent or unaware victims to them.

Dreadnaught- A massively tall beast that resembles a very muscular but tall human. It appears to be blood red in skin color but the truth is that it has a grey hide covered in human blood. They stand over ten feet tall and have rather large claws for hands. Their eyesight isn't great but they have wonderful hearing. A mouth full of large fangs finishes this brutal monsters ensemble. A lot of the survivors think they are myths since not many who have seen one lived to tell about it. Dreadnaught usually make their lairs in abandoned tunnels, sewers and larger buildings.

Crawlers- These little monsters resemble spiders but have a blobbish body with six legs sticking out. They have a large eye on a stalk and their mouth is located on their belly. Crawlers travel all over city and town ruins and when they come upon a group of survivors they emit a high pitched whistling noise that attracts other monsters. Being very small, about a foot in length and diameter they only have access to the scraps.

Hunters- These are another aerial class of monster just like the Deathwing. They are three times the size of the Deathwing though and travel in singles or pairs. If they spot a survivor they will rush in for the kill. Being a very intelligent monster, if they don't think they can handle their target they call for backup from other Hunters, Dreadwings and even Lurkers.

Wraiths/Reapers- These monsters stay in large building such as apartments and dormitories that were abandoned after the war and the other monsters were let loose. No one has seen a Wraiths true form since they stick to shadows and look shadowy when viewed. They only show their true form when attacking. Most of the time their victims only see the long scythe like blades on their arms before death takes them.

The Dangerous Ones- These are the aliens themselves that came to earth through the portal. Although no one has encountered them for ten years humanity still believes they are somewhere among them. The Dangerous Ones are grey skinned humanoids with three fingers on each hand. They don't appear to have any mouths and only a single eye. Several people have reported that they have psychic abilities because when they got near it, it would try to send messages to their minds. Many who encountered them were driven insane because they couldn't understand whatever message was being transmitted to them.

UPDATE: This RP is still going if anyone else is interested in joining in! Heartless and I are posting in it at least once a day! We welcome anyone who wishes to join us! All I ask is that you read the OOC here first and post a character to be approved before posting in the actual RP!
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-11-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Just wanted any onlookers to know that this RP is alive and going strong! We are also still looking for participants if anyone is interested!

Monsters of the world

Ok I've got some pictures to represent some of the creatures that will be seen and dealt with in the rp, plus some pics of the cities after nuclear war has come and gone.

First of all let's do creatures. I'll start with the Lurker:

Lurker.jpg

This is a Stalker: Metro 2.jpg

Librarian: Librarian.jpg

Dreadnaught(s): Dreadnaught.jpg

Crawlers: Stalker.jpg
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-11-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Monsters continued

Deathwings: Deathwing.jpg

Hunter: Hunter.jpg

Dangerous Ones: Dangerous Ones.jpg dark-ones.png

The 37th Red Spade Constant Vigilance RP OOC Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now I really wish I would have played Metro 2033!

Can I... can I be a bad guy in this?

Because that would be an interesting twist.

reads closer

I want to work with the aliens; is that alright? I will await confirmation from you before I make my character. Very interesting ideas you have here. I am excited to help you bring it to life!

I love the games of Metro and the books! This is kind of a spin-off version where we find out what happens to the rest of the world instead of just around Moscow and the Metro system. You may indeed be a bad guy in this who works closely with the evil version of the aliens. I intended to have a good and bad version to them. The bad are of course trying to wipe out all life on Earth while the few good ones are trying to help us humans. My character fills the role of Artyom in this story. He can be contacted by the good aliens but hasn't figured out yet that they've been trying. He'll also have the visions randomly where he see's a Dangerous One before it fades away. Anyway, all that aside you are approved as soon as you get your character up.

Edit: By the way, there are different factions at play here as well. I'm inserting a map of the Metro system where Alex comes from. He lives in a station near the top of the red line, which is held by the communist Russians.

map of metro.jpg
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-23-2017 at 09:29 AM.

IF you want to go ahead and make a double post, or edit more into your last, I really don't have anything else to do right now until you're ready for an encounter.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

The hope is that Coff can get set up and make a post very soon followed by another of mine. I know you have complications going on Heartless. Is the situation over there getting any better by the way? It's warming up here in Arkansas. How is the weather where you are?

We got the power back on. About 20 minutes after I bought a generator.

Blog Entries
    Can I play the girl? I usually don't get to gender-bend, haha.

Oh God that sounds about right Heartless! I feel ya man! Coff that's fine with me. Your father will be with you as well. Have you ever multi character Rp'd before? Your two characters will be meeting up with mine at some point if you wanted to go that route. I had been thinking somewhere in the UK on his way to the US.

Hey I just wanted to post a reminder to Coff about making that post tonight and setting up his character. I would have sent this in pm or vm but my laptop isn't cooperating right now. If I click on a person's profile it gives me an error message no matter who it is. Anyway, good luck guys!

Blog Entries
    I am here, and brewing a pot of coffee right now to drink up as I type up! Haha!

I will edit this post with my character; if anything is off-kilter or incompatible, please let me know and I will fix it.

Thank you for your patience!

Name: Anna Antolia

Sex: Female

Affiliation: Good

Appearance: Slender-build, black bob-cut hair. almost 6 feet tall, not particularly attractive, due to being born into a war-torn landscape, as she was born after 2033.

Country of Origin: Russia

Weapons: Pistols, pistols, pistols

Personality: Strong silent type. Keeps her mind on the mission. She's also fond of tobacco, though she has been trying (unsuccessfully) to quit.

Biography: An agent of the Russian government, she has been tasked with defending, serving, and protecting the Mother Land. She has been working for the Russian government since she was 18. She grew up in a broken world, but she tries her best not to be broken herself. She was raised literally by the government, as both of her parents died from the aliens when she was baby. Naturally, she has vowed revenge. She will stop only at death to eradicate the aliens.

Does this work? Let me know if I should change anything or elaborate.
    Last edited by Coff9; 01-31-2017 at 08:44 PM.

It looks great Coff, but could you please elaborate on appearance and give her a bit more background history please.

EDIT: Here you go Heartless and Coff. To make it slightly easier, this is what my character looks like with full armor and gear on. Metro Char.jpg
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-30-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nice picture! And I have elaborated on my post. I hope this is better!

Yeah Coff that works much better! Thank you! You may post when ready!