Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bridging the gap

Blog Entries

Bridging the gap

Ok, in an effort to bring about some activity and because I'm bored and want to get to know people better, I wanna do a fun informal RP! The thing is, I have NO IDEA what I want to even do it on, but after brainstorming I've decided that I want to do something completely off the cuff.

First, I'm gonna contact some active people around here and ask them to help me out and join the party at hand. If you want to sign up, then post here and let me know you're interested! All I need from you is about 10 minutes tops for maybe every other day. The thing is, I'm gonna ask for volunteers all over the TFF spectrum, from the newbiest noobs to the delirious balding veterans. I don't want just a single demographic here, so EVERYONE IS INVITED.

After I get some people down, I'll make up a basic setting, an initial post, and thennnn it's all up to everyone else! I have no specific destination/story or anything in mind, it's going to be completely impromptu and fun! You can make your character based off of anything, just don't no carbon copy "Clouds" or "Squalls" please.

The rules for posting is don't use ***astricks****, just write out a basic description of what you are doing if you're doing an action or something. my next rule is, no scripts! Just go into the thread, type something and go with it. If it's taking you more then 5-10 minutes to write a reply, then you're doing it wrong. Also the last rule is to have fun!

If you are interested then post here and let me know. Also if you have any questions, then feel free to post here too! <3 all.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Lone Dagger Bridging the gap Xithor's Avatar

Re: Bridging the gap

I'm interested Rocky, let me know where this RP will be setting wise and I'll whip up myself a character to play.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Blog Entries

excellent, welcome aboard!

As of right now, I was thinking probably something modern, but as far as a setting goes, I'm willing to let people get away with pretty much whatever as long as things stay zany and fun. Also, you don't have to give me a complete character bio in this thread if you want, if you'd rather wait until the RP begins, that is fine with me. I'm all about improv for this one, haha.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

That sounds great to me, I'm all for just creating things as I go. I'll just come up with a name and spring board from whatever you post as the OP of the thread.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Registered User Bridging the gap

Sure. I'll try this out. Can't say I'm all that imaginative though, but I'll bring what I can. And, I think I'll also wait until this thing kicks off before making any character plans, that way I know what kind of setting and situation I'm working from.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Lost Writer Bridging the gap Psiko's Avatar

::cracks knuckles::

Let's have some fun with this. . .

Oh, wait, I suppose that is too close to asterisks. Darn, let me try this again:

A midsized male walks amidst the gathered patrons, a red cape billowing behind him despite the lack of wind. He glances around, his emerald eyes peering deep into the souls of those unlucky enough to meet his gaze. His fierce, determined scowl flashes into a cheesy grin and he cracks his knuckles. "Let's have some fun with this!" he says as he takes a seat and awaits the arrival of others.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Bridging the gap Xanatos's Avatar

Sound's fun, I'm in. I've never done an RP before but I think I'll manage, seems like a great ground for my first try.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Fiinneee, I'll participate

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Rocky I'll join once I get internet.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Memento Rhapso Bridging the gap Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in 'dis bitch! I'll be the senile old man if said position is available!

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

#LOCKE4GOD Bridging the gap Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would join, but I'm only really going to be active for the next week, then bugger off for the rest of winter. Sounds good though. As long as people keep it short. As much as I like reading, there's something about huge RPs that bore me silly.

So, sorry. I would in different circumstances.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Bridging the gap Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Hell, I'll join Rocky! Sounds like it might be fun. Especially if its coming from you!
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

Blog Entries

wow thanks for all the replies everyone, I've got the next two days off of work to chill out and stuff but since idk if I'll be going out or w/e, I'll get some ideas rolling and start it off on monday. Anyways, happy 4th of July everyone, Santana played in our city tonight and from what I hear he did great (I had to work so I didn't attend the concert), but I'm gonna watch some netflix and think up of some ideas!

I'm DYING to see you! Bridging the gap ViviMasterMage's Avatar

I'll be joining too! =D

When I get my wireless up that is!

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

So we doing this? WE DOING THIS? Let's do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Blog Entries

I'm working on it sloppy joe

expect a informal rp post tomorrow~

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

Oh Hamburger Helper, where are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Blog Entries

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strol...rgerhelper.jpg

Been hanging out with people the past few days but now that I'm kinda going to be soon in debt I'll be at home tonight!~ Yeah the RP will be up tonight, got nothing better to do!

And yes I have ideas for it (well kinda I guess), nothing that hasn't been done before tbh but it should turn out pretty well I hope..

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! Bridging the gap Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Ah don't worry Rocky! We all got faith in you dude! Can't wait to RP!!!
    DON'T MESS WITH THE MAGI! 🤘 Check out my new RP Constant Vigilance! It's been completely redone and I'm looking for participants!

Yea we're rooting for ya Rocky, I'm on the edge of my seat

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Blog Entries

RPs up!

have fun, be creative, etc.

Where you guys at? lol it's only me, Azuteor, Rhapso, Rocky and Magi posting in the RP

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

I haven't heard from Rocky after he went out for a swim with his cousins, haha. Must be fun! I'm pretty sure everyone is busy with their personal lives.
    Last edited by Azuteor; 07-24-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Maybe Rocky drowned?! Oh noes, we need a new RP leader then
    On a serious note, Azuteor is right. Personal lives and whatnot. But, since we're all members of the Cleanup Crew, why not invite noobs to it? Like in their welcoming thing, try saying if you like the RPs then try this one? The whole point was to provoke activity and have fun, so why not?

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

That's actually a great idea Rhapso, I'll just add something about RPing whenever I welcome a new member to the Forums.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Sounds like fun, sign me up if the offer still stands.
    UWAAAOOOAAAOOO!! I'm Gau. I'm your friend. Let's travel together!

-Gau

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gau View Post
    Sounds like fun, sign me up if the offer still stands.
    It's open to everyone, the RP is titled "Ramuh High", it should be in the Informal Role-Playing folder
    Or you can click it here if you don't feel like searching lol
    Last edited by Rhaps; 07-24-2010 at 04:53 PM.

SPOILER!!:

Don't click this.

Cool! Thanks a bunch!

-Gau

Ok, real quick. I know tis is not the the right threat but I cannot for the life of me remember the real thread. Here is a funny video that I think will brighten everyone's day:

YouTube - Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'

-Gau

Blog Entries

heyyyy alll lol been kinda busy but I'll post something tomorrow, not sure what is gonna happen yet but stay posted!

and yeah more people are welcome to join, just have them post up in here letting me know they're interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast