Thread: The Book Of Law

The Book Of Law

In a modern city, 1990

The rain poured down on window, the ghastly sinister puff of wind could be heard stroking off the window pane. A young man, crying as he held a baby in his arms. His hair was blonde, he wore a formal suit, the jacket closed over his white shirt. He rocked the baby, making the young girl fall into a deep sleep. She was at peace.

"Mr. Frame," A doctor entered the room.

Mr. Frame simply hushed the other man, looking down upon his daughter, holding her tightly, feeling her pulse, making sure that she was still with him.

"Sir, Is there anything you would like to say?" The Doctor asked, his voice lowered.

Mr. Frame raised his head. He didn't speak, he stared at the doctor as he approached him.

"My wife is dead..." Mr. Frame said quietly. "Dead..., because of her..." He spoke down to the baby.

The Doctor wished he could say something. Something to say that it wasn't the young girls fault. The mother had simply bled to death, they couldn't control the bleeding, it was his fault. The mother had suffered heavy burns from inside the womb, it was a freak accident, and unexplainable from a medical point of view.

"Mr. Frame, we need to examine your daughter, she may have the same ... illness as your wife." The Doctor said.

"Three hours after I was married... she was 2 weeks premature..., why did it happen? today of all days..." Mr. Frame handed the baby to the Doctor, he removed his glasses, wiping the tears he shed on them with a small white hankerchief.

"Call her Carole, I'll be back in the morning." Mr. Frame said not looking at the Doctor. He stood in a perfect posture, putting his glasses back on, as the doctor exited the room, Frame exited as well.

---
    Days had passed, and Carole's results came back negative. She was an awfully perculiar baby, she would worry her father majorly for the rest of her childhood, her body tempature raising, immediatley making her father think that she was in serious trouble. But soon, Carole's tempature went down. The crisis was avoided, it left the doctors confused and curious. So when Carole was 9, she was tested on. The results were terrible. The medical lab burst into flames, like a forest fire, the entire lab caught fire immediatley, Carole escaped the lab without a single mark. A screaming nurse, branded her a demi-devil infront of her father.

Frame pulled her out of school, he deserted the suburbs and fled to the country-side. He educated his daughter himself. They were isolated in nature, and Carole's only contact with the outside world was her computer. She was under strict rules never to leave the house. Or they would kill her. The isolation made her lonely, and soon that was turned into bitterness, resentment towards her father. She wanted to escape her prison without bars and flee, if only for one night, she wanted to see real people.

------
    Okay, my comeback rp. Hopefully this is sucessful but it will be a little bit confusing. The story is modern, so guns are allowed. As you may have guessed, Carole is cursed with a sickness which allows things to ignite into flames. I guess you could call it a super-power or an ability.

This is an rp full of Demons, monsters, and of course, evil corporate suits. But, Carole isn't the only one cursed with an ability. There are others, cursed with different powers since birth. Some, have managed to control their abilities, some have been branded outcasts or freaks by society.

So, any questions? Just ask
    -----------

I Just have one rule, if you choose to have a power, it has to be different from everyone else. It can be anything from controlling electricity, to creating icicles, to super strenght.

----------
    Template
    Name:
    Weapon:
    Power: (If any)
    Appearance:
    Bio: (Just a line or two stating their basic life, I want it to be vague, but planned out so you can reveal it in the story, It's very important you put some depth into your character, or you may lose interest in them)

Name: Carole Frame
    Weapon: None
    Power: Fire/Control of body heat.
    Appearance: Her short blonde hair tips off onto her shoulders, her eyes are blue. She is about 5'6 in size and very skinny.
    Bio: Carole lived a difficult life with her father after her mother died in child-birth. She thinks of herself as a prisoner, and believe the outside world is cruel.

-----

Have any questions, feel free to PM or ask in the thread

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 The Book Of Law T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Ooo, a not-4 color superpowers RP!! I haven't seen this once in a while. I gotta give it a try. Fortunately, I ain't a fan of flames, but definitely given the ample set of choices, I cannot risk anyone do taking my fave power.

Name: Luca Volta
    Weapon: 25 ft. long copper wire with sharp tip.
    Power: Electricity (control of electrical fields and currents)
    Appearance: Short black hair laid back, with hints of balding and graying. Wears eyeglasses over his unusual blue/brown eyes. Lock beard, black with slight grey. Looks slightly older than his age, speaks with a harsh lecturing tone.
    Bio: Dr. Volta is an experienced scientist in the field of Physics, showing remarkable skill in the area of electricity and currents. Despite his age, he still finds himself of completely controlling his powers, hence has to resort using non-circuit technology.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Lady Succubus The Book Of Law Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...So.. you basically remade AH and added demons and monsters into the mix. How creative. >_>;

Kind of awkward seeing as I'm currently trying to make AH into a novel of some sort. Oskar took one of Himiko's powers. Oh well. Not like I was going to use Himiko for this RP anyway. I'll tell you what I'm going to use, though.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ivy Kane
    Weapon: Herself and/or Katana
    Power: Wind
    Appearance: Black hair, slim athletic build with alluring curves. Oriental facial features and brown eyes. Sharp canine teeth.
    Bio: Living vampire. Bounty hunter by trade, ex-special effects technician, and ex-prostitute, and bombsmith by occupation. Her family line is the strongest of the vampires. No one crosses with her. Ever.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 The Book Of Law T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toph Bei Fong View Post
    ...So.. you basically remade AH and added demons and monsters into the mix. How creative. >_>;

Kind of awkward seeing as I'm currently trying to make AH into a novel of some sort.
    AH? Please enlighten me on what you refer. You speak of a former RP, or of a series (TV, the like)?

Oskar took one of Himiko's powers. Oh well. Not like I was going to use Himiko for this RP anyway.
    Apparently you are missing the entire purpose of my username. Lemme explain: T.G. (as of Thunder God) was taken partly because of Cid's title in Final Fantasy Tactics, but also because the title explained a character I have developed since...oh, pretty much since I was 8 or 9 years old. His original power was to manipulate electricity, which resulted in pretty much lightning bolts and what not.

However, I can understand why Himiko would choose electricity. It is a very handy skill, when you give it immense amounts of thought. Character development at the depth of Magneto, for example, not only made Magnetism popular, but also gave it creative ways to use said powers. Since electricity and magnetism are essentially similar at some points (something Magneto oft-quote Storm), manipulation of electricity and strictly electrical currents and fields will eventually allow a smart character to work around magnetism.

Stretch it out a bit, and you can become a cyberpath. Or know about resistances and you can make a hot weapon out of a metal one. Or waste enough power and make some light. The possibilities are endless, and it requires enough imagination to work around it.

So, now you understand the reason why I spoke before of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself
    ...I cannot risk anyone do taking my fave power.

Lady Succubus The Book Of Law Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    AH refers to Advanced Humans, a previous RP. And I don't care about the entire purpose of your username. I'll call you Oskar if I want to. Yes, I was referring to you, not your character. >_>;

Well, I felt like I didn't put a lot of planning into AH, and, I felt myself setting up a character I wasn't interested in. Plus, AH was more like Science fiction as were the Book Of Law will have more of a fantasy mix, as you said. And show me an actual original Rp? Everyone gets idea's from something. I might as well expand on an Idea I had a while back.
    Last edited by Caije; 05-17-2008 at 01:22 AM.

Imperius Rex The Book Of Law Storm's Avatar
    Name: Ryan Vinci
    Weapon: for the time being, any usable object nearby
    Power: None currently (will be teleportation)
    Appearance: Brown hair with blonde highlights on fringe, formed into a controlled messy style and hazel-brown eyes. His clothing symbolises that of an art student: usually denim jeans with a basic or striped t-shirt and a denim or leather jacket depending on temprature or occasion. He is never without his electric pink belt and converse boots, and his black bandana with a rose and dagger embroided onto it (his band embelem-it is either displayed around his waist, arm, neck or head).
    Bio: A student of Combined Arts (art, music and drama) at the local university, Ryan plays guitar and sings in his own university band, Bladed Roses. He is both liked and disliked by his peers for his flamboyant personality and vanity. He has no phobias, however is easily scared.

[edit: Changed the future power as it would suit the plans I have for him in the future.]
    Last edited by Storm; 05-24-2008 at 10:40 AM.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

Name: Zian Lorgar
    Weapon: 2 half sized katanas, Brutaly sharp and swift. Duel-weilded.
    Power: Sometimes moves faster then humanly possible but it is not a controllable power, often happens if he is feeling scared, angry or his emotions are raging.
    Appearance: Middle length blonde hair with a long fringe that goes past his noes. His fringe is swept to one side covering 1 of his deep blue eyes. He wears a long midnight black coat to conceal his blades in with a black shirt and trousers to match. When ever not carrying his weapons he walks around like any old 18 year old, jeans and a t-shirt are his favoured look. What ever clothes he is wearing he always wears his black and white canvas shoes.
    Bio: Often conceived to be gothic Zian has few friends. He practices martial arts most days and the days not training he will do some excerise normaly a long cross-country run or bike ride. He was planning on going to university but he has family problems and was kicked out shortly after his 18th birthday less then a few months ago and doesnt have the funds to go to university. Now he has a small 1 bedroom aparment in a run down part of town. He is looking for a job but is currently doubting his chances and is in danger of turning to crime.

The joke is far too true The Book Of Law loner-kid's Avatar
    Name: Kryn Velos
    Weapon:
    Power: For simplicities sake we'll call it power mimic or leech (To be more specific it is an absorption of other powers through either close proximity for an extended period, passive 'mimic', or through direct contact with the appendages for lack of a better word palm, active 'leech'. The powers are discharged through the appendages, slowly depleting the energy store of the specific power, when the energy store has been completely drained the power can't be used.)
    Appearance: She has short raven black hair, splayed outwards, which loses its pigmentation half an inch from the tip. Her face is thin and pale with deep crimson eyes, a black crescent tattoo with both points facing upwards lies underneath her right eye. Physically she is very slight with small hips and pert breasts. She has two snake like appendages attached onto her shoulder blades. The appendages have a polished almost metallic look ending in a three clawed trap fist, along the side are hollow gashes spaced neatly and cleanly. the skin tissue around the joint is heavily scared with some indication of burning. She wears a simple white dress that extends down to her thighs, the back has been torn off around the shoulder, the area around the tear is stained crimson with blood
    Bio: The smell of blood and the feel of rain on her skin, those are her first memories. All alone in a heap of scorched and twisted metal. The entire building had been raised to the ground, leaving only the stench of stagnant water and rotting corpses under the gaze of a heavy downpour. The girl stumbled through the wreckage looking for some clue as to who she is, finding only a name and a photo of herself. It was a start.

Kryn is treated as an outcast in any kind of society she happens to encounter and doesn't know the parameters of what is considered normal or acceptable. She lacks any form of self conscious and fails to see any problems that her 'appendages' may cause, she is also ignorant in the importance of proper clothes and tends to let it slide walking around in completely ruined clothes

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother