Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The battles of Haven: OOC

Lady Succubus The battles of Haven: OOC Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Er.. if you weren't disputing what he said, you wouldn't have told him to edit the post in the first place. But whatever... =\

And what kind of dictionary only has one definition for besiege? Sounds really freaking convenient for you. Your dictionary isn't right or wrong. Neither of them are. That's why there are multiple in existence.

But I await your post in eagerness.

Professional Klutz. The battles of Haven: OOC Hyzenthlay's Avatar
    I may have brought up that he had to change it. You brought up the word besiege and gave a child-like explanation to an 18 year old English student on the meaning. Which I found patronizing to say the least. I just didnt appreciate it, I know you probably meant no harm.

My dictionary only has on meaning, dunno why. I can take a picture and send it if you think im lieing. =]

Thanks, Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.
    PRK9, putting the Kitty back in Por Rorr.
    Most likely to have supernatural babies- TFF Bogus Awards 2009- Winner

Blog Entries
    No, that's fine. And my explanation wasn't intended to be childish at all. I was just giving a heads up saying "Hey, it has more than one meaning."

But anyway...

Finding Answers The battles of Haven: OOC Fehrant's Avatar
    Guys, sorry to interrupt your dispute, I don't mean to take any sides, but in the light of the fact that I quoted several sources to support my usage for the word, nonetheless offering to edit the post regardless, I don't think this is a matter of who studies English and who doesn't. Thus, having proved that the intended connotations of the word in the context are valid, it all boils down to a matter of taste. Though I still consider the approach of the correction to be somewhat relentless, not even taking into account what I intended to express. Not a single question was asked to see what I was trying to convey with my choice of words.

Anyway, as Lex has declined my offer to edit my post, we should move on.

It's all just a joke The battles of Haven: OOC Acheron's Avatar
    Thanks for letting me be apart of this RP, but I think I'll be pulling out. My character doesn't really have any point to the story, so it's just an annoying post in the thread, I'll probably make an exit post for him fairly soon.

Sorry to here that Acheron. It wouldnt have been hard to get you near and I did say several ways to, but nevermind. Good luck with your future RP's.

Anyway guys, my sister is now back outof hospital and my coursework is in. This only leaves work to worry about, and thats not nearly as oppressive on my time. In short, im back again with long posts, frequently.

Thanks, Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Blog Entries
    Bah, you don't have to drop out. You're at the most, one or two posts away from joining everyone. =\

And your character isn't pointless. He's just not with everyone right away.
    But hey, it's your choice, and you kind of did it to yourself anyway. ^^;

I think he should stick around, but I have no energy to argue. I feel like crap and I really dont have any fight left in me. Heh.

But like Yoko says, you are probably only a few posts away and then teh whole group will probably be with you.

Thanks, Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Yeah I'll stick around for a bit, you're both right I'm actually not that far off from everyone.

Just posted so now I'll be in the area.
    Last edited by Acheron; 04-22-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Gah, im so sorry guys.

Im reading through now, Ive been away for such a long time I know.
    I'll explain later because I haven't got time right now.

Thanks, Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Blog Entries
    No worries, real life always comes first.

I haven't been around much either, to be honest. Been taking advantage of the great weather to spend some time outside for the past week or so. I was an outdoor person before I discovered the internet, after all.

~DragonHeart~

Blog Entries
    And you're going to be an outdoor person once again, and before you know it, you won't be on the internet anymore and we'll all miss you and you will be gone. ;-;

/soooob

And speaking of not being around, erm... should I create a character to replace Drake, or should I expect you to post more often? Cause if RL comes first, then you're not going to be around very much, if at all (as you stated).

...Though, even if I do create a char to replace Drake, I don't really see much point... the RP is somewhat.. dead/crawling.
    It's like I have to create the major plot to keep it going.

Unless Aimee's going to do something right now. And I mean like...right now, now. Not, right now, in a week or so. >.>;
    Last edited by Victoria; 04-30-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    I didn't say I was leaving, did I? No. I fully intend to continue with the RP, I've just been, you know, having a life outside the computer screen. I would have posted today in fact, but my best friend dropped in this morning and we went out for the day.

I will post either tonight or tomorrow at some point.

Be patient, please. I am not by any means abandoning this, I simply have other things that take a priority at this time.

~DragonHeart~

Blog Entries
    I have been patient. >.>;
    I could have been a prick and ditched Drake or whatever, but I decided to wait for you. I don't even remember how long I've been waiting. Heh.

Though, yay for a life outside of a comp screen. Some of us aren't that lucky.

"having a life outside the computer screen" is a petty excuse for justifying blatant inactivity, and constant negligence. It matters not if this is because you are playing games, hacking computers, or partying outside. That's besides the point. In fact, your constant need of forcing the words "real life" every single post is starting to get on my nerves. Just say you had other, more important things to do. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I could be angry about such comments, but I'm really not. You don't know my situation here and I doubt you'd care if you did. But either way, very well. I had more important things to do. Is that better?

Anyways, Drake is in a do-or-die situation at the moment. If you guys really want me out of the RP then fine, he can disappear with the next post. If not, I'd be happy to continue. Most of what I had to do is done so I have the time to post again, especially since I have shorter work shifts this week. It's up to you guys. If you don't feel I am sincere in my desire to keep posting, then I will not hold you back further.

~DragonHeart~

Actually DragonHeart I wish the complete opposite, I want you in because I think you are quite important to my grand scheme right now. What with your connections and things I value your character quite highly.

Fehrant- I don't see the need in lashing out there, but whatever floats your boat. I remember your nerves and find them to be quite an endearing addition to your personality.

Right, now, the reason I've been away. I told you all of my younger sister having operations correct? Well, they were due to a head injury after a motorbike crash whilst she was out with "friends". Turns out internal bleeding continued, so you can see the severity. Please dear god Fehrant don't tell me thats a blatant excuse for inactivity. Anyway, my parents being away (my dad teaching in cambridge and my mums a stewardess) I have been looking after my sister as well as my youngest brother. My older brothers are as much use as a gun made of turd, though I'd quite like to slap them with that.

EDIT: I have come up with several new things for the RP in my absence, including, as my brother has demonstrated. A new group codenamed the "Echo's", these are-

Echo Zel
    Echo Iris
    Echo Rex
    Echo Amber
    Echo Colt
    Echo Caspian

These will be introduced very soon.

Thanks, Aimee.
    Last edited by Hyzenthlay; 05-01-2007 at 07:32 AM.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Blog Entries
    Have fun with your group. Because I'm not changing my forum name to something stupid such as that.

And hey, if DH wants to continue posting, that's fine with me. All I was saying is that I've been waiting and waiting for her to post. My suggestion was just very much a last resort.

And yes, Aimee, your reason for being inactive is valid, want to know why? Because you actually told us what's going on. If nobody tells us what's going on in their lives that prevents them from being active, then we just assume they have other stuff they want to do.

All I'm saying is--and I can't say it enough--is that if you are going to be inactive, please, just let us know why and for how long. If you don't say anything and just leave without a word, then you may get booted. (I'm using 'you' in the general sense, here.)

But anyway.

What? Not you change your name you doofus, I said an introduction of a new group, hes just a wierdo who changed his name. =]

The group is a NPC group that will play part. My brother just like's the idea so he is using his favorite as his name. Otherwise I'd have changed mine, which i'm not doing.

We have both posted now Piro, so the balls in your court.

Thanks, Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Blog Entries
    Ball's in my court? What, did this become my RP or something? Sheesh.
    I'll write a post right now I guess.

No, it didnt become yours.
    You said you were waiting for D-H, so then the ball wa sin yuor court after that post.

Thats all.

Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Sorry to hear about your sister, I hope everything is alright now. Don't worry about inactive time, it's just an RP and family is far more important than all of this.

With that said, I'll be posting today.

Since we are all back into the bandwagon of activity (temporarily or otherwise), I'd just like to announce I'll post tomorrow night.

Blog Entries
    And I was working on mine until right now. I'm heading to bed and will resume it tomorrow. It'll be a whopper.

Good, whoppers are welcomed with open arms, don't worry either, the plot is just about to properly kick in. Some of you know different plot points to eachother that I have requested to suit the purposes, I thank you for following through with them.

As for the "Echo's" their part will be revealed not so soon. The masked man will appear however quite shortly, I ask that when he does you ask referals for posts as I don't want any heroic posts against him, as this would result in the loss of primal plot.

Thanks, Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Blog Entries
    Well, I posted. And now I have to go somewhere again. I'll be back by tonight as always. =P

Hopefully by then someone posted.

I posted, just a bit of story to enhance it a bit. You know. =]]

Aimee.
    Cogito, ergo sum.

Blog Entries
    Umm...I'd just like to point out that Drake was completely seperated from Skye and Shino. Shadow took some of the heroism out of it by killing half of the knights, but Drake's still stuck in the bar fighting for his life. I did have an idea of what he would do from there, but if you'd rather I stick with you two that's ok also, I suppose.

~DragonHeart~

Edit: Bar, not inn...I'm confusing my stories lol.
    Last edited by DragonHeart; 05-04-2007 at 10:07 AM.

[For anyone who posts next:] Feel free to make Ral'Antar meet up with you guys, if I don't get to post first.

Blog Entries
    Well, I obviously have stuff to do. My three characters have to meet up with Ral'Antar first, since they're her first crew members. XD

So uhm. I claim the next post. I think. Tomorrow, though. I think. I hope.

Edit: Whoa, whoa, whoa. What in the bloody damn hell is going on here? The "Echo" are the cause? Hell no. Ral'Antar did it herself. End of discussion. It was part of our plan. Don't just bring the "Echo" out of nowhere. Work them into the fucking story, please. Notice how I worked my characters into the story? Yeah.. that's what you do with new characters.

I don't mean to rag on you, but seriously. They just rubbed me the wrong way. I had a freaking plan to run into Ral'Antar and my three characters, but noooo. I mean.. what the hell was their freaking point of running into us? "Where you go, we go?" What kind of crap is that? Again, what is their purpose in this particular RP? Please, if they have no purpose at all other than to be "badass" because your brother made them, take them out. Please. They currently do not fit in the RP.

You have lot of 'splainin' to do.

Edit 2: I seriously, seriously, mean no offense to you or your brother, it's just... Ugh. I mean.. please. Add in a backstory and I'll be fine. People don't just.. pop in out of nowhere. Because right now, to me, Echo are the ninja form of Team Rocket, if you catch my drift.
    Last edited by Victoria; 05-04-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast