Thread: Azure Angel (Mentoring)

The Quiet One Azure Angel (Mentoring) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Azure Angel (Mentoring)

This is for only JillxWesker and myself as part of the mentoring program. Please refrain from posting.

This is just going to start out with creating a character. It may seem pretty simple and a no brainer, but it is part that people do have trouble on. There is also the fact that people will end up repeating the same character or falling into very similar characters. So it is something very important and good practice for anyone. Once we’re done with making the character we’ll move into using the character for the actual RP.

I’ll provide you with information that is pretty typical for a starting RP and see how you do.

The Azure Angel bar and restaurant is a privately owned small business on the West Coast enjoying a quiet and loyal clientele. Despite sitting on a fairly major thoroughfare the restaurant maintains a small, but consistent crowd. Their motto is “The customer pays when the customer is happy” a difficult goal, but one they always seem to achieve.

It is a normal restaurant with an alluring and charming aura. However, there is one special room that remains isolated for special clients. Behind the deep azure curtain only select persons are allowed. To see behind one must prove themselves to the owner to be granted its privilege. Those that enter never speak of what they saw and leave with a solemn content appearance. They never return to the restaurant again though.

This is set within the modern day and pretty much just a normal setting. So you don’t have to worry about anything that is going to be too crazy.

Here is the profile sheet you’ll need to fill with the character you create. I won’t be creating a character at this moment. I just want to see what you can do without influencing you. And we’ll move from there.

Name:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Hair Color:
    Eye Color:
    Appearance:
    Cloths:
    Personality:
    Background:
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Never getting back together... Azure Angel (Mentoring) JillXWesker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Azure Angel (Mentoring)

Name: Jasmin Rice

Height: 5"2

Weight: 98 lbs

Hair Color: Platnuim blue

Eye Color: Purple

Appearance: Platnuim blue hair, mostly in a ponytail. She also wears her mothers diamond choker, which belonged to her great, great grandmother, Trilla Jordan.

Cloths: She wears many outfits. Her school uniform, which consists of a green Miniskirt, and a plain emerald top, with a red tie. She has a casual outfit she wears on the weekends, a white t-shirt, and blue jeans. Lastly, she has her pajamas, which have pictures of her favorite anime characters on them.

Personality: Jasmin is a loose, freespirted woman. She can sometimes be lazy. She can sometimes become sad, because she has random flashbacks of her father. Which she is seeing a therapist about.

Background: Her father left her mother while she was pregenant with her. Then, when Jasmin turned three, her father died in a firey . No information was told to her about her fathers death, she was to young to know. She didn't actually know about her father. Jasmin didn't know she had a father. She goes the private school, because in public school, the students called her names, and abused her with Physical actions, and abused her intelligence, making her do their homework.

If there is more to be done, tell me.
    Last edited by JillXWesker; 08-22-2010 at 05:23 PM.

"We Are Never Getting Back Together. Like... Ever."

My Signature looked a lot prettier in photoshop... :/

The Quiet One Azure Angel (Mentoring) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, this is a good start. A couple of things though, you say she has a school uniform, which in the US is a little unusual unless it is a private school. So you'll want to provide a little explanation to those details. It doesn't have to be too much, but since it is something that stands out it is good to highlight it since it makes your character different from the rest.

In personality you say she's nice except for when you make her mad. This is typically the case for most people. So you'll want to explain why it is different for her. Does she react differently or there is a specific trigger that causes it.

The last thing is you're very brief on the background. You don't have to go into great detail, but having a little about how she is currently would be good for yourself to know where to start as well as to know what she's become after losing a parent.

Overall you've got a good start. So let's do it again. As I said before it is good practice for anyone and it is good to be able to be in the habit of creating different characters that don't fall into similar types. So make another character, but it needs to be different from the last.

Never getting back together... Azure Angel (Mentoring) JillXWesker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm redoing this. Just give me a wee bit more time.

Thanks!

Love JillXWesker
    Last edited by JillXWesker; 08-23-2010 at 06:11 PM.

"We Are Never Getting Back Together. Like... Ever."

My Signature looked a lot prettier in photoshop... :/