Thread: Low level run

Registered User Low level run TobiasRainey's Avatar

Low level run

I've heard that low level runs are easier in FF VIII since the monsters and bosses level with you, so does anyones think otherwise?
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

They're very easy. It's not only because monsters level with you, but also because junctioned magic boosts stats by a set amount. So you can be level 1 with very high stats.

The only point it starts getting tough is at the very end, at the last boss, and the optional bosses.

Registered User Low level run TobiasRainey's Avatar
    So, what you're saying is I shouldn't really bother with level grinding at all?
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...or should I?

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Low level run Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasRainey View Post
    So, what you're saying is I shouldn't really bother with level grinding at all?

Levels are not so important as in other FF games although it's incredible easy to reach the max level and it wouldn't be bad to do so. The most important thing is that you understand the junction system pretty well so that you know how to use opponent's weakens to your advantage (for example if you junction 100x deaths to your attack you can kill Behemoth with one blow instantly, regardless on which level you are), have some decent magic to junction and to have most important abilities that GF's can ofter.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity