Thread: HELP- need it now

Elloewen HELP- need it now ultimatekupo's Avatar

HELP- need it now

I have been trying to deal with this for almost a year now. Ok so I started playing ff8 on the ps2, and at the missle base I took renoa with squal. Later on I realized that it was a mistake because I cant get the garden to land in the original spot when it comes to navigating it. So I looked it up on a forum somewhere that it was because of renoa. Well I have 50 some odd hours down on my current game. To go back to the missle would take me back to 22 hours, and I'd lose all the awesome cards I played in the process of waiting. So i got a ps1, and it finally works, and nothing has changed. I still cant figure out why not. I am thinking maybe there was no glitch... Maybe I am not taking the garden to the right place. Does anyone know where I should take it? The only place that the garden has really reacted to is the fishermans place. Other then that I cant get the garden to react to anything. Do I need to get out of the garden and go somewhere? I think before I got the ps1 it wouldnt even let me do that.

.............. HELP- need it now smurphy's Avatar
    The garden isnt supposed to land in the original spot.Theres definitely no problem with having Rinoa on your team, having played through multiple times with her. Unless theres Galbadia garden outside Balamb the answer is in Fishermans Horizon.

I have done everything that it will possibly let me do there. -_- am I missing something? I am not sure what is supposed to happen or where I am supposed to go once
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare

*once I navigate the garden

Sorry one little thing. You might have to go to cids office and take on Norg in the b1 level. Or go to the front hall and youll be approached by a robed man. Hope it helps, unless you play through all disks youre missing out.

I am playing through all the disks. I already got norg. Now nothing happens when I go down there.

What part are you at exactly? Have you completed Balamb(when Galbadia garden is there)?

ok bear with me, its been months since I picked it back up. Finally got the ps1 working. I know that I had gotten out of galbadia prison, Im on disk 2, I got to navigate the garden on my own, bc the principal gave me control, and now I dont know where to go with the garden. i have been everywhere, (spent hours doing so) now i am not sure anymore about anything. I know that when I had the ps2 it would even let me jump out of the garden, and now it is. I dont know if I am supposed to take the garden back to the original spot, now that I finally can after all the bs at the fisher man place or to the other garden that it wont let me do anything to. Its parked in the water outside the closest city to balamb.

Sorry this may sound stupid but from your first post i get the impression you dont know how to land the garden on the world map. Is this the case?

But you definitely have to go to Balamb next so. There should be guards there barring your entrance but talk to everyone twice and you should be able to enter. If not im completely stumped.

one problem. what guards? I can make the thing land, and all it does it take me back to inside the garden, and everything is normal. No exits, no one to talk to besides the damn people in the office and the same people I have spent many hours playing cards with. Nothing happens, and nothing changes when I land in balamb. That is my problem. I once read somewhere that someone had the same problem, only that it was a glitch bc i took renoa with me in the group that didnt go to the missle, using a ps2 instead of a ps1. So i switched to the ps1 and the only thing that has changed is that when I land it lets me walk around now, but only on the world map.

yes I have already dealt with all the craziness of the people trying to take over balamb garden. was that the question i missed? Is there something after that I am supposed to do? All it let me do is navigate this thing.

Well theres definitely a glitch in that case. If you want you could send me your save file and ill try to do that part over the weekend.

huh how do I do that? I am not using an emulator. its a ps1 memory card

Well i know this works with ps2 memeory cards, (havent tried with ps1 memory cards), if you plug a usb memory stick into the ps2 simultaneously with the memory card you can move slots back and forth.

i didnt even know you could get a ps usb memory stick. hmm. Alright if you want to help ill let you know when I find one. For now can I add you to my list so I will remember your screen name?

Dont need a special one as far as i know a normal one worked for me. And beware the memory stick has no viruses attached to any files as the ps2 is heavily vulnerable(already lost 1).

i dont even have one so I am prolly gonna go buy one, unless... i might have one and not know it?

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekupo View Post
    I have been trying to deal with this for almost a year now. Ok so I started playing ff8 on the ps2, and at the missle base I took renoa with squal. Later on I realized that it was a mistake because I cant get the garden to land in the original spot when it comes to navigating it. So I looked it up on a forum somewhere that it was because of renoa. Well I have 50 some odd hours down on my current game. To go back to the missle would take me back to 22 hours, and I'd lose all the awesome cards I played in the process of waiting. So i got a ps1, and it finally works, and nothing has changed. I still cant figure out why not. I am thinking maybe there was no glitch... Maybe I am not taking the garden to the right place. Does anyone know where I should take it? The only place that the garden has really reacted to is the fishermans place. Other then that I cant get the garden to react to anything. Do I need to get out of the garden and go somewhere? I think before I got the ps1 it wouldnt even let me do that.
    I have no Clue where you are.

My advice would be to look at a play through of FFVIII on YouTube and find the bombing mission, figure out where you are from there:

Here: "Let's play FF VIII"
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 10-20-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

its ff8 not ff7

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekupo View Post
    its ff8 not ff7
    It is VIII (8)

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Sorry gypsy elder youre right it is viii but videos only go as far as near the end of the first disk. It appears the problem is about 2-3 hours into the second disk(playing at normal speed).

Actually that was a good idea. It was helpful. I found something that I am going to test out and see if it works. Ill let ya know.