Thread: Maiden who Travels the Planet

It's amazing how fast time flies Maiden who Travels the Planet Quexinos's Avatar

Maiden who Travels the Planet

So how many of you have read this? This novella by Benny Matsuyama was released with the Ultimania Omega. It focuses on what happened to Aerith after she was killed and how she got the lifestream going to stop meteor and everything. Personally, I love it. I think it's one of the best FFVII novella's written. If you haven't read it, here you go:
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Web Novel - Hoshi wo Meguru Otome - The Maiden who Travels the Planet

What is everyone's thoughts on it? This novella tends to get looked over a lot and I personally hate that. I've even heard people try to say it's not canon... nothing else that Benny wrote for Square has ever been questioned so I fail to see why this is. There's no contradictions in it or anything I'm curious, do you guys here think it's canon? Do you like the story?

... just felt like doing something not LTD related
    Quexinos
    I'll keep getting back up because I don't want to lose something precious to the future I believe in. - One Piece, One Day (English translation)

Regalia

Re: Maiden who Travels the Planet

Everyone complains about it being non-canon because its oh so contradicting of some of the story of FFVII, and ruins Aerith's character.

Y'know, because its just oh so wrong to expand on the story and everyone's favorite Cetra. /sarcasm

I for one loved this novella. It was one of my favorites overall. The story's intriguing, and I didn't get bored or pissed off at it whatsoever. And THANK GOD, it managed to not mention the ridiculous love triangle in the game, which makes me rather happy. Although... I wouldn't have mind seeing some Clerith references. *wink*

It's amazing how fast time flies Maiden who Travels the Planet Quexinos's Avatar

Re: Maiden who Travels the Planet

And their isn't any contradictions in it, so lol @ people who say there is XD
    Quexinos
    I'll keep getting back up because I don't want to lose something precious to the future I believe in. - One Piece, One Day (English translation)