Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting Experience Points after Level 70?

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Locke4God's Avatar

Getting Experience Points after Level 70?

I have to ask if anybody is aware of good places to get experience after you get to around level 70. I've played this game through backwards and forwards twice, and once I get up that high in level, there just doesn't seem to be any overworld enemies that will give significant amounts of experience. In X, you have Zanarkand or the Omega Ruins to get large amounts of EXP, and in 8, there are quite a few big enemies you can find. But VII, just doesn't really have any powerful enemies that you can go level up with. Any ideas?

Hamster Weapon
    Well if you wanna be cheap you can use the W-Item materia to dupe 99 Elixers and go into the watery area of Nothern Crater where the Magic Pot enemies are.

Feed it/them 1 Elixer each, then kill'em. Best EXP and AP in the game imo.
    And with the item dupe, you'll have infinite Elixers, so you can train there forever.
    (To make it faster use the Exit materia. Exit give the spells Escape and Remove, I use Escape to leave any battles w/out Magic Pots, and I use Remove to kill Magic Pots instantly(after the Elixer feeding of course))

NOW! If you DONT wanna be cheap go ahead and train on anything in Northern Crater. All monsters there give good exp.

Hope this helps ^_^b
    Last edited by Hamster Weapon; 08-31-2009 at 01:42 PM.

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Locke4God's Avatar
    wow, that's a super crazy idea. Where did you think of this? I don't know that I ever used W-item at all for anything. So, you just place it on a weapon and you can duplicate items?

Hamster Weapon
    Well, the item dupe wasn't found by me, but I came up with the Magic Pot training by myself. Of course other people most likely have done that before me.

ANYWAY, to do the Item dupe, go into battle and use W-Item, select your first item and use it on whoever, THEN when you choose your second item, instead of choosing a person to use it on, press the Cancel button.
    You should then notice that the item's count went up by 1. Continue selecting your second item, then pressing Cancel, and in no time you'll have 99 of that item.
    This only works for consumable items of course, i.e. Elixer, Megalixer, etc.

have fun

i have ears :) Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Full Life's Avatar
    i would say to lvl on ff 8 go to island closest to HELL!

i have ears :) Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Full Life's Avatar
    for 7 i would say go in the north cave

Crash Boom Bang Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Lily's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Weapon View Post
    Well if you wanna be cheap you can use the W-Item materia to dupe 99 Elixers and go into the watery area of Nothern Crater where the Magic Pot enemies are.

Feed it/them 1 Elixer each, then kill'em. Best EXP and AP in the game imo.
    And with the item dupe, you'll have infinite Elixers, so you can train there forever.
    (To make it faster use the Exit materia. Exit give the spells Escape and Remove, I use Escape to leave any battles w/out Magic Pots, and I use Remove to kill Magic Pots instantly(after the Elixer feeding of course))

NOW! If you DONT wanna be cheap go ahead and train on anything in Northern Crater. All monsters there give good exp.

Hope this helps ^_^b
    To add to that, if you equip double/triple growth armour and weapons your materia will master at the speed of light. Magic pots give good AP aswel as exp and the movers although give no EXP give a ridiculous amount of AP

Also, be careful with that glitch, I discovered that if you press cancel instead of circle you LOSE items rather than gain them... >_>

The Quiet One Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is also another way. Though I did use the Magic Pots after while. You just need to find the Cactaur's island. I can't remember where it is, but if you've played any FF game with Cactaurs you should be aware of how good the exp they give for the effort you need to expend. They are generally the best exp for effort without cheating, though they do run away and have high evasion. But its good exp.

I thought that there was a place when one of the weapons blows up and creates access to a new area post-game that had pretty good monsters too kill as well. It's been several years since I've played FFVII post-game. So my memory isn't good.

Cactaurs and Magic Pots are indeed the way to go.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Crash Boom Bang Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Lily's Avatar
    The forgotten Forest I think, near Cosmo Canyon.

There's also the crashed gelnika, before I discovered the magic pots I used to train in there, you get fairly decent AP/EXP. Painfully boring though. You can also morph the monsters in there for various 'sources' if you feel like giving your stats that extra boost that way

Blog Entries
    Ohh, Andro I believe you're talking about the one jungle that you can access after killing off Ultima Weapon. I forgot what's called as well, lol, but I do know that you can access it earlier if you can get a Green (chocobo). The monsters really aren't all that great in exp (espeically if you're level 70+), but if you can get through the puzzle part of the jungle you can get some pretty nifty gear, so it's worth visiting there. Double kudos if you get there before disc 3.

But yeah, go with the magic pots method, or if you don't have W-Item for some strange reason, then the cactuar island works. Just make sure you have the Pre-emptive materia before visiting there so you can get as many attacks off as you can. Having slash-all or double/4x cut helps too.

EDIT: Crashed Gelnika! That's a great spot as well, just be very careful there because the unknowns can mess you up very quickly and love to abuse the status effects. But the source-morphing powers are more than worth it, imo.
    Last edited by Rocky; 08-31-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

usually either train at Northern crater, in the mythical yellow colored area where you can find the Shield materia. If you use W-Item you can stock up on Ether/Elixer ( can't remember which one.) and when you encounter the magic pot you will gain 1000/2000 AP depending on if there are one or two of them.(equiping double or triple weapons and armor helps a lot.) The enemy that gives a lot of experience I think, looks like three purple/ pink dots( that bounce) in that same area.

I also train in the area just before you enter the forgotten city ( with the Big log) and cactuar Island, which I think is somewhere off the edge of the world map.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I trained my characters from 80-99 in the Northern Crator, really far in, but do not go past the point of no return. It took me a while, but you can get some decent experience. I'm not sure if this IS the best place to get experience, but it worked out well for me, even if it was time-consuming. Level 99 characters was worth it.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Death Before Dishonor Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I honestly can't remember what they're called cause its been two years since ive played FF VII but in Northern Cave theres little things that looks like fireballs you get quite a bit of EXP for killing them..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Rnin's Avatar
    Training in North Crater will help. Tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke_Hellsing View Post
    I honestly can't remember what they're called cause its been two years since ive played FF VII but in Northern Cave theres little things that looks like fireballs you get quite a bit of EXP for killing them..
    magic pots give best xp

the bouncing balls give best ap

both found in swamp in northern crater

OT: Hey Andro, think you could do some moderating here? or does that only happen when your arsed ? Sooooo much spam

i lieks teh xp in cr8ter

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70? WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    Mideel Right next to where Cloud fell into the Lifestream much better than North Crater

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonDean1990 View Post
    Mideel Right next to where Cloud fell into the Lifestream much better than North Crater

Sorry but your wrong, how did you even think mideel was better? the sunken ship is miles better than mideel and north crater is miles better than the sunken ship

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70?
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Sorry but your wrong, how did you even think mideel was better? the sunken ship is miles better than mideel and north crater is miles better than the sunken ship
    Well, I'm not an expert on the subject, but I found that the Mideel area was great for getting a lot of AP to level up your materia, since the enemies were easy and gave out pretty good AP when you defeated them. That's how I played anyway. I equipped weapons that had double or triple AP growth, and went to town on those baddies.

But since this thead is about getting EXP and not AP, I'll have to agree with you about the crashed Gelnika (which is a plane btw. Why are people saying "ship"? ) and the Northern Crater. I personally favor the NC over the Gelnika.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The orange bouncing balls gave like 2400 AP per kill, its the best place for AP (Fact)

The gelinkia is an air-ship

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70?
    Sorry to keep pushing the subject, but I had a hard time getting the Movers (the orange ball things) to appear as much. Yeah, I know that they give out a lot of AP when you actually find one (or three) and defeat it, but for the amount of time it took to do so, I found it was easier just to hang out in Mideel and fight those Head Hunter monsters or Spiral monsters in the grassy areas. Also, when I got tired of doing that, I could hop on the Highwind and jet out of there with ease, instead of having to backtrack up the NC to get somewhere else. (opinion)

I understand what works for me does not necessarily work for others, but that's how I played it.

I always thought the Highwind was the only thing considered an airship in the game, that's why it was special. I figured the rest were just airplanes, like The Tiny Bronco is just an airplane, and the Gelnika was a transport airplane. I guess it's just like saying Po-tay-tow and Pah-tah-tow when you say potato. It's all pretty much the same thing.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 12-12-2009 at 01:39 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

It did take a little while to get the Movers to appear, but I found it easier because the Magic Pots are in the same area, there aren't that many types of monsters in that area so the odds of getting either a Magic Pot or the Movers wasn't that bad (for me)

As for the Gelnika, I have seen some places where it is referred to as a plane, and some where it's "arirship" they both fly.....meh
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 12-12-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

If your just after AP then yeah it might be best to go for the quick small AP kills, but if your looking to level both xp and AP which is the most likely then crater is still best for xp/ap income.

And im pretty sure the random mobs in crater still give more ap than mideel area anyway.

mideel would only be best for the early part of the game on disc1.

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Getting Experience Points after Level 70?

In FFVII the best place to level up after Lv.70 is the Northern Crater.
    The Magic Pots and the red dots give a lot of AP and EXP so it's good to hang there a bit too.
    The second one is the Gelnika,it's good for sources also.

The fastest way to level up in FFX is through Master Tonberry.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 02-24-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70? WilsonDean1990's Avatar

Yeah but they take a while to kill if you mid 60's just in 70's, plus the enimes in the Gelnika take out a lot of hp. You might not get loads experience in one go from training in mideel but its a good place to easliy kill enemies and get a decent amount of ap and exp, but you would be in quite a few battles

What i did was, put my laptop on and watch somthing on there whilst running about and just press x, didn't even have to watch the screen lol
    Last edited by WilsonDean1990; 02-24-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

Registered User Getting Experience Points after Level 70? Zidane77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonDean1990 View Post
    Yeah but they take a while to kill if you mid 60's just in 70's, plus the enimes in the Gelnika take out a lot of hp. You might not get loads experience in one go from training in mideel but its a good place to easliy kill enemies and get a decent amount of ap and exp, but you would be in quite a few battles

What i did was, put my laptop on and watch somthing on there whilst running about and just press x, didn't even have to watch the screen lol
    I had no problem with the Gelnika at Lv.60.
    Especially the hall between the entrance and where Hades is found, there are multiple enemies that are easily killed with Demi3 and morph-all, even on low level.

It also helps to have blu-magic like Laser and Mighty Guard for the other enemies.
    It takes a lot of time to level up in Mideel after Lv.70 so i really don't recommend that, comparing with the faster ways
    Last edited by Zidane77; 02-24-2010 at 02:57 AM.

I remember trying to train in the Gelnika but I don't think it was doing justice for me, took me much longer than training in that surreal area at the bottom of Northern Carter.. I also remember lots of status effects which is annoying. If I'm training I usually want some place that doesn't have annoying monsters meaning ones that don't take years to cast slow magic spells and ones that don't do status effects all day. Yeah, I had Ribbons and stuff but it was still annoying.

I still recommend the area in NC with the magic pots, and since it's further in you get to train on the way down.

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

Che

Why the **** are you leveling past 70 in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Why the **** are you leveling past 70 in the first place?
    Because I'm gamer nerd and I have to max everyone out

Ta DA!!!:

From The Clint Eastwood

So i could have a good chance against Ruby/Emerald Weapon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast