Thread: FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design

Falsate

FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design

Well, I just registered and I'm hoping to spread my YouTube Video actually. I've been around quite a few sites, but not enough apparently.

Anyway, I've made a Remake Menu/Battle Design for FFVII so:
    YouTube - FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE MENU

Registered User FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design
    Hey, that was pretty cool! To me, it looked like something that SE would have put in one of thier games. If you would have told me it was an actual demonstration of the Battle Menu/Design for a remake of FF VII, I probably would have believed you.

I particularly enjoyed the part when Cloud activated his limit break against Sephiroth, but the damage dealt registered "0" or "Miss". Great stuff, that.

The stars in the Materia screen look a little weird to me, but that's just me being picky. I thought it was really well-made overall. It probably took a good deal of time to get just right too.

I gave your video five stars, btw.

Posted by Falsate
    I've been around quite a few sites, but not enough apparently.
    What sort of feedback are you looking for from all these sites?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Falsate
    Just how people felt about the video itself. Thanks for stopping by and rating it.

Re: FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design

Enjoyed it mate, looked like an actual game.

genesizz257

dude o.o S.E need to employ you i would be more than happy with that as the menu xD

Paladin FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Voltaire Adams's Avatar

That's pretty much exactly what they would need to make to live up to the hype.

Also welcome to the forum. I hope you're here for more then just this.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

SeeD Instructor FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design theblackmonster's Avatar

awesome job.

genesizz257

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what they would need to make to live up to the hype.

Also welcome to the forum. I hope you're here for more then just this.
    ahah thanks ive been here for like 4 months just never been around really spend most of my time on ffxivcore

Dragoon FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

That was extremely impressive, gotta say I wasn't hopeful for it but, very good. As for instructive critisism, like Dodie16 mentioned before the materia growth stars are a little out of place, I think a simple shaped star and perhaps a little smaller also. 10/10
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

Paladin FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Voltaire Adams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genesizz257 View Post
    ahah thanks ive been here for like 4 months just never been around really spend most of my time on ffxivcore
    oops...sorry. I was talking to Falsate, the guy who started the thread. This thread was his first post so I just said that because some people do that just to promote something and then leave. I hope that's not the case.

But I hope you post more often too.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

FF7 is a game that deserves this kind of quality. and we deserve to have such quality for all the hours we've put into it.

Memento Rhapso FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNING_71013 View Post
    FF7 is a game that deserves this kind of quality. and we deserve to have such quality for all the hours we've put into it.
    I concur, and if they make a remake off FFVII maybe they can use this as a template for it

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Rune Knight FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Trodorne's Avatar

i don't know about all of you but if they do remake it i hope there is more chocobo types to breed into, like red, purple and all the other colors that were at the races.

Firstly, The Menu looks absolutely amazing mate. Well done. But in some ways i wish people would stop doing things like this. We all know deep down that Square Enix will never remake FFVII. We are just torturing ourselves. Square Enix seem intent on Dumbing down their FF games to the point of embarissment.

So much so that i wouldn't even class FFXIII as an actual FF game. It's pretty soul destroying IMO.

I'll still finish XIII when i have nothing else to play. But i will imediatley clense mysely by replaying VII of X for the Thousandth time.

I'll believe that there will be a FFVII remake at the same time i see Shenmue 3 released. It just isn't going to happen. People are to busy playig Shite like COD and EA sports games. There is no imagination amongst todays semi braindead/brainwashed youth.

At least not here in Britain

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Interesting, I Think I Saw Something Like This At Home Sometime A While Ago. I'll Deffenitly Check It Out As Soon As I Can.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

The Lone Dagger FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Xithor's Avatar

That looked really great Falsate, you should def go into digital design or something. Made it all with Photoshop or another program?

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

Quote Originally Posted by TheBusterSword View Post
    Firstly, The Menu looks absolutely amazing mate. Well done. But in some ways i wish people would stop doing things like this. We all know deep down that Square Enix will never remake FFVII. We are just torturing ourselves. Square Enix seem intent on Dumbing down their FF games to the point of embarissment.

There is no imagination amongst todays semi braindead/brainwashed youth.

At least not here in Britain
    I agree with everything that TheBusterSword said also at the same time I'm gonna have to agree with Dodie16 and TigermusiQ about the stars in the menu they just look funky with the tops being shaved off maybe you could lighten the color a bit so that it would be more discernable from the background. Plus they have a kind of bubble look to them. Overall though the whole video is awesome, mad props and standing applause to your work.

To TheBusterSword: It's the same here in America too man. Not enough fukkin originality. Even the non-conformists conform. I believe it's called Emo tho.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

Falsate

Much of this is based on Final Fantasy XIII which credits Advent Children in return for its Battle System: YouTube - FINAL FANTASY VII BATTLE REMAKE

Version 2.

Learner FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design CloudTide's Avatar

that was pretty epic but since i've seen AC twice i noticed right off the bat that it was a seen from the movie
    but it was still good
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Johnny Boy FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Johnny's Avatar
    Born in Los Angeles. Traveled/squated millions of places in the U.S. Now housed up in Vernon,BC

Damn, that was badass, shit, it took me a min. to realize it was a scene out of AC. good job

The Lone Dagger FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Xithor's Avatar

Great battle there, that might be what the battle system would be like if they were to remake it, based on FF XIII unless they wanted to keep the original battle system which also would be plausible.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Falsate

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7040/uileviathan.jpg

UI over the movie. The bottom part is intended to resemble the Lifestream.

The Mad God FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Heartless Angel's Avatar

I'd hate to see the combat system turned into XIII's. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing actions like the clip going on without commands being issues, but having it always be blocks or misses and crap like that until a command is actually given. As long as it PLAYS the same, I don't care how it looks.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Falsate

I disagree especially after having played XIII. We're bound to find an upgraded system that's streamlined and after playing Final Fantasy XIII, the experience with each individual may vary playing older titles, but it may be jaded. Final Fantasy XIII's Battle System was heavily influenced by Advent Children's battle sequences to begin with and if there is any remake, we should have action sequences akin to those in the film.

And about the 'blocks' and 'misses', I'd rather know exactly what was the cause of a '0' rather than see it bluntly.
    Last edited by Falsate; 06-08-2010 at 06:23 PM.

The Mad God FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Heartless Angel's Avatar

I'll take the classic system over XIII's any day of the week. It worked fine for XIII, but I'd call it heresy to make VII play that way.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Falsate

Yo! As always, this isn't me personally yearning for a Final Fantasy VII remake nor wish for it to adapt Final Fantasy XIII's Battle System.

My new video (which only shows the concept) takes a look at how an updated Battle System for a Final Fantasy VII remake would be like with FFXIII's Command system: YouTube - FINAL FANTASY VII Battle

It was simply an HUD over a Clip, but the Clip could not be uploaded due to a copyright claim.

The British Guy. FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The menu and the battle system both look very genuine. although i do prefer the classic turn-based battle system used in the original FFVII mainly becuase a character in FFXIII would be moving and then an attack from an opponent would be intented for one person then it would cause damage to two characters if they stand close enough together and that annoyed me lots.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Registered User FInal Fantasy VII Remake Design Zidane77's Avatar

Wow that was really well done though, u should work for a video game company.