Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!!

Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!!

So apparently, from what I hear the newest Japanese magazine leak confirms a new FFVII spinoff called for the DS. Won't really know until the Famitsu scans show up in a couple days.

In case you think this is an AFJ thought up by me. I actually heard it from a reliable friend, she'll be able to provide scans when she gets her issue of Famitsu in a couple days.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Registered User Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!!

re: Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!!

Nope. This is news to me. Do you think it might be a port of the cell phone game Before Crisis? That's my guess, but then again, why would they do that when cell phone games are pretty popular in Japan? *shrugs*

Can't wait to see the screenshots.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Nope. This is news to me. Do you think it might be a port of the cell phone game Before Crisis? That's my guess, but then again, why would they do that when cell phone games are pretty popular in Japan? *shrugs*

Can't wait to see the screenshots.
    Because quite possibly, the Nintendo DS is even more popular.

I have not heard anything but will be off to search the interwebz of any bits of information lying about. With it being on the DS I could see the game starting off Denzel's story in the Final Fantasy VII universe since in one of the released products of the expanded universe said that Cloud's story was done ( ) and Denzel was to take up the charge. Denzel to me has very little connection to the events of the past with Sephiroth or the Genesis arc; Cloud has the connection and should continue but oh well.

This was all speculation and dependant on the fact that Square Enix was indeed creating a new Final Fantasy VII spinoff.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Yeah no idea what it could be, I know there was plans for a PSP port of Before Crisis that never happened, maybe they thought DS was the better choice. It wasn't exactly top of the line graphics. It looked like the Ace Attorney Investigations game.

Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Ragtime's Avatar

Wow, this sounds great! I wonder what it's gonna be like. My guess is that it's gonna be an action rpg (or possibly a stragegy game like Revenant Wings). This gives me a reason to find my DS again. I can't wait for the scans!

Registered User Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Zidane77's Avatar

I hope it's Before Crisis for DS

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Treize's Avatar

Square Enix should just stop with all this FFVII milking. The only thing that I would accept would be a full on remake. They should just decide if they are willing to remake the game or not, and be done with it.

I don't understand why there needs to be several other games to tell what happened before or after the game either. I thought the game was enough and explained things well enough.

I would not be interested in playing this supposed game, especially if it is for the DS.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

You know Cain, if anyone but you had posted this I would have called bullshit right away.
    As it stands I believe it and am already shaking my head...

Still I guess there's a chance it might be another Crisis Core which wasn't half bad...
    victoria aut mors

HRH Albha Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    You know Cain, if anyone but you had posted this I would have called bullshit right away.
    E-even me?

Although I think everything said about FFVII needs to be taken with a pinch-of-salt nowadays. Not to mention tomorrow is April the 1st, so we do have our suspicions...

I really want this to be a port of something, like Before Crisis or the original, because every new game seems to butcher the story so much so that I ignore what they say. Like that deepground crap.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ Iżsıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

so do you know if i can download it onto my R4 FLASHCARD for the DS? or if i have to actually buy the game?

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNING_71013 View Post
    so do you know if i can download it onto my R4 FLASHCARD for the DS? or if i have to actually buy the game?
    piracy is so not cool, dude

Anyway, it's HERE!

FFVII Remake

-New Battle System like the previous DS FFs
    -Aerith's death will be CG along with other scenes
    -Cloud cries when Aerith dies
    -New music, the songs are "The Tables Have Turned" and "Till Death Do Us
    Part" that will be sampled at E3
    -No more date mechanics, Aerith's date is going to be used
    -It was hard to get the rights to do this and that's one reason they
    didn't announce it sooner
    -Cloud and Tifa's scene in the lifestream will have more emotion
    -It seems to be called "The Earth's Cries" (EC, lol)
    -The interview seems to be out of order (??)
    -The reason they didn't do a PS3 one was because it'd be too much work and
    it might ruin the "classic" feel.
    -The DSi will have a special version"

OMG! They finally did it! 0_0

I can imagine the PS3 fanboys and graphic whores are disappointed though

Registered User Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!!

Well, I guess this thread doesn't seem so silly anymore:

Should FF VII be re-made for the DS?

I'll have to soak this in for a minute before I give a full opinion. I am in utter shock right now. No lie.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

It's amazing how fast time flies Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Quexinos's Avatar

-Cloud cries when Aerith dies
    -New music, the songs are "The Tables Have Turned" and "Till Death Do Us
    Part
    " that will be sampled at E3
    -No more date mechanics, Aerith's date is going to be used
    oh christ... the Cleriths and what they're gonna do with this >_<

Okay I don't normally post anywhere but the LTD thread... just two things.

1. The other day I made a thread at TLS as a joke saying we were due for another FFVII remake rumor and someone posted in there and said his friend was "going on about a DS remake"... I thought he was kidding but... now I'm starting to wonder.

2. I want to see some actual SCANS of those pictures before I believe it completely. Actual scans with actual Japanese text that a translator can assure me this isn't a joke.

Not trying to be a bitch but can your source get some actual scans?
    Quexinos
    I'll keep getting back up because I don't want to lose something precious to the future I believe in. - One Piece, One Day (English translation)

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cain is reliable. He'd have sniffed the joke of this out before it was put infront of him if it was.

I was actually looking forward to a PS3 remake. I'm not a graphics whore, but the DS =/= PSOne graphics. If I decide to get this game, I'll just be buying it for the improvements of certain scenes. Anywho, I guess it's good news.

And for ****s sake, I should have got the DSi. ><

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Zargabaath's Avatar

Has Square Enix been afflicted from madness of C'thulu?!?!

Where is a Final Fantasy V DS remake?! Gilgamesh demands it!

Well Unknown Entity, the battles may not look as good on the DS, but the field graphics will be better - the character models won't have Popeye Syndrome. This news is quite shocking and I did not expect this - I would've preferred that they continue/finish up the FFVII universe.

!!!!

Something just stroke my mind - the translation will be better! At least I hope they update the translation and perhaps add some new scenes. This is now turning out to be very good, very good indeed.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I feel epic... Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

I don't care how it looks, how it plays, or even if it sells good. If it has Sephiroth, I will purchase it.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

It's amazing how fast time flies Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Quexinos's Avatar

Okay I'll take your guy's word for it. I didn't mean to sound so cynical

I just wanted to be sure... shouldn't this be like pinned or something?
    Quexinos
    I'll keep getting back up because I don't want to lose something precious to the future I believe in. - One Piece, One Day (English translation)

Okay guys got a couple scans. I like how they;ve redone the models to look like FFIII and IV DS

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4665/magscan1.jpg
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5481/magscan3.jpg

I just wanted to be sure... shouldn't this be like pinned or something?
    It's okay, there'll be enough discussion to keep it at the top.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Well it's hit several other sites now, so on the offchance it's an April Fool's joke it's a group effort.

Supposed game screenshots below:
    Final Fantasy VII Heading to Nintendo DS at C3 News
    victoria aut mors

Wow those magazine scans are awesome...

Seems to have conflicting info with the other article though... but that's two sources saying it's for the DS and both say Famitsu so I'm convinced now...

EDIT:
    I think the article posted might not be real or it has prototype shots... I believe the magazine scans because they have an actual DS model in them but... yeah I dunno here XD but yeah two sites reporting it is awesome.

EDIT 2
    Wait maybe the magazine scan is the DSi one

EDIT 3
    Okay so I think that article is fake but the other one is real. I think it's just bad timing.. the article has the tag "afd" for April Fools day
    Last edited by Quexinos; 04-01-2010 at 02:01 AM.
    Quexinos

if you are correct about this whole DS business then that means i need to buy my psp and ps3 back and get a new DS, im currently limited to Xbox360 and P.c.

Final fantasy is not cost effective lol but i dont care, i do hope however that it is a version of before crisis

Oops, looks like there was one scan missing, here it is

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/15/magscan2.jpg

Shows the new logo

That new add-on to the title - The Earth Cries - isn't sexy, cool, or worthy of being a slave for C'thulu. While the timing of this information being released (or leaked) is suspicious, I'll take it as being true. They should've kept the title the same, just good ol' Final Fantasy VII. C'mon they didn't add anything to Final Fantasy III or Final Fantasy IV so why do it with Final Fantasy VII. I also see the year, 2011, is that a possible release date??

I feel epic... Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Ralz's Avatar

I wonder if this has been proven as a fabrication, yet... I'll keep my suspicions plentiful.

Oh, BTW, SEPHIROTH!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Classic story teller Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! vann 122's Avatar

this would prove also that SQUARE ENIX CAN DO ANYTHING.
    Don't judge me, just because what I like!

Alright time to come forward. This one was mine guys, it's an April Fools joke. Worked my ass off on it too...

I thought people would get a kick out of it and looks like some people with a sense of humor sure did. Thanks for being good sports guys ^_^

CREDITS:
    The DS Cloud was done by a talented fellow named Jalechah. The Midgar belongs to Noen Garuth. There IS an actual Japanese interview in the text but... looks like no one looked that close. The interview was translated by Makoto Miyoshi, Mayu Sota and Ken Suzuki.. and some text came from my friend Demon Rin. Special thanks to those who supported me. A few more people helped with things here and there but wished to remain anonymous, thanks guys.

Now a few things.
    I did have a friend of mine draw a something for this:
    Commission: Cloud by ~joshyartist on deviantART
    But we felt it didn't quite fit in with anything. But it's uber cute and I love it, thanks Josh
    There are also other DS Cloud poses if you want to see them...

Although I was expecting people might be pissed to find out they'd been fooled I was surprised that people were pissed that someone even tried such a prank. I guess a remake of FFVII is a bit overdone, but it's not my fault Square wouldn't STFU about it I guess AFD will always be different to me. It's the one day where you can basically get away with being a total idiot and no one can blame you

Well here's hoping your guy's April Fools did better than mine.
    Last edited by Quexinos; 04-02-2010 at 01:27 AM.
    Quexinos

Of course I was one of the guys who helped out. I'm usually one of those guys who doesn't care for April Fool's jokes, but I know Quexinos from another board and was happy to help out.

Really sorry to those who actually believed it though ;_;

*activates normal mode*

As I suspected. Looked too cheap and underbudget to be real.

Sneaky stuff, I must say, Cain! I had my suspicions, but a small piece of me was convinced for a moment there. Then again, that same piece was also convinced by Lightning in Dissidia. (You know what they say about the "fool me once..." thing...)

Click THERE:
    TFF Family:

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Final Fantasy VII DS? It's an April Fool's Joke guys!! Treize's Avatar

This was a pretty good April Fool's joke. I have to admit that I was fooled because Cain is the one who posted this, and it was posted before April 1st. I think if anyone else posted this, I word have been pretty leery, but Cain just seems like a reliable guy, I guess.

This was probably the best April Fool's joke I saw all day, if that is any compliment. =/
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

heh considering some of the other reactions I got, that does mean a lot, thanks
    Quexinos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast