Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G)

Memento Rhapso The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G)

Hello Crisis Core friends and fiends, the thread I'm placing is a debate: Which of the three (Sephiroth, Genesis, or Angeal) is the greatest? Feel free to elaborate and defend your opinion as extensively as you like. My avatar should be my opinion give away, but I'll defend it if this thread actually starts up. Have at it!

Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Ouch *-590 HP!*
    Uhh this thread is to discuss the greatest characters EVAH! Not to assault the noobs leading them. So, insults or go on topic? Your choice

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    Ouch *-590 HP!*
    *Overkill* you don't even have 590 HP.

To answer the question, I pick Sephiroth number one, Genesis number two. I thought Angel was lame.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 12-22-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G)
    Also, Loaf wasn't assaulting you. He was telling you where this thread should have went. TFF tries to keep things in order, so it would be easier for all the forum-goers.

As for me, I'm a Sephiroth fan. Always have been since FF VII was released. As for the other two, I don't really care for 'em. Genesis was a bit too pretentious for my liking and Angeal didn't have enough character developement for me to care about him. It was cute that he was Zack's mentor though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries
    On the overkill: Precisely! This is why noobs are off limits to high level attacks... usually
    On topic: Angeal had his likeable qualities, and he founded the buster sword chain. Why Sephiroth? He's just a pampered lap dog that changes to a maniac with a mother complex

Blog Entries
    Pardon the mistake, paranoia is one of my many flaws. Er, concerning moving this however, I've no clue what to do. First day and actually just figured out how to make a thread and reply properly... Sorry again!

Just report the thread and a mod will move it for you. Go to your first post and hit the icon that has an exclamation point (!). Another screen will pop up and asks you what you're reporting the post for. Just type in something like "Thread is in wrong forum category. Will you please move it to the correct one?"

As for the topic and in defense of Sephiroth, Genesis was jealous of Sephiroth's fame, and he had weird obsession with that Loveless poem. Oh, and as for being a 'pampered lap-dog', Sephiroth was not. GENESIS had the good life of being the son of the wealtiest family in Banora. This wasn't enough for him, because he wanted to what Sephiroth had: Which was world-renowned glory as being the best warrior. He even says so himself when you read the news article found when you head back into Banora near the final part of the game.

As for Angeal, he did have likable qualities, but he just didn't have enough screentime to be a really effective character for me. He seemed to flip-flop a lot too between helping Zack and totally being an ass to him.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Blog Entries
    *Genesis Defense (5 MP) Was shattered!*
    Rhapsoblarg has fled Battle*
    I've things to do, farewell
    Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return

SOLDIER 3rd Class The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Copperfire's Avatar

Re: The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G)

I like all three of them...

But for different reasons.

I like the pre-psycho Sephiroth for his intelligence and fighting skills, I like Angeal for his amiable nature and strength of his moral fiber, and I like Genesis because of his playfulness and rebelliousness (he'd be my partner in crime ).

Seems silly. I like them for other reasons too (those are the major reasons), and there's things I don't like about each of them as well. But I decided to focus more on the positive right now.

Do the elements trust you? The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) bahamuts heir's Avatar

Angeal for his honor but I wish he wasn't suicidal in having Zack kill him and he needs more screentime
    before Genova(ff7 has g for evil not good g-good e-evil it's backwards!) sephy was really cool but seemed to be a bit of an ass to Zack you know all the 1st class are his friends yet they are all asses to him.
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

The Mad God The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Heartless Angel's Avatar

All 3 were badass. As a protagonist, Angeal was cooler than Sephiroth as a hero, or genesis as a whiner who acted like Kuja <.<

As villains, Sephiorth reigns supreme. Never before 7 had I ever LIKED a villain. All through the game, I was hoping he'd win and demolish me, he was just that epic.

Genesis, has a cool storyline to go with him, had some cool lines, but as a character, I just didn't like him all that much.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Posted by Heartless Angel
    As villains, Sephiroth reigns supreme. Never before 7 had I ever LIKED a villain. All through the game, I was hoping he'd win and demolish me, he was just that epic.
    Haha! You sound like me. I did that in both Crisis Core and in the original Final Fantasy VII.

In Crisis Core, when you lose to Seph on the part where your trying not to get knocked of the bridge, you see a little extra cutscene of Seph looking down at where Zack fell and he slowly turns and walks away. Awesome.

In Final Fantasy VII when I first played it, I tried everything to get Seph to win in that final confrontation with Cloud, but it was no use. When Cloud is attacked, he just counters. I think it should have been a full final battle, one on one against Seph, but it was still epic. When Seph dissolved into the Lifestream, I was like "Noooooooo!!!!! I wanted Sephiroth to win!!!"

Hehe...
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

The Mad God The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Heartless Angel's Avatar

Ah well; he'll never become a memory.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I would explode to save your life~ The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) SeaAlchemist's Avatar

The only one I really like out of three is Angeal >.< Genesis is ok(I don;t like him but I don't hate him)but Sephiroth he just plain annoys me >.<.

Blog Entries

I couldn't stop laughing at Sephy when he was talking to "Mother" lol MY MOMMAY IS AN ALIUM AND I WUV HER SO! why do people like sephiroth so much?

Outside of being obsessed with his "mother's" corpse he's a pretty kickass character. He was revolutionary in video game evil. But really, he isn't totally sane, his whole perception of reality was ****ed up by the discovery that he was an experiment. And really, how many good villains have NOT been insane?

Blog Entries

*counts fingers* uhh. . . *checks numbers*. . . mumble. . . carry the three. . . . . . MASTAR COMPUTOR from tron, lol, but Genesis wasn't insane and technically he's a villain

Well, he's nuts too, just in a different way. Not so much delusional as Sociopathic. A certain obsession with being the center of everything, and his discovery that he was going to degrade into nothingness is what shaped his "evil".

Do the elements trust you? The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Outside of being obsessed with his "mother's" corpse he's a pretty kickass character. He was revolutionary in video game evil. But really, he isn't totally sane, his whole perception of reality was ****ed up by the discovery that he was an experiment. And really, how many good villains have NOT been insane?
    Kuja is not insane and is not whiny! I am a large fan of zidane and kuja so please don't diss him.

cuz I'm bored
    me
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

^ I don't think that Heartless Angel was dissing Kuja. That was just a general statement. As for Kuja, he did go a bit "insane" (for lack of a better word) when he found out that he had a limit on his life, and that's why he destroyed Terra in that fit of rage.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Kuja went insane towards the end lol. But, that's really not a BAD thing. Just about all interesting villains were at least a little bit crazy.

Blog Entries

Good point heartless angel, but I still don't quite see him as insane so much as misjudged

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    ^ I don't think that Heartless Angel was dissing Kuja. That was just a general statement. As for Kuja, he did go a bit "insane" (for lack of a better word) when he found out that he had a limit on his life, and that's why he destroyed Terra in that fit of rage.
    He was pissy yes
    butt in dissing I meant the whiney part from an earlier post(KUJA IS NOT WHINEY, he is EPIC) and thank you rhapsoblarg
    Last edited by bahamuts heir; 03-03-2010 at 05:12 PM.

cuz I'm bored
    me

Registered User The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) TheLastAdventAuron's Avatar

Squidy McFat Lord! You better know whom I choose and it isn't any of the three! (Think back to your countless losses in Dissidia! lol)

Blog Entries

Cloud?! This is Faggetry!

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Sephiroth was the best of the 3. Angeal needed more time to get to know. He was given nowhere near enough time in the game. Genesis was cool, but the same goes for him. He needs to be given more time to get to know before you can find more reasons to like. Granted, you find more out about Genesis than Angeal, but they both need more screentime.

Sephiroth is already a well established character, and his back story is more complex than some. Personally, he is one of my favourites in the FF universe. Some people think he is overrated, but I still like him.

So overall, Sephy is better. Still like the other two though.

Registered User The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Zidane77's Avatar

Definetly Sephiroth but Genesis had a grip on him in some ways..
    Last edited by Zidane77; 03-17-2010 at 02:37 AM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Xanatos's Avatar

Honestly I don't like neither one of them, I always though of Sephiroth as one of the lamest villains in the Final Fantasy franchise not that Genesis is any better. Genesis was getting on my nerves whenever he would recite a part of Loveless, which means always. He seemed to repeat himself constantly and not to mention that fighting him was a pure joke, something similar to the fight with Sephiroth. Angeal wasn't that bad, he had few memorable lines but that's about it, always speaking of honor but rarely would he stick to it, strong on words nothing more.

Speaking of strength, it was clear that Angeal wasn't in the same rank as Genesis and Sephiroth. Both of them are supposed to have a tremendous power, which apparently they don't want to show when you fight against them. Sephiroth was the worst, a man with "Godlike" power constantly loosing to some "punks", and than the fans say that he doesn't want to unleash his full strength, I guess he like to be beaten.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 03-13-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Not going to try to change your opinion about any character that you find less than desirable Xan, but I do feel the need to defend one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by Xanatos
    and than the fans say that he doesn't want to unleash his full strength, I guess he like to be beaten.
    No. That's what the creators say, and since they're in charge of the story, I would take their word for it.

Quote from Yoshinori Kitase
    Sephiroth's existence and will is extremely powerful. There is nothing stronger, nothing above him.
    Now, as for Cloud and Co. defeating him, that's just how it has to happen. He's an antagonist, and Cloud and Co. are the "heroes". It wouldn't make for a very good ending to the story (for some people) if Seph had been victorious. He also falls victim to his own arrogance and pride, which was his downfall in AC/ACC. Cloud could barely hold his own during that fight, and it was only when Seph pushed him to his limit that he was able to take him down.

I don't care if you think he's the worst villain in FF, because I don't think he is meant to truly be "villainous". I think he is a rather good antagonist though, and yes, I believe there is a difference between the two.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast