Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G)

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Xanatos's Avatar

Re: The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G)

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    No. That's what the creators say, and since they're in charge of the story, I would take their word for it.
    My bad, I knew someone mentioned that but I forgot who exactly.

Now, as for Cloud and Co. defeating him, that's just how it has to happen. He's an antagonist, and Cloud and Co. are the "heroes". It wouldn't make for a very good ending to the story (for some people) if Seph had been victorious. He also falls victim to his own arrogance and pride, which was his downfall in AC/ACC. Cloud could barely hold his own during that fight, and it was only when Seph pushed him to his limit that he was able to take him down.

I don't care if you think he's the worst villain in FF, because I don't think he is meant to truly be "villainous". I think he is a rather good antagonist though, and yes, I believe there is a difference between the two.
    No disrespect Dodie, but how stupid you need to bee to fall for the same trick three times. Not just Sephiroth, many villains underestimate their opponents, you can say that they actually play with them but Sephiroth managed to be beaten three times solely because he underestimated his opponent, the sad thing is that he underestimated the same guy every time. And that's the reason I think he's a lame villain, you would think that he would learn his leason after he burn himself once, hell even twice, that's no arrogance Dodie's that's just being stupid.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Mad God The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Heartless Angel's Avatar

Again, it's because they're the heroes. The game wouldn't really continue if Sephiroth had just slashed Cloud to ribbons, which he should've... Overconfidence and leaving the hero for dead rather than finishing the job are two major flaws in almost all villains. That and monolouging... STFU AND STAB SOMEBODY FFS!
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    Again, it's because they're the heroes. The game wouldn't really continue if Sephiroth had just slashed Cloud to ribbons, which he should've... Overconfidence and leaving the hero for dead rather than finishing the job are two major flaws in almost all villains. That and monolouging... STFU AND STAB SOMEBODY FFS!
    It's true that villains usually fall because of their mistakes but in the end they fall solely because they become weaker than heroes. That's not the case with Sephiroth as every time he fought Cloud he was way stronger and as you said Sephiroth should have slashed him...how to explain that he managed to fall all three times. Two things come to my mind, he allows Cloud to win or he's just stupid, the second option is more probable.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

The Mad God The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Heartless Angel's Avatar

I don't think it's that Cloud is that much weaker, but when he becomes driven, he actually can overpower Sephiroth in spiute of the normal difference in their power. I don't think Seph is nescessarily STUPID either, he just doesn't learn from mistakes... it almost seems as though he doesn't CARE if he loses. Even 2 years after his initial defeat, in Advent Children he refuses to finish Cloud off when he has the chance AGAIN. I mean really, he was up against a wall, and couldn't retaliate, but Seph settled for stabbing him in the shoulder? GO FOR THE JUGULAR DAMMIT! I can't imagine a former first class soldier wouldn't know better. Howver, after coming back from the dead, he probably has an even BIGGER god complex, and the knowledge that his defeat is meaningless.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES The Best of the Three (hint: starts with G) Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

I uhhhhh I would pick Sephiroth evil guys are the best
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2