Thread: Training..

Pig Spot ... Shut Up ... Wait ... Training.. tre skills's Avatar

Training..

I need help.
    im currently playing final fantasy VI for snes
    and im wandering where is the best place to train to get more magic points ? because its taking to long for me...
    im on the world of ruins and so far all i could bother looking for was mad oscar and exoray tht gives you 3 magic points inside darryl's tomb ?

is there a monster tht can giv you more magic points? like the intangir monster which gives 10 magic points?
    Last edited by tre skills; 07-10-2009 at 01:00 AM.
    [Fav FF: IX & X ]

[Currently Playing: FF X-2]

[Final Fantasy's Beaten: FF VI (snes) - FF IX - FF X]

Blog Entries
    Since you're in the world of Ruin, I suggest hitting up the desert that is south of the town of Miranda. In the desert, there is an enemy called "Cactrot" that you may have a chance of encountering. Although Cactrots only have 3 HP total, it is very difficult to hit them because of their extremely high physical/magical evade, so I suggest getting a few of your characters loaded down with the Sniper Sight relic. Upon defeating them, you get 10 magic points. You find them fairly regularly in the desert, so I suggest checking it out. Also, they may use the ability Blowfish so bring Strago along if you don't have that Lore yet.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Since you're in the world of Ruin, I suggest hitting up the desert that is south of the town of Miranda. In the desert, there is an enemy called "Cactrot" that you may have a chance of encountering. Although Cactrots only have 3 HP total, it is very difficult to hit them because of their extremely high physical/magical evade, so I suggest getting a few of your characters loaded down with the Sniper Sight relic. Upon defeating them, you get 10 magic points. You find them fairly regularly in the desert, so I suggest checking it out. Also, they may use the ability Blowfish so bring Strago along if you don't have that Lore yet.
    awesome thnks for tht

There is a small forest north of the Veldt. There you encounter Tyranos or a Brontasaurus-type thing. I think you get 5 MP for the Tyranos & 10 for the others. Be careful though, these guys are tough. You should be at least near Level 35 to even have a chance and they are still tough.

You get tons of EXP points (2200 per Tyrano & I think 3700 for the others). It's very likely that you get stuck in a Pincer Attack between two Tyranos. They can cast Meteor which will hurt a lot. They are weak against Ice. I recommend having Sabin use Pummel, Edgar use Drill, Celes use Ice 2 and whoever your 4th character is use Cure 2 (you will also need the other 3 characters to add in some Cure 2s also).

These battles are tough but if you win them you can level up very quickly. If you found the Experience Egg you can double all EXP points for the character that has it equipped also.

If these battles are too tough, the area outside of the forest is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MRH83 View Post
    There is a small forest north of the Veldt. There you encounter Tyranos or a Brontasaurus-type thing. I think you get 5 MP for the Tyranos & 10 for the others. Be careful though, these guys are tough. You should be at least near Level 35 to even have a chance and they are still tough.

You get tons of EXP points (2200 per Tyrano & I think 3700 for the others). It's very likely that you get stuck in a Pincer Attack between two Tyranos. They can cast Meteor which will hurt a lot. They are weak against Ice. I recommend having Sabin use Pummel, Edgar use Drill, Celes use Ice 2 and whoever your 4th character is use Cure 2 (you will also need the other 3 characters to add in some Cure 2s also).

These battles are tough but if you win them you can level up very quickly. If you found the Experience Egg you can double all EXP points for the character that has it equipped also.

If these battles are too tough, the area outside of the forest is easier.
    thnks for tht

Seriously you can thank someone using the icon that the big red arrow is pointing to. Or we have a VM / PM system that can be used for something simular. One liners are spammy and also against forum rules.

I once again suggest you read the forum rules again.
    Attached Images Attached Images Training..-l;ksdlfkasdlkfjsadlkflasekdjf-jpg 
    Last edited by Meier Link; 07-14-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards: