29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moogle

25 86.21%
  • Item

4 13.79%

Thread: Moogle or ....an item

Soldier 1st Class Moogle or ....an item Tietsu's Avatar

Moogle or ....an item

I'm still playing Final Fantasy 6 and came across two option i either pick Moogle or an item
    of course i chose Moogle and let the wolf die XD
    but i want to know wat you guys pick and tell me if you regret or dont regretur chose ^^
    (so far i havent regreted a thing)

Blog Entries
    On my first playthrough, I ended up picking the item, and I kinda regretted it because it meant I couldn't get Mog as a character until the World of Ruin, which sucked. Even though Mog isn't a top-tier character, he has some uses, like using his moogle charm to sneak through dungeons. Another thing is, hes fkn mog, who wouldn't want him on the team, amirite? Oh well I guess, at least he's still available later on so it's not a big deal, but I wanted Mog before the world of ruin lol.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    On my first playthrough, I ended up picking the item, and I kinda regretted it because it meant I couldn't get Mog as a character until the World of Ruin, which sucked. Even though Mog isn't a top-tier character, he has some uses, like using his moogle charm to sneak through dungeons. Another thing is, hes fkn mog, who wouldn't want him on the team, amirite? Oh well I guess, at least he's still available later on so it's not a big deal, but I wanted Mog before the world of ruin lol.
    yea but wat i dont know is if u wait to get him later do u still get to teach him the dances (that sort of clash with one another)

Tsuna Feesh Moogle or ....an item Fate's Avatar
    The item is the Gold Hairpin, right? You can get one later in the game, but there's only one Mog. It was an easy decision for me.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietsu View Post
    yea but wat i dont know is if u wait to get him later do u still get to teach him the dances (that sort of clash with one another)
    Yeah, I think you can end up teaching him all except one of the dances. I may be incorrect, but if you don't get him until you are in the World of Ruin, then it may be impossible to teach Mog the Underwater dance that he can do. All I know is I didn't get him until after the world of ruin, and I taught him every other dance except that.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I do what you can't. Moogle or ....an item Sasquatch's Avatar
    At first, you choose between saving Lone Wolf (and getting the Gold Hairpin relic, which halves MP costs) and saving the moogle (Mog, who joins your party). The first time, I think, I saved Lone Wolf. Haven't done that since.

Even if you don't get him by saving him from the wolf, you can still get him later. If you want him later, you'll have to go back and get him anyway.

Rocky's right -- of the eight dances, one can only be learned in the World of Balance, and another can only be learned in the World of Ruin. To learn Water Rondo, you've got to take Mog through the Serpent Trench. And Snowman Jazz comes from the mountains North of Narshe, fighting either Tritoch or the Ice Dragon.

Not to mention, as Rocky again pointed out, he can wear the Moogle Charm -- but that doesn't really matter until later, anyway. I'm not sure if you can even get that until you get him in the WoR.

And he's a dancing moogle. Of course you'll want him.

PLUS, if you get him in the WoB, you'll have the opportunity to teach him some Magic (and up his stats with Magicite level bonuses) before you have to leave him. AND, he's one of three characters that can wear the Snow Muffler, which (in my opinion) is the best armor in the game.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Yeah, I think you can end up teaching him all except one of the dances. I may be incorrect, but if you don't get him until you are in the World of Ruin, then it may be impossible to teach Mog the Underwater dance that he can do. All I know is I didn't get him until after the world of ruin, and I taught him every other dance except that.
    actually i just learned that if u fight leviathan with mog in ur party you can get the underwater dance

On my first play through ever I wanted to save Mog but I was stupid and talked to Lone Wolf first. It has been about 9 hours since my last save and I was really upset that Mog was a goner. I had no clue that you could still get him until I stumbled apon him when I was doing the Dragon side quests. That was a releif but I was still pissed because I missed out on the WoB dance.

Personally I thought Mog was a great all around character. He did decent damage, while his Dances where the most diverse special ability of the game.

Ever since then I have always picked Mog and will continue to do so. As pointed out you can get another gold hair pen later in the game. Saves me from having to power level Mog late in the game.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    On my first play through ever I wanted to save Mog but I was stupid and talked to Lone Wolf first. It has been about 9 hours since my last save and I was really upset that Mog was a goner. I had no clue that you could still get him until I stumbled apon him when I was doing the Dragon side quests. That was a releif but I was still pissed because I missed out on the WoB dance.

Personally I thought Mog was a great all around character. He did decent damage, while his Dances where the most diverse special ability of the game.

Ever since then I have always picked Mog and will continue to do so. As pointed out you can get another gold hair pen later in the game. Saves me from having to power level Mog late in the game.
    hehe nice but you know you dont really mis out on any dance i did some research and in the world of ruin you can get every dance still

Moogle or ....an item V_Translanka's Avatar
    You can learn Water Rondo through the Returner Hideout's secret raft passage to Narshe as well, I believe...It's not like you're missing out on anything by not getting it though...From what I remember it didn't have that great of abilities or anything...And since you're not going to be fighting in water much (and certainly not against anything weak against water-type moves), it's going to fail a few times when you try to use it...

I think that an early Gold Hairpin could serve you better, actually...Mog is cool, but he can wait. I always get him because I feel like an asshole letting him fall and Lone Wolf totally jacked that treasure that was already by rights mine! lol
    Last edited by V_Translanka; 06-29-2009 at 11:55 PM.

I peeked on the walkthrough

Pig Spot ... Shut Up ... Wait ... Moogle or ....an item tre skills's Avatar
    i chose the moogle because, more people on your team the better plus a chance to get a character beats an item anytime
    also i like to see him dance (I have no regrets)
    Last edited by tre skills; 07-07-2009 at 04:48 AM.
    [Fav FF: IX & X ]

[Currently Playing: FF X-2]

[Final Fantasy's Beaten: FF VI (snes) - FF IX - FF X]

Quote Originally Posted by tre skills View Post
    i chose the moogle because, more people on your team the better plus a chance to get a character beats an item anytime
    also i like to see him dance (I have no regrets)
    yea i like seeing him dance but i hate it when his dances fail and he falls makes me get a little sad sometimes xD

The Most Profound Mystery Moogle or ....an item GiftofTheGoddes's Avatar
    Moogle......!
    "The World Need A New Hero"

I'm DYING to see you! Moogle or ....an item ViviMasterMage's Avatar
    I choose Moogle Very easy the Moogle isn't a object he is real with emotions and thoughts

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Pig Spot ... Shut Up ... Wait ... Moogle or ....an item tre skills's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViviMasterMage View Post
    I choose Moogle Very easy the Moogle isn't a object he is real with emotions and thoughts
    He is real... umm i dont think so, he's a moogle and moogles aren't real. Do you see any in real life? if you do, your just retarded
    [Fav FF: IX & X ]

[Currently Playing: FF X-2]

[Final Fantasy's Beaten: FF VI (snes) - FF IX - FF X]

Quote Originally Posted by tre skills View Post
    He is real... umm i dont think so, he's a moogle and moogles aren't real. Do you see any in real life? if you do, your just retarded
    I was only kidding. I thought anyone would of got that, sorry anyway.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias

My Fatey!:

....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    So calm like the sea

Quote Originally Posted by ViviMasterMage View Post
    I was only kidding. I thought anyone would of got that, sorry anyway.
    hehe dont worry i knew that you was joking i agree though that moogle isnt an object

Well thank you, It is so easy to annoy or offend people these days.

My things:

My TFF Family!:

My Fatey!:

Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    So calm like the sea

I chose Mog
    on my first playthrough i chose the item though

I always chose Mog over the item.

i have ears :) Moogle or ....an item Full Life's Avatar
    if moogle means getting mog faster than get moogle