Thread: A Locke Appreciation Thread *some spoilers*

A Locke Appreciation Thread *some spoilers*

So I recently found this on Nico Video. Yeah, it's a bit crudely drawn, but I was quite enthralled with it. It's such a great interpretation of his origin and backstory regarding Rachael. I think it's turned me into a Locke fan 4 Life!

So, who here's a fan of Locke, why or why not?

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 A Locke Appreciation Thread *some spoilers* T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post
    So I recently found this on Nico Video. Yeah, it's a bit crudely drawn, but I was quite enthralled with it. It's such a great interpretation of his origin and backstory regarding Rachael. I think it's turned me into a Locke fan 4 Life!

So, who here's a fan of Locke, why or why not?
    Silly Cain. The video only makes my dearest Terra all the more awesome. Note how she, gently but firmly, restores Locke's faith even after being defeated.

So no, it still isn't enough to make me change affiliation. Good try, tho.

Kudos on the art, whomever made it. Made Terra look prettier than ever
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

I've liked Locke only because that he is a badass thief who refuses to be called one. He is quick and he can do massive dmg. Also steal? The best skill ever. I didn't really care to much about his past life stories.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth A Locke Appreciation Thread *some spoilers* Xanatos's Avatar
    From the first time I played FF VI I immediately liked Locke, he is my favorite character in that game. The reason I liked him are almost the same as Loaf's, the only difference is that I cared for the past life story and how it has affected to his personality.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Silly Cain. The video only makes my dearest Terra all the more awesome. Note how she, gently but firmly, restores Locke's faith even after being defeated.

Pretty sure that's supposed to be Celes

=P

I liked him. ^^ But he wasn't my favorite character.
    Firstly, I don't use Steal. I never do. Never ever. .-. Somehow I'm not the kind of person who likes to steal, haha. Okay, just kidding, I just forget to steal things from the enemy all the time, so no use for me.
    He had a really nice background story, I liked all about Rachel and what he'd been through. A good character. *nod*

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

I want to play a game. A Locke Appreciation Thread *some spoilers* Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post

I don't find anything wrong with being fans of Terra and Locke. This isn't a sport where you stick with one team and if you don't shuuuuuuuuuun! Terra can still be number one on your Fav 5 lol.

Locke's story is one of my favourites out of the characters in FF VI; it was well done that made him more than just a 2-D sprite. His conflicting feelings over Rachel and Celes touched that beating organ of mine. Locke and Celes connected together quite well that made them a likable couple. I'm fan of Locke Cole, just as I am a fan of other characters in the game.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I am not a big fan of Locke but this tribute was amazing and reminded me of how touching the under lying story has from FFVI. I can say it actually gave me goose bumps at one point and that hasn't happened in an FFVI moment in a long time.

Kuddos for the find Cain. Also I would have to concure with you that was Celes not Terra. All posibilites of it being Terra are ruled out in the matter of 2 seconds at the end of the short. Color schemes own the world.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

A Locke Appreciation Thread *some spoilers* V_Translanka's Avatar
    How can you not love Locke? He's got a great intro and one of the (if not THE) most touching stories (Rachel & the Phoenix) in the entirety of FFdom and he's a goddamn TREASURE HUNTER, MOTHER ****ER~!! Get it wrong and he'll rip your lungs out! Plus, he steals the enemies clothing! How much more awesome of a character with the Steal/Mug command can you get? I just wish it wasn't limited to that one scene or those two costumes (I wanted to steal Magitek armor too, dammit!). lol

He's so cool, this thread gets my...

<~*POST 300*~>
    Attached Images Attached Images A Locke Appreciation Thread *some spoilers*-lockesaysno-gif 
    Last edited by V_Translanka; 08-14-2009 at 11:16 AM.