View Poll Results: How do you like your FFV?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good ol' SNES for me

5 15.63%
  • I'm a masochist. I love playing the PS1 version

6 18.75%
  • GBA. Isn't that what everyone plays?

13 40.63%
  • I'm waiting for the inevitable remake

8 25.00%

Thread: So what version of FFV does everyone prefer?

So what version of FFV does everyone prefer?

Just a poll I wanted to setup because I was curious. I've noticed despite many people praising FFVA's new features I still see many people playing the SNES version.

In a way, I can't blame them. Firing up FFVA myself, one thing that made me sad was how they removed the iconic "Bartz riding Boco behind the logo" bit. I find that just as odd if they removed the "Stormy Clouds" intro from FFVI or the "Aeris walking in Midgar" scene in FFVII. The slowdown in some scenes and in battle can be pretty annoying as well. But the new, official script from FFVA is AMAZING. I love how they really flushed out character's personalities with a lot of funny dialog.

For those people who DO still enjoy playing the SNES version, I've been working on a special project that's coming along nicely, but not ready to be revealed yet.

Soldier 1st Class So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Tietsu's Avatar
    To tell you the truth i cant dicede if i like the snes version or the GBA version they both look the same to me
    so its a little hard to pick which on

The Original Moogle Knight So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? coombsy1989's Avatar
    I've only ever played the PS version since I wasn't playing GBA when they released the Advanced Final Fantasies. I can't say it was a very enjoyable experience but I'm sure that if/when they remake it they'll tweak the system that little bit to balance it slightly and make it less of a grindfest.

I've been waiting for the remake even before the game was made.

I only own Anthology version. Played GBA version for like 20 min back in school 3 years back. Didn't notice a difference, or remembered anything about it.

Captain So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? scifi1980's Avatar
    Must be something wrong with me. I only own the PS1 collection from years ago. It was my first time playing the game and I enjoyed it just fine.

Well until a remake on the Ds or Psp (I really dont care what one) comes out, I stick with the GBA version because translation is pretty good and the new bosses are hard if you solo them and ev ery thing is pretty much better than every other version out there

#LOCKE4GOD So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I found the PS1 version to be fine. One of the better development systems IMHO, much better than any job system before or after. What changes are there to the advanced version?

Owning one version is enough for me, so I probably won't get a DS remake if there's one. The main reason being that FFIII and IV look terrible on DS.

I want to play a game. So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Zargabaath's Avatar
    I've played the PS1 and GBA versions of Final Fantasy V and I much prefer the GBA version. The translation is far better, 4 new jobs, portability is a plus, and the load times are way shorter than the PS1.

My GBA version does have a problem- Quicksave does not function for some reason. My friends version doesn't allow him to save anymore. I'm ok without having quicksave so that isn't a big deal for me.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Boredness rules us all So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Midnight Panda's Avatar
    ive always liked every game. as long as it has ff in front then go hard! lol
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Xanatos's Avatar
    I have only played GBA version, didn't really like it even tho I have beaten the game. Don't think that I'm going to play it again not even DS remake.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boredness rules us all So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Midnight Panda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos-444 View Post
    I have only played GBA version, didn't really like it even tho I have beaten the game. Don't think that I'm going to play it again not even DS remake.

why didnt you like it?. and i didnt like tactics alot
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

I'm still waiting for the DS remake in 3D!
    FF4 ruled on DS, and since FF5 is a lot better, it will most likely rule even more!

Registered User So what version of FFV does everyone prefer?
    i prefer laser disc. or is it the term "cd's" you kids are using. LOL!

I have only played, and owned the GBA version, I play it on my T.V using the Gameboy to Gamcube player. It works out nicely since I don't have to strain my eyes. I had the GC to GB player long before I picked up the game. I play VI on there too. I'll eventually go buy I-IV used too.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 11-25-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Certified tech, come at me! So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: So what version of FFV does everyone prefer?

I don't know why, but I've always been a SNES version junkie of the SNES FF titles. I think its because I grew up on those versions to be exact. The feel of playing it on SNES is really good, it keeps me hooked, the music in the game sounds top-notch as far as chip music goes for SNES, and it has a nice replay value. I started another playthrough this week and I'm already enjoying it.

Oh and Cain.... I'm looking forward to seeing what your special project is for the SNES version of FF5.

Firing up FFVA myself, one thing that made me sad was how they removed the iconic "Bartz riding Boco behind the logo" bit. I find that just as odd if they removed the "Stormy Clouds" intro from FFVI
    That wasn't removed actually, when you turn on FFVA and FFVIA just let the game titles run and you'll see the opening scenes eventually.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 02-10-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Currently Playing:

Registered User So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Zidane77's Avatar

I liked both the SNES and PS1 version most, the GBA was okay but didn't bring anything more fun.

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? KainsBro's Avatar

PS1 Anthology version! Seems like the Hard version compared to the GBA version. I have both versions.

Krystena

GBA. Bonus Dungeons make me hawt.

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? KainsBro's Avatar

Can I change my answer? j/k

So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Ragtime's Avatar

Well i played the psx version first so i prefer that because of nostalgia, besides i cant notice anything different in th snes version (unlike ff vi with its slow psx loading) and i have yet to try the GBA version.

Let's make it rain. So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scifi1980 View Post
    Must be something wrong with me. I only own the PS1 collection from years ago. It was my first time playing the game and I enjoyed it just fine.
    Me too, and i love it on ps1. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

Paladin So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Voltaire Adams's Avatar

GBA one is much better. The dialouge in the older versions is sooo terrible. It really takes away from the game. Plus portability is great because it lets you mindlessly grind while watching TV.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Rune Knight So what version of FFV does everyone prefer? Trodorne's Avatar

i would have to agree, that the gba was better, but for nostalgia purposes i would choose the snes. even though the dialogue was terrible. but hey we take what we can get. but the additional stories added on was ok. but not a fan of the additional job classes.

snes! haha, havent tried anything but that and the GBA one, and the GBA one just... felt weird not having a controller to me