Thread: why use focus?

Registered User why use focus? vicks and wedge's Avatar

why use focus?

when i use yang i never use the focus action..for it seems every turn i waste using it i could be dishing out dammage..the extra amount from focus seems equal to simply doing 2 attacks. am i wrong or is there a bennefit i am missing here? thanks for input

Blog Entries

Re: why use focus?

I've only saved it for bosses or really tough single enemies that have high hp/defense. Otherwise I've always had Yang attack whenever necessary; a lot of times I've casted beserk on him and let him do his thing. I do use kick occasionally, but thats just if I am fighting a large group of weak monsters, otherwise like before, I just have him attack.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I feel epic... why use focus? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

The only instance where that could be helpful is against Proto Babil in the DS game. That thing has 400000 HP, and very specific HP caps. What I mean is, you have to be careful how much damage you deal, otherwise it goes ballistic and kills your entire party. Using two Focuses and one Darkness at Level 99 with the Onion Sword is basically an easy 99999 damage.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

The Mad God why use focus? Heartless Angel's Avatar

I mainly used it for kick on parties of tough enemies, outsiode of that, your analysis is absolutely correct. Every turn you spend focusing, increases the damage by about as much as you would've dealt if you just attacked normally... Though it does seem to put a dent in enemies with high resistance to normal physical attacks. Seems to anyways, can't say I've crunched the numbers.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.