Thread: SNES or PS1

Registered User SNES or PS1 randy666's Avatar

SNES or PS1

ok i have both a SNES (that still works!) and a PS1 (that also still works), i have heard that FFIV is available for both PS1 and SNES, i know it might be quite hard to get ahold of these copies but i have never played FFIV before, which console would you guys recommend?
    this is it the final boss now there is no turning back....

Blog Entries

Re: SNES or PS1

SNES version will probably run better, but the PSX version has an increase in difficulty along with characters having abilities that werent allowed in the SNES version (Cecil's "Dark Wave", Rosa's "Prayer", etc). Also, I think there are FMV cutscenes in the PSX version as well?

Both copies are expensive I bet (probably less so with the playstation port), but I'd try to get either one. If you can't find them for cheap, there's always the GBA version! (my favorite version lol)
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

Re: SNES or PS1

6 of one, half-dozen of the other really..

Sound on the PSOne release is *worse* then the FF2 on the SNES but, has a difficulty gauge to it plus those extra FMVs ~ abilities/spells that were removed from FF2 due to censoring. Loading times between the two isn't really a issue but you might be more secure going the PSOne for the Memory Cards - though I may be wrong, never had a SNES as a lad so I cant really vouch for its ability to maintain save files.

Good luck finding a copy of either though, outside of eBay you'll have to lurk retro shops / garage sales and hope to be the first on the scene.