Thread: FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content

Eye in the Sky FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content Fuzz's Avatar

Post FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content

--News-- September 14, 2009

The sequel to Square Enix's 18 year-old classic now has some new downloadable content available through WiiWare.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years was initially released in Japan for Cell phones, but later released for the Wii due to popular demand and success (3.5 Million downloads).

Some of the new content includes the Crystals "The Planet Eater", which is a sub quest with Edge and Rydia as they go in pursuit of their old friend - while King Cecil confronts Rosa, Ceodore and Kain within his own castle. Of course, many more details and fun new side action will be included.

The downloadable content can be purchased for 800 Wii Points.

Source: GameGuru

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    --News-- September 14, 2009

The sequel to Square Enix's 18 year-old classic now has some new downloadable content available through WiiWare.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years was initially released in Japan for Cell phones, but later released for the Wii due to popular demand and success (3.5 Million downloads).

Some of the new content includes the Crystals "The Planet Eater", which is a sub quest with Edge and Rydia as they go in pursuit of their old friend - while King Cecil confronts Rosa, Ceodore and Kain within his own castle. Of course, many more details and fun new side action will be included.

The downloadable content can be purchased for 800 Wii Points.

Source: GameGuru
    Oh wow that is pretty intresting, if I had a Wii I would go get that and play it To bad I don't. I'm actually sort of hoping that Square will do a remake on the PSP like they have with FF1 and 2.

combat ready FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content nocht's Avatar
    that sounds very interesting and ive gots a wii so i can play it

Air elemental FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content

Re: FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content

currently trying to get some wii points so i can play it :3

Paladin FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content Voltaire Adams's Avatar

I'm playing this right now, though...it's a lot more expensive all together then other games on the service.

Is the length pretty good?
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Rune Knight FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content Trodorne's Avatar

That last one the planet eater is a hard one to play. i forget where im at now, been busy with pokemon, but paroms and paloms is my favorite stories. those twins are bad ass.

Let's make it rain. FFIV: The After Years - Downloadable Content Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    That last one the planet eater is a hard one to play. i forget where im at now, been busy with pokemon, but paroms and paloms is my favorite stories. those twins are bad ass.
    Oh yeah, they're super good in the original as well. I want this, I need a wii! Ah!

haha oh look now the Wii is popular cause of IV shock and aww. they did an awesome job for this. i wish i could see another final fantasy game like this in 2d graphics in the style of IV on the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    haha oh look now the Wii is popular cause of IV shock and aww. they did an awesome job for this. i wish i could see another final fantasy game like this in 2d graphics in the style of IV on the Wii.
    Well...V and VI could have sequels.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    Well...V and VI could have sequels.
    well V already had that anime, which we can ignore, but VI is hard to pull off cause if you remember at the end of that game all magic left the world.

Wouldn't be hard to find a plot devise to bring back magic. Or heck, for that matter they could just not have it at all. Point is...it could be wrote to be amazing. As for the anime I believe that was hundreds of years in the future, no? Still plenty of room for Butz to have more adventures with Boko.

...can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    Wouldn't be hard to find a plot devise to bring back magic. Or heck, for that matter they could just not have it at all. Point is...it could be wrote to be amazing. As for the anime I believe that was hundreds of years in the future, no? Still plenty of room for Butz to have more adventures with Boko.
    i thought his name bartz, but yeah i guess for V i forgot about that being far into the future. like even still, just having a 2d rpg in the worlds like that. i don't know about you guys but... renaming could always be nice again.