Thread: Are the DS and PS versions worth buying based solely on newer content?

RPGFanatic666

Are the DS and PS versions worth buying based solely on newer content?

Hey,

Before I get started, I'd just to say that I LOVE THIS ****ING GAME!!!

I have beaten Final Fantasy IV 3 times now, but only for the SNES. What kind of added stuff is there for the DS and PS versions? I only know of having 3d-ish cutscenes added to the game. I still have a working SNES and Final Fantasy "II" cartridge, but I'm getting curious about what kind of things have been added.

Lately, I've been in this mood to beat old games. I just got done with FF VIII, and the old awesomeness this game always gives me is teasing my brain. Any suggestions would be awesome.

I want to play a game. Are the DS and PS versions worth buying based solely on newer content? Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Are the DS and PS versions worth buying based solely on newer content?

The playstation version - part of Final Fantasy: Chronicles - is just a port, there is only an opening FMV. The DS version has the Augment system, the Whyt Summon, new scenes, voice-acting, vamped up difficulty and that may be it. You are forgetting the Game Boy Advance version which also has some bonus content. There is a bug in the game that sometimes allows the characters to perform another action right after doing one (double-turn) or it may take away a turn. The bonus content is really good, as there are mini-story arcs for each character after the game, Zeromus EG (super boss), and in this game the player can choose to have Yang, Cid, Palom, Porom, or Edward once they are collected in the tower of Mysidia - a very cool feature. I like the GBA version to be my favourite with a better translation than the SNES/PS version.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Are the DS and PS versions worth buying based solely on newer content? Zidane77's Avatar

Yeah the GBA version is my favorite too, DS was cool because of augments, that was a cool feature but it's extremely hard to master :/

The Snes version is probably the best one though.

Do the elements trust you? Are the DS and PS versions worth buying based solely on newer content? bahamuts heir's Avatar

If you want a bigger challenge and really cool augments plus bonus character/summon then go for the ds version
    I personally loved it(zemus gets a couple of cheap tricks though(like nullifying all magic(dammit)
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

I feel epic... Are the DS and PS versions worth buying based solely on newer content? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Well, the FFIV for the SNES was the easy game. If you play the DS version, you'll definitely see a major spike in difficulty. If you like that sort of thing, anyway. Besides that, the DS version has a few gameplay additions, but if you disregard the Augments, the spiked difficulty and Whyt for but a moment, this game is not much different from the original.

I'd go with the DS, though, if you have one. Its definitely worth the purchase, finally one of the FFs installing a New Game + feature, its only that it limits you to three New Game +'s, =/

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan