Thread: After Beating Zeromus Third Time

Kluya

After Beating Zeromus Third Time

Good day everyone. I'd like to 1st say that I have been playing FFIV since it's first U.S. release around 1992. I still have my original cartridge with working battery.

But I have handed the torch to my son with the re-release of FFIV on DS. he has beaten the game for the third time but now there is a problem.

After all of the ending credits the first two times he beat the game, Namingway would appear and talk about his stats and give him an outfit like the Goblin Suit or an augment. But after beating Zeromus for the third time the game just stays at the "The End" screen after ending scenes and credits.

No combinations of buttons or waiting will make this screen change for us. My son has beaten Zeromus several times in the hopes that something will change, but to no avail.

So is the game messed up? Or are we doing something wrong?

HRH Albha After Beating Zeromus Third Time Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry but the game is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

The New Game+ option only works twice, so after beating Zeromus for the third time the game is officially over, and you can no longer replay the game with the Augements you had etc.

This is basically to stop you from getting the Limit Break Augement too many times, but also to balance the game. Sorry, but if you want to play it again you'll have to completely restart.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Kluya
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerif View Post
    I'm sorry but the game is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

The New Game+ option only works twice, so after beating Zeromus for the third time the game is officially over, and you can no longer replay the game with the Augements you had etc.

This is basically to stop you from getting the Limit Break Augement too many times, but also to balance the game. Sorry, but if you want to play it again you'll have to completely restart.
    Well, this is my first time visiting here, but I have been to other places looking for hints to help my son as he plays along. Nothing big, just little prods to help get him through parts of the game that may be different from what I experienced playing it on SNES.

Anyway, in my visits across the web I have several times seen that after you beat this game for the third time you get a Zeromus suit for Whyte.

I'm certainly not accusing anyone of lying, as comparing what you are saying to the problem we have, you seem to be correct. But then what of the Zeromus suit I keep hearing about?

EDIT: After a bit more sniffing around I've found quite a few errors we've made along the way playing this game. Seems we should have been reading cheats all along. We never stole the dark matter from Zeromus because we had no idea about a reason to steal from him. This helps lead to getting the full bestiary which is impossible to get without the hidden bosses. and both hidden bosses are impossible to get without dark matter, and dark matter has to be obtained during the 2nd or first game right? Thus getting the Zeromus suit is impossible now

This is bull puckey and reminds me of the time long ago when I ran out of ammo playing Parasite Eve on the second disc, thus making it impossible to go any further since I was in a sealed area.
    Last edited by Kluya; 09-05-2009 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluya View Post

This is bull puckey and reminds me of the time long ago when I ran out of ammo playing Parasite Eve on the second disc, thus making it impossible to go any further since I was in a sealed area.
    I felt your pain there mate.

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 After Beating Zeromus Third Time T.G. Oskar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluya View Post
    EDIT: After a bit more sniffing around I've found quite a few errors we've made along the way playing this game. Seems we should have been reading cheats all along. We never stole the dark matter from Zeromus because we had no idea about a reason to steal from him. This helps lead to getting the full bestiary which is impossible to get without the hidden bosses. and both hidden bosses are impossible to get without dark matter, and dark matter has to be obtained during the 2nd or first game right? Thus getting the Zeromus suit is impossible now
    Unless you restart. Which...shouldn't be bad, since you and your son have figured out how to deal with it.

However, the requirements for the Dark Matter may be pre-supposed, as it is quite expected that a veteran of FFIV usually tries to do the following in the battle against Zeromus:

1) Use the Crystal
    2) Steal the Dark Matter so that Big Bang gets weaker

Not saying that you should have already known that (quite the contrary: either Big Bang sucks now or your son and you love challenges, which is equally acceptable), but the developers of the remake probably were aware that the usual FFIV veteran will be expected to steal the Dark Matter so they gave them something special other than "reducing damage from Big Bang".

Oh, the days! When I had to face the hospital boss, and I was ammo-scarce and breaking my head to finish that!

...Perhaps as some sort of psychiatric ailment, I love the hospital song (Out of Phase). It is insanely soothing, considering that I had to listen to it so many times, while trying to work it out. I actually even had a rare body armor of so many tries, which I believe I lost afterwards...

Then again, never managed to pass through Day 5... It's horrible that such a game may not be available anywhere except for the PSN, if they manage to drop that bone to us players...
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

Mage After Beating Zeromus Third Time Impa56562's Avatar

Re: After Beating Zeromus Third Time

QUOTE=Aerif;1222296]I'm sorry but the game is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

This is basically to stop you from getting the Limit Break Augement too many times, but also to balance the game. Sorry, but if you want to play it again you'll have to completely restart.[/QUOTE]
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FRIKIN KIDDING ME