5 45.45%
  • Van halen

0 0%
  • Aerosmith

1 9.09%

Thread: Who is better?

Classic story teller Who is better? vann 122's Avatar

Who is better?

One of my friends wanted me to do this, so answer the question: out of these four which is better;AC/DC,Rush,van halen,and aerosmith.
    Last edited by vann 122; 04-09-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Don't judge me, just because what I like!

Registered User Who is better? vicks and wedge's Avatar

Re: Who is better?

Dude I totally pick Rush here...yes i am so biassed i love Rush so much. I will give you legitimate reasons for my pick that exhist as facts outside of my opinion.

*Neil Peart..in the top 5 of almost every top rock drummer list..he's awsome

*Three Guys..only three

*Geddy Lee..anyone who has ever performed can apreciate the difficulty of being the singer and an instrument player. Geddy will sing play base and keyboards all in the same song. Also The bass lines in rush songs are phenomenal at times when alex isnt playing lead and rythm, Rush will use the bass guitar to do either.

*Alex Lifeson..verry underrated guitar player

*Lyrics..So deep so philosophical. so inspiring. The songs you hear on the radio dont give justice to the depth in Rush's lyrics. btw peart writes about all Rush lyrics 100-130 songs or so in 16-17 albums (something like that)

*34 years still rocking!! First album was Rush titled rush 1976 last album came out 2007 Snakes and Arrows!

Okay those are some bonafide facts about Rush. I love them they are the Best imo

To rank the rest on the list i pick Van Halen as the next best group there (although there are two groups here Van Halen and Van Hagar.)

please dont tear me up too much for saying this next line but i have always thought that AC\DC and Aerosmith to be overrated. I mean they are good and both got alot ofsolid hits i mean real good tunes but to me nothing that truley inspires.

I guess if i use inspiration as my method of judging it puts a certain biass to things.

I do think however that if there was some sort of Rock Band skills competition like we see in certain sports that Rush would Still reighn supreme in tallent on the individual instruments and music writing..i mean some bands get into music to rock out and have fun which is alot of what its about..But Rush arent real partiers they are in it to write good quality timeless tecnichal and beutifull music.. Rush isnt all Tom sawyer and Limelight. some of my favorite rush tunes have never been heard on the radio. many are beutifull , melodic and moving!!! You got to listen to every album to find all the gems like Bravado, The Pass ,Mission,Cinderella Man!!!

Hey one last thing..Why is Led Zeppelin not on the list i got them a clear second

(My Rush Argument)

Death Before Dishonor Who is better? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This comes down to you taste in music. I am not a big fan of Rush, or Aerosmith. I like Eddie Van Halen, as for the band as a whole no. I love ACDC grew uop on that shit.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Who is better? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Seriously, it's hard to pick out of AC/DC, Rush or Aerosmith (still like Van Halen, just not as much). If I had to pick one, I would pick AC/DC. I love Aerosmith and Rush, but I know more AC/DC songs and own more albums by them than the others. Plus I was into AC/DC long before the others, so I am picking them.

Aerosmith would win on guitar work for me. I prefer riff-based guitar work, which is what Aerosmith has over everyone on the list. But Aerosmith have more forgettable songs (like the last few albums really, except Just Push Play). For Rush, I LOVE Moving Pictures, but haven't really heard much really. Van Halen were good to begin with, but I can't listen to anything by them after David Lee Roth left, just noth the same.

AC/DC have more sing-along songs, so you can easily grow to love them. They are also one of the only bands where it's ok for them to release songs that sound the same, and still make them sound good!

So yeah, AC/DC gets my pick.

hey zan Rush is doing a US tour this year and they are featuring the entire Moving Pictures album. FYI

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Who is better? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vicks and wedge View Post
    hey zan Rush is doing a US tour this year and they are featuring the entire Moving Pictures album. FYI
    Dayum! I wish I lived in the US. I hope they do a UK one, I'd be there in a flash.

Moving Pictures is an absolutely amazing album. Rush are one of those bands where every member is amazing at their instrument. YYZ is the greatest instrumental track of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by vicks and wedge View Post
    (My Rush Argument)

I have a question...Why would you say Lifeson is such an underrated player...honestly i don't even believe a single person who isn't a die-hard rush fan would know who he is... Most people know straight off the bat who Neil Pert is...Geddy Lee too..but not many know Alex. I think that he's got an incredible new and imaginative style of playing guitar, its kinda upsetting how he's not so well known. Did he just choose not to follow the fame-train, or was he just not ever recognized for his talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rock View Post
    I have a question...Why would you say Lifeson is such an underrated player...honestly i don't even believe a single person who isn't a die-hard rush fan would know who he is... Most people know straight off the bat who Neil Pert is...Geddy Lee too..but not many know Alex. I think that he's got an incredible new and imaginative style of playing guitar, its kinda upsetting how he's not so well known. Did he just choose not to follow the fame-train, or was he just not ever recognized for his talent?
    Thats why i say he is underrated.. you are right Geddy Lee and Neil Pert are known by all rock fans. Then theres Alex. As a rock fan i tell you hes as good as it gets maybe even better!! you seem to agree there. I would like to know why that is too. I am sure most hard core rock fans are aware but for how good he is he should be better known..(by underrated i mean he dosent get his due)

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

AC/DC. They're in a league of their own, and I'm currently wearing one of their shirts which looks almost as awesome as their music sounds.

They're iconic, at least around these parts.
    victoria aut mors

I invented Go-Gurt. Who is better? Clint's Avatar

Judging my musical talent, songwriting abilities, and Canadianism, Rush takes the cake.

The Bad Boy of TFF Who is better? Block's Avatar

I missed my opportunity to vote for RUSH! ****. THAT BLOWS HORRIBLY. CAPS LOCK. RUSH ROCKS!

The Mad God Who is better? Heartless Angel's Avatar

Kind of an odd list of choices. These are very different bands. I'd say it's like comparing apples and oranges, but it's more like comparing apples and Camaros. I guess I'd have say it'd either be Van Halen or Rush for me. Not to say I don't like AC/DC or Aerosmith, but I listen to Van Halen and Rush alot more.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User Who is better? Rebekah's Avatar

That's obvious. Rush. Of course it's Rush.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Who is better? Polk's Avatar

The correct answer is Rush. You are a god damn communist if you answer otherwise.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Who is better? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

I listened to Rush the most out of the list, and now most of their song's, or at least better then AC/DC, Van Halen, and Aerosmith's.

So I pick Rush.

I just had to come back and edit!

I would elaborate more on why I love Rush, but Vicks and Wedge pretty much did that for me.

Originally posted by vick and wedge
    Dude I totally pick Rush here...yes i am so biassed i love Rush so much. I will give you legitimate reasons for my pick that exhist as facts outside of my opinion.

*Neil Peart..in the top 5 of almost every top rock drummer list..he's awsome

*Three Guys..only three

*Geddy Lee..anyone who has ever performed can apreciate the difficulty of being the singer and an instrument player. Geddy will sing play base and keyboards all in the same song. Also The bass lines in rush songs are phenomenal at times when alex isnt playing lead and rythm, Rush will use the bass guitar to do either.

*Lyrics..So deep so philosophical. so inspiring. The songs you hear on the radio dont give justice to the depth in Rush's lyrics. btw peart writes about all Rush lyrics 100-130 songs or so in 16-17 albums (something like that)

*34 years still rocking!! First album was Rush titled rush 1976 last album came out 2007 Snakes and Arrows!

Okay those are some bonafide facts about Rush. I love them they are the Best imo

To rank the rest on the list i pick Van Halen as the next best group there (although there are two groups here Van Halen and Van Hagar.)

please dont tear me up too much for saying this next line but i have always thought that AC\DC and Aerosmith to be overrated. I mean they are good and both got alot ofsolid hits i mean real good tunes but to me nothing that truley inspires.

I guess if i use inspiration as my method of judging it puts a certain biass to things.

I do think however that if there was some sort of Rock Band skills competition like we see in certain sports that Rush would Still reighn supreme in tallent on the individual instruments and music writing..i mean some bands get into music to rock out and have fun which is alot of what its about..But Rush arent real partiers they are in it to write good quality timeless tecnichal and beutifull music.. Rush isnt all Tom sawyer and Limelight. some of my favorite rush tunes have never been heard on the radio. many are beutifull , melodic and moving!!! You got to listen to every album to find all the gems like Bravado, The Pass ,Mission,Cinderella Man!!!

Hey one last thing..Why is Led Zeppelin not on the list i got them a clear second

(My Rush Argument)
    Great Post vicks!
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 04-19-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID: