Thread: What's a favorite LP you listen to?

___________ What's a favorite LP you listen to? Kyreaan's Avatar

What's a favorite LP you listen to?

How many of you have a LP or vinyl you really like listening to right now? The last and one of the best I've gotten was Blonde Redhead 23 on Vinyl LP. There's an official page where you can hear samples of their music.
    Here's a button:

I love how this sounds on vinyl. Analog is so much warmer than digital (unless there was a really well mixed MP.4, then I wouldn't mind it so much). Also, any DJ Irene's or Alice DJ's, or Lady Tron's out there and you make your own?
    Last edited by Kyreaan; 03-26-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Added a button...

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

#LOCKE4GOD What's a favorite LP you listen to? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: What's a favorite LP you listen to?

Oh no way, you like Blonde Redhead! Big ups.

I don't do vinyl. For one, I can't download it. Two, it's more expensive than a CD, and CDs are already too expensive in chain stores, and indie stores are generally more expensive again, but only because their stuff is harder to find (though independent stores are awesome in the way you can, for instance, just be really enthusiastic about something and the owner will give you something for half price).

My dad has an extensive vinyl collection. Every Beatles album, plus a whole bunch of other stuff. He used to put on Simon & Garfunkel quite a bit, but now the player has broken. It's a really top-shelf model too, which is both a shame, and an impediment to getting it fixed. The entire thing is connected, and wouldn't fit in a car.
    Last edited by Alpha; 03-12-2011 at 08:23 PM.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み What's a favorite LP you listen to? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I don't have many vinyl, but the one I really love the listen to is 'Live After Death' by Iron Maiden. I think it has a certain sound quality to it that can never be captured on CD, MP3 etc. I listen to it a lot. Plus it's an original, which makes it all the better

Vinyl is very expensive nowadays, which is a shame, because I would buy it all the time if it wasn't.

___________ What's a favorite LP you listen to? Kyreaan's Avatar

I always find vinyl pretty cheap at places like Amazon. If anyone has examples of a favorite LPs, see if you can find a shortcut. Also there are a lot music places where you can get rare pieces, like old records limited print. Did anyone ever get into these?

There is also an interface that allows you record into your computer from a record player. Some are built for this purpose (Audio Technica, ex.), so you can get into your car and play the .MP3 or .MP4 compressed versions after inserting the outside media device into your car radio.
    Last edited by Kyreaan; 03-26-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Revised

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.