Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what instruments do u play?

what instruments do u play?

i was just wondering what instruments everyone can play if they can play any at all.
    i can play the guitar pretty good but not great and the piano. i can also kinda play the bass.

TFF's Token Imp what instruments do u play? Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm a pianist when I can find the time. I used to be about Grade Four standard but a total lack of practice has meant I'm not even close to that anymore heh.

I'm also a pretty good drummer, but not to the standard I wish I was. Not bad though.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Blog Entries
    I used to play violin for a couple of years, but I quit when I moved into a new school that didn't have an orchestra program. For band stuff, I played Bass clarinet for everything, and I've been experimenting with a keyboard off and on in my free time for the past couple of years. The instrument that I am probably best at is the Bass clarinet though, since I've played it for like 7 or 8years for the school band.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Arachnie Suicide what instruments do u play? ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    I used to play guitar.

Now I play my vocal chords. Very badly.

I'm more of a writer than a singer, I guess.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

i used to play the drums, still would if i didnt give them to my ex so she could pawn them and pay bills and if i didnt live in an appartment. i love the drums and will forever.

i had a pearl import series 5 pc with an old school iron cobera double bass peddle. remo double pin stripes on bottom remo eboneys on tops. zieldjin z's a's and a schimitar for craches and a a/z combi for the hats. the ride was an a. ........

man i miss my drums!!!! i want them back they where pimp!
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Stage Dives, High Fives. what instruments do u play? Confession's Avatar
    Im a drummer, I figured I like to make noise, and hit things, so it was the perfect thing for me. I only have a basic kit right now, but as we speak i'm buying the new iron cobra double kick, and a couple of tama cymbols, haven't decided what kind, I need a splash, but they're big $$$

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

That One Guy what instruments do u play? dimmufan's Avatar
    I play guitar, bass, drums, and piano.

My guitar is a Slammer made by Hamer. It's pretty old and still has a rreally good sound. It's my first guitar and I've been playing since I was about 16.

My bass is a Peavey T-40. It's pretty heavy and when paired with my 12" bass amp, it can rattle every window at my house and next door. I'm notr as good at playing bass as I am with playing rhythm.

I've been playing piano since before I can remember, but don't practice enough to be considered any good at all. My skills are basically limited to one hand.

My drums set is a mid-60s Roger's 360. I've had it for a few years and is by far my favorite instrument. Although I'm not very good at playing it, I'm not bad either. However, I do kick ass at the drums when playing Rock Band.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

what instruments do u play? You's Avatar
    Ive played guitar for about 9 years. Ive been having a break for quite a while now though. I much prefer writting both songs and lyrics though...
    Last edited by You; 05-24-2008 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Meow View Post
    I only have a basic kit right now, but as we speak i'm buying the new iron cobra double kick
    if you want a sweet consistant sound out of an IC try switching the mallets out with hammers, if it doesnt already have them.
    Also Zeildjin makes a prety decent low cost splash (havent checked on them in a while), they use to sell them for about 60 bucks
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Sir Prize what instruments do u play? Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To call me a pianist is a bit of a stretch, but I know enough to read music and play. My favorite songs to play all seem to be by Beethoven. Fur Elise(what pianist hasn't learned this) and Moonlight Sonata(my favorite).

Other than that, and learning a few FFVII songs, I haven't played in a while.

I do have an Ocarina and play it a little, but nothing near as well as I play piano.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Gottschalk124
    Guitar
    Piano
    Banjo
    Bass

Sexymonkeyninja
    guitar, I can play pretty good. Better than everyone I know with the exception of like maybe two or three people. I'm not the greatest but I've been learning lots of sweeps and faster stuff.

what instruments do u play? Magick 13's Avatar
    Guitar. I haven't been playing it for an extreamly long time compared to some people but longer than a few people I know. Then again I don't really know many people who play the guitar. Other than that I'm not really that musical unless you count having to be able to reads notation and basic paino. I prefere listening to the great musical talents because it sounds much better than any of the stuff I come out with!

I view my voice as an instrument, as I have studied singing techniques, like posture and other random things. I like singing, but I've only been doing it for two years. Next year I'll be a junior!
    Life and death are strange things. When you look at your hands, do you think of the lives you give or take with them? Do you feel as if many lives rest upon your shoulders? Or do they end with your hand? Are you a saint? Are you a heathen? Of course not. Existence cannot be defined by such generalizations. We all live in a complex web of life, and affect it in our own ways. When we throw our stone into the water, how big will the ripples be?

What is truly more powerful and destructive; action, or idleness? Words, or silence?

- Sharzademar

PS: I'm very ADD, so I forget about things fast. Sharzademar, back again!

The Concert Hall: For the Love of Classical Music

My TFF Family
    PM if you want to join!

My Lost fan niece, Unknown Entity.

For the love of God or any deity you may or may not worship, please Stop Dr. Uwe Boll

I play pretty much any band instrument you can think of (my main ones are flute and trumpet...and no, I'm not gay for being a male flute player. I just know how to get the ladies XD). I also play some acoustic and electric guitar.

And the pennywhistle.

Got it memorized?

If you would like a member for your family, send me a PM!

Aera Kiasaki
    Flute, Piccolo, Piano, and I sing. I have a nice guitar I want to learn how to play.

Flute- been playing for almost 5 years and am pretty good for my age. I was in the All-State Red Band.
    Piccolo- been playing for almost 3 years and am decent at it.
    Piano- been playing since I was a little girl. I can play whatever I please if I have the will power and the time to practice.
    Voice- been singing since I was a little girl. I'm taking voice lessons from an awesome teacher, and that is helping me a lot. I sing in my Church choir.

Full Time Glompasaurus what instruments do u play? Raider's Avatar
    i play drums mainly but know a tad of guitar

drums am going for my Grade 3 in October
    Guitar - know how to play the main riff of 2 songs
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

Cilla vs. Games what instruments do u play? Priscilla's Avatar
    I play the Clarinet and the Alto Saxaphone. Well I used to. I still have them just havn't picked them up for awhile because I havn't had the time.

When I get my license, I am going to learn the violin. I have to get my license first so I can go to lessons though =[

VictoriaValentine
    I've played trumpet since 6th grade(5 years), i stopped but i'm planning on starting up again next year for ochestra Also am taking guitar! Wish i could learn piano and violin but i'm not that talented haha.

I hate to brag but you give me no choice.

Electric/Acoustic Guitar - 20 Years
    Bass Guitar - 13 years
    Drums - 14 years
    Violin - 18 years
    Cello - 8 years
    Piano/Keyboard - 20 years
    Piccolo/Flute/Recorder - 17 years

And plenty others, those are just my top few.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I learnt how to play the piano, but if you gave me one today, I wouldn't be able to play it - or I will, but just really badly lol!

I'm trying to learn how to play a guitar. Its my mums guitar, but she doesn't use it. I thought it was a shame that its glossy wood has only seen light very few times... So I found the "How to play..." book and DVD, and I'm gonna try and learn on my own...

OH! AND there are days when I can sing if that counts. Other days, I sound bad... My friends are my witnesses. I guess if I want it enough, I can lol...
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 06-23-2008 at 05:08 AM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I am currently into my second year of Guitar lessons. My teacher is great! It's a lot of fun! I hope to one day learn Piano, and at least a little bit of drums. Learning to play the Violin would be nice, as well.

Guitar(for less than a year)
    Drums for about 8 years

what instruments do u play? Slick's Avatar
    Drum's Since I was a wee kiddie
    Under drums I played for a drum line on the snare for Nebraska's all state band.
    Played drums for three bands, 68 Whiskey, Saltt, and Beautiful Vesper (taken over by Byron Armajo)
    Been giving drum lesson's since 8th grade. I started advancing my skills with the Hardcore side and was taught by Casie Bauman who was taught (no lie) by the drummer from As I Lay Dying. Me and Byron Armajo (who tours in Wisconsin with some gig right now) played hours upon hours after football every day my junior year. When I broke my knee my senior year I couldn't really play that often so I started playing acoustic guitar. That's when I got into composing music, since I couldn't wrestle or play football senior year playoffs, I was pretty depressed and started writing music on the lines of Flaw.
    Currently switching from a Tama Acoustic to a Roland Electric. ONly reason is for quietness though.
    Been playing Bass guitar for a while, I like it because I want to play like Korn
    Learning the fundamentals of the Acoustic. Want to learn for music writing reason's.
    Trumpet: Kind of a two year thing, my friend and I were doing it as a joke for his mother, but then I played one day at a VBall game and the girls thought it was funny so I continued.
    Piano, mother taught me on her grand. Haven't really kept at it, was a little rusty last time I played.
    Anything that I can make sounds with I'll compose music from. I can beat box, I always mess around on the cell phone making tunes, and I like to mix.

Want to learn Violin, I don't care what guy thinks that's gay, when I heard Metallica and Syberian Orchestra together, I wanted to learn ever since.

My hopeful views on what I'm composing it is to have background sounds like Linkin Park and Spineshank, guitar's sounds like Flaw and Korn, female singer like Amy lee, male singer like chester from LP, and maybe a bit of rapness to it like Limp Bizkit.
    Last edited by Slick; 07-15-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here. what instruments do u play? diaryofjane's Avatar
    I play the clarinet, alto clarinet, and BASS CLARINET!! i also play the keyboard insturments, like the vibes, glokinspel, the xlophone, and the marimba. And i tried the tenor sax didnt work out
    My FF Family:
    God Daughter: LoVeLeSs
    God Father: Dark Squall

"I am lost in life and will always be lost in life. And no matter what, I'll always be lost and broken. Oh i'm here physicaly, but not mentaly, or maybe i'm here in both ways, maybe not. Dream big, and dear to dream."

I play the keyboard/piano. But i also want to play the drums. Sometimes my lessons get boring

The Final Fantasy's Offical Emo what instruments do u play? Lithium's Avatar
    I have taught myself to play the harp a bit, while singing opera along with, and I must say it is really fun.

At the moment that is the only insturment I play, (Unless you consider your voice as an instrument...)

Although the hard part about the opera thing is the keeping your voice from dying out. It gets annoying when my voice cracks and breaks when I sing sometimes...
    I could decide to stop breathing, I may decide to die. Only to show you what I truly mean. ~Devon L. Kay
    ~Signature made by Mike of Legend of Zelda~
    Just because I smile, does not mean I am happy. Just because I laugh, does not mean I am not hiding something. When I cry, something is wrong. When I am sad, do not comfort me. And when I love you, it is forever. ~Devon L. Kay
    The blood that spills, to the tears that I cry. I only wish for the nighttime to come. I wait and I wonder, I whisper and I stare, there is nothing that is ever there. I slowly close my eyes, as they grow silver with lust. ~Devon L. Kay
    All quotes by me

I invented Go-Gurt. what instruments do u play? Clint's Avatar
    I used to know how to play the bass guitar, pretty well, actually, but then one day I realized that I really don't want to play an instrument, so I stopped. It's not that I didn't enjoy playing an instrument, it's just that, I didn't like playing an instrument.

Registered User what instruments do u play? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Electric gitar(1 year)
    Treble cleft Bariton(almost 2 years)

Ive played Guitar for about 2 years, self taught.. I am at an Intermediate level.
    Ive played Trumpet for about 5 Years.. Was is the highest level band for 3 of the years.
    Also played Bass for 2 years and now trying to learn drums
    -- " I would love to own a ship that runs on smiles .. Would be alot cheaper than gas ><" --

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast