Thread: The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album

Tsuna Feesh The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album Fate's Avatar

The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album

Well, I'm not certain how popular Within Temptation is on this forum, but I do recall the band's name coming up on several occasions. Either way, for any fans that may have not yet known, Within Temptation announced in November of 2010 that the title of their upcoming fifth studio album would be The Unforgiving.

The album is released alongside some comics and short films, with one short film having been released just last week. Earlier in January of 2011, though, they also had a new single titled Faster on YouTube. Here's the video if anyone hasn't seen it:

And here's the short film titled Mother Maiden that Faster accompanies. This is the short film as well as the full version of the song:

This is the first of three short films, so we can be expecting two more to come.

Also, the new album will be released on March 25, 2011.

Personally, I love the new single. I think they took a different approach, but it worked so well. I'm really excited to the new album, and the short film was great. I love the horrifying aspect and how it all tells a tale. Epic. <3

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Re: The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album

Really looking foward to the new album, the new single sounds great. I've been a fan of WT since 'Silent Force', and I've seen them live (with Iron Maiden, any excuse to bring that up ).

The new single does sound different, but it still has their signature sound. So yeah, really looking foward to hearing the album.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album Xanatos's Avatar

When you're a fan of Within Temptation as long as I am you get used to diversity they offer every now and then, their signature is still there and that what really matters.

It's been a while since anything good was released, as far as Gothic Metal/Rock goes, with exception of "Tear the World Down" by We are the Fallen, which will make the release of their new album even more so sweat.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

It's almost here! It's actually released March 25 in the Netherlands and March 29 in the United States, but oh, well. It's close!

Just as an update from a while back if anyone hasn't been searching through and through for as much information as they can such as myself (XD), here are thirty second samples from all twelve songs (I don't really consider the first a "song," actually; more of an introductory voice clip) to The Unforgiving:

I personally love In the Middle of the Night, Murder, Shot in the Dark, Iron, and A Demon's Fate most, but this is the first time listening to a completely new album for any band that I can say every song is amazing.

Here's a sixty second sample of Sinéad, also:

And this is a longer version of In the Middle of the Night (not real, I don't believe; it's just edited together) that contains an instrumental part not in the samples. It's that instrumental part that makes the song my favorite on the album.

Faster and Sinéad are two of the three singles on The Unforgiving, with Shot in the Dark being the third. This is a full version of the song, but it's of a very, very low quality. There's quite a bit of static, but if you can put that past you, it's absolutely amazing.

Oh, and just in case anybody hasn't heard of this song, it's the very first written by the band members for the new album. It was shown during the end of 2010, and it's called Where is the Edge. I realized that I made no mention of it in the opening post, so here it is for anybody who has not listened to the full version. According to Robert (or was it Sharon?), this song, being the first written for the album, sounds the most like their last album, The Heart of Everything. (And Shot in the Dark was the second to be written, and that was the song that really pushed them in a new direction.)

At the moment, no new short films have been released yet, but the first issue of the comic book which will accompany the album has been released. There will be six issues. Every two months, a new issue will be released. You can't understand the full story if you just watch the short films or listen to the songs, since it's kind of more in depth with the actual comic books. The reason why it'll take two months for every new issue is because...they're still in work. xD

God, I'm sooo excited about this album!

::EDIT::

Stupid copyright. >_>
    Last edited by Fate; 03-14-2011 at 08:04 PM.

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

Registered User The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album Shiro's Avatar

I'm quite a big Within Temptation fan, and though I found Faster extremely 'poppy' I've come to get used to their singles being very commercial, while the rest of the album tends to contain the really good songs. I'm looking forward to the new album, as they are a band that are constantly evolving and developing. Sharon is an inspiration for me as a singer because she began with no musical training, she is simply blessed with an astounding voice, and uses minimal effects on it - she sounds exactly the same when singing live, and her singing improves with every album.

Oh, huge update! A couple days ago, somebody uploaded all the songs from the album to YouTube, so it's now possible to listen to them all. The first is a short intro/voice clip (taken from the Mother maiden short film that accompanied the single Faster), with music in the background. it really sets the mood for the album, so check it out. Here are all the songs in order:

Why Not Me:

Shot in the Dark:

In the Middle of the Night:

Faster:

Fire and Ice:

Iron:

Where is the Edge:

Sinéad:

Lost:

Murder:

A Demon's Fate:

Stairway to the Skies:

I HIGHLY recommend listening to In the Middle of the Night and Murder. However, this is one of few albums where I absolutely love every single song. It's amazing. x____x
    Last edited by Fate; 03-19-2011 at 03:19 PM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album Xanatos's Avatar

I think we can all agree that this was worth the wait, one of their best albums. Shot In The Dark, In the Middle of the Night, and Where Is The Edge are the songs that won my heart right away.

To be honest I was a little bit skeptical as to how this was going to turn out, skeptical since Faster, while not bad, is not really on right level as far as Within Temptation goes, that, and latest trend where my favorite artists keep disappointing me with their recent releases.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Magically Delicous The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album Merlin's Avatar

I'm a big fan of Nightwish and Epica, and have always considered Within Temptation to be a distant third. But, since neither of them have released anything in a while their position on my list might shift. I haven't listened to every song here to completion, but I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. I'll definitely be giving this band another try. Thanks for posting this. ^^

The second short film, titled Sinéad, was uploaded by Within Temptation earlier this morning. It's the film for (you guessed it) Sinéad, the second single of the album. There seems to be no music video to follow the film in the video, like with the first short film and Faster. Still, it is rather interesting. Here it is:

Although, in this interview, you can catch a little preview of all the music videos. The video for Sinéad seems rather different from Within Temptation and the one for Shot in the Dark seems like a black-and-white Faster-style one, but they did say that they spent all the money into making the short films. Here it is, though:

Also, if anybody is interested, they've had the prequel to the comic (also titled The Unforgiving), called "Perdition," on their website for a short while now. It gives a glimpse at the plot. This link leads to it, so check it out if you have time; it's certainly interesting: http://www.within-temptation.com/1655-2/

Registered User The Unforgiving - Within Temptation 2011 Album winterborn86's Avatar

Definetely going to getting the album!! I love Within Temptation and I'm loving the new songs too.
    I will have to keep a look out for it on Itunes.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco