Thread: Tool or A Perfect Circle?

Tool or A Perfect Circle?

Anyone into them?

I really like them both! Tools lyrics are so amazing and great. They seem like one thing on the surface but if you think about it there is a much deeper hidden meaning behind it all. APC are like that too but not to such a great extent. I think I prefer Tool more though as I like more of their songs overall, but im really not sure. I cant decide which I like more, but I really like them both^^

APC however has one of the best songs I have ever heard. The Noose. Amazing.
    Last edited by You; 05-29-2008 at 02:17 PM.

Saransoah
    Both are great bands, I like Tool better though. A bit.

Blog Entries
    I enjoy tool more, imo their enigmatic lyrics coupled with some awesome kickass music makes them more appealing to me. Vicarious made it on Rolling Stone's list of 100 best rock songs ever made, Prison Sex was such a good song that MTV had to ban the video because it was just too good, and Parabola is one of my favorite songs ever. Sure, APC has a lot going for them, but to me they just don't have that same feel like Tool does.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Bass Player Extraordinaire Tool or A Perfect Circle? Joe's Avatar
    I love Tool! Their lyrics are awesome, and I love the creativity of their music. They are one of the most creative bands when it comes to guitar riffs, bass guitar, and their drummer is simply superb, imho.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Well Tool is very good and then A Perfect Circle is good as well so this is a hard one.Well Tool i remember for only a few songs such as Parabola and Schism while i remember A Perfect Circle for the awesome cover of Imagine,The Noose,and Weak and Powerless.I guess id vote A Perfect Circle due to how their songs have memories attached for me.

i think i might have to go with a perfect circle i like that song called Imagine. i like the lyrics and the beat to it

Tool has a history of amazing albums, from their very first all the way up until now. Maynard is absolutely amazing in Tool.

A Perfect Circle's first album was absoltely amazing, Billy Howerdell really showed his shit there, but their 2nd album was only so-so, and their third and final wasn't even very good.

Tool is a way better band than A Perfect Circle, and easily rank amongst my top 5 bands ever, which Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Flogging Molly are a part of.

I mean, seriously... it should be no contest as to which of the bands Maynard sings for is better... and hell, Puscifer is better than APC by this point. Tool is vastly superior.

Edit: At above poster... Imagine was originally written by John ****ing Lennon, one of the greatest songwriters in history, no one in A Perfect Circle had anything to do with the writing of that song, and it's a sub-par to poor cover, at that.
    Last edited by Sean; 06-14-2008 at 01:25 AM.

I would have to agree with Sean, tool has put out far more great albums the APC. Don't get me worng APC isn't that a bad band by no means but I really fail to see where any compairisons can be made. I have seen tool live in concert and they put on a hell of a show, I have only seen live shows taped on videos from APC but they dont seem to have the energy that tool has.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I really like them both! Tools lyrics are so amazing and great. They seem like one thing on the surface but if you think about it there is a much deeper hidden meaning behind it all. APC are like that too but not to such a great extent. I think I prefer Tool more though as I like more of their songs overall, but im really not sure. I cant decide which I like more, but I really like them both^^

APC however has one of the best songs I have ever heard. The Noose. Amazing.
    Omg.
    You took the words right outta my head,
    My thoughts on them exactly.

And yes.
    I love The Noose.
    It is by far there most amazing song.

I once took a four hour ride with a friend. For about two hours, we listened to Tool. I began to feel my ears go numb, so I asked him to change it. He responded by putting on A Perfect Circle.

Both are so-so for me. I would probably pick A Perfect Circle just for Paz Lenchantin and James Iha.