Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Songs that annoy you

Boxer of the Galaxy Songs that annoy you Rowan's Avatar

Songs that annoy you

---
    Last edited by Rowan; 03-10-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Re: Songs that annoy you

I hate to say it but Katy Perry's Firework song needs to die. It's not even catchy. I usually enjoy everything of hers but that song makes me s*hit myself, every time, and not in a good way.

Also Bruno Mars's "Just the way you are" is the worst T_T; I hope I never hear it again for the rest of my life.

@Starfighter, Lyrics are the last thing I'm worried about when I listen to Electro

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Boxer of the Galaxy Songs that annoy you Rowan's Avatar

Having produced and even sung dance music myself, I understand the complexities that come into the production of many songs.

Phoenix City | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

you can listen to my work on there, every track is an original done by myself and a friend. We had a pretty bad falling out, and deleted the original myspace page. Proud to say we had over 8000 people who added us and over 100,000 views. Too bad we had the falling out, otherwise we may have kept up with it.

being musicians, we felt we should explore every avenue.

sorry if thats a little off topic,
    anyway.

I guess what im trying to say is that the music wouldnt be half as bad if it didnt have the cliche' lyrics going to it.

Lady Succubus Songs that annoy you Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Screw you if you don't like DeadMau5. And yes, I like a lot of Katy Perry's stuff. I'm a sucker for pop/dance music.

Songs that annoy me, though. I really only have one. YouTube - Street Fighter 4 - Music: Theme (eng)

And that's only because I've heard it -so much-. >.<

Also this one: YouTube - TNA - RVD New theme song - Best Quality

I prefer this one: YouTube - Rob Van Dam 2005 Titantron - One of a Kind

Registered User Songs that annoy you

BLACK AND YELLOW. BLACK AND YELLOW. BLACK AND YELLOW. BLACK AND YELLOW.

Apologies to the people that like it, but I just really can't stand listening to it anymore. I was never a fan, but I used to be able to tolerate it. However, it got waaay overplayed on the radio, and now just I'm sick of it.

Time of My Life (Dirty Bit) by the Black Eyed Peas is pretty annoying too. One of my little cousins loves it though, and she'll sing along to it too. This is another song that plays on the radio constantly...so I hear it all....the...time... ><

So I suppose, pretty much the only songs that will outright annoy me are the ones I have to hear constantly...those two I mentioned are the most recent offenders though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

@ Dodie

I love that song! haha

Actually there's a story behind that. The only reason I like it as much as I do is because it's my cousin's set ring tone for her boyfriend so whenever he called (every 2 seconds) all I hard was "YEAH AH HAA YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS !! "
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-23-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Consistently Average Songs that annoy you Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Two words Justin. Beiber. He's such an annoying little thing that whenever i see/ hear him i turn off and then hit the offending t.v/ radio that played him, i apologise soon after. Oh wait this is about annoying songs. Well then i guess its all his songs. i hate the way he goes "aye aye" or in um his first song it doesnt help that they're played all the time, well they were but im hearing less of him now that people realised they hated him too. i also dont like the way guys like him are disposable pop stars, anyone heard form the Jonas Brothers lately?

Im sorry if i got way off track.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries

***** DETAILED POST INCOMING HOLY SHIT WATCH OUT *****

Taking this straight off of top40-charts.com as of 2/23/11:

1. Born this Way - Lady Gaga (I hated this song from day 1, what a Madonna ripoff)

2. Firework - Katy Perry (my friend met her and said she harped about how she was against men treating "women like objects", but yet she shoots shit out of her boobies in every video so she automatically loses)

3. Grenade - Bruno Mars (shittay.)

4. Black and Yellow - Wiz Khalifa (I actually like him because I've been listening to him since 08 and I'm glad he got his break. Werd up my nucca <3)

5. ****in Perfect - Pink (ew.)

6. **** you - Cee Lo Green (not bad but the edit version is stupidly dumb.)

7. S&M - Rihanna (its okay but it will get overplayed quickly.)

8. What the Hell - Avril (oh shi shes on a comeback! its catchy but songs about how its ok to be a cheating hoe loses points with me.)

9. The Time - BYP (*shudders*)

10. Tonight - Enrique and Luda (overplayed.)

11. Hit the Lights - Jay Sean (actually never heard of it because I keep hearing "OH OH OH FIREWORKS" every 10 minutes so idk.)

12. Hold it against me - Britney Spears (Britney trying to reinvent herself by adding dubstep to her songs, wtf gtfo plz)

13. Yeah 3x - Chris Brown (I like this song! "Hey everyone its Chris Brown!" <3 che.)

14. Rocketeer - Far East Movement (I liked at first but it got overplayed)

15. Move - Usher (I'm into Usher's stuff and its better than OMG but it's gonna get overplayed quickly.)

16. Just the Way You Are (a nice song to show off his singing talent but not once an hour, please radios spare me the sappy lovey dovey stuff.)

17. Hey Baby - Pitbull (Pitbull is really bad now and is a sellout to top40 so **** him.)

18. Whats my Name - Rihanna & Drake (really good song and I'm surprisingly not bored of it yet even after having it played all the time)

19. I do - Colbie Caillat (never heard)

20. 6 foot 7 foot - Lil Wayne (I've only heard it once but its not bad)

21. Higher - Taio Cruz (overplayed and he's ugly)

22. Never Say Never - Justin Bieber (not bad and I'm a J Beebs fan so it works out)

23. Coming Home - Diddy (overplayed.)

24. Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri (baad)

you know what, I can't do this anymore without seriously contemplating some homicide, lets just leave it at most of the top40 stuff is bad and needs to not be played once every 30 minutes, I dont like any of my music enough to do that all day everyday, let alone in a place that puts me in a space where I can do harm to myself and my others (i.e. , my car.)

anyone who says that Katy Perry makes dance/pop music needs to be shot. Yeah shes hot and has talent, but her persuits lie better elsewhere, like on the street corner.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith. Seriously.

I know she's probably pumped up about being a young kid with with a popular song, but the hell? That song makes me grind my teeth with hate. And she just comes across as such a little spoiled brat in that video with the attitude she displays. Also, she's HOW old, and she's dressed up like a ****ing tart.

Maybe I just don't like attitude from kids. =/

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Agreed. So much. Hearing the opening is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Although it might have to to do with the fact that my friends play that damned game so damned much. At least the new one got rid of that song.

But yeah, unrelated to video games...
    This song sucks. So does this song. Actually, the majority of both these artists' songs suck. Those are just two songs that come to mind to illustrate the kind of music I don't like. Also, shit like this that made people hate on pop-punk and emo ever since the early 2000's. And the reason why anything that deals with even slightly emotional subject matter and is by a rock band is immediately labeled "emo." Also, P-Diddy and rappers like him are the reason I hate most rap. Huge egos. I don't like any artists that generally talk about how awesome they are, how much money they have, etc, all the time. Much less when that clearly carries over into their personality, too. Save to say I just don't care for huge egos.

I try not to listen to top 40 stations as a rule. Whenever I go to the bowling alley, I try to ignore the stupid music they play. Anyhoo...

Wuv,Yer Mom

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Songs that annoy you che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's funny to me how people (with elitist attitudes mostly) think that all music = lyrics. What happened to music just being music?

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries

Lyrics are like half the song. If they are saying something annoying, stupid, or horrible, I am probably not going to want to listen to that song. Even so, I don't like that Usher song for its extreme simplicity. Even compared to techno or classic punk songs, it would be simple. And both those genres have excuses; techno usually builds on itself, and punk songs are so short and energetic, it usually doesn't matter. Besides, without the lyrics, a lot rap songs wouldn't be anything anyway; a lot of them just sample something in the background that plays over and over again by itself. (Note: I didn't say all rap music.)

Although I shouldn't just assume you were referring to me at all, should I? Kinda presumptuous of me. Oh well. Thank you for making me feel like an asshole for sharing my opinions, che Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries

I disagree. Lyrics are not half the song. Otherwise wtf is this. YouTube - Wagner - RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES - Furtwangler

No lyrics, overwhelming song. A lot of great music has no lyrics. xP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nFKPVfDrgU
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-24-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    Lyrics are like half the song. If they are saying something annoying, stupid, or horrible, I am probably not going to want to listen to that song. Even so, I don't like that Usher song for its extreme simplicity. Even compared to techno or classic punk songs, it would be simple. And both those genres have excuses; techno usually builds on itself, and punk songs are so short and energetic, it usually doesn't matter. Besides, without the lyrics, a lot rap songs wouldn't be anything anyway; a lot of them just sample something in the background that plays over and over again by itself. (Note: I didn't say all rap music.)

Although I shouldn't just assume you were referring to me at all, should I? Kinda presumptuous of me. Oh well. Thank you for making me feel like an asshole for sharing my opinions, che Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    I dunno if I was referring to you or not, I just kinda skimmed this thread, didn't really read who wrote what.

God I want so much to write like a 2 page paper on this topic, but I won't let myself. Music is gonna be music. If people like it, (it doesn't have to be you), it's going to be called music and it's going to be successful. You can "pride" yourself on liking "only the 'good' stuff", but that will only get you so far. Once you start NOT listening to stuff just because it's not supposed to be good, you've caved in.

This is why I like trance/house/electronica. There's almost NO lyrics, and you can still FEEL the music. That's what music is about. Some try to add lyrics, and fail, I agree, but to me music isn't ALWAYS about lyrics. In rap, I can still respect a beat and say "damn, that shit goes hard as ****" while recognizing the lyrics suck. But can I also go back in time and say Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg have had the most perfect lyrics ever, and with the complementation of a beat it was amazing? No, because of the lyrics. Did I still like the song? Yes.

Shit's not always yes or no. What is music? It's how you feel listening to it. Do you LIKE it? And don't ****ing say "oh well my brother has pissed all over every techno album I've ever heard of since I've grown up, so now I just don't like techno". Take a step back, what IS music?

What is really good, and what isn't good? Is there skill involved? Does it matter?

edit: I realized I didn't give enough credit to great lyrics. If you have great lyrics, you have great lyrics, but that doesn't necessarily mean your instruments sound good, or whatever. Honestly, it's rare to have both, and when it happens, it's magical.
    Last edited by che; 02-24-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Blog Entries

I will clarify that I mean lyrics are a big influence when they're in a song. Yeah, there are instrumental songs, and a lot of those are awesome. I like a lot of instrumental music, too. Like movie soundtracks, and some of my favorite bands have an instrumental here and there. Reel Big Fish did, too. Anyway, tangent. And if I have anything to say to what che responds with, I'll edit this post and say it. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: So I'm confused. Do you think I don't really know why I don't like certain music that I don't like? That last part about "my brother said this" seems to be referring to me, as he was a big influence on me growing up, though I don't know how often I've said that here or if you would remember that. I don't like everything that he likes either, though. He actually likes quite a bit of music that I just can't get into. Not liking artists like P Diddy or Usher were conclusions I've come to on my own, based on my own tastes and distastes. There have been times that I have tried to give similar artists a try, but I've thought, "...no, I just don't like this." It could have something to do with past experiences growing up or who liked or didn't like it, but I can safely say that whatever I like or dislike has very little basis in what anyone else thinks anymore.

EDIT edit: If you're saying that we should respect some music even if we don't like that, I can do that for some music. Not all, though. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries

No, totally, I get it. I think we SHOULD respect music that we don't necessarily "like". Same goes for everything in life. You don't have to like something to respect it. But if you genuinely do NOT like Usher/P Diddy, I can also see why, from my own POV until you tell me yours, and that's okay with me.

My problem with people nowadays is they follow everyone else. "Oh, I don't like Fallout Boy, that's TOO EMOOOO". So what? etc I JUST wish people liked music for music, not liking music for a status.

But in the end you're gonna respect who you respect, and thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    2. Firework - Katy Perry (my friend met her and said she harped about how she was against men treating "women like objects", but yet she shoots shit out of her boobies in every video so she automatically loses)
    Didn't know that, but now I dislike her even more. I saw her "California Girls" music video on TV a few days ago and I really thought WTF. Just WTF. And then she says that she doesn't want to be an object to men??? Seriously, this woman's plain stupid.
    Plus, her songs REALLY are annoying. Not only the Firework song. It's also California Girls and... the rest. I don't know the names of all of them. ^^"

5. ****in Perfect - Pink (ew.)
    Nearly EVERYTHING Pink sings is so annoying... she's like a little girl who wants to rebel against her parents... and I don't like her drinking song. So annoying -_-

9. The Time - BYP (*shudders*)
    I like the original song, actually. And I dislike how they raped the song... though I didn't like the movie - but the song really was nice. Sometimes people shouldn't cover songs... especially not when they want to do an electro-version. (Is this even electro? I don't know ^^")

As for songs Rocky hasn't mentioned yet: Nearly everything on the radio. Just because you hear it too often.
    When I drive to uni in the morning, I listen to the same songs as on my way back. -_-

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Nearly EVERYTHING Pink sings is so annoying... she's like a little girl who wants to rebel against her parents... and I don't like her drinking song. So annoying -_-
    Strongly agree! Her songs haunt me, too. My ihome alarm is just the radio, and I swear everytime I have to wake up it's HER, and it makes me hate myself because I'm already not a morning person.

get connec-ted for free FREE with edu-ca-toin con-nect-tion! get connec-ted for free FREE with edu-ca-toin con-nect-tion!

Blog Entries

Like I told Rocky on MSN last night; It's cool that Katy Perry has her views, but really, don't enforce the opposite. Otherwise you're just a hypocrite. If you -really- hate women being objectified, stop objectifying yourself. Lol.

Registered User Songs that annoy you winterborn86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    I whip my hair back and forth.

Now I've got that out of my system, I agree it's an annoying song, but it's one of those annoying songs that will forever be in your head. I hate the fact that I love to sing along, I'm so ashamed of myself.

I will not listen to anything that come from Justin Bieber's mouth, he iritates me. Just seeing his film advertised on tv makes me want to throw the remote at it.

But the song I hate the most, is Joe Le Taxi bu Vanessa Paradis. It's an old song (1988) but I hate it with a passion.

@ Rocky, how daaaaare!!!! you not like Lady GaGa's song, it's my new music love right now

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Songs that annoy you ZantetsukeN's Avatar

The one song that has always annoyed the effing hell out of my is 'Sugar We're Going Down' by Fall Out Boy. I can't stand the guy's vocals and the chorus is so damn annoying.

Also, that Florence and the Machine song. Don't know what it's called, but the one that still gets played everywhere. I can't stand that damn song.

Also, the cliche answers like Justin Beiber, Black Eyed Peas, Ndubz etc etc

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Songs that annoy you Xanatos's Avatar

You should hear lyrics our local pop artists use in their songs, sad thing is, teen's are crazy about it.

There are several artists I personally can't stand, though they have already been mentioned multiple times so I'll head directly to song I hate the most, Rehab by Amy Winehouse. Be it the artist itself, which makes the song even more ironic, lame music, and lyrics, not sure myself, but I hate it with passion.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 02-24-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

wake me up..when september ends...
    ...drenched in my pain again..
    ..becoming who we are...

is there anything in the world more cheesy?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JuzamDjinn View Post
    wake me up..when september ends...
    ...drenched in my pain again..
    ..becoming who we are...

is there anything in the world more cheesy?
    I dunno but I can't think of anything more annoying than having to google a song someone ELSE finds annoying because you don't recognize the lyrics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JuzamDjinn View Post
    get connec-ted for free FREE with edu-ca-toin con-nect-tion! get connec-ted for free FREE with edu-ca-toin con-nect-tion!
    Speaking of that.. .. What is this? XD;
    What's it come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Speaking of that.. .. What is this? XD;
    What's it come from?
    It's from a commercial that comes on durring shows like family guy here in the states. I honestly couldn't tell you exactly what it is.

YouTube - Education Connection Commercial Jingle
    kindof catchy, and the girl is cute.

che: it's a Green Day song, I assume it's called "wake me up when september ends"

Blog Entries

Oh wow I've never seen that commercial before, haha. Then again I don't watch Family Guy.... or much TV really, I mostly just stream/download my shows off torrents and stuff.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Songs that annoy you Tallulah's Avatar

This one. I heard it on an 80s radio station the other day and it really got to me. I hadn't heard it for ages and I know why. It's a great little tune, but the vocals just ruin it! He sounds like a younger version of Wagner (of UK X Factor 2010 fame). That says it all. Look him up if you dare...
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Registered User Songs that annoy you winterborn86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This one. I heard it on an 80s radio station the other day and it really got to me. I hadn't heard it for ages and I know why. It's a great little tune, but the vocals just ruin it! He sounds like a younger version of Wagner (of UK X Factor 2010 fame). That says it all. Look him up if you dare...
    Haha!! Good old Wagner. He certainly knew how to kill a good song.

I'm loving the education connection, not not quite as good as "Go Compare" guy I think I'm the only person who doesn't hate him.

YouTube - Gocompare.com, Gio Compario - Coffee Shop

I'm starting to find Rhianna quite annoying, the other half is in love with her every day all I hear is:

"Come on rude boy, boy
    Can you get it up
    Come here rude boy, boy
    Is you big enough"

"Give it to me baby, Like boom, boom, boom"

Seriously? A song about sex? Do we really need that?

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast