Thread: RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot

The Strongest Fusion RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Gogeta's Avatar

RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot

Everyone, today as many of you have probably heard, Paul Gray has died in Iowa (and yes it is Ironic because of an album). I think that everyone will miss him and should remember him as another part in the world of music and not grieve over his death, but continue to live realizing that we must keep supporting Slipknot and continue our daily lives.

What are your guys' opinions on this?
    Final Fantasy games played:1,2,3,6,7,9,10,12,13
    Final Fantasy games beaten:7,10,13

I really didnt get too much into 1-3, I got about halfway through 6, didnt play 9 that much, and played 12 at a friends house.

Memento Rhapso RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot

Quote Originally Posted by Zolarp000 View Post
    Everyone, today as many of you have probably heard, Paul Gray has died in Iowa (and yes it is Ironic because of an album). I think that everyone will miss him and should remember him as another part in the world of music and not grieve over his death, but continue to live realizing that we must keep supporting Slipknot and continue our daily lives.

What are your guys' opinions on this?
    They came from Iowa actually, so it's not irony, it's dying in his homeland lol
    As for the band, their bass sounded standard, and a standard bassist is easy to come across so they should be pretty ok in that aspect (from their music, he was no Cliff Burton, god of bass)
    Anyone know how he died?

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

The Strongest Fusion RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Gogeta's Avatar

No one will know for about 4-6 weeks, and I just saw the live press conference and 3 of the members didnt say anything, but for those who did, i thought it was very brave of them to do so because they said what they thought.
    Final Fantasy games played:1,2,3,6,7,9,10,12,13
    Final Fantasy games beaten:7,10,13

I really didnt get too much into 1-3, I got about halfway through 6, didnt play 9 that much, and played 12 at a friends house.

Blog Entries

how dare you all talk shit about my homeland!!!

There hasn't been an official statement on what happened yet from the band, and there is no suspicion of foul play at this time. An autopsy will happen in a couple days though, which (hopefully) can explain the cause of death.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot

I'm not really a fan, but when I heard about this, I decided to check out some stuff about him on the ol' Wikipedia page. When I did, there was a whole lot of trolling going on. People edited the page to say some pretty disrespectful stuff. It has since then been locked up so there can only be edits done by people who are authorized to do so, or at least it was the last time I checked. Makes me wonder if the same thing happened when other famous people died... It probably did.

Anyway, enough of that...

Even though I'm not all that familiar with their music, it's still sad that he died. I'll be checking out updates as they happen, because I do like to be informed.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Polk's Avatar

I guess he'll be making terrible music in heaven now.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Godsmack Worshipper RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Omega Weapon's Avatar
    Lived by the rules you that you gave me and fell apart. All the wrong turns down a dead end street so far. I stretched my wings and breath in different day. Alone and broken is the price I pay but that's ok...

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    I guess he'll be making terrible music in heaven now.
    Haha. I tend to enjoy their music from time to time.

To be honest with you guys, Slipknot blew me away with Snuff. I never though a band like Slipknot with their aggressive music would write such an amazing song that would become one of my all-time favorites from the first listen.

Now, speaking of their bassist, I admit I've never heard of him before, yet I feel so sorry for him, his band, his wife, and his unborn child.

RIP Paul. You will never be forgotten by your fans.
    Last edited by Omega Weapon; 05-26-2010 at 12:02 AM.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I heard some pretty disrespectful stuff about this guy over the last couple of days, and I think it should stop.

It's sad at how many musicians have passed away, and it seems like talking about them is a weekly thing nowadays. We had Ronnie James Dio last week, Peter Steele from Type O Negative a few weeks ago, and also we had The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold recently too.

Paul Gray was one of the members that stood out to me the most, mainly for his skills and his awesome mask (I always thought he had the coolest).

I started listening to Slipknot when I was 11, and they have stuck with me all that time. They were basically the soundtrack to my teen years. I still listen to them even 9 years on.

Watching the news conference with the rest of the band was really sad. He was obviously loved by many, and will be sadly missed. Hopefully this doesn't spell the end for Slipknot, but obviously there will be a different atmosphere within the band with Paul there.

RIP Paul Gray

Bananarama RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was a suspected drug overdose.

Slipknot's Paul Gray dead: '911 call says needle and pills found at scene' from 27 May 2010 - mirror.co.uk

I'm with Polk on this one. It's a shame the dude is dead, because I don't want to see anyone go before their time, but Slipknot sucks.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Mad God RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Heartless Angel's Avatar

As much as I loathe Slipknot, I hate to see any artists die young like that, especially over stupid shit like drug OD (don't know if they determined whether or not that's what this was, don't particularly care). Why is it always rock musicians? Why don't some of the shitty rappers or disney popstars die once in a while?
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    As much as I loathe Slipknot, I hate to see any artists die young like that, especially over stupid shit like drug OD (don't know if they determined whether or not that's what this was, don't particularly care). Why is it always rock musicians? Why don't some of the shitty rappers or disney popstars die once in a while?
    Or why can't it just be YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Soulja boy tell em.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Anti- anything preppy RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Cloudluver101's Avatar

May Paul Gray rest in peace! He was a great bassist and he will be missed.
    <----Its the FAPPING!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!! Haha

The real reason why the rum is gone RIP Paul Gray of Slipknot Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

Yes, R.I.P. Paul Gray! Truly saddening news and he will be missed by many <3