Thread: Oh But What Was That Song...

Sir Prize Oh But What Was That Song... Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh But What Was That Song...

There have been threads of favorite songs and theme songs and best albums...

But...

What about that one real song that has seriously kind of hung around you all your life and when you hear it...you feel perfect. The song seems almost to like you. It seems almost sacred. It's not on your iPod...or maybe it is... It's not the song you listen to everyday. You hear it maybe once or twice a year. But looking back over your life, you suddenly realize...it is your favorite song and it has the most meaning to you.

There's really not a category for that kind of song and maybe not everyone has one, so I had to set it up. Mine is a two part-er. And I've just realized them just today... But what's funny is, I've realized they were my favorite two songs thousands of times before now. It's not Deja Vu or anything...but I'd get caught up in a genre or band or on a tangential off-road nowhere-playlist and forget the one song. I guess I'm programmed that way. But it's not a song you really know much about the artist. I mean, you may know their name, but what stands out is the song itself.

Anyway...I've totally forgotten which songs they are now...

SPOILER!!:

So what is/are yours?

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 04-13-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Re: Oh But What Was That Song...

No song is like that. I don't really have much of a favorite song when it comes to my favorite artist. I mean there are bands that I rarely listen to but mostly songs just give me nostalgia, but nothing as crazy as listening to it once a year.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Re: Oh But What Was That Song...

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    No song is like that. I don't really have much of a favorite song when it comes to my favorite artist. I mean there are bands that I rarely listen to but mostly songs just give me nostalgia, but nothing as crazy as listening to it once a year.
    /sign
    Exactly.
    I have a few favorite songs, but they change quite often. I have some favorite songs which remind me of my childhood. I have some favorite songs which remind me of people I like, friends, family, and such. But there is none which describes my life and is that fascinating. :/

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)