Thread: New Coheed Out Today

Blog Entries

New Coheed Out Today

Just picked up a copy at Target half an hour ago. My friend sent me a text and reminded me. Should've paid a bit more attention to the condition of the case; it's a bit busted up. CD seems to be fine, though. Also; the third track just started, and sounds like it's gonna KICK ASS.

Anybody else pick this up yet? Thoughts? My favorite is still "In Keeping Secrets," because of "Faint of Heart," "All the Killer," and of course, "A Favor House Atlantic." I don't skip a single track when I listen to that CD, whereas with the others, I might be inclined to. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The real reason why the rum is gone New Coheed Out Today Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

Re: New Coheed Out Today

I haven't got a copy yet D: My ex got his a few days ago though and it came with a novel or something, but I think he preordered. I've never been a huge Coheed fan but I've been getting into them a lot lately

Blog Entries

So I've listened to it a few times now. Seems to have an overall theme of hopelessness, and struggling with coping with the knowledge that you're probably not going to survive. Sounds like some people have been captured, and things are being done to them. There's also songs about a love interest who it is implied dies by the end, and it also might be implied that the narrator has had a child with someone other than her (or at least that there's some other woman with a child nearby.) I'm guessing this is about the origins of the mother and father from the Amory Wars (Coheed and Cambria.) Wonder if there's any internet speculation yet.

I still really like track 3, "Guns of Summer." I also like tracks 7 and 9 a lot "World of Lines" and "Pearl of the Stars," respectively. There's a line in "Pearls of the Stars I really like: "I'd give you everything if only I'd have known you'd take it. But you won't. 'Cause you're you. THat's why I'll always love you. My pearl of the stars." That's the chorus, actually. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Well, apparently there is an accompanying novel. Check it.

Entropic Adversary New Coheed Out Today Leonknight's Avatar

Yea claudio is a author. The name of his band came from the character names of his graphic novel. He though sometimes sounds like a girl when singing, not gonna lie, but i do like the band themselves and got to check out this new album ^^
    "Embrace the Stillness of Eternity"

Che

This album is a prequel to Armory Wars. Epic shit.

I just got my hands on it, listening now. Up to track 4, and I had to post that so far it's freaking amazing. I love every single song so far.

Death Before Dishonor New Coheed Out Today Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am actually about to go and pick it up now. I have heard some of the tracks already all of which are awesome. Can't wait to sit down and listen to the entire thing.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!