Thread: Lacuna Coil is crap. Deal with it!

Australian Goof Lacuna Coil is crap. Deal with it! Craven's Avatar

Lacuna Coil is crap. Deal with it!

No, they aren't. I'm just kidding. XD.

Do we have any Lacuna Coil fans out here? I just started getting into them myself.

I'm loving the Karmacode and Unleashed Memories albums at the moment.

Fragile - Lacuna Coil.

Thoughts and opinions?
    YOLO

Click for proof I was actually here in 2008:

Registered User Lacuna Coil is crap. Deal with it! Dimi's Avatar
    DAMN YOU CRAVEN!! And I was going to have to kill you too.

We ALL know I love Lacuna Coil. The guys are awesome. Cristina is my goddess and my "inmydreamsandneverinreality" wife and they're a really great band. I first got into them about a little over a year ago hearing "Swamped". At first, I didn't like them for some reason. So I was like, "Whatever. Shitty band." *changes channel*

Then a couple months later, I was looking for new music and I've hearing about Lacuna Coil from people. Saying that I really need to listen to them and I'll them. So I went on Youtube and clicked their "Our Truth" video and I loved it. Like, I've always been a fan of the beauty and beast vocals but Andrea and Cristina are the yin and yang of the band
    and here you have Andrea who has this strong, masculine sound that goes to the opposite of Cristina's heavenly voice. Suppodely Cristina's never taken vocal lessons in her life. Andrea is if I recall. But if Cristina did, my ears would just explode.

But yeah. I was introduced through their Karmacode album and worked my way back to their older stuff. Originally, Karmacode was my favorite album. Then Comalies was which surprisingly, I had realized that "Swamped" was on there. So I gave it another change and after a few listens I loved it. Then from there on, I worked my way to Unleashed Memories, In A Reverie, and their self-titled EP.

As of now, I physically have Comalies and Karmacode. I hope to get the rest of their CD's one day and see them live. Plus, it'd be memorable to me because it would be like my first concert I've ever been to.

As for favorite songs....

Lacuna Coil EP

The Secret
    No Need To Explain
    Soul Into Hades
    Un Fantasma Tra Noi (A Ghost Between Us)
    Falling

In A Reverie
    Honeymoon Suite
    My Wings
    To Myself I Turned
    Cold
    Reverie
    Falling Again

Unleashed Memories
    Heir Of A Dying Day
    A Current Obsession
    To Live Is To Hide
    Purify
    Senzafine
    When A Deadman Walks
    Wave Of Anguish
    Cold Heritage
    Halflife
    Hyperfast
    Stars
    Trance Awake

Comalies
    Swamped
    Heaven's A Lie
    Daylight Dancer
    Self-Deception
    Aeon
    Tight Rope
    The Ghost Woman And The Hunter
    Angel's Punishment
    Comalies
    Lost Lullaby
    Entwined
    The Prophet Said

Karmacode
    Fragile
    Our Truth
    To The Edge
    Within Me
    Devoted
    You Create
    What I See
    Fragments Of Faith
    In Visible Light
    Without Fear

Other songs (Including B-sides) are their acoustic versions of Swamped, Heaven's A Lie, and Senzafine. Their B-sides from the Karmacode era, Without A Reason And Virtual Environment. And one of their earlier recordings called Shallow End. Shallow End has a much heavier sound then the kind of music they are making now. Nevertheless, it's really good. So to those who say they were never a metal band, do your homework.
    Last edited by Dimi; 09-21-2008 at 02:29 AM.

Vagabond Thief Lacuna Coil is crap. Deal with it! Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love Lacuna Coil.I dont own any of their albums but they are on my myspace and I do have tons of their songs on my mp3 player.Fragile is a great song and I love the song Within Me.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    I don't really like them much.

I have a couple of their tracks saved off albums of theirs I used to own, but I don't have the CD's anymore.
    I used to like them more... nowadays, I barely listen to them. Maybe once every five/six months.

I like Tight Rope and The Ghost Woman and The Hunter.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Arachnie Suicide Lacuna Coil is crap. Deal with it! ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    To be honest [and you know this Craven] I really just don't like them.

I don't know what it is. They seem quite talented. I'm pretty sure I actually have In A Reverie somewhere, and used to listen to it a fair whack.

Unno. Guess it's just not my style of music, and a bit easy to get sick of.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Morning Always Comes Lacuna Coil is crap. Deal with it! Xeim's Avatar
    They sounds jurst liek Evanescence. Srsly.

Lacuna Coil. I found them, of course, through Fishiers. I think the first song I heard was Senzafine, and the moment I heard it, I had to have more. I thought they were great. I have to admit, I didn't like Andrea, the male singer's, voice at all when I first heard it. I caught myself hoping that he wouldn't be singing on many of the songs so that I wouldn't have to put up with his voice to hear Christina, whose voice is absolutely amazing.

But he grew on me. Soon I found myself liking his voice, not even just tolerating it, but liking it. He and Christina sound absolutely amazing when they sing together.

And they DON'T sound like Evanescence. Anyone who even considers such a thought needs some help. I love Evanescence, don't get me wrong. I've always thought that Amy Lee has one of the most amazing voices out there (though Christina most certainly rivals her voice). But Lacuna Coil and Evanescence? Two completely different genres. Just because they're both female fronted with amazing singers, does not mean they're at all the same.

Needed to get that out.

I'm not going to gush and say Lacuna Coil is my favorite band, but they are very talented and I thoroughly enjoy their songs. Some of my favorites include:

-Senzafine
    -Falling
    -Heaven's a Lie
    -Swamped
    -Cold Heritage

They also do a brilliant cover of Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence." I have to say that I was really taken by that song when I heard it.

Christina's vocals on Falling just...don't have any comparison. She really owns the song and pours out her emotion...the woman can really belt, haha! When I first heard it, I think I had to listen to it at least three times before I was satisfied enough to move onto the next song. It...really blew me away. It's one of those songs that you want to listen to over and over and over and...over.

As for Senzafine...Christina and Andrea just...there aren't even words that can describe it. that song is breathtaking. I once sat and listened to it on repeat for a good hour.

TFF's resident Lacuna Coil encyclopedia (See second post) also just sent me the acoustic versions to some of their songs, and they also really blew me away. The vocals and emotions really come out in them; I've been listening to Heaven's a Lie all day.

In short, I love Lacuna Coil. They're got talent. They're amazing. They blow me away frequently. And they shouldn't be overlooked by anyone.

"A promised land where fairies wait, with room just enough for two. So deliver me, help me to forget the tribulations of the day and to stay in this dream of night, where I can be thinking of you forever- take me to my bliss." - Ora and Sue's "Clover"

Only the Greatest Stuffs:

Honored to be 2008's Best Roleplayer alongside Dragonheart.

Image of Tsubasa's Fay from the Infinity arc colored and cleaned by moi. Sig by moi, aussi.

Lady Rika is my Sacrifice Echoless

My TFF Family
    Froggie, Nick, Lady Rika, Darkwolf, Sinister,
    Flash, Craven, Ann, CLOUD, Kaos_Dragon,
    Mistress Sheena, Silver, Tiger Lily, Yuuki, Halie, Rocco
    Jenova33,
    Dark Rider, Fishie, Refieth

A Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation
    Xeilie Peanut Butter, now featuring sitting ducks and deformed monkeys!

Evenesca, Halie and my home planet.
    It is a wonderful world ruled by Reno, where rainbow skin is a common sight.
    Odd numbers are illegal, hence the even number of words in this paragraph.

Member of FF Cult