View Poll Results: Axel of Slash, who's the better Guns and Roses member?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slash

6 75.00%
  • AXEl Rose

2 25.00%

Thread: Guns OR Roses???????

Lightbulb Guns OR Roses???????

im a big Guns and Roses Fan, but what do you think the world would be like if Slash never joined guns and roses, and better yet??!?!?!?!?!? if Axel Rose never join, do yoiu think Guns and roses would be good with out slash or axel

Stage Dives, High Fives. Guns OR Roses??????? Confession's Avatar
    Man, you seriously want to create flames dont you?

Why just those 2 members of GnR? what about the other members?

Althought I also Like GnR I believe that slash was the vital member of the band as soon as he left, and Buckethead Came along, the band went on a massive downfall and lost alot of respect due to axels drug use.

In my opinion, Slash kept the band together, and ultimatley Axel's drug habits destroyed it

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Meow View Post
    Man, you seriously want to create flames dont you?

Why just those 2 members of GnR? what about the other members?

Althought I also Like GnR I believe that slash was the vital member of the band as soon as he left, and Buckethead Came along, the band went on a massive downfall and lost alot of respect due to axels drug use.

In my opinion, Slash kept the band together, and ultimatley Axel's drug habits destroyed it
    that y i ask, Bh ruined GnR, im my view, and Slash was the only reson peplr went to see GnR

Wasn't Axl a forming member of the band? So without Axl there would be no Guns N Roses

Perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad thing really. The world would be free from one of the most overrated rock bands ever (they only made one decent album and that was Appetite from Destruction) and the ongoing bad joke Chinese Democracy would never have happened. Ahhh well, I suppose I am stepping on the toes of those who actually liked shitty Meatloaf wannabe stuff like November Rain and bad cover songs. Sorry, I'll stop now

Also Slash didn't make GNR. They still sucked when he was in the band.
    Last edited by Sir Kenneth; 01-10-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Overrated? Ha! I don't think so.

I LOVE THE GUNNERS!

Ahhh well, I suppose I am stepping on the toes of those who actually liked shitty Meatloaf wannabe stuff like November Rain and bad cover songs. Sorry, I'll stop now
    I don't like people who say mean things like that. ^_^ I won't say any more otherwise things might turn sour.

Axl and Slash were both very vital and great members of the band and without either of them, they wouldn't have been as good. Axl is awesome and he looked extremely good back in the 80's. Slash is a very talented guitarist and he can certainly do some excellent riffs and solos. My favorite band of all time, easily.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

kmanj
    Out of the two, I had to pick Slash because he was the most popular, and Exl Rose sounds like an old woman now, but the whole band had their shien in the spotlight. One of my favorite members was Duff McKagan who played bass in "Weet Child o Mine".

Who is Exl? I know what you mean though and I don't think he sounds like an old woman now, sure his voice isn't as strong as it once was but it's still pretty damn good in my opinion. I heard he had surgery on his voice box because all that screaming and singing over the years had a bad affect on him but whether that's true or not, who knows. I thought all the members of the band were good, even after the original members left. Izzy was awesome though, he was a great songwriter and I wish he could have stayed with the band longer. Steven Adler was cool but unfortunately he liked the drugs a bit too much, anybody seen him lately? He can barely talk, I wonder why. I think he had a stroke as well a while back. Duff is awesome too, he was and still is a great bassist. They're all awesome in my opinion and I have heard some of the new stuff and I like it. Go Axl.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Quote Originally Posted by kmanj;
    "Weet Child o Mine".
    weet?!?!? ok now im back on track, honestly both memebers made the band. loss of either (obviously slash did leave) would cause down fall, look at almost all the bands that have lost vocals or lead, they have faltered. Both added their uniqueness to the band. and if either had never joined then they probably wouldnt of made it as big as they did. but even if slash did stay i would say that axel would of still brought down fall, you cant stop an addict, the only person that can stop an addict is the addict their self.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Arachnie Suicide Guns OR Roses??????? ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    *shrug* I think that without either of them, it would be an entirely different band altogether.

They're both very vital members, and losing either of them would most certainly not've made the band better.

I didn't vote, needless to say.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

kmanj
    Yeah, sorry for all the spelling mistakes, I was a little under the influence.

The band stopped being good when Izzy Stradlin left the band. He wrote many of the songs, something that Slash didn't do. Remember, after he left, Slash and Axl made the Spaghetti Incident, so stop believing those two are geniuses. VH1 will lead you astray.

Bananarama Guns OR Roses??????? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of Guns n Roses. I like most of their mainstream hits, that are simply staples of rock (Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child o' Mine, Patience). Truth be told, I felt like most of their "best" songs were covers (Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Live and Let Die, Sympathy for the Devil and others, I'm sure) and that doesn't say a whole lot. At the same time, some of their other songs, at least on their greatest hits cd, become so dragged out, like Civil War, with its absolutely ridiculous (in a bad way) piano solo at the end. Without it, you have a simply amazing anti-war song, but the solo makes the entire theme of the song into somewhat of a joke.

Anyways, I have to say that Slash is much more crucial to GNR, mostly because, as we learned from Van Halen, it's not so much who sings, but rather who's playing the music.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers