Thread: Good Charlotte Vs Greenday

emomuffinxx

Good Charlotte Vs Greenday

Hey!
    Lately I have been hearing about alot of fights over Good Charlotte and Greenday. :Spyfap: If I think about it really hard... Greenday wins in my opinion. . . Well I have some good reasons:
    Greenday is probably more original
    They dont try too hard
    Nobody sounds like them or looks like them
    Tre' Cool must be the coolest stage name ever.

I could go on all day with these reasons, but im not going to.
    What do all of you think?

Rock out

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emomuffinxx View Post
    Hey!
    Lately I have been hearing about alot of fights over Good Charlotte and Greenday. :Spyfap: If I think about it really hard... Greenday wins in my opinion. . . Well I have some good reasons:
    Greenday is probably more original
    They dont try too hard
    Nobody sounds like them or looks like them
    Tre' Cool must be the coolest stage name ever.

I could go on all day with these reasons, but im not going to.
    What do all of you think?

Rock out
    Wow, I've never felt compelled to edit somebodies post before. Now I know how it feels. I restrained myself.

Green Day DIDN'T try too hard in the past. Now? They're making repetitive, annoying music which, in some cases sounds too similar to the pop scene. Some of their old stuff wasn't even that great. I've always thought Green Day needed to be a LITTLE more varied, but now, I hate their new music, I hate the new look. Billy Joel doesn't want anymore children because his package is having the life squeezed out of it with those disgusting tight jeans that should probably be illegal for any man to wear.

Also; everybody in the emo scene looks like Green Day. My Chemical Romance (who are a bunch of crpam in my opinion, too), looks almost identical to Green Day, except for slightly varying hairstyles and there isn't a fat bloke in My Chemical Romance.

HOWEVER.

I can respect both the voices of the two main vocalists in Green Day and Good Charlotte. They're not terribly whiny (although it's getting there), so in that respect, I don't completely hate them.

On the other hand, I wouldn't listen to it.

I must say, they've been pretty clever on making a scene for slightly younger girls to like (most of the females I know that like them are within age range of 13 - 15, rarely ever older than that).

I don't personally like that scene. But kudos to them for being so clever about it.

As for choosing which is best, I don't really want to pick. I don't like either bands.

Interesting topic, though, I have a feeling it'll have some random posts before it dies down.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Before I opened your profile, I guessed you were 14. 15 was close.

Both are terrible. Green Day is a little less terrible because they rip off of good bands. Good Charlotte just rips off of Green Day and other bands that ripped off Green Day.

Actually, Green Day was good for a while. 7 years ago, their last good album. Instead of going ahead and becoming mature musicians, they went back to the stupid music they made twenty years ago.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Mighty Zordon View Post
    Both are terrible. Green Day is a little less terrible because they rip off of good bands. Good Charlotte just rips off of Green Day and other bands that ripped off Green Day.
    That's a point. That's what I first thought when Good Charlotte came to existing...

I think I remember there was a thread in here... a lame petition that was around just about the time I joined. I think I remember you got angry at the childishness of it... Haha... I was more n00by back then... Jeez, what was I thinking...?

Anyway, back to the topic... I do have to agree with you on the almost copying of styles... That song about girls liking cars and money got really boring on the radio after about a month... Ugh...

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Well I liked a few of Greenday's songs... Pretty much all of which appeared on their 'International Superhits' Cd...
    That said, I don't listen to them much, it was more I saw the CD for $5 at JBHiFi.

I'll say Greenday, but only for those few good songs that have been rereleased...
    Looking through my CDs, I have both 'International Superhits' and 'Dookie'. I know not where, when and how I got Dookie...

Good Charlotte? *looks through a hundred or so CDs...* nopes...
    victoria aut mors

Arachnie Suicide Good Charlotte Vs Greenday ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    I don't particularly like either of the bands, but I'm not going to insult them.

They're good at doing what they do.. Mainstream, uber-commercial pop-punk.

It's not my thing, you know? But yeah.. Can't really diss something just because I don't like it.

I've seen both bands perform live and yeah, they do have some talent, definitely. Good Charlotte are definitely a good group of artists talent-wise. Their live performances are great.

Ditto for Green Day, really. Would they have stuck around that long if they were utter crap and couldn't perform?

So yeah... It's overly mainstream and all, but good enough for that genre.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Good Charlotte Vs Greenday Inagi's Avatar
    Cleverly hidden in the back of a carboard box/ base
    For Greenday..it kinda depends when your talking about.

Anything post american idiot..is..well, bad, I don't like it.

BUT! I like most everything they had before american idiot, like Celtic said, most of it is off of International Superhits, but they do have a good bit of songs on other CDs.

Now, as for good charlotte..er..I haven't heard to much of them.

They did have a song on the radio the other day (Forgot the Name) and I didn't like it.

So, Greenday imo
    My TFF Family ^_^
    SPOILER!!:
    MY TFF FAMILY!

My raving sister, BleachFanGirl!

Crazed Trivia Addicted Cousin, Squall333!

My Trivia-Obsessed brother, Phantom!

My dragon impaling father, Dragoon_Nick!

My crazy aunt, Tiger Lily!

Pilot Extraordinare Brother, FF-Fan Cid!

Maniacal Menacing Brother, Momo Mastermind

My Vampire-Obsessed Sister, Vampiric Delirium!

My Semi-Insane fighter cousin, Celtic_Silver!

My Tree-Hugging Superhero Cousin, FFGuru

Feel free to pm me and join /\/\

Imperius Rex Good Charlotte Vs Greenday Storm's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of either, but at longshot i'd say Greenday since a couple of their songs are quite nice. A friend of mine got me into Good Charlotte when I was about 13/14, whenever they released "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" in the UK. I listened to my British Alternative/"indie" rock around the time too, which I basically grew up with and still listen to now. I've sort of developed a slight intollerance to bands which sound overly American punk-pop. Probably the thing I dislike most though is how people call Greenday a "punk" band, when to myself and a lot of other people, punk is the genre of music in which bands like The Sex Pistols ans The Clash belong to.

Anyway, to quit my rambling, I prefer Green Day a little bit more.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

I used to like greenday quite a lot. Then... well... I dunno what happened, I jsut got bored of them. I've never really been a fan of Good Chalotte, though.
    The worst thing about Greenday, other than the fact that their music has been getting more pop (Aka, worse), is that they take to long to make albums. They're just starting to make the new album in january next year, and it was what... 2004 when american idiot was released? And before that, I'm pretty sure Dookie was out in the late 1990's, 1998 springs to mind...
    Really, I don't like any of them at the moment, but if I had to choose, it would be Greenday.

witweew

Good Charlotte

....yeah -- I thought I'd pipe in and say that people are getting
    sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just
    this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe
    -- it's pretty easy to find, just put 'euro club hits' into itunes or
    check this link: :
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+

Blog Entries
    ehh, I really don't care for either band, but if I had to choose one, probably Green Day. They have better songs in general, but really both bands have gone pretty south currently. I liked Good Charlotte's first CD and I liked Dookie for Green Day. Overall though I think Green Day has more talent in it's band, and an added bonus for them is I can atleast tolerate their new stuff, while with Good Charlotte, no...

Registered User Good Charlotte Vs Greenday winterborn86's Avatar
    I dnt ave a fav as i like songs from both and hate songs from both

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Good Charlotte Vs Greenday Polk's Avatar
    Hm. Green Day in the early 90's were not absolute garbage. Cut to today, and they ARE absolute garbage. Good Charlotte were always terrible. A group of posers playing terrible pop-punk, wearing too much eyeliner, with a bunch of SWEET ASS tattoos.

So who wins? The record companies, of course. But, as one of the choices is Good Charlotte, I have to go with the other choice. Green Day wins by default.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

I kinda like both bands because of their styles in music. I mean, I got into Good Charlotte's Good Morning Revival Album because of the songs The River, Dance Floor Anthem and Get Your Hands Off My Girl.

But I think I like Green Day better because of their songs like Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, She's a Rebel, and American Idiot, and some reasons are in emomuffinxx's first post xD

"Be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil."
    ROMANS 16:19

Just press it:

MY TFF FAMILY

Final Fantasy Fan Cid, my high-flying cousin
    Rocky, my older brother from another mother xD
    Unknown Entity, my Vincent-loving aunt
    LoVeLeSs, my awesome granddaughter
    diaryofjane, my music loving sister
    brnthsdiscout, my FF lovin' sister
    Dark Squall, my God Father.

I think I would have to say I like Green Day more than Good Charlotte. Green Day had a few great songs many years ago when they first started out and so on. I actually own American Idiot and don't mind some of the songs on there but it's definitely not my favorite album out there. I don't mind them though but preferred them back in the 90's. I have their album 'Warning' as well which is good, that was when they were good in my opinion.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Bye-Bye, Taisai Good Charlotte Vs Greenday postalblowfish7's Avatar
    Once upon a time I was visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, and unbeknownst to me, Good Charlotte was playing a show on the stage in the lobby. I was on the top level drinking a coke as the singer and guitarist sat down 3 floors below me to play a few 'acoustic numbers.' They got about 45 seconds into a song, had to stop and start over again. I remember leaning over the balcony directly above them, looking straight down on their stupid ****ing mohawks.

And I remember holding out my drink, dangerously mentally close to just letting go and letting my pop spill all over their stupid wannabe punk hair cuts. Not wanting to get ejected/arrested I calmly pulled my arm back and just sipped on my pop once again as the two douches below again attempted to pretend to be musicians.

As far as Green Day is concerned - in the 90's/early 00's I was in high school. During that time Green Day was extremely popular. Also during that time, I spewed vile darkness on anyone who liked them. People who thought they were into "punk" because they spiked up their hair and put on a Green Day shirt, right before hopping in mom's minivan and getting to homeroom before the bell rang.

Both bands could fall off the face of the earth and the world would be a better place. If you want to know what REAL "punk" sounds like (a term Johnny Rotten pointed out as being manufactured by the media), then click bellow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fkKqneCWxA
    ~ R.I.P. Alexander Server ~
    Phinn - San d'Orian Hume - Shiva Server

Good Charlotte Vs Greenday Magick 13's Avatar
    I don't really know who I'd choose. Green Day has a few songs that are really good but equally they had a few boring ones that I didn't bother listening to much. And Good charlotte... There was a time when I really enjoyed their music as they had some really catchy songs and i found that each of their songs sounded different. But they sounded the same aswell. Does that make sense? Oh well, I think that both bands had their good times, but they also had downs too.
    Last edited by Magick 13; 06-17-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Both suck. Both just suck. They get a lame ass hit, it's number one on the charts for like a week or so, then nobody heres about them. If you want a better version of that type of bands. Listen to Avenged Sevenfold.

Good Charlotte Vs Greenday Magick 13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    If you want a better version of that type of bands. Listen to Avenged Sevenfold.
    Yeah I very much agree.

GREEN DAY IS THE BEST Good charlet ok
    a bit of a Temper
    a little like
    A lot of love

Good Charlotte Vs Greenday Dizz's Avatar
    Well, I don't really prefer either of them, but still, I do like Green Day a lot better. They're a lot more well-known without trying too hard. I haven't heard a song from Good Charlotte in the longest time.
    Plus, in my opinion, Green Day has better songs and a lot more creativity, whereas Good Charlotte is kind of like a knock-off band of another band.
    I call to you with my last bit of breath and hope.
    Here I am, performing my final stand.
    I've got nothing to lose, for everything is lost.
    But you don't care, do you?

Personally i like green day because i like the style of their music. Tre Cool is the coolest stage name ever and they look cool aswell. I don't mind good charlotte i do like the song 'keep your hands off my girl'. I like both bands but overall it would have to be Green day

well, being from waldorf MD i could tell you right now, no one around here gives a @($% about good charllotte. for 2 reasons.

- they arent that good or original
    - benji and joel are not nice people, they still havent payed back the 700$ they owe their aunt

i cant believe im saying this but, i think greenday is better, they may not be talented and such, but atleast they oull crap like that.

Currently Playing
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    Fallout 3
    Metal Gear Solid 4

Good Charlotte Vs Greenday V_Translanka's Avatar
    The only good Good Charlotte song, The Innocent, was carried by Goldfinger & Mest (two bands that actually ARE GOOD).

Its funny, because from the time I was ten to thirteen or fourteen, I was obsessed with Green Day. I had all of their albums and played them nonstop. The Korn and the Limp Bizkit kids made fun of me for liking them, but I didn't really care.

Almost immediately after I moved on to better music, they became insanely popular again. It deflated the whole thing.

Good Charlotte Vs Greenday Dark Squall's Avatar
    Believe or not...On earth. Yea I know someone like me is too awesome to live on earth but what can I do?!!!
    I prefer GC on GD...Maybe coz I hear more songs for them...I dunno, but they are cool.

Sig(s) made by me

DS Sigs

What is life:
    Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos! what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Why life is unfair!!!:
    When man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment...When a woman talks dirty to a man it's 3.95$ per a minute!!!

My Mafia family:
    Mona Lisa Overdrive - Self Appointed god
    LoVeLeSs - Freaky Goddaughter
    brnthsdiscout - FF Lovin' sister
    DiaryofJane-Music Loving God Mother
    Unknown Entity - My sister and my right hand in the family
    Silver - Enforcer

This is a serious question? People are comparing Good Charlotte to anything that isn't... terribad?

My brain hurts; does not compute.

Dookie was a fun album, some of their later things like Brain Stew/Jaded, and a couple songs off Nimrod were good, after that though, they were done.

I used tO be the biigest fan Of Green Day, I suppOse iit was because I thOught Billy JOe was the cutest man On earth haha but theiir sOngs are sO catchy, well used tO be, nOw they're nOt that gOod nO mOre. I used tO siing "Wake me up when September ends" iit was a beautiful sOng and viideO tOo. GoOd CharlOtte iis gOod tOo! I lOve mOst Of theiir sOngs and yeah I knOw Green Day is mOre Origiinal cause they have been On the RecOrd cOmpay fOr years. But GoOd CharlOtte's sOngs are pretty catchy tOo, I'm just angry at Joel fOr dumpiing Hilary Over that anOrexiic NiicOle Riichie, thats why I dOn't liisten tO them nO mOre haha. But iin general, fOr me, it's a tiie.
    .BoOniita iin tha Club.

This is your life. Give it a happy ending (:

Beautiful Girl

Good Charlotte Vs Greenday
    I'd go for Green day .
    I really like both and know most of there songs ..
    But green day has more songs that 'really' stand out compared to good charlotte ..

Good charlotte has REALLY great songs , but theye have fewer to match up to Green day .

Hope this helps